Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,845 members, 7,902,680 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 02:20 PM

Jack Dorsey Resigns From Twitter - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Jack Dorsey Resigns From Twitter (35711 Views)

Former Twitter CEO, Jack Dorsey, Launches New Social Media Platform / Inside Jack Dorsey’s Btrust Members’ Plan To Facilitate Financial Freedom / Jack Dorsey Attempts To Buy Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jack Dorsey Resigns From Twitter by juwoonn(m): 5:28pm On Nov 29, 2021
Oyinbo nor get problem. If na black man now.. na dia he go die.

1 Like

Re: Jack Dorsey Resigns From Twitter by Ejiakusmith(m): 5:29pm On Nov 29, 2021
lalasticlala , seun and mindy44 which of them will willingly resigned for another ??

Buhari duped we Nigerian ,,, no plans & objective he had for this Nation

1 Like

Re: Jack Dorsey Resigns From Twitter by TheWolfen(m): 5:30pm On Nov 29, 2021
How many investors nairaland get? grin
Nairaland need big money bags to help build and improve this platform

lambsbread:
When will seun resign from Nairaland?

1 Like

Re: Jack Dorsey Resigns From Twitter by leye4u: 5:30pm On Nov 29, 2021
FunkyAlhaji2015:
I believe this has a lot to do with the Nigeria twitter ban. Twitter stocks really plummeted from the ban. PMB is big grin grin

When you're big, you're big abeg.

President of Africa.

Nnamdi Kanu slayer
Hmmm.....
Product of Almajiri nursery and primary school

5 Likes

Re: Jack Dorsey Resigns From Twitter by christistruth01: 5:31pm On Nov 29, 2021
Orpe7:
LAI MOHAMMED don show am pepper

Oga Lai and Nigerians Knocked him and Twitter Out

And hIs Twitter Career into retirement

Big Tech will be very weary of messing with

Nigerians next

Lekkilies bites the dust

5 Likes

Re: Jack Dorsey Resigns From Twitter by money121(m): 5:32pm On Nov 29, 2021
udemzyudex:

He fit say na cos of the ban make am step down. grin
My brother just dey look
Re: Jack Dorsey Resigns From Twitter by TeeGentle(m): 5:33pm On Nov 29, 2021
I HAVE NEVER SEEN A NIGERIA POLITICIAN THAT HAS RESIGN BEFORE

1 Like

Re: Jack Dorsey Resigns From Twitter by InoGetJoy: 5:42pm On Nov 29, 2021
FunkyAlhaji2015:
I believe this has a lot to do with the Nigeria twitter ban. Twitter stocks really plummeted from the ban. PMB is big grin grin

President of Africa.

Nnamdi Kanu slayer
Guy you're embarrassing yourself

3 Likes

Re: Jack Dorsey Resigns From Twitter by Racers(m): 5:43pm On Nov 29, 2021
That's great news, a new face is needed right now
Re: Jack Dorsey Resigns From Twitter by TooMuchStuff: 5:46pm On Nov 29, 2021
money121:
Expect update from oga Lai muhammed grin grin
U really sabi wetin dey happen naa
Re: Jack Dorsey Resigns From Twitter by InvertedHammer: 5:53pm On Nov 29, 2021
/

Do these 10ft x 10ft 1-shop CEOs in Nigeria know that a CEO can resign?

/

1 Like

Re: Jack Dorsey Resigns From Twitter by emmnprince(m): 5:54pm On Nov 29, 2021
lambsbread:
When will seun resign from Nairaland?

Africa mentality is that you must stay there until either sickness incapacitate you or death take you out of the way for a family member to take over. Na even your family members go full board of directors and making critical decision since e don be family business. Abi!

2 Likes

Re: Jack Dorsey Resigns From Twitter by emmnprince(m): 5:55pm On Nov 29, 2021
FunkyAlhaji2015:

President of Africa.

Nnamdi Kanu slayer

I laugh at your ignorance.
Re: Jack Dorsey Resigns From Twitter by rondef(m): 5:58pm On Nov 29, 2021
Re: Jack Dorsey Resigns From Twitter by suffering: 6:01pm On Nov 29, 2021
If I hear say Seun step down from CEO of Nairaland. Africans are different. To hand over company to offspring dey hard them talk less of giving it off to shareholders. What I won’t give to retire at forty-five. However the body will still have energy so I will find something to engage it with.
Re: Jack Dorsey Resigns From Twitter by 77up(m): 6:02pm On Nov 29, 2021
I'm taking over, e ma foor wink
Re: Jack Dorsey Resigns From Twitter by Shezzman: 6:02pm On Nov 29, 2021
Point of correction.. "Some"
nlismyhome:
Wetin concern oyinbo with holding on to power or position
Re: Jack Dorsey Resigns From Twitter by iCauseTrouble: 6:14pm On Nov 29, 2021
Can Seun too do the same and let me take over?
Re: Jack Dorsey Resigns From Twitter by Kobicove(m): 6:16pm On Nov 29, 2021
Soldier go soldier come, barracks still remain grin
Re: Jack Dorsey Resigns From Twitter by Zztt: 6:23pm On Nov 29, 2021
Oh
Re: Jack Dorsey Resigns From Twitter by ayenale1(m): 6:25pm On Nov 29, 2021
Uncle Lai will drink beer tonight
Re: Jack Dorsey Resigns From Twitter by Omoluabiii(m): 6:27pm On Nov 29, 2021
Twitter agreed to Nigeria terms,
the ceo was against the idea, but other board member agreed, so he decided to step down.
Man of integrity.
If twitter start its operation back in Nigeria, Use it at your own risk.
Re: Jack Dorsey Resigns From Twitter by sisisioge: 6:34pm On Nov 29, 2021
Good move....owners managed companies will always have a limitation- emotional management. It happens all the time. Good call papi.
Re: Jack Dorsey Resigns From Twitter by Princedapace(m): 6:35pm On Nov 29, 2021
FunkyAlhaji2015:
I believe this has a lot to do with the Nigeria twitter ban. Twitter's stock really plummeted from the ban. PMB is big grin grin

The President of Africa.

The Nnamdi Kanu's slayer. cheesy

Guy, u mumu o. China that is rich, Google doesnt work there and google is not worried, na Nigeria wey poor u dey yan about. Oga, sit down, even SA has more purchasing power than Nigeria. This has nothing to do with Nigeria abeg. There is been long politics of how he should be heading two public companies. Some wanted him out since.

2 Likes

Re: Jack Dorsey Resigns From Twitter by descarado: 6:36pm On Nov 29, 2021
Hmm.
His role on 2020 election might be revisited.

Have the left abandoned him after using him?
Re: Jack Dorsey Resigns From Twitter by Maximar: 6:43pm On Nov 29, 2021
FunkyAlhaji2015:
I believe this has a lot to do with the Nigeria twitter ban. Twitter's stock really plummeted from the ban. PMB is big grin grin

The President of Africa.

The Nnamdi Kanu's slayer. cheesy

Ohh Really??!!

You need to watch the series Silicon Valley and understand how most of these tech companies are setup and the politics played in the boardroom to understand why Jack is being booted out.
Re: Jack Dorsey Resigns From Twitter by FreeStuffsNG: 6:58pm On Nov 29, 2021
I remember telling folks here that Twitter was a loss making company and his tactless way of leaving Twitter Nigeria in the hands of the IPOB terrorists was costly enough to cost him his job. Nigeria was a cashcow and he could have monitored those he left to manage it.
Till date, I still don't know who it was that made Twitter leave the threat by the IPOB terrorists leader to kill our armed forces personnel for days after deleting the post of PMB they considered as inappropriate.
He was completely ignorant of the true events in Nigeria and it's over 1 year now, we are still looking for the true victims of Lekkilies yet his platform was used to spread the fake lies the IPOB terrorists hid behind to burn down Lagos on the instruction of their leader in a viral audio. It took a free tweet that took less than 2 minutes to write and send to bring down a multibillion dollar company: in life it takes extreme hardwork to build but to destroy takes few minutes.

I hope he will learn to carefully select personnel he will leave his business with in strategic places like Nigeria.
It's the ban in Nigeria that brought Twitter down and with it went Jack. The investors could no longer continue with the slow growth in profitability amidst growing competition and nationalism.

3 Likes

Re: Jack Dorsey Resigns From Twitter by FunkyAlhaji2015: 7:02pm On Nov 29, 2021
Princedapace:

Guy, u mumu o. China that is rich, Google doesnt work there and google is not worried, na Nigeria wey poor u dey yan about. Oga, sit down, even SA has more purchasing power than Nigeria. This has nothing to do with Nigeria abeg. There is been long politics of how he should be heading two public companies. Some wanted him out since.

Nigeria has 42 million active twitter users, South Africa's entire population is 59 million, so what purchasing power are talking about. Nigeria has the largest market in Africa for everything product. Nigeria has more twitter users than almost every country in Europe. This is why twitter is begging the FG to reopen it's space.

Even Nnamdi Kanu your supreme leader can testify to Nigeria's super powers. The way he is captured and caged like a rat.

2 Likes

Re: Jack Dorsey Resigns From Twitter by Nobody: 7:07pm On Nov 29, 2021
revived:
Okay
I think because many countries are after Twitter , Many leaders are seeing Twitter as a THREAT to Thier Nations and also Twitter's Interference in National issues grin

1 Like

Re: Jack Dorsey Resigns From Twitter by Princedapace(m): 7:10pm On Nov 29, 2021
FunkyAlhaji2015:

Nigeria has 42 million active twitter users, South Africa's entire population is 59 million, so what purchasing power are talking about. Nigeria has the largest market in Africa for everything product. Nigeria has more twitter users than almost every country in Europe. This is why twitter is begging the FG to reopen it's space.

Even Nnamdi Kanu your supreme leader can testify to Nigeria's super powers. The way he is captured and caged like a rat.

oga, it is not about active users and population o. It is not about largest market. Oga, it is purchasing power. Nigeria has population, yes, but our purchasing power is low. Nigeria has more population than Sweden but Sweden has more purchasing power than Nigeria.. In terms of purchasing power, some african countries are way ahead. Purchasing power is the ability to spend, sir.

2 Likes

Re: Jack Dorsey Resigns From Twitter by licvil(m): 7:23pm On Nov 29, 2021
LibertyRep:
That you founded a company doesn't make you the eternal CEO. Major Shareholders determine who gets what

Serious background politics going on there.

However, hope some people won't add this to their phantom achievement

Only few people go understand this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mysterious Fireball Spotted In Sky Across Metro Detroit USA ( Pics, Video) / Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? / Nigerian Man Constructs A Transformer In Aba, Abia State (Photos, Video)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.