Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,449 members, 7,897,903 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 10:16 PM

The Baby Mama Community; A New Reality Or Mere Influence? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Baby Mama Community; A New Reality Or Mere Influence? (1548 Views)

I'm Not Aborting The Baby, But I've To Travel Far_Far Away From Home. / The Baby I Am Carrying Belongs To My Ex-Boyfriend - Lady To Boyfriend / "If My Man Cheats On Me While I'm Pregnant, I'll Kill Him And The Baby" - Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: The Baby Mama Community; A New Reality Or Mere Influence? by Nobody: 9:52am On Dec 02, 2021
mk3jax:

I understand that you have answered the question "correctly" as per your currently understanding of life which is ok.
I have a 25 years old friend who was like you when she was younger and always talking about nothing more than wanting to be a CEO bla bla. She is 26 today and have graduated from the University, works in a bank and talk of nothing more than getting married because according to her, "I am getting older and want a secured future". What this means in simple terms are (1) My beauty will not be like this forever so I do not expect to get same attention from guys as I used to (2) I want to have a/some child/ children and do not want to raise them alone because it is hardwork (3) Work is not as cool as I was brainwashed to believe. It is hard to wake up all your life and hustle just to survive. Also most men don't want to be a CEO and are forced to work just to provide for their family. The don't like work per say but have little or no option but to do it because they have to provide for their family.

I am not saying that you must marry but you're too young to understand why alot of women prioritize marriage like their life depend on it.
It goes more than culture because most baby mama in the west also wished to be married to the father of their children.

I am not so much a pro marriage person myself (even though I am married with 2 children), but I can guarantee you that a single mother will start loosing grip of their sons from around the age of 7. From around 8 years, most boys are basically out of control and there is nothing you can do to stop that. This is why alot of single mum start looking for the influence of a man to help tame the excess energy that comes with being a boy.

Why marriage is bad for men generally, it is the best way to have a sane society where both boys are girls are raised to be a more responsible members of society. It is more of a duty from a man and a woman and rather a place where they both come to actualise their fantasies.

Also remember that women control access to sex, while men control access to marriage and relationship. A man will not commit to a relationship if he doesn't see a benefit down the line because he is expected to be a wallet for his wife and children till he dies. Many man cannot fulfil the wallet part in the modern depressed economy while many are also not willing to live with modern women because of the effect of feminism and legal consequence of a divorce (mostly in the west). These are the main reason why single motherhood is rising especially in Africa where we do not have any welfare system for single mum. Men are just not committing to marriage when a women get pregnant for them and the people that suffers most are the children.

Your mother gave you the advice she did because she knows what she went through to raise you alone.

I agree smiley
Re: The Baby Mama Community; A New Reality Or Mere Influence? by Jesterinjay: 12:24pm On Dec 02, 2021
Datboredberry:
Remember, for every baby mama, there's a baby daddy... wink

Btw, marriage is over-rated... I want a kid with a really cool guy... But I got zero intention of getting married to him or her... undecided

It just seems lame and old school...

I've never liked the idea of pledging myself to some dude and girl... Since I was little... And I definitely don't want anyone committing his/herself to me... grin
are you bi Quit confusing me

(1) (2) (Reply)

How I Fell Into Temptation / Slay Queens Handcuffed After Man Who Brought Them To A Hotel Fled Without Paying / News For The Numerous Rapists On Nairaland (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.