Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,831 members, 7,918,668 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 01:46 PM

To School And Work In Sweden:tuition Free! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / To School And Work In Sweden:tuition Free! (13769 Views)

Nursery School In Calabar Flogs Parents For Bringing Their Kids Late To School / The Risk Students Take In Warri To Get To School (Photo) / Names Of Tuition Free Universities In Norway, Canada And Sweden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

To School And Work In Sweden:tuition Free! by andyzoga: 8:47pm On Jul 26, 2007
Hi Nairalanders.I just read in the dailies about some courses in Sweden/Norway with free tuition.Can this be true?Anyone with a tangible info shouldn't hesitate to let me know the authentisity of this.Thanks
Re: To School And Work In Sweden:tuition Free! by leleken(m): 4:31pm On Aug 02, 2007
yes its true.i know of someone who can be of help esp if u are in lagos.check or call damilare 08033358889.goodluck
Re: To School And Work In Sweden:tuition Free! by epain(f): 8:32am On Aug 03, 2007
actually i have a friend on it rite now/ but dont know much/ 4sure its true. pls hw will d person b of help
Re: To School And Work In Sweden:tuition Free! by andyzoga: 9:13pm On Aug 03, 2007
If u have the ID of anyone in Lagos dealing in this kind of a deal,I guess u should put it on this page for many pple to benefit from him rather than giving a phone number,u understand what I mean?, Lest I for get,are u on thesame deal?
Re: To School And Work In Sweden:tuition Free! by opensource(m): 10:01pm On Aug 03, 2007
Fellow naijalanders just to contribute my own quota .I am quite knowledgable about the Swedish and Scandinavians education and admission process and can help any one in getting a scholarship there.But before I proceed I will like to advice that there might be potential delays in terms of delivery of your letter by the nigeria post office and this is turn might make u loss the chance.

Also the Visa application takes about 2 months and when you dont get teh offer letter on time u might loss out.

If you need more info , contact me and i can help ,

Thanks
Re: To School And Work In Sweden:tuition Free! by MT: 12:07am On Aug 04, 2007
@ ALL

While it is true that the tuition fee is free, you still need to know that you have a lot to convince the consular at the swedish embassy. Yu have to prove that you are able to maintain yourself without recourse to public funds. If you can successfully scale through that hurdle, then get ready for the cold!. All da best
Re: To School And Work In Sweden:tuition Free! by every(m): 9:16am On Aug 16, 2007
Open source, i think i need more info.My email add is: tayusky@yahoo.com.

Thanks.
Re: To School And Work In Sweden:tuition Free! by topeorekoy(m): 1:04pm On Aug 21, 2007
@ stanchi,

400k for what? go to school in sweden? u gat to be kidding me. when i can do that free myself. know the procedure. even have a friend that has gone without paying anyone any dime
Re: To School And Work In Sweden:tuition Free! by teebabs(m): 4:27am On Aug 25, 2007
Open Source please i need more information. Reach me on getniyinow@hotmail.com
Re: To School And Work In Sweden:tuition Free! by udezij(m): 8:52am On Aug 25, 2007
topeorekoy,pls can you tell me the procedure on how i can apply for university in sweden and get the admission and also scholarship.

Hope to hear from you

Last question:Do you know how one can get schengen visa
Re: To School And Work In Sweden:tuition Free! by seunniji(m): 12:21pm On Aug 25, 2007
please who ever have more info contact me on seunniji@yahoo.co.uk
Re: To School And Work In Sweden:tuition Free! by seunniji(m): 12:23pm On Aug 25, 2007
i meant "has", LOL
Re: To School And Work In Sweden:tuition Free! by olagboye(m): 11:30am On Aug 27, 2007
hi everyone, im interested. u can forward the info to me on olagboye2002@yahoo.com
Re: To School And Work In Sweden:tuition Free! by brownbonno(m): 2:16pm On Aug 27, 2007
Sweden is a Tuition free country.There is no need to pay money to anybody.Here is the link
http://www.si.se/templates/StartPage____3.aspx
Re: To School And Work In Sweden:tuition Free! by topeorekoy(m): 2:51pm On Aug 27, 2007
its just as easy as applying for a job. google schools in sweden. then apply for any course of ur choice. the next admission shld open in december. u have to get ur credentials sighned and stamped by a notary public(lawyer who is a notary public) some requested for the info. page of ur international passport but some dont.
Re: To School And Work In Sweden:tuition Free! by funnylife(f): 4:35pm On Aug 29, 2007
my number is 08032131638,

opensource, can u kindly call me or text me ur no

i am interested in d sweden scholarship.

pls reach me

tnx alot
Re: To School And Work In Sweden:tuition Free! by oremoren(m): 8:03pm On Sep 05, 2007
hi all for tuition studies to any scandinavian countries it easy as abc, Sweden, norway, holland. its for real. visit the country's websites. for info or visit www.naijascholarship..com. i got two friends who are lleaving friday. one for sewden one for norway. good luck to you all
Re: To School And Work In Sweden:tuition Free! by maryray(f): 7:59pm On Feb 09, 2008
Need help from all u guyz , is this swedish stuff really  here good. someone abeg advise me. Presently, i am in Canada, also i'm a resident, and while i'm not paying international student fee, my school fee is still expensive anyway. Added 2 d fact that i decided 2 be a big girl and asked my mom not to be sending money to me, i am now paying my feeding, rent, fees, transportation, clothing, just name it, and i am only 20!. Also i really dont like this place, u wont believe that within my first week here, i was already planning to go back 2 nigeria, and d only thing keeping me here is that i decided to finish my education first.

Do u guyz think it's a good idea to transfer my courses, and go 2 school there in December. Do i have 2 speak their language, or is english d work language. Also will i be able to get a job there fast (i mean really fast, and as a normal naija, i will even pay anyone who can hook me up with a good job), or get someone to fix me up with a job, or is their job opportunity there like Naija. Anyone of u guyz can reach me at LadyYesu_beauty@yahoo.com.au, or call my number which is 204-952-7467(mind u, u are risking ur credit if u are not in canada).

Please u guyz should advice me through my email or whatever, i have a laptop at home anyway, and i always check my email. If u really think its rosy, especially with the job opportunities, then i might just switch oh. And if u know someone in school there already, d story might help. Also how do they treat people there, ope its not like all this yeye north americans, cause eye dont want 2 be going from frying pan to fire undecided. The thing with the embassy should not be a problem, after convertind some dollars, it should carry weight there grin.
[/color]
Re: To School And Work In Sweden:tuition Free! by dejsmiles(m): 3:16pm On Feb 11, 2008
hello maryray,I will advice you to just stay there and finish your studies and if you think you can't continue to pay then it's better you let your mum know what is happening ang support you with what she have.The devil you know is far better than the angel you don't know.So I suggest you continue.Takia
Re: To School And Work In Sweden:tuition Free! by Delta007(m): 5:06pm On Feb 11, 2008
Ok, Mary, u are sounding like a very big baby. At 20, I was already in my 3rd yr in my program in Canada, yes Canada; and guess what? I was an international student paying those fees and at thet time, we werent even allowed to work off campus unlike now. My point is, see it as a challenge that molds u instead of looking for an easy way out. Residents pay as little as $3K a yr and I find it hard to believe when I hear peeps like u crying. Even a good summer jab will take care of ur fees, accommodation, food, and other expenses unless u are a high-end girl; and yeah, there's nothing wrong in asking for assistance from ur folks. It has nothing to do with being a big girl. Being matured entails looking at ur options and maximising them; which means if ur folks are a financial option at this point in time, no biggie as far as u dont squander their dough. The Sweden option is not a bad idea but it's only the tuition that's free. You still got other expenses (similar to ur current situation) that may or maynot be more expensive (my guess is that they are more expensive in those Scan/Shengen countries).

I think part of ur problem is that u are finding it hard to adjust and settle down; this is partly due to ur location. Looking at ur number, it seems u are based in Manitoba, unfortunately one of the sh!tholes of Canada. It's true, Rural America is a glorified village; u cant compare it to Abuja. If u aint too far into ur program, it wont be a bad idea to move to a relatively decent city where u can mingle with other folks (Nigerians, Africans, etc), get decent jobs and have several other facilities at ur disposal. It wud aid ur settling down. Also, note ur location in Canada matters alot. In places like Manitoba, there are fewer jobs and since it's one of the poorer provinces, u are likely to pay higher tuition. You have the internet at ur disposal; make use of it and maximise ur potential here in Canada. If u got any other questions, feel free to holla @ me.

maryray:

Need help from all u guys , is this swedish stuff really here good. someone abeg advise me. Presently, i am in Canada, also i'm a resident, and while i'm not paying international student fee, my school fee is still expensive anyway. Added to the fact that i decided 2 be a big girl and asked my mom not to be sending money to me, i am now paying my feeding, rent, fees, transportation, clothing, just name it, and i am only 20!. Also i really don't like this place, u wont believe that within my first week here, i was already planning to go back 2 nigeria, and d only thing keeping me here is that i decided to finish my education first.

Do u guys think it's a good idea to transfer my courses, and go 2 school there in December. Do i have 2 speak their language, or is english d work language. Also will i be able to get a job there fast (i mean really fast, and as a normal naija, i will even pay anyone who can hook me up with a good job), or get someone to fix me up with a job, or is their job opportunity there like Naija. Anyone of u guys can reach me at LadyYesu_beauty@yahoo.com.au, or call my number which is 204-952-7467(mind u, u are risking your credit if u are not in canada).

Please u guys should advice me through my email or whatever, i have a laptop at home anyway, and i always check my email. If u really think its rosy, especially with the job opportunities, then i might just switch oh. And if u know someone in school there already, d story might help. Also how do they treat people there, ope its not like all this yeye north americans, cause eye don't want 2 be going from frying pan to fire undecided. The thing with the embassy should not be a problem, after convertind some dollars, it should carry weight there grin.
[/color]
Re: To School And Work In Sweden:tuition Free! by ratiken(m): 2:30pm On Feb 12, 2008
@Delta007

I'll say you are good man for that well constructed advice up here for Mary.

I'll like to have a chat with you to clarify some issues if you wouldn't mind.

amiablekenny@yahoo.com does it all. YIM? message? whatever option you so desire.

I am almost always online.
Re: To School And Work In Sweden:tuition Free! by Tantolu: 9:42pm On Feb 13, 2008
Delta 007,

great advice for mary there, op u wldnt mind if i have ur e.mail
Re: To School And Work In Sweden:tuition Free! by ammosmann2: 9:57pm On Feb 13, 2008
Guy, You dont need to consult anyone to apply to any tuition free university in Sweden. Just visit www.studera.nu or google-search "Study in sweden" and you'll get all you need to know. Everything is done online. Goodluck
Re: To School And Work In Sweden:tuition Free! by Xolokristo(m): 1:32am On Feb 14, 2008
Sweden, tuition free, Expensive cost of living, some how you must pay back to the system, unah think say them be father Christmas?

Delta007, nah you be the man!

Maryray, Experience they say is the best teacher because he gives you the test first, and the lesson afterwards, shine your eyez!
Re: To School And Work In Sweden:tuition Free! by Mustay(m): 2:41pm On Feb 15, 2008
ammosmann2:

Guy, You don't need to consult anyone to apply to any tuition free university in Sweden. Just visit www.studera.nu or google-search "Study in sweden" and you'll get all you need to know. Everything is done online. Goodluck

true!
Re: To School And Work In Sweden:tuition Free! by icedbone(m): 3:06pm On Feb 19, 2008
hi delta007,dat was a nice advise u gave.pls i won't mind if we c ould have a chat cos i have the intentions to come school in canada my ad is icedbone007@yahoo.com and my Y'msgr id is icedbone007 .cheers
Re: To School And Work In Sweden:tuition Free! by dapsycool(m): 3:27pm On Feb 19, 2008
Admission closed cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy for 2008, Instead of doubting, why not take advantage of this awoof,imagine studying for free in some of the best universities worldwide. Lund, Uppsala and Chalmers are all in the top 200 universities worldwide shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked while the best uni in 9ja is ranked 6000+ embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
If u can, take advantage, cos free education would stop someday,like denmark stopped 2006, i think austria was 2001.
So Iceland,Finland,Norway and Sweden still gat free edu.They got a Nigerian Students Association In Sweden, though their site is down.
Like I said earlier, admission closed for 2008, ya''ll chill till next year tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: To School And Work In Sweden:tuition Free! by shamoney1: 7:26pm On May 23, 2008
pls can i get info on housing in umea sweden.i need it badly.reply if u have info on it
Re: To School And Work In Sweden:tuition Free! by Onyeara: 8:17pm On May 23, 2008
Hi to you all. I completed my masters in the best university in Sweden. I was also on a scholarship then. Presently working in the UK. So if you need any info as per study in Sweden and accommodation in Stockholm.free free to give me a Shout

1 Like

Re: To School And Work In Sweden:tuition Free! by shamoney1: 7:57pm On May 24, 2008
onyeara
pls i need info about accommodation in umea sweden. my email add. stonface2@yahoo.com
Re: To School And Work In Sweden:tuition Free! by vitamin(f): 8:16pm On May 28, 2008
hi opensource,
please send me info at tolu_sonubi@yahoo.com. thanx

(1) (2)

The Life Changer Questions And Answers 2024 For All Chapters / University Of Agriculture Students Must Have A Farm Before Graduation —FG / FG Accused Of Abandoning Chibok Girls On Scholarship At American University Yola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.