Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,364 members, 7,950,757 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 09:19 PM

I'm An Atheist But My Parents Won't Let Me Be. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm An Atheist But My Parents Won't Let Me Be. (1467 Views)

My Daughter Is Nowhere To Be Found And My Parents Won't Tell Me The Truth / Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder / Help, I'm An Alcoholic! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm An Atheist But My Parents Won't Let Me Be. by Cashsteady(m): 11:48am On Nov 27, 2021
I quited religion a long time ago after I discovered church is just a money grabbing business organization...

And also thought of how less religious countries are the most developed and how religious countries are the poorest.. after this I quited religion and stop believing in anything religion..

My parents noticed I stopped going to church, they called me and ask me why, I told them plain I was an atheist.
They couldn't believe their ears and told me they will never allow that happen on their watch, the issue even caused serious problem between me and them. My dad even invited is pastor to do deliverance for me. Still didn't change my decision. Till now my parents won't let me rest because I said I was an atheist.

Why is it hard for people to just respect people's decision? This shit is really annoying have got some couple's of fraudsters called pastor's who tried to talk to me but still I told them no.!

3 Likes

Re: I'm An Atheist But My Parents Won't Let Me Be. by MufasaLion: 11:51am On Nov 27, 2021
Africans are too religious and ain't gonna allow their offsprings to not be. I'd urge you to maintain your stand. Religion is not by force.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm An Atheist But My Parents Won't Let Me Be. by Ammishaddai: 11:51am On Nov 27, 2021
The next time they come to you , simply pour hot water on them and that includes your parents too. And if after that they don't repent , sue them for trespassing on your right to freedom of association and religion

2 Likes

Re: I'm An Atheist But My Parents Won't Let Me Be. by chatinent: 11:52am On Nov 27, 2021
Atheism is a religion. You may need to prove your beliefs to them....if there is one.

5 Likes

Re: I'm An Atheist But My Parents Won't Let Me Be. by MadamVanessa(f): 11:53am On Nov 27, 2021
shocked

Because church is just a money grabbing business organization, you conclude that there's no God and you became an atheist.

You talked about atheist nation being developed, can you boldly point out that any nation that's made up of 70% atheist, and they glorified so much in atheism ? Is there any? Most developed countries are theist, is either they're christians, Muslim, budhist, Hindu, Bahai, Jians etc. Their mode of worship and references may differ, but they all believe in God the creator of Heaven and earth.

You are matured enough to make decisions for yourself, you know what is good for you and what is bad for you. If you think that atheism is the surest way for you go ahead, but don't come and say nonsense of what you don't know much about. You saying most developed nations are mostly atheist, that's stupidity at it highest level.

6 Likes

Re: I'm An Atheist But My Parents Won't Let Me Be. by Ammishaddai: 11:53am On Nov 27, 2021
chatinent:
Atheism is a religion. You may need to prove you beliefs to them....if there is one.
I wish I could double like this comment grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm An Atheist But My Parents Won't Let Me Be. by juve4life: 11:54am On Nov 27, 2021
Re: I'm An Atheist But My Parents Won't Let Me Be. by Cashsteady(m): 11:54am On Nov 27, 2021
MufasaLion:
Africans are too religious and ain't gonna allow their offsprings to not be. I'd urge you to maintain your stand. Religion is not by force.

Well said bro... Thing is most of this over religious folks are living miserably while their pastor's are living comfortably and driving expensive rides.. I hope Nigerians rethink of this shitty scam called religion.

2 Likes

Re: I'm An Atheist But My Parents Won't Let Me Be. by MufasaLion: 11:54am On Nov 27, 2021
chatinent:
Atheism is a religion. You may need to prove you beliefs to them....if there is one.

Atheism is not a religion.

3 Likes

Re: I'm An Atheist But My Parents Won't Let Me Be. by Cashsteady(m): 11:55am On Nov 27, 2021
juve4life:
Their house their rules. You can be an atheist all you want when you have your own place.

I have my own place. I'm 20 yrs and I live alone.. they even tried to use my older sister to talk to me but still I told her no
Re: I'm An Atheist But My Parents Won't Let Me Be. by juve4life: 11:56am On Nov 27, 2021
Re: I'm An Atheist But My Parents Won't Let Me Be. by seunmsg(m): 11:56am On Nov 27, 2021
In as much as you are still under the roof of your theist parents, keep your beliefs to yourself to the best of your ability. Stop flaunting it in their faces if you don’t want trouble. When you’re fit enough to be on your own, you can do whatever you like without any consequences from your parents or anyone else.

3 Likes

Re: I'm An Atheist But My Parents Won't Let Me Be. by MufasaLion: 11:57am On Nov 27, 2021
Cashsteady:

Well said bro... Thing is most of this over religious folks are living miserably while their pastor's are living comfortably and driving expensive rides.. I hope Nigerians rethink of this shitty scam called religion.

Lol

Just be you, bro. I don't care about the religious belief of anybody. Being religious or not religious doesn't define a person.

2 Likes

Re: I'm An Atheist But My Parents Won't Let Me Be. by Baawaa(m): 11:58am On Nov 27, 2021
Your parent still love you
Re: I'm An Atheist But My Parents Won't Let Me Be. by chatinent: 11:58am On Nov 27, 2021
MufasaLion:

It is.

Whatever you hold unto and believe its sets of ideologies is a religion, pursuit or interest followed with great devotion.
Re: I'm An Atheist But My Parents Won't Let Me Be. by MufasaLion: 11:59am On Nov 27, 2021
chatinent:

It is.

Whatever you hold unto and believe its sets of ideologies is a religion, pursuit or interest followed with great devotion.

I don't agree with you.

4 Likes

Re: I'm An Atheist But My Parents Won't Let Me Be. by Cashsteady(m): 12:00pm On Nov 27, 2021
MufasaLion:

Lol

Just be you, bro. I don't care about the religious belief of anybody. Being religious or not religious doesn't define a person.

All the churches have been too na every Sunday something dey spoil for church.. speaker go spoil today, generator go spoil tomorrow..

Church is just a money making business place for pastors
Re: I'm An Atheist But My Parents Won't Let Me Be. by chatinent: 12:03pm On Nov 27, 2021
MufasaLion:

I don't agree with you.

It doesn't make any difference tho.
Re: I'm An Atheist But My Parents Won't Let Me Be. by MufasaLion: 12:05pm On Nov 27, 2021
Cashsteady:

All the churches have been too na every Sunday something dey spoil for church.. speaker go spoil today, generator go spoil tomorrow..

Church is just a money making business place for pastors

Well, I'm not interested in debating this. Just follow the reasonable advise that people are gonna give you on this thread. Stay safe.
Re: I'm An Atheist But My Parents Won't Let Me Be. by MufasaLion: 12:05pm On Nov 27, 2021
chatinent:

It doesn't make any difference tho.

Oh, maybe to you.
Re: I'm An Atheist But My Parents Won't Let Me Be. by Ayo081(m): 12:14pm On Nov 27, 2021
Ammishaddai:
The next time they come to you , simply pour hot water on them and that includes your parents too. And if after that they don't repent , sue them for trespassing on your right to freedom of association and religion

What?

grin

1 Like

Re: I'm An Atheist But My Parents Won't Let Me Be. by Ammishaddai: 12:14pm On Nov 27, 2021
Ayo081:

What?

grin
That's what he wants to hear
Re: I'm An Atheist But My Parents Won't Let Me Be. by Nobody: 12:27pm On Nov 27, 2021
Cashsteady:
I quited religion a long time ago after I discovered church is just a money grabbing business organization...

And also thought of how less religious countries are the most developed and how religious countries are the poorest.. after this I quited religion and stop believing in anything religion..

My parents noticed I stopped going to church, they called me and ask me why, I told them plain I was an atheist.
They couldn't believe their ears and told me they will never allow that happen on their watch, the issue even caused serious problem between me and them. My dad even invited is pastor to do deliverance for me. Still didn't change my decision. Till now my parents won't let me rest because I said I was an atheist.

Why is it hard for people to just respect people's decision? This shit is really annoying have got some couple's of fraudsters called pastor's who tried to talk to me but still I told them no.!

1.Most of the developed countries went through their industrial transformation as religious countries.

2.Development has less to do with religion and more to do with a country's economy becoming more and more dependent on exporting industrial goods and servicies.

3.The USA and Russia have a large proportion of religious people...they also are industrial nations

4.Most developing nations aren't underdeveloped because of religion...they are underdeveloped because they rely on exporting raw materials, and subsidize everything, including the bits of their economy like power supply...that are crucial to fueling industrial growth. Subsides prevent profit which means no means of improving things...meaning cash issues.

Exporting raw materials alone means that the revenue stream is always tenuous, because the same countries do not set the price of their exports...unlike industrial nations that can do so.

5.Atheist nations like the Soviet Union and company collapsed because they followed a bad economic system, not because they were atheist. In addition to being resource dependent...they also tried to remove the profit motive from their economic system in favour of egalitarianism which backfired badly.(And many of them were repressive too)

6.Many countries that have low proportions of religious people only did so in the last four to five decades. And back then they were arelady developed.

(I have no issues with your atheismbut I am tired of hearing the old canard that atheist nations are more developed than religious nations because of atheisim. It is too simplistic an explanation. )
Re: I'm An Atheist But My Parents Won't Let Me Be. by Enskynelson(m): 12:30pm On Nov 27, 2021
You are still a boy as long as you are under your parents roof and that gives them control over those your so called freedom. You want to say u have a choice to believe in whatever u want to. Leave your father's house first then go and be whatever u want to.
Re: I'm An Atheist But My Parents Won't Let Me Be. by makemoneywbsite: 12:48pm On Nov 27, 2021
Your parents do not want you to burn forever in the fires of hell. What good parents.
Re: I'm An Atheist But My Parents Won't Let Me Be. by MightySparrow: 12:56pm On Nov 27, 2021
Cashsteady:

You will still need God now or the the gate of ryr

Your parents are concerned about your foolishness.
A fool says in heart, there is no God. Now you are saying it with your actions.

I was once like you, a Muslim brother, counsel me to attend church since I am from a Christian home.
No human gathering is perfect. As concerning money , don't give your money to any church. Listen or messages on the air, pray......

You will still need God now or at the gate of eternity.
Re: I'm An Atheist But My Parents Won't Let Me Be. by Mariangeles(f): 2:22pm On Nov 27, 2021
MufasaLion:

It is.
A belief you defend and live by is your religion.
Think about it...
Re: I'm An Atheist But My Parents Won't Let Me Be. by SanctifiedSista(f): 3:18pm On Nov 27, 2021
They wld account for ur soul, that's why
Re: I'm An Atheist But My Parents Won't Let Me Be. by CountVersailles(f): 3:34pm On Nov 27, 2021
MadamVanessa:
shocked

Because church is just a money grabbing business organization, you conclude that there's no God and you became an atheist.

You talked about atheist nation being developed, can you boldly point out that any nation that's made up of 70% atheist, and they glorified so much in atheism ? Is there any? Most developed countries are theist, is either they're christians, Muslim, budhist, Hindu, Bahai, Jians etc. Their mode of worship and references may differ, but they all believe in God the creator of Heaven and earth.

You are matured enough to make decisions for yourself, you know what is good for you and what is bad for you. If you think that atheism is the surest way for you go ahead, but don't come and say nonsense of what you don't know much about. You saying most developed nations are mostly atheist, that's stupidity at it highest level.
I think you might be the one who's stupid here. Yes, developed countries are mostly atheist. You don't know that? Maybe you don't realise, for example, that France is not a Christian country anymore, nor is Norway or Finland, etc. These are countries that don't carry religion on their heads like your Nigeria and that have progressed because of that. What has your Nigeria achieved with all its religion?

1 Like

Re: I'm An Atheist But My Parents Won't Let Me Be. by CountVersailles(f): 3:35pm On Nov 27, 2021
chatinent:
Atheism is a religion. You may need to prove your beliefs to them....if there is one.
E be like you no go school. How is lack of religion a religion? What's the atheist's holy book?
Re: I'm An Atheist But My Parents Won't Let Me Be. by Nobody: 3:37pm On Nov 27, 2021
Freedom of religion/religious liberty, and freedom of choice are two fundamental human rights.
Re: I'm An Atheist But My Parents Won't Let Me Be. by Nobody: 3:40pm On Nov 27, 2021
chatinent:
Atheism is not a religion,get your facts right and don't cap carelessly
SanctifiedSista:
They wld account for ur soul, that's why
How sad that a christain doesn't know her bible. Didn't Jesus say that in heaven no one is married or is related when the pharisses were talking about a woman who married 7 husband or so(not at once but they died one by one so she kept on marrying). Jesus said she was no one's wife in heaven
What that means is that his parents are not going to account for him,they have tried
Mariangeles:

It is.
A belief you defend and live by is your religion.
Think about it...
No it is a lack of belief not a belief
MightySparrow:

Your parents are concerned about your foolishness.
A fool says in heart, there is no God. Now you are saying it with your actions.

I was once like you, a Muslim brother, counsel me to attend church since I am from a Christian home.
No human gathering is perfect. As concerning money , don't give your money to any church. Listen or messages on the air, pray......

You will still need God now or at the gate of eternity.
What if Allah is real so both you,me and him will go to hell. Any evidence you want to give me to show that Allah is not real can also be applied to your god
makemoneywbsite:
Your parents do not want you to burn forever in the fires of hell. What good parents.
Did you know that if a child steals 1 meat from his mummy pot and dies immediately he is going to hell. What that means that because of one meat he is going to burn forever.
I am sure you must have offended your mummy or daddy in one way or the other,I hope they continued to flog you forever since that is what you are justifying.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Funny Story (The Man in White Garment) / My Daughter Na Case / Just Like Me, So Many Mums Believe The Grass Is Greener On The Other Side.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.