Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,358 members, 7,897,598 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 04:34 PM

Tomorrow Is My Baptism 28/11/2021 - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tomorrow Is My Baptism 28/11/2021 (595 Views)

Pastor Drowns While Conducting Baptism At Blood River Village In South Africa / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 28/11/17 / Former Cultists, Prostitutes And Militants Undergo Water Baptism In Rivers. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tomorrow Is My Baptism 28/11/2021 by Kobojunkie: 8:06am On Nov 28, 2021
Bnaira77:
Hmmm... but Jesus answered him "let it be so now; for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness. Matt 3 vs 15. I'm not in here to argue with you Bro happy sunday!

Ay happy sunday to you too smiley
But Jesus Christ lived, not according to the New Covenant which He called you to live by, but according to the Old Covenant by which He did fulfill all righteousness, this as ransom for the Lost Sheep of Israel whom He was sent to redeem from the Old Covenant - you are not one of those. undecided

See, why I said you are wrong now? undecided

You are called of God's Old Covenant neither did Jesus Christ pay the ransom in question on your behalf. You are a gentile called of the New Covenant and Jesus Christ told you to do as He asks, not as He did - John 14 vs 15 - 25 & John 15 vs 14 undecided
Re: Tomorrow Is My Baptism 28/11/2021 by Bnaira77(m): 8:11am On Nov 28, 2021
I'm not wrong, dont tell me I'm wrong. Believe whatever you believe. Free me
Kobojunkie:
But Jesus Christ lived, not according to the New Covenant which He called you to live by, but according to the Old Covenant by which He did fulfill all righteousness, this as ransom for the Lost Sheep of Israel whom He was sent to redeem from the Old Covenant - you are not one of those. undecided

See, why I said you are wrong now? undecided

You are called of God's Old Covenant neither did Jesus Christ pay the ransom in question on your behalf. You are a gentile called of the New Covenant and Jesus Christ told you to do as He asks, not as He did - John 14 vs 15 - 25 & John 15 vs 14 undecided
Re: Tomorrow Is My Baptism 28/11/2021 by Kobojunkie: 8:16am On Nov 28, 2021
Bnaira77:
I'm not wrong, dont tell me I'm wrong. Believe whatever you believe. Free me
You are wrong because Jesus Christ is right! Being born of water and from Spirit.. opens a gate into the Kingdom to you. Which gate is determined by whether you understand and are living in submission to and obedience of the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ or not. undecided

The doctrines and traditions of your Pastors and mogs are lies and will only open to you the broad gate into the Kingdom of God. You should instead work on replacing those lies with the Truth of Jesus Christ, this through obedience of the Truth for that is how you can enter into the Kingdom of God through the narrow Gate that leads to True Life. undecided
Re: Tomorrow Is My Baptism 28/11/2021 by Ayo081(m): 8:29am On Nov 28, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Baptism does not fulfill all righteousness or anything of that foolishness you drink up from listening to the doctrines and Traditions of men which Jesus Christ warned you were all lies, abomination where God's Truth is concerned. undecided

RTFLMAO
grin grin grin grin

I know that there're so many heresy or tradition of men. But that's not the topic. Hence, the quoted Bible passage doesn't apply here.

Again,

5 Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit.

6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.

7 You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You must be born again.’

John 3:5‭-‬7 NIV

undecided
Re: Tomorrow Is My Baptism 28/11/2021 by Ayo081(m): 8:32am On Nov 28, 2021
Bnaira77:

Ay happy sunday to you too smiley

Happy Sunday friend and how're you doing today?
Re: Tomorrow Is My Baptism 28/11/2021 by Kobojunkie: 8:34am On Nov 28, 2021
Ayo081:

RTFLMAO
grin grin grin grin
I know that there're so many heresy or tradition of men. But that's not the topic. Hence, the quoted Bible passage doesn't apply here.
Again,
undecided
Learn to hear what Jesus Christ told you. Jesus Christ did not tell you that some of it is heresy .. instead Jesus said ALL of it is heresy ..... pay attention.

Mark 7 vs 1-13 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Now when the Pharisees gathered to him, with some of the scribes who had come from Jerusalem,
2. they saw that some of his disciples ate with hands that were defiled, that is, unwashed.
3. (For the Pharisees and all the Jews do not eat unless they wash their hands properly,[a] holding to the tradition of the elders,
4. and when they come from the marketplace, they do not eat unless they wash. And there are many other traditions that they observe, such as the washing of cups and pots and copper vessels and dining couches.[c])
[b] 5.
And the Pharisees and the scribes asked him, “Why do your disciples not walk according to the tradition of the elders, but eat with defiled hands?”
6. And he said to them, “Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written,
“‘This people honors me with their lips,
but their heart is far from me;

7. in vain do they worship me,
teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’

8. You leave the commandment of God and hold to the (doctrines and rules)** tradition of men.”
9. And he said to them, “You have a fine way of rejecting the commandment of God in order to establish your tradition!
10. For Moses said, ‘Honor your father and your mother’; and, ‘Whoever reviles father or mother must surely die.’
11. But you say, ‘If a man tells his father or his mother, “Whatever you would have gained from me is Corban”’ (that is, given to God)[d]—
12. then you no longer permit him to do anything for his father or mother,
13. thus making void the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And many such things you do.”
** substituted from another Bible translation for better understanding of what is impacted
Re: Tomorrow Is My Baptism 28/11/2021 by Ayo081(m): 8:39am On Nov 28, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Learn to hear what Jesus Christ told you. Jesus Christ did not tell you that some of it is heresy .. instead Jesus said ALL of it is heresy ..... pay attention.
** substituted from another Bible translation for better understanding of what is impacted

Staying with the topic undecided

Is baptism a tradition invented by men? undecided
Re: Tomorrow Is My Baptism 28/11/2021 by Kobojunkie: 8:40am On Nov 28, 2021
Ayo081:
Staying with the topic undecided
Is baptism a tradition invented by men? undecided
Go back to what I already said about baptism. You are not the OP, so let him speak for himself. undecided
Re: Tomorrow Is My Baptism 28/11/2021 by Bnaira77(m): 10:59am On Nov 28, 2021
Happy sunday bro.. compliments of the season smiley
Ayo081:

Happy Sunday friend and how're you doing today?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pray: China Reportedly Rewriting The Bible Calling Jesus A 'Sinner' / What Saved Me When I Almost Turned Against God / What Are The Essential Doctrines Of Christianity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.