Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,873 members, 7,952,560 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 06:03 PM

Expensive Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Expensive Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators (1063 Views)

I Want To Buy Generator 3.5 KVA Please Which Generator I Should Go For / In Need Of Used Or Cheap Nintendo Switch Joycons Or Pad / Urgent Needed ** Brand New Iphone X Unlock Or Cheap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Expensive Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by Nope31(f): 11:07pm On Nov 25, 2021
I was at the last Lagos International Trade fair and observed that many people bought original generators like Sumec Firman, etc at their stands even though they seem expensive but many still chose to buy other brands with fake KVAs because they are cheap. So which would you rather choose: An expensive original generator or a cheap generator with fake KVA?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Expensive Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by Nope31(f): 3:47pm On Nov 26, 2021
I'm sure many people really want the best brand of generators but can't afford it cos economy is hard. But I think the benefits of buying a good one far outweighs the risk of buying a fake kva generator

4 Likes

Re: Expensive Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by Nope31(f): 5:52am On Nov 27, 2021
That being the case, how do someone identify a fake kva generator? Please share your thoughts here

3 Likes

Re: Expensive Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by Nope31(f): 10:07pm On Nov 27, 2021
First way is to always buy at authorised stores of any brand of generators . These information can be found online

3 Likes

Re: Expensive Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by Nope31(f): 1:27pm On Nov 28, 2021
End users can also find out from generator brands website to know features to look out for in their original generators.

3 Likes

Re: Expensive Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by Nope31(f): 1:59pm On Nov 28, 2021
I've heard of cases where sellers use stickers to sell generators there by increasing the kva and unsuspecting customers will buy and later start having issues related to overloading or burnt coil. Hence, the need for customers to be careful

3 Likes

Re: Expensive Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by Nope31(f): 2:02pm On Nov 28, 2021
Or sellers claiming that the generator is 100% copper when in actual fact, it's aluminium coil

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Expensive Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by Nope31(f): 4:45pm On Nov 28, 2021
It's good to know that there are threads under Nairaland Forum that advise people on what brands/kva of generators to buy to suit their needs. The answer given are based on advices from engineers and those who have experiences in the generator field. So end users can take advantage of these threads and derive benefits from doing so. Although, caution still needs to be taken as some engineers may not give correct information

3 Likes

Re: Expensive Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by Nope31(f): 11:00pm On Nov 28, 2021
Some online stores are not left out as they are fond of exaggerating generator's capacity thereby misleading customers. I know a couple of end users who have fallen prey.
Nope31:
Or sellers claiming that the generator is 100% copper when in actual fact, it's aluminium coil

1 Like

Re: Expensive Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by Nope31(f): 11:59am On Nov 29, 2021
I will say here that if someone wants to buy a generator and know nothing much about it, its best to go with a gen expert to the store. The expert can help check if the coil is 100% copper, check the engine block and the sound of the generator.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

*Mint Like New Iphone 13 Pro Max Worldwide Unlock* / Samsung LCD White Screen Problem (picture) / Iphone Xr 64gb Fu Nfid 105k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.