Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,172 members, 7,880,659 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:10 AM

FUL VC, Olayemi Akinwunmi Accused Of Corruption In Awarding Doctorate Degrees - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FUL VC, Olayemi Akinwunmi Accused Of Corruption In Awarding Doctorate Degrees (13430 Views)

NUC Lists 58 Illegal Degree-awarding Varsities In Nigeria / ASUU: Our Mates In Kogi Have Graduated, FUL Students Lament / Universities Awarding Degrees In Less Than 6 Months, PhD Below 1 Year - NUC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FUL VC, Olayemi Akinwunmi Accused Of Corruption In Awarding Doctorate Degrees by IbileIfe: 4:47pm On Nov 27, 2021
Prof. Toyin Falola
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyin_Falola
is too accomplished to pay even one Kobo for the Honorary Doctorate Degree of any university in the world.
It an honour to any university he accepts their Honorary Doctorate Degree.

A university in the UK nominated me for an Honorary Doctorate Degree and I made inquiries before accepting the nomination.
It was totally unsolicited. And I am not even an academic scholar. So, anyone saying an international academic luminary like Prof. Toyin Falola paid for the Honorary Doctorate Degree of a local university in NIgeria is either insane or stupid.

5 Likes

Re: FUL VC, Olayemi Akinwunmi Accused Of Corruption In Awarding Doctorate Degrees by TalkTalkTwins(m): 4:50pm On Nov 27, 2021
ok
Re: FUL VC, Olayemi Akinwunmi Accused Of Corruption In Awarding Doctorate Degrees by oloshun(m): 4:51pm On Nov 27, 2021
I sont know about the rest, but definitely not Toyin Falola. I read his books and journal articles for my Masters. He has been a Prof. In Texas for over 15 years.

3 Likes

Re: FUL VC, Olayemi Akinwunmi Accused Of Corruption In Awarding Doctorate Degrees by oloshun(m): 4:53pm On Nov 27, 2021
IbileIfe:
Prof. Toyin Falola
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyin_Falola
is too accomplished to pay even one Kobo for the Honorary Doctorate Degree of any university in the world.
It an honour to any university he accepts their Honorary Doctorate Degree.

A university in the UK nominated me for an Honorary Doctorate Degree and I made inquiries before accepting the nomination.
It was totally unsolicited. And I am not even an academic scholar. So, anyone saying an international academic luminary like Prof. Toyin Falola paid for the Honorary Doctorate Degree of a local university in NIgeria is either insane or stupid.

That's juat my point below. Toyin Falola? Who dares say that? Do people really know who this man is? When he sneezes in University of Texas, White fellows panic.

4 Likes

Re: FUL VC, Olayemi Akinwunmi Accused Of Corruption In Awarding Doctorate Degrees by dfrost: 5:17pm On Nov 27, 2021
IbileIfe:
Professor Toyin Falola, Professor of African History and Jacob and Frances Sanger MossikerChair in the Humanities at the University of Texas at Austin, USA: Doctor of Letters (Honoris Causa) is an accomplished scholar.
What does he need an Honorary Doctorate Degree for? shocked

You need to understudy the average black man. There is something fundamental about him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FUL VC, Olayemi Akinwunmi Accused Of Corruption In Awarding Doctorate Degrees by dfrost: 5:18pm On Nov 27, 2021
oloshun:
I sont know about the rest, but definitely not Toyin Falola. I read his books and journal articles for my Masters. He has been a Prof. In Texas for over 15 years.

Best thing to do is to investigate. Don't vouch for anyone especially a Nigerian.
Re: FUL VC, Olayemi Akinwunmi Accused Of Corruption In Awarding Doctorate Degrees by abu12: 5:34pm On Nov 27, 2021
somebody has not spend a year in office

those who don't want him in the first place have not relent .

this is a fight between Yoruba and igalas in kogi state, they stood against his nominations, but yahaya bello ignored them

2 Likes

Re: FUL VC, Olayemi Akinwunmi Accused Of Corruption In Awarding Doctorate Degrees by Zztt: 5:47pm On Nov 27, 2021
Really
Re: FUL VC, Olayemi Akinwunmi Accused Of Corruption In Awarding Doctorate Degrees by eddie7: 5:57pm On Nov 27, 2021
No tangible proof to solidify this claim. the prof really has loads of hurdles to cross and billions of enemies to overcome right from his selection / elevation to the VC position

The good Lord shall surely strengthen him & shame his distractors

4 Likes

Re: FUL VC, Olayemi Akinwunmi Accused Of Corruption In Awarding Doctorate Degrees by Kog45(m): 6:09pm On Nov 27, 2021
abu12:

this is a fight between Yoruba and igalas in kogi state, they stood against his nominations, but yahaya bello ignored them
Wetin be Yahaya Bello for Federal university....una don start with una Yahaya Bello.

1 Like

Re: FUL VC, Olayemi Akinwunmi Accused Of Corruption In Awarding Doctorate Degrees by efighter: 6:55pm On Nov 27, 2021
MadamVanessa:
Waste side professors and criminal tendency are like dicck and pusssy , they go together.

Not surprised sha, our next incoming president is from the waste side and a legendary thief at that.

The side that used over three million stubborn goats from your side for pepper soup and suya. It's a nightmare that has been passed from generation to generation. You will never get over it. One of your sisters at FUTO recently sold Professorship of Cybersecurity to Isa Pantami who has PhD in Management after Pantami's fellow Almajaris in ABTU rejected him.

2 Likes

Re: FUL VC, Olayemi Akinwunmi Accused Of Corruption In Awarding Doctorate Degrees by thatigboman1: 7:54pm On Nov 27, 2021
dfrost:

Best thing to do is to investigate. Don't vouch for anyone especially a Nigerian.
how can a professor pay to be awarded an honorary doctorate degree? Does it even make an iota of sense?
What exactly is there to investigate?

2 Likes

Re: FUL VC, Olayemi Akinwunmi Accused Of Corruption In Awarding Doctorate Degrees by techWriter1: 8:18pm On Nov 27, 2021
All these egbira and igala hungry organizations

3 Likes

Re: FUL VC, Olayemi Akinwunmi Accused Of Corruption In Awarding Doctorate Degrees by dfrost: 8:45pm On Nov 27, 2021
thatigboman1:
how can a professor pay to be awarded an honorary doctorate degree? Does it even make an iota of sense?
What exactly is there to investigate?

Exactly. It also doesn't make sense when a sitting governor stuffs dollars into his babariga.

I repeat don't trust Nigerians. He might be exonerate. He might not be. If they have accused the VC, then let the investigation run its course.
Re: FUL VC, Olayemi Akinwunmi Accused Of Corruption In Awarding Doctorate Degrees by thatigboman1: 9:28pm On Nov 27, 2021
dfrost:

Exactly. It also doesn't make sense when a sitting governor stuffs dollars into his babariga.

I repeat don't trust Nigerians. He might be exonerate. He might not be. If they have accused the VC, then let the investigation run its course.

ur analogy is wrong. Governors are they to steal, to recoup money they spent during election. To be a Prof, u have to be a Doc first (PhD). So I ask, how can a professor pay money to be awarded an honorary doctorate degree, when he was long a doc before becoming Prof?
Re: FUL VC, Olayemi Akinwunmi Accused Of Corruption In Awarding Doctorate Degrees by dfrost: 10:09pm On Nov 27, 2021
thatigboman1:
ur analogy is wrong. Governors are they to steal, to recoup money they spent during election. To be a Prof, u have to be a Doc first (PhD). So I ask, how can a professor pay money to be awarded an honorary doctorate degree, when he was long a doc before becoming Prof?

Governors are there to steal. So we can as well equate governorship = stealing. Nice analogy from you.

Please, pray tell: have you confirmed the position of this issue from him?
Re: FUL VC, Olayemi Akinwunmi Accused Of Corruption In Awarding Doctorate Degrees by alfonso36(m): 10:10pm On Nov 27, 2021
They want to tarnish his image.

2 Likes

Re: FUL VC, Olayemi Akinwunmi Accused Of Corruption In Awarding Doctorate Degrees by Praxtech: 10:24pm On Nov 27, 2021
abu12:

this is a fight between Yoruba and igalas in kogi state, they stood against his nominations, but yahaya bell.o ignored them
Well said
Re: FUL VC, Olayemi Akinwunmi Accused Of Corruption In Awarding Doctorate Degrees by Praxtech: 10:24pm On Nov 27, 2021
techWriter1:
All these egbira .and igala hungry organizations
On point
Re: FUL VC, Olayemi Akinwunmi Accused Of Corruption In Awarding Doctorate Degrees by Anieke77(m): 11:20pm On Nov 27, 2021
MadamVanessa:
Waste side professors and criminal tendency are like dicck and pusssy , they go together.

Not surprised sha, our next incoming president is from the waste side and a legendary thief at that.
madam Vanessa all day
Re: FUL VC, Olayemi Akinwunmi Accused Of Corruption In Awarding Doctorate Degrees by efighter: 11:39pm On Nov 27, 2021
Anieke77:
madam Vanessa all day

With no sense

(1) (2) (Reply)

16 Ogun Students In Detention For Destroying School Property, Parents Protest / NDA Matriculates 441 Cadets For 75th Regular Course / Sponsored Jigawa Medical Students In China (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.