Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,609 members, 7,944,814 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 05:11 AM

A Word Of Advice To My Igbo And Yoruba Brothers Regarding Lagos And Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Word Of Advice To My Igbo And Yoruba Brothers Regarding Lagos And Tinubu (855 Views)

Open Letter To My Yoruba Brothers / Ambode And Tinubu Meet At Jim Ovia's 'Africa Rise And Shine' Book Launch / I Weep For My Yoruba Brothers, The Man Finally Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Word Of Advice To My Igbo And Yoruba Brothers Regarding Lagos And Tinubu by Yhungsarm(m): 2:47pm On Nov 29, 2021
This last few years have been tough for every Nigerian, irrespective of our race, gender or status. Many of us have found it hard to cope with the dying economy which as made living very hard for us.
The love and Care that existed between us as also died down due to bad Economy effect which as made us to encourage Tribalism. This days, i see comments about Yoruba abusing igbo and vice versa, Hausa abusing igbo and vice versa and i just feel heartbroken, where is our conscience as human being, something as to change we all have to checkmate ourselves.
I see comments about Yoruba hating Igbo on Lagos state issues and i can say it bodly we do not hate the Igbo as they believed, i even plan on marrying an IGBO girl or Calabar but the truth is my Igbo brothers are not helping this issue. You all have to stop saying Lagos is a no man's land, some people's forefathers fought for this land same way yours fought for Imo state, Just because it is free for all Nigerian does not mean it doesn't have history or Origin. Any true Lagosian whose forefather as a say on the Land gets furious when Igbo people say this word, so please lets stop the word, it is a full Yoruba land with Origin and history.
Another issue is the past elections, saying we betrayed you guys is absurd, we all made our choices, there is nothing like betrayal. My best friend(an Igbo man) said he will vote for Atiku and Peter Obi because he is an Igbo man and i voted for Buhari because Osibanjo is a Yoruba man so we all discriminated and made our choice there was no betrayal. my IGBO friends just felt betrayed because Buhari and Osibanjo won what if it was peter Obi that won. The essence of all this is just to show us that we all discriminated so there was no betrayals we chose the best option from our perspective( PDP presented a Fulani man and an IGBO man, APC presented a Fulani man and a Yoruba man).
Am pleading with all of us to vote with conscience, i don't think only Tinubu is the problem, we have many problem but at least let vote a good president first then we can address other things, Am noy saying Tinubu is a bad person oh, don't get it twisted, his record in Lagos is great and i like is vision for Lagos but personally i don't think i will vote for him cus right now i haven't seen my candidate yet but rest assured i will vote with my conscience intact i won't discriminate, the best candidate will get my vote irrespective of his tribe, religion or status which i want everyone of us to emulate.
My name is Olamilekan Samuel and i will be waiting for your comments and ur opinion in the comments section

3 Likes

Re: A Word Of Advice To My Igbo And Yoruba Brothers Regarding Lagos And Tinubu by Abdul05: 3:16pm On Nov 29, 2021
Correct..thank bro grin grin

2 Likes

Re: A Word Of Advice To My Igbo And Yoruba Brothers Regarding Lagos And Tinubu by Chimeluv(f): 3:23pm On Nov 29, 2021
Will they hear undecided?
Re: A Word Of Advice To My Igbo And Yoruba Brothers Regarding Lagos And Tinubu by Nobody: 3:32pm On Nov 29, 2021
Good talk

1 Like

Re: A Word Of Advice To My Igbo And Yoruba Brothers Regarding Lagos And Tinubu by Jnrprince1(m): 4:01pm On Nov 29, 2021
No body is perfect thou but Buhari is inhuman. I still gat the feelings for Osibanjo to be a great leader, but we the masses still need to learn alot.

1 Like

Re: A Word Of Advice To My Igbo And Yoruba Brothers Regarding Lagos And Tinubu by alanto: 4:07pm On Nov 29, 2021
I opened my first nairaland account in I think 2009 but I didn’t know how nairaland works then. I thought it was a dating site for Nigerians but over time I realized that’s not what it is.
I came back in 2013 created another account and everything was good. Then I started seeing post screaming Yorubas are cowards or Afonja and all those derogatory words, the most annoying part is the Lagos is a no man’s land mantra. Then there’s ‘we are buying up SW because they are lazy”. So many things that I couldn’t just keep calm. Well I did kept calm. one day I stumbled upon a post that was made in 2011. The Yoruba elders had gone to talk to Jonathan about marginalization. Darn. The insult was too much. I mean those were representatives of a whole tribe. Then comes the attack on Tinubu and how Yoruba betrayed Jonathan. It was all so much.
At first I thought those were northerners trying to divide the south so I just looked on but then I started reading other threads, about Ijaw, Hausa Fulani and other tribes. So much hate towards this people from the same people sending hates my way. Trust me it still didn’t matter much to me until I entered Uber after the endsars. We were heading to Ajah. The moment we approached Oriental the Uber driver that was an Igbo man (elderly man for that matter) started saying he wish they had burned down this hotel that belonged to Tinubu, he added “Tinubu Ole Oloriburuku” so I was like sir with all due respect what’s Tinubu’s crime (I was already learning on nairaland that the attack on Tinubu and his properties during the period were coordinated by igbos)
Well I mentioned okorocha, OUK and many politicians for that side. The man asked why am i mentioning leaders from the SE and I told him. Are they in anyway better than Tinubu why must Tinubu fall at all cost? He didn’t say nadir until we got to the house.
That was when it dawn on me that there’s a real hate against the Yoruba people by the Igbos. And they are all in on it.
Well we are here now and I don’t feel good insulting them but as long as they remain hateful. I don’t know man.
Also I was trying to buy egusi from this woman who told me derica was #800 I was like mama that one much o. And she replied “is it not your people that vote (sic) A Fulani man? I told her but you voted Atiku she tried to convince me that Atiku was better so I just commot for her front.
You will find out that Yoruba hardly tell their children not to marry from one place of the other but the igbos may beat their kids to death if they see them with Yoruba lasan. Now you are in Yoruba man’s land doing business and living without hassle. Why coming to the same people you hate so much?
Well I have no reason to hate on anyone. If they change their ways. It will be fine. Though a lot of damages has been done already. There’s going to be even more damages if they don’t change their approach to national issues and especially the issue of Yorubas.

2 Likes

Re: A Word Of Advice To My Igbo And Yoruba Brothers Regarding Lagos And Tinubu by Ulunne777(f): 4:12pm On Nov 29, 2021
Akuruo ulo amara onyr kpatara ya.
O biara ije new ULA.

1 Like

Re: A Word Of Advice To My Igbo And Yoruba Brothers Regarding Lagos And Tinubu by gawu1: 4:25pm On Nov 29, 2021
Jnrprince1:
No body is perfect thou but Buhari is inhuman. I still gat the feelings for Osibanjo to be a great leader, but we the masses still need to learn alot.
you just expressed what exactly the op elucidate.
According to you, Buhari should be seen as the devil while osibanjo is the righteous one. Right!
I guess you can't believe if someone tells you that osibanjo is the master planner of the evil Buhari government.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Word Of Advice To My Igbo And Yoruba Brothers Regarding Lagos And Tinubu by hollah123: 4:30pm On Nov 29, 2021
Ok God bless u for this analysis.

I don't see betrayal in anything, everyone voted their preferences.

The question we should ask them are

Buhari and atiku are fulani,igbo n Yoruba voted fulani n 1 of them won,had it been atiku won will it b wise to call igbos betrayals?

It's just like someone support Chelsea n another support man utd,2 English club n the loser start shouting betrayal.

We all should learn to take things with act of sportsmanship in every game there must definitely b a winner n a loser

1 Like

Re: A Word Of Advice To My Igbo And Yoruba Brothers Regarding Lagos And Tinubu by hollah123: 4:40pm On Nov 29, 2021
gawu1:

you just expressed what exactly the op elucidate.
According to you, Buhari should be seen as the devil while osibanjo is the righteous one. Right!
I guess you can't believe if someone tells you that osibanjo is the master planner of the evil Buhari government.
what I want to let u know is that there are administrative boundaries in every position n according to d laws of power u don't outshine your master,a deputy is just there to fulfill administrative purpose n not to make strong decisions.

If u ask me I will give credit to osinbajo cos the first n last time power was handed to him when buhari travelled I believe u saw d difference n since then buhari didn't try it again.

Can u compare d role osinbajo is playing in this government to what namadi sambo played as Jonathan's deputy.
Many don't even know him,I don't even think i know much about him aside d smiling face when there's a function to attend

1 Like

Re: A Word Of Advice To My Igbo And Yoruba Brothers Regarding Lagos And Tinubu by YorubaNiBaba(m): 5:14pm On Nov 29, 2021
Op take note of this;
Unity between yoruba and ibo will never happen, not in this life and even next life
Re: A Word Of Advice To My Igbo And Yoruba Brothers Regarding Lagos And Tinubu by alanto: 5:33pm On Nov 29, 2021
YorubaNiBaba:
Op take note of this;
Unity between yoruba and ibo will never happen, not in this life and even next life
Well if they renounce hate but I know what you mean is they can stop hating so……
Re: A Word Of Advice To My Igbo And Yoruba Brothers Regarding Lagos And Tinubu by Sergio101(m): 5:38pm On Nov 29, 2021
alanto:
I opened my first nairaland account in I think 2009 but I didn’t know how nairaland works then. I thought it was a dating site for Nigerians but over time I realized that’s not what it is.
I came back in 2013 created another account and everything was good. Then I started seeing post screaming Yorubas are cowards or Afonja and all those derogatory words, the most annoying part is the Lagos is a no man’s land mantra. Then there’s ‘we are buying up SW because they are lazy”. So many things that I couldn’t just keep calm. Well I did kept calm. one day I stumbled upon a post that was made in 2011. The Yoruba elders had gone to talk to Jonathan about marginalization. Darn. The insult was too much. I mean those were representatives of a whole tribe. Then comes the attack on Tinubu and how Yoruba betrayed Jonathan. It was all so much.
At first I thought those were northerners trying to divide the south so I just looked on but then I started reading other threads, about Ijaw, Hausa Fulani and other tribes. So much hate towards this people from the same people sending hates my way. Trust me it still didn’t matter much to me until I entered Uber after the endsars. We were heading to Ajah. The moment we approached Oriental the Uber driver that was an Igbo man (elderly man for that matter) started saying he wish they had burned down this hotel that belonged to Tinubu, he added “Tinubu Ole Oloriburuku” so I was like sir with all due respect what’s Tinubu’s crime (I was already learning on nairaland that the attack on Tinubu and his properties during the period were coordinated by igbos)
Well I mentioned okorocha, OUK and many politicians for that side. The man asked why am i mentioning leaders from the SE and I told him. Are they in anyway better than Tinubu why must Tinubu fall at all cost? He didn’t say nadir until we got to the house.
That was when it dawn on me that there’s a real hate against the Yoruba people by the Igbos. And they are all in on it.
Well we are here now and I don’t feel good insulting them but as long as they remain hateful. I don’t know man.
Also I was trying to buy egusi from this woman who told me derica was #800 I was like mama that one much o. And she replied “is it not your people that vote (sic) A Fulani man? I told her but you voted Atiku she tried to convince me that Atiku was better so I just commot for her front.
You will find out that Yoruba hardly tell their children not to marry from one place of the other but the igbos may beat their kids to death if they see them with Yoruba lasan. Now you are in Yoruba man’s land doing business and living without hassle. Why coming to the same people you hate so much?
Well I have no reason to hate on anyone. If they change their ways. It will be fine. Though a lot of damages has been done already. There’s going to be even more damages if they don’t change their approach to national issues and especially the issue of Yorubas.

Mr Man...... Lagos is a no man's land.
That's for sure.

Even if secession happens today, every individual emerging nation will share the investment and capital in Lagos in a correct proportion with the Igbos having the largest because they invested More.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Word Of Advice To My Igbo And Yoruba Brothers Regarding Lagos And Tinubu by Tinubuadvocate: 6:09pm On Nov 29, 2021
Any Yoruba man or woman take igbo as a friend I pity you. This people were filled up with hate and envy.
Re: A Word Of Advice To My Igbo And Yoruba Brothers Regarding Lagos And Tinubu by Dapson73(m): 6:10pm On Nov 29, 2021
Sergio101:

That's for sure.

Even if secession happens today, every individual emerging nation will share the investment and capital in Lagos in a correct proportion with the Igbos having the largest because they invested More.

You must be hallucinating . It's that time you will see the wonder if Amotekun.
Re: A Word Of Advice To My Igbo And Yoruba Brothers Regarding Lagos And Tinubu by Sergio101(m): 6:17pm On Nov 29, 2021
Dapson73:

You must be hallucinating . It's that time you will see the wonder if Amotekun.

Timorous beings are bringing mouth to igbos ohh grin

We awaits that time
Re: A Word Of Advice To My Igbo And Yoruba Brothers Regarding Lagos And Tinubu by Yhungsarm(m): 6:30pm On Nov 29, 2021
Sergio101:

That's for sure.

We have to distance ourself from this type of person, bcus it seems they don't want to move forward, so you mean if secession happens Abuja will also be shared☺

1 Like

Re: A Word Of Advice To My Igbo And Yoruba Brothers Regarding Lagos And Tinubu by Yhungsarm(m): 6:34pm On Nov 29, 2021
alanto:
You made a very good point, they have to stop unnecessary hate for both of us to move forward.
We are close to each other but still far apart based on hate, lets embrace each other. No be Yoruba better pass Igbo and Vice verse, we all have up and down but we have to practice one love so we can cover each other flaws
Re: A Word Of Advice To My Igbo And Yoruba Brothers Regarding Lagos And Tinubu by alanto: 6:42pm On Nov 29, 2021
Sergio101:

That's for sure.

Lol 20 pounds comes to mind.
Re: A Word Of Advice To My Igbo And Yoruba Brothers Regarding Lagos And Tinubu by alanto: 6:43pm On Nov 29, 2021
Yhungsarm:

We have to distance ourself from this type of person, bcus it seems they don't want to move forward, so you mean if secession happens Abuja will also be shared☺
20 pounds come to mind

(1) (Reply)

Is Umar Farouq Really Pregnant? / Disclaimer! Please be Guided The On Instagram & Twitter Is Not Me / Rita Edochie: Free Nnamdi Kanu So That Nigeria Will Be Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.