Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,097 members, 7,890,620 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 05:03 PM

Osimhen Has Successful Surgery, Spalletti Reveals Return Date - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Osimhen Has Successful Surgery, Spalletti Reveals Return Date (737 Views)

Napolii's Victor Osimhen Has Been Named Serie A's U23 Player Of The Season / Kanu: Osimhen Has Potential To Win Next African Footballer Of The Year Award / Andre Gomes Discharged From Hospital After Successful Surgery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osimhen Has Successful Surgery, Spalletti Reveals Return Date by Nobody: 7:01pm On Nov 28, 2021
Napoli star Victor Osimhen underwent successful surgery today and Luciano Spalletti hopes to have him available for the match against Milan on December 19.

Osimhen was diagnosed with multiple displaced facial fractures after a clash of heads with Inter defender Milan Skriniar on Sunday.

According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, Osimhen had a successful surgery and he is expected to return to action in less than a month.

At least, that’s what Napoli coach Luciano Spalletti hopes. The Tuscan tactician delivered an injury update in an interview with Sky Sport Italia.

“I hope he will return against Milan, the doctors told me that the surgery won’t prevent him from being available in three or four games,” Spalletti said.

Napoli face Spartak Moscow in Europa League tomorrow and Spalletti must cope without Osimhen, Zambo Anguissa and Lorenzo Insigne, who hasn’t trained with the team due to knee problems.

Insigne out against Spartak Moscow with knee injury

“Everybody will have problems with injuries,” said Spalletti.

“Right now, it would have been good to have some more players, but the team’s depth is adequate. Ghoulam is coming back, Zanoli and Malcuit are improving, this is just a temporary situation.”

Spalletti spoke about the match with Spartak at a press conference.

“It’s going to be very difficult tomorrow. I’m familiar with the Russian league and I know what pitfalls await us, but we have the strength and the conviction to go there and play our football,” the coach said as quoted by Napoli’s official website.

“We have a great squad with strength in depth so we’re able to make up for any absences we might have. We’re going to Russia to win and book our place in the next round.”

The Azzurri return to action after collecting their first defeat in Serie A on Sunday. Spalletti’s men suffered a 3-2 loss against Inter at San Siro.

“The lads have responded well to our defeat in San Siro. They all looked really fired up in training yesterday. That’s the best message you can give as a team,” Spalletti ensured.

“There were lots of positives to take from our performance in Milan, not least our ability to fight back. We showed great character right to the very end.

“We’ve already picked ourselves up from that. We’ve done well so far this season and we want to keep doing well in Europe too.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/football-italia.net/osimhen-has-successful-surgery-spalletti-reveals-return-date/amp/
Re: Osimhen Has Successful Surgery, Spalletti Reveals Return Date by Nobody: 7:05pm On Nov 28, 2021
The bad belle people that said is 3month for him to recover they re now quiet I no longer watch the Napoli football matches because of his absent thank God he will be back before the Afcon.
Re: Osimhen Has Successful Surgery, Spalletti Reveals Return Date by Nobody: 8:39pm On Nov 28, 2021
Englandboy:
The bad belle people that said is 3month for him to recover they re now quiet I no longer watch the Napoli football matches because of his absent thank God he will be back before the Afcon.
Nah the Doctors talk am before.

I don't watch Napoli matches again too since he had an injury.

I only watch Seria A because of Osimehin.

1 Like

Re: Osimhen Has Successful Surgery, Spalletti Reveals Return Date by paulolee(m): 6:27am On Nov 29, 2021
congrats on his successful surgery....cnt wait to av him back..
Re: Osimhen Has Successful Surgery, Spalletti Reveals Return Date by paulolee(m): 6:33am On Nov 29, 2021
Englandboy:
u cnt blame d surgeon bcox generally doctors do fix dates according to the extent of the injury bt it still depends on d player recovery of healing rate..
young players do heal fast n players above their peak years would spend more time after dt fixed date to avoid relapse but it still depends on d type of injury n player involved...
assuming its ankle or knee, he CNT be rushed back BT since it's around his face. he can use a customized mask like cech n jimenez ar using....
for example haaland had a hip injury n ruled out till next year bt he came in as a sub. scored last weekend, he said he felt no pain n was angry for being told to rest.....he is young on fire

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Now I See The Reason Why FIFA Distance It Self From The Ballon D'or / Naija UNCLE Sacked From Man Utd - Old Trafford - Security Job Due To SLEEPING / Kano Pillars Relegated After NFF Rejects Appeal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.