Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,609 members, 7,979,052 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 07:18 PM

Burger King Hits Nigeria - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Burger King Hits Nigeria (2029 Views)

Tried Burger King In Nigeria. Impressed. Pics / Slay Mama Struggling To Eat Burger With Cutlery In Lagos / Nigerian Lady Orders 'Burger' In Tanzania, But She Got 'Mboga' (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burger King Hits Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 9:06pm On Nov 27, 2021
Mariangeles:

I’m serious. cheesy

As a person who’s passionate about Nigerian foods, it is my duty to change your misconception about Nigerian food.
Here's another soup- Egusi soup as we typically have it. how much nutrition dey that soup? undecided

Re: Burger King Hits Nigeria by Nobody: 9:18pm On Nov 27, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Lots? You actually think here you are talking to an slowpoke or something? undecided

Yes, I don't know about you. I speak for myself and what i eat. Protein include fish, lean cuts of chicken, snails and eggwhites.
Re: Burger King Hits Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 9:21pm On Nov 27, 2021
LIVINGICON:
Yes, I don't know about you. I speak for myself and what i eat. Protein include fish, lean cuts of chicken, snails and eggwhites.
All you listed above are also staples in the diets of Western, even more so than they are the average Nigerian diets. Portion wise, the average Nigerian does not even get 1/10th of the protein recommended for each day. So how does this help your earlier assertions that Western diets are loaded with empty calories? undecided
Re: Burger King Hits Nigeria by Nobody: 9:49pm On Nov 27, 2021
Kobojunkie:
All you listed above are also staples in the diets of Western, even more so than they are the average Nigerian diets. Portion wise, the average Nigerian does not even get 1/10th of the protein recommended for each day. So how does this help your earlier assertions that Western diets are loaded with empty calories? undecided

I never said western diets but western junks. I have folks in the west and you know what, they hardly eat cooked foods. Instead they feed on MacDonalds and the likes. I guess because it is quite cheaper over there. They are looking all puffed up with fats now.
Re: Burger King Hits Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 9:50pm On Nov 27, 2021
LIVINGICON:
I never said western diets but western junks. I have folks in the west and you know what, they hardly eat cooked foods. Instead they feed on MacDonalds and the likes. I guess because it is quite cheaper over there. They are looking all puffed up with fats now.
Ok, so Nigerian junk - puffpuff, buns, dodo or igbekere, chinchin, kulikuli, coconut candy...etc. is better than western junk? undecided

McDonald's is not necessarily cheaper than cooking yourself. I live here in the west and I rarely eat McDonald's because I find I save more when I cook for myself. Also, McDonald's is not junk food. It is fast food but not junkfood. So you should be more specific about what exactly it is you mean when you label McDonald's junk food. undecided

Your friends who you say live in the west are probably puffed up because they don't get enough exercise in their lives and not because they eat at McDonald's. If they made those same burgers or sandwiches at home, they will more than likely experience the very same issue, this because of lack of exercise and not because they eat McDonald's. undecided
Re: Burger King Hits Nigeria by Mariangeles(f): 10:45pm On Nov 27, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Here's another soup- Egusi soup as we typically have it. how much nutrition dey that soup? undecided

I’m not sure, but I think it contains some protein.
Re: Burger King Hits Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 10:49pm On Nov 27, 2021
Mariangeles:
I’m not sure, but I think it contains some protein.
Protein from? undecided

Oh, you mean Protein from the meat(minus bone) wey dey inside the soup, which when compared to eba no even reach anywhere? lipsrsealed
Re: Burger King Hits Nigeria by Sterope(f): 11:21pm On Nov 27, 2021
Are you joking? undecided

I don't think you know much about food to be honest.

I don't know what you mean by 'fermentation takes the nutrients away from fufu and garri'. In fact, fermented foods are actually great for good bacteria. A little goes a long way. Plus many of these foods are rarely eaten isolation.

Egusi is calorie heavy like all nuts and seeds undecided. However, it has a lot of nutrients like most nuts and seeds.

Kobojunkie:

1 Like

Re: Burger King Hits Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 11:24pm On Nov 27, 2021
Sterope:
Are you joking? undecided
The question is genuine! How much nutrition dey that soup? undecided
Re: Burger King Hits Nigeria by Sterope(f): 11:41pm On Nov 27, 2021
https://www.nutritionix.com/i/nutritionix/egusi-soup-1-serving/5b719f098b89395f50c2781a

Food nutritional awareness is relatively new to many Nigerians. Not many of us can afford the internet to learn about food. Cooking vegetables to death used to be a thing in the western world not long ago. Many of us are beginning to catch up. We will get there.
Kobojunkie:
The question is genuine! How much nutrition dey that soup? undecided
Re: Burger King Hits Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 11:43pm On Nov 27, 2021
Sterope:
https://www.nutritionix.com/i/nutritionix/egusi-soup-1-serving/5b719f098b89395f50c2781a

Food nutritional awareness is relatively new to many Nigerians. Not many of us can afford the internet to learn about food. Cooking vegetables to death used to be a thing in the western world not long ago. Many of us are beginning to catch up. We will get there.
Oh, so the soup has no great nutritional value then? undecided
Re: Burger King Hits Nigeria by Sterope(f): 6:21am On Nov 28, 2021
Define great?

Kobojunkie:
Re: Burger King Hits Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 6:37am On Nov 28, 2021
Sterope:
Define great?
You tell me. I checked the website source you have me and I must say that nutritional value chart seems a bit iffy. lipsrsealed
Re: Burger King Hits Nigeria by Sterope(f): 6:47am On Nov 28, 2021
Lmao. Now you are funny. undecided

Kobojunkie:
You tell me. I checked the website source you have me and I must say that nutritional value chart seems a bit iffy. lipsrsealed
Re: Burger King Hits Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 6:52am On Nov 28, 2021
Sterope:
Lmao. Now you are funny. undecided
I am being serious ...I even started reviewing the individual ingredients to figure out for example where the high Vitamin A content - around 80% - claimed in that link came from...
Re: Burger King Hits Nigeria by Sterope(f): 7:03am On Nov 28, 2021
That is not even the point. The link is for Egusi soup. You said great and you don't know what constitutes great.

Egusi is a seed. Nuts and seeds are calorie dense and protein rich. It is particularly a good source
of protein for vegans and weight loss. If I need to explain the benefits of nuts and seeds for you, you shouldn't be making judgements about food.

I found a better one for you.

https://www.nutracheck.co.uk/CaloriesIn/Product/39/Ades+Whole+Egusi+100g

Kobojunkie:
I am being serious ...I even started reviewing the individual ingredients to figure out for example where the high Vitamin A content - around 80% - claimed in that link came from...
Re: Burger King Hits Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 7:09am On Nov 28, 2021
Sterope:
That is not even the point. The link is for Egusi soup. You said great and you don't know what constitutes great.

Egusi is a seed. Nuts and seeds are calorie dense and protein rich. It is particularly a good source
of protein for vegans and weight loss. If I need to explain the benefits of nuts and seeds for you, you shouldn't be making judgements about food.

I found a better one for you.

https://www.nutracheck.co.uk/CaloriesIn/Product/39/Ades+Whole+Egusi+100g
Egusi as a good source of protein for vegans? undecided

Remember, we are here trying to tackle the soup, not just the seeds. undecided

Re: Burger King Hits Nigeria by Sterope(f): 7:26am On Nov 28, 2021
27g is extremely high. That is more than 1/3 RDI of many adults cheesy
Kobojunkie:

Re: Burger King Hits Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 7:29am On Nov 28, 2021
Sterope:
27g is extremely high. That is more than 1/3 RDI of many adults cheesy
Hence the reason I continue to research this to find numbers that make more sense. undecided
Re: Burger King Hits Nigeria by Sterope(f): 7:35am On Nov 28, 2021
Egusi soup is made with egusi seeds. That is the main ingredient. If you need convincing about egusi, you don't know food.

That picture you posted will do with more vegetables, less eba, less oil and without animal protein. That would be a balanced diet. I am done.

Kobojunkie:

Re: Burger King Hits Nigeria by Sterope(f): 7:38am On Nov 28, 2021
The link I posted is a product sold in international markets. For international markets, you need to send your food to the food experts for the breakdown of the nutritional information which is then and put on the food packaging before you sell to people.

Egusi is a seed. You should check out nuts and seeds nutritional values.

Kobojunkie:
Hence the reason I continue to research this to find numbers that make more sense. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Burger King Hits Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 7:55am On Nov 28, 2021
Sterope:
You won't need to struggle very hard because the link I posted is a product sold in international markets. For international markets, you need to send your food to the food experts for the breakdown of the nutritional information which is then and put on the food packaging before you sell to people.

You won't struggle at all if you know just a little about nuts and seeds.
The reason I doubt the values is because I know enough about nuts and seeds to doubt what is indicated there. undecided

Compare the claim made of egusi in that earlier post to the attached images of pumpkin seeds, in the same melon family. See why that claim get as e be? undecided

Re: Burger King Hits Nigeria by Sterope(f): 8:34am On Nov 28, 2021
Hemp seeds is about 30g protein per 100g

Sunflower seeds is about 21g per 100g

Pumpkin seed is about 19g per 100g

This mixed melon seeds is from India. It has about 28g protein per 100g

https://www.snackfresh.co.uk/products/jcr-melon-seeds-charmagaz?currency=GBP&variant=40065122304156&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google%20Shopping&utm_campaign=gs-2021-09-20&utm_source=google&utm_medium=smart_campaign&gclid=Cj0KCQiAy4eNBhCaARIsAFDVtI0LhXcokhDUtYXNm1OqF1aS1-xLa-GX0jX-cLBxHvCW1ugbAqeActoaAv-VEALw_wcB

I like that you are beginning to shift your argument from not knowing anything about egusi to how much protein it has. Which was after I took it upon myself to pont out that it's protein rich grin.

Kobojunkie:
The reason I doubt the values is because I know enough about nuts and seeds to doubt what is indicated there. undecided

Compare the claim made of egusi in that earlier post to the attached images of pumpkin seeds, in the same melon family. See why that claim get as e be? undecided

1 Like

Re: Burger King Hits Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 8:39am On Nov 28, 2021
Sterope:

https://www.snackfresh.co.uk/products/jcr-melon-seeds-charmagaz?currency=GBP&variant=40065122304156&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google%20Shopping&utm_campaign=gs-2021-09-20&utm_source=google&utm_medium=smart_campaign&gclid=Cj0KCQiAy4eNBhCaARIsAFDVtI0LhXcokhDUtYXNm1OqF1aS1-xLa-GX0jX-cLBxHvCW1ugbAqeActoaAv-VEALw_wcB

I like that you are beginning to shift your argument from not knowing anything about egusi to how much protein it has. Which was after I took it upon myself to pont out that it's protein rich grin.
I never said any of what you claim in bold. You assumed that. undecided

Anyways, I still don't by the egusi mixed- melon protein content claim. What I had a problem with was the Vitamin A percentage claimed for the soup, whose source I went in search of before I stumbled on the melon claim. undecided
Re: Burger King Hits Nigeria by Sterope(f): 8:49am On Nov 28, 2021
For a soup made with seeds with high protein content? The seeds that actually make the soup? That same soup?

How much nutrition? Plenty including plenty protein minus other micronutrients?

Kobojunkie:
I never said any of what you claim in bold. You assumed that. undecided

Anyways, I still don't by the egusi mixed- melon protein content claim. What I had a problem with was the Vitamin A percentage claimed for the soup, whose source I went in search of before I stumbled on the melon claim. undecided
Re: Burger King Hits Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 8:50am On Nov 28, 2021
Sterope:
For a soup made with seeds with high protein content? The seeds that actually make the soup? That same soup?
How much nutrition? Plenty including plenty protein minus other micronutrients?
undecided
Re: Burger King Hits Nigeria by Mariangeles(f): 1:31pm On Nov 28, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Protein from? undecided

Oh, you mean Protein from the meat(minus bone) wey dey inside the soup, which when compared to eba no even reach anywhere? lipsrsealed

You no dey ever gree. cheesy

Oya, go through my food diary https://www.nairaland.com/5147525/food-diary#77757348
Re: Burger King Hits Nigeria by Mariangeles(f): 1:37pm On Nov 28, 2021
Sterope:

Thank you for taking the time to enlighten Kobo. cheesy
I was too exhausted and to engage with Kobo, you need energy. grin
Re: Burger King Hits Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 5:19pm On Nov 28, 2021
Mariangeles:
You no dey ever gree. cheesy

Oya, go through my food diary https://www.nairaland.com/5147525/food-diary#77757348
I never take whatever I am told at face value... and that is why I am who I am. grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It Adviseable To Drink Coffee? / Palm Wine For Baking / Ofada Rice For Sale And Distributors Wanted.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.