Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,813 members, 7,889,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 05:43 PM

Bank Workers Help Us Steal Money From Customers’ Accounts, Hacker Reveals - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Bank Workers Help Us Steal Money From Customers’ Accounts, Hacker Reveals (550 Views)

They Scout For Obituaries Of Rich People To Steal Money In Their Bank Accounts / Suspected Serial Bank Accounts Hacker Arrested in Lagos (Photo) / Zenith Bank Worker Hacks Into Customers’ Accounts, Transfers N3m (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bank Workers Help Us Steal Money From Customers’ Accounts, Hacker Reveals by ahimedua: 11:43am On Nov 29, 2021
Habib Aliyu, a suspected hacker has confessed and revealed the mystery behind the easy hacking of people’s bank accounts through the stolen phones of such victims.

Habib Aliyu was arrested by operatives of the Lagos State Police Command when a gang of notorious armed robbers alleged that he was one of their frequent receivers of stolen goods. They alleged that Habib and several others still at large normally collect the SIM (Subscribers Identification Module) cards from them and withdraw money from the owner’s account.

He was tracked down and arrested in Mushin area of the state and he confessed to have used the SIM cards in those stolen phones to steal money from the accounts of the victims. He also revealed the roles played by some staff of five new generation banks whose responsibilities were to provide account numbers with money and codes.

In an exclusive interview with Saturday Sun, Habib Aliyu who is 29 years old, claimed that he was recruited by a syndicate made up of notorious armed robbers and phone hackers.

His words: “My name is Habib Aliyu and I am from Ogun State, I dropped out of school when my father died and there was no other way to survive. After spending so many years in the village with my mother, I was sent to go and learn plumbing work at Mushin area.

I had learnt the work and could fix a pipe without supervision, so my boss would send me alone to his customers.

“Two years ago, I was sent to a house in Mushin and when I got there, I met so many boys with computers. I knew that they are yahoo boys and they were discussing about SIM cards. I managed to join the conversation and was lamenting how I had suffered and would like to succeed in life. I was asked to join them but that I must join their cult group. I was desperate, so I joined them the Eiye fraternity. I was initiated that very day and asked to go home and come back the next day.

“I did not tell my boss what happened but lied that the people asked me to come back and check the pipe again. This was how I started learning the work.

“They have different groups and we call them squads. I am under Mushin, Ikorodu and Agege group. I can be drafted to work in any of these areas. Those whose job is to steal phones and bring the SIM card to us are called the strike squad.

“I belong to the cash squad. Our job is to use computer and withdraw money from that account. I learnt the job for one week before I was allowed to work independently. I told my boss and family that I got a cleaning job in that compound and they believed me.”

On how they withdraw money from people’s account, Habib alleged that they now rely on bankers to provide specific information for them.

“Every bank has its own USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) code already, we dial several codes on the stolen line and as soon as we get a response, we will know the bank. We will be able to know if the person uses birth date as pin. The BVN number can be gotten from any phone with ease.

“If it is so difficult, we will quickly call our contacts in the bank to provide...........https://sleekgist.com/bank-workers-help-us-steal-money-from-customers-accounts-hacker-reveals/

Re: Bank Workers Help Us Steal Money From Customers’ Accounts, Hacker Reveals by slimjohn2k5: 11:54am On Nov 29, 2021
We know
Re: Bank Workers Help Us Steal Money From Customers’ Accounts, Hacker Reveals by gambia(m): 1:08pm On Nov 29, 2021
Some Nigerians are just too wicked, imagine someone that was sent to learn hand work wants to get rich over night, the society has gone to the dogs indeed.
Re: Bank Workers Help Us Steal Money From Customers’ Accounts, Hacker Reveals by 687rhamat: 2:08pm On Nov 29, 2021
sad
Re: Bank Workers Help Us Steal Money From Customers’ Accounts, Hacker Reveals by Karlovych: 2:10pm On Nov 29, 2021
embarassed embarassed Unfortunately I don't feel sorry for you, you were a skilled plumber but chose to abandon it to chase fast money by defrauding people. If you hadn't been caught I'm sure you would graduated to become a foot soldier for a certain cocaine lover ahead of 2023, good riddance.

(1) (Reply)

How I Turn Children Into Yam - Man Arrested In Ibadan / Justice For Hanifa, A Beautiful Sun That Was Forced To Set In Daylight / Housewife Murdered By 18 Years Old Boy In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.