Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,511 members, 7,920,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 02:29 PM

Workers. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Workers. (240 Views)

Zimbabwean Sex Workers Clash With Priest At Their Colleague’s Burial (Photos) / FG Should Deduct Tithes From Workers Salaries And Send It To Church - Archbishop / Apostle Suleman Celebrates His Birthday, Gifts Committed Church Workers N15M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Workers. by AbundantLife05: 6:18am On Nov 28, 2021
ABUNDANT LIFE VISION.
WORKERS. Luke 10:2

These were his instructions to them: The harvest is great, but the workers are few. So pray to the Lord who is in charge of the harvest; ask him to send more workers into his fields. NLT.

Morning, my dear friends. It is so wonderful to share the word of God with you today. It is my prayer that God will keep on bringing workers into his field. Our discussion this morning centres on “workers”. Here are some questions from this topic, who is a worker? Who employs these workers? Which work are they employed for?

Firstly, God is the employer of labour. The bible in the book of Luke 19: 11-26 talks about the parable of the talents which depicts God’s investment in our lives and his expectation that we bring interest into his investment. In the same vein, he is the owner of the field which he has called us into. The field stands for the people of the world. Finally, those that have given their lives to Christ are his workers charged to bring in people into his fold of Christ (harvest).

Friends, look at it from this angle, Jesus came into the world to save us from sin after which he commanded us to go to the end of the world evangelising about the gospel. Acts 1:8; “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere—in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” NLT. For this to happen effectively, more and more people will have to be converted (harvest), the more harvest we have now, the greater harvest we will have in the future.

Because of this, there are some things that workers must have because they are called to save souls (harvest).

1. Workers are lambs. Luke 10:3
“Now go, and remember that I am sending you out as lambs among wolves.” NLT.

The workers of God’s harvest are lambs in a world full of sin. Workers are to be gentle in their dealing with people in order to bring them to God. Phillipians 2:15; “So that no one can criticise you. Live clean, innocent lives as children of God, shining like bright lights in a world full of crooked and perverse people. NLT.

2. Workers are not distracted. Luke 10:4b
“And don’t stop to greet anyone on the road.” NLT.

Workers concentrate on the mission given to them by God. They do not get distracted by the things they meet on the way. Jesus telling the seventy-two here not to wait to greet is for them not to lose focus. He does not want them to follow another path as a result of the people they meet on the way. This applies to Christians nowadays, we are to face our work without losing focus.

3. Workers have good words. Col 4:6
“Let your conversation be gracious and attractive so that you will have the right response for everyone.” NLT.

Workers are to have good words. A worker is supposed to lift people with the words of his or her mouth and not put people down. Ephesians 4:29 confirms this; “Don’t use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them.” NLT.

4. Workers do not work for financial gain. Luke 10:4a
“Don’t take any money with you, nor a traveler’s bag, nor an extra pair of sandals.” NLT.

Workers do not work for financial gain. They may receive hospitality given to them in the course of their service, Luke 10:7 but they do not work primarily for money. 1Thess 2:7; “As apostles of Christ we certainly had a right to make some demands of you, but instead we were like children among you. Or we were like mother feeding and caring for her own children.” NLT.

5. Workers have been given power. Luke 10:9
“Heal the sick, and tell them, the kingdom of God is near you now.” NLT.

For the work of God to be perfectly done, he gives his workers power to carry our their task. This is the truth, we cannot evangelize successfully without power. We will encounter those who are under oppression, sickness and other spiritual complications. We can only reach out to people under this category if we cast out the demons possessing them and heal them of their sicknesses.

Therefore, if you are reading this and you are not in the family of God or you have gone out of the family and you are ready to surrender or re-surrender to him, say this prayer after me; Lord Jesus, I confess you as my Lord and saviour today, please save me and be my lord and bring me into your fold. Amen. If you have recited the prayer wholeheartedly, I congratulate you and I welcome you to the family of God. Make sure you join a bible believing church as you start your journey in Christ.

If you have been blessed by the teaching and you have questions and comments. Contact Abundant Life Vision through the following platforms:
Twitter: @VisionAbundant
Instagram: visionabundantlife
Email:visionabundantlife@gmail.com
God bless you.
Re: Workers. by AntiChristian: 6:26am On Nov 28, 2021
Workers of iniquities!

(1) (Reply)

When You Pray The “hail Mary” Prayer / Is God Good All The Time ? (why Does God Allow Us To Go Through Trials And Tribu / Alleviating The Poverty And Hunger Through Zakat And Helping The Poor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.