Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,904 members, 7,902,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 07:25 PM

Ex-Convict, Oluwatobi Ajayi, Bags Fresh 28-Year Jail Term For Cyber Fraud - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-Convict, Oluwatobi Ajayi, Bags Fresh 28-Year Jail Term For Cyber Fraud (33498 Views)

NDLEA Arrests Rome-bound Trafficker, Ex-convict, Intercepts Guns, Cartridges / Franklin Uzo lgbonwa: Buhari Names Ex-Convict As Job Creation Committee Chairman / Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex-Convict, Oluwatobi Ajayi, Bags Fresh 28-Year Jail Term For Cyber Fraud by winner37(m): 2:43pm On Nov 30, 2021
28 +29 =
The jail years is almost to tally with his age which means this equation is equilibrium....
Re: Ex-Convict, Oluwatobi Ajayi, Bags Fresh 28-Year Jail Term For Cyber Fraud by esnbrutality: 2:51pm On Nov 30, 2021
What about Police that kills and steals from you on a daily basis??...Its is people like you that are against the end sars report....what a country ...Just look at you claiming "Holiness"...spits!!

abbey621:

Next time armed robbers visit you make sure to welcome them with a smile, afterall no be only them dey steal, politicians dey steal too so they are just a result of a failed system...SPITS!
Re: Ex-Convict, Oluwatobi Ajayi, Bags Fresh 28-Year Jail Term For Cyber Fraud by esnbrutality: 2:53pm On Nov 30, 2021
Have you watched "Yusuf Buhari/Aisah Buhari"...Tinubu or even osibanjo and his daughter that bought a house for almost 4billion in Abuja, for her useless clothing nonsense??...I hate pretensions and sanctimonious miscreants...free me abeg..being foolish is your right dont infect or bore me with it...spits!!

duro4chang:
We are watching you. There must be many skeletons in your cupboard.
Re: Ex-Convict, Oluwatobi Ajayi, Bags Fresh 28-Year Jail Term For Cyber Fraud by Karemarealty288(m): 2:55pm On Nov 30, 2021
Probably the first sentence was with an option of fine not more than N200k and he messed it up....that option of fine for cyber fraud makes it more of a joke in Nigeria...
Re: Ex-Convict, Oluwatobi Ajayi, Bags Fresh 28-Year Jail Term For Cyber Fraud by abbey621(m): 2:59pm On Nov 30, 2021
esnbrutality:
What about Police that kills and steals from you on a daily basis??...Its is people like you that are against the end sars report....what a country ...Just look at you claiming "Holiness"...spits!!

You obviously don't know the difference between holiness and empathy. Your fixation is on the perp rather than focusing on the victims and their suffering. You're a typical Nigerian, e no concern you unless it happens to you or someone very close to you....Yet you wonder why politicians, police and others maltreat you grin grin grin
Re: Ex-Convict, Oluwatobi Ajayi, Bags Fresh 28-Year Jail Term For Cyber Fraud by EndBuhariNow(m): 3:02pm On Nov 30, 2021
Fraudulent Afonja grin
Re: Ex-Convict, Oluwatobi Ajayi, Bags Fresh 28-Year Jail Term For Cyber Fraud by rollandben(m): 3:09pm On Nov 30, 2021
Hmm....Nigeria!!
Its very easy and fast to sentence any poor man caught committed an of fence but hardly you see any big man children punished or sentenced on the same of fence!!
What an irony of life!!
Re: Ex-Convict, Oluwatobi Ajayi, Bags Fresh 28-Year Jail Term For Cyber Fraud by esnbrutality: 3:09pm On Nov 30, 2021
You support Tinubu and Buhari...with a host of other thieving politicians...who steal your common wealth and make you a proud pauper. No-wonder, you are in deep shiit but your problem...is why a yahoo boy is advertised by a useless organisation that cant probe

why your refineries arent working
why your roads are bad
why your hospitals are useless

Its a shame speaking to you miscreants ..Gosh!!

generalwo:
.... I for no reply you how I wish I know say na mumu u be.... Na wetin you talk make me even react.... U no dey support fraudsters but you say make them release fraudster..... Why contradicting yourself If you don't support fraud, then allow him serve time for his crimes.... No dey talk from the 2 sides of your mouth..... All fraudsters should rot in hell.. Same place as all corrupt politicians..... And the likes of una wen dey solicit for holy treatment for fraudsters
Re: Ex-Convict, Oluwatobi Ajayi, Bags Fresh 28-Year Jail Term For Cyber Fraud by baumolina(m): 3:19pm On Nov 30, 2021
The guy forgot something in the prison,so he had to forcefully find his way in again angry
Loreettaa:
Most prisoners end up as repeat offenders. From one jail term to another. Really sad.
Re: Ex-Convict, Oluwatobi Ajayi, Bags Fresh 28-Year Jail Term For Cyber Fraud by God2man2again(m): 3:26pm On Nov 30, 2021
Wrong justification for stealing is to steal when everybody is doing it.

We may as well become like a country, name withheld, that everyone is looting shops and standard markets in the name of everyone is doing it.(Politicians,Police and so on)

The national item in hell fire is everyone is doing it.

However, in every criminal, there is a hero, why not put him a correctional centre, his brain will be useless in the prison, the government can utilize his brain for the benefit of humanity.
Re: Ex-Convict, Oluwatobi Ajayi, Bags Fresh 28-Year Jail Term For Cyber Fraud by Rosement(f): 3:26pm On Nov 30, 2021
davodyguy:
Good for him.

From my tribe, but we don't support criminals.

Jail him and throw the keys away
It is not a tribal thing. In the world generally, it is normal for lawbreakers to be punished.
Re: Ex-Convict, Oluwatobi Ajayi, Bags Fresh 28-Year Jail Term For Cyber Fraud by Talawaka: 3:29pm On Nov 30, 2021
oshozondii:

https://www.facebook.com/100064596373289/posts/265622345600976/

He will out by his 36th birthday. cheesy

The judge pronounced Joshua guilty of the four counts and sentenced him to seven years imprisonment on each count, to run concurrently. The court also ordered the convict to restitute his victims.

Source: https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2021/11/30/ex-convict-oluwatobi-to-rot-in-jail-28-years-for-cyber-fraud/
Re: Ex-Convict, Oluwatobi Ajayi, Bags Fresh 28-Year Jail Term For Cyber Fraud by MOTOPARK: 3:31pm On Nov 30, 2021
oilyngbati:
This type of crime (cyber crime) is better than selling nkpuru nmiri (drugs) that destroys lives and generation by the Ipob terrorists.
who do you this thing?SMH
Re: Ex-Convict, Oluwatobi Ajayi, Bags Fresh 28-Year Jail Term For Cyber Fraud by LegalWolf: 3:39pm On Nov 30, 2021
Re: Ex-Convict, Oluwatobi Ajayi, Bags Fresh 28-Year Jail Term For Cyber Fraud by ledaman: 3:43pm On Nov 30, 2021
Dapson73:
I hardly see Efcc arrest Northern guys unlike the way they torment Southern guys.
Because the Northern guys are not stupid like the southern guys!
Re: Ex-Convict, Oluwatobi Ajayi, Bags Fresh 28-Year Jail Term For Cyber Fraud by esnbrutality: 3:44pm On Nov 30, 2021
So because the young man was "pictured" and exposed..it will serve as a deterrent to others abi?

I ask you a question...AMOSUN was A Governor ..he failed and now he is a Senator..and he is failing as expected, but people like you honor him constantly...why??

Shame him as you want to salivate over the boy that did yahoo...i am not supporting his actions....but the issue with the boy is trivial compared to the humongous stealing by the leaders you foolishly vote into power...so save your useless sermons

abbey621:

You obviously don't know the difference between holiness and empathy. Your fixation is on the perp rather than focusing on the victims and their suffering. You're a typical Nigerian, e no concern you unless it happens to you or someone very close to you....Yet you wonder why politicians, police and others maltreat you grin grin grin
Re: Ex-Convict, Oluwatobi Ajayi, Bags Fresh 28-Year Jail Term For Cyber Fraud by davodyguy: 3:50pm On Nov 30, 2021
Rosement:

It is not a tribal thing. In the world generally, it is normal for lawbreakers to be punished.

Some people love to justify crime by saying what about Tinubu, what about Obasanjo?

Instead of them to condemn all criminals, they hail some and recommend the arrest of others
Re: Ex-Convict, Oluwatobi Ajayi, Bags Fresh 28-Year Jail Term For Cyber Fraud by MufasaLion: 3:56pm On Nov 30, 2021
Freedom is highly underrated!
Re: Ex-Convict, Oluwatobi Ajayi, Bags Fresh 28-Year Jail Term For Cyber Fraud by walefresh3(m): 4:08pm On Nov 30, 2021
esnbrutality:
Free the Guy abeg...Advertising Youths where as their useless political leaders walk free....

I am not a bigot nor a supporter of fraudsters, but i hate Nonsense...

Even Though na "Coneheaded" yaribaa youth...Spits!!
u be fraudster ? Why are u supporting evil ? Yeye boy... Efcc dey monitor with dis ur statement
Re: Ex-Convict, Oluwatobi Ajayi, Bags Fresh 28-Year Jail Term For Cyber Fraud by esnbrutality: 4:13pm On Nov 30, 2021
But Tinubu and Ganduje...na Saints abi??...Why EfCC no dey monitor Kwankwaso,Tinubu etc...na immunity cover them??

gerra outta here ...always claiming holy ..but foolishly worshipping polithiefians that make your life miserable...spits!!

walefresh3:
u be fraudster ? Why are u supporting evil ? Yeye boy... Efcc dey monitor with dis ur statement
Re: Ex-Convict, Oluwatobi Ajayi, Bags Fresh 28-Year Jail Term For Cyber Fraud by generalwo(m): 4:36pm On Nov 30, 2021
esnbrutality:
You support Tinubu and Buhari...with a host of other thieving politicians...who steal your common wealth and make you a proud pauper. No-wonder, you are in deep shiit but your problem...is why a yahoo boy is advertised by a useless organisation that cant probe

why your refineries arent working
why your roads are bad
why your hospitals are useless

Its a shame speaking to you miscreants ..Gosh!!

.... The same devil wen go punish our corrupt leaders, na im go punish yahoo boys and also punish you wen dey support yahoo Boys, not leaving behind the teacher wen no fit teach you simple English.... U say u no dey support yahoo Boys but make them no arrest them....... You for go meet efcc make them release them to you.... No come nairaland dey lament but no forget say, as u dey support them, na the same road wen dem dey pass last last u go pass..... As well as the corrupt government wen we get
Re: Ex-Convict, Oluwatobi Ajayi, Bags Fresh 28-Year Jail Term For Cyber Fraud by ablejesus26(m): 4:45pm On Nov 30, 2021
esnbrutality:
See muguu wey dey form reverse physcology...

Taaa gbafuo hia!!....Kitikpa gbukwa ndi be gi...ezi ohia...anu mpama....spits!!

I just greeted you in swahili abi?? Get outta hia ..bleeping, head slamming, almajiri miscreant...spits!

Mechie onu iberibe.
Ya fugbuo gi ebe ahu onye oshi�
Odika ka onwu gburu nna gi choro I gbu gi�
Continue to thief
Very soon na petrol,tyre,and matches go end your matter
so your matter go become like father like son��
Bloody thief from futa-djalon wey dey bend down piss ��

Re: Ex-Convict, Oluwatobi Ajayi, Bags Fresh 28-Year Jail Term For Cyber Fraud by esnbrutality: 4:45pm On Nov 30, 2021
mtcheeeew...after i don reset your brain ..you decided to see what i meant...guy free me abeg..Tinubu and osibanjo na SAINT

generalwo:
.... The same devil wen go punish our corrupt leaders, na im go punish yahoo boys and also punish you wen dey support yahoo Boys, not leaving behind the teacher wen no fit teach you simple English.... U say u no dey support yahoo Boys but make them no arrest them....... You for go meet efcc make them release them to you.... No come nairaland dey lament but no forget say, as u dey support them, na the same road wen dem dey pass last last u go pass..... As well as the corrupt government wen we get
Re: Ex-Convict, Oluwatobi Ajayi, Bags Fresh 28-Year Jail Term For Cyber Fraud by maiquel: 4:50pm On Nov 30, 2021
AsomArchitectNG:
While others are bagging academic degrees, endorsement deals, life changing contracts, this one is here bagging jail term

All bag na bag
Re: Ex-Convict, Oluwatobi Ajayi, Bags Fresh 28-Year Jail Term For Cyber Fraud by Breastfeed: 5:17pm On Nov 30, 2021
Na wa o, e be like sey this guy like prison sha
Re: Ex-Convict, Oluwatobi Ajayi, Bags Fresh 28-Year Jail Term For Cyber Fraud by pyro10(m): 5:19pm On Nov 30, 2021
wtf man....
Re: Ex-Convict, Oluwatobi Ajayi, Bags Fresh 28-Year Jail Term For Cyber Fraud by generalwo(m): 6:30pm On Nov 30, 2021
esnbrutality:
mtcheeeew...after i don reset your brain ..you decided to see what i meant...guy free me abeg..Tinubu and osibanjo na SAINT

.... U only ended up disgracing your ancestors.... Odeh..... U no dey support fraud but you no want make them arrest and jail criminals.... Ewu
Re: Ex-Convict, Oluwatobi Ajayi, Bags Fresh 28-Year Jail Term For Cyber Fraud by abbey621(m): 7:29pm On Nov 30, 2021
esnbrutality:
So because the young man was "pictured" and exposed..it will serve as a deterrent to others abi?

I ask you a question...AMOSUN was A Governor ..he failed and now he is a Senator..and he is failing as expected, but people like you honor him constantly...why??

Shame him as you want to salivate over the boy that did yahoo...i am not supporting his actions....but the issue with the boy is trivial compared to the humongous stealing by the leaders you foolishly vote into power...so save your useless sermons

Yes there are bigger problems to worry about, yes we voted for bad people, so let us all keep shut and watch as bad things continue to happen. If bad thing happens to you or your family, let us keep shut because afterall bad things dey happen all the time, if politician stole and we no talk, make we no talk when armed robbers corner you for night. Ogbeni, why don't you post your account number and ATM pin or better yet put your life savings on the street and tell thieves that food is ready.....didirin grin grin grin
Re: Ex-Convict, Oluwatobi Ajayi, Bags Fresh 28-Year Jail Term For Cyber Fraud by esnbrutality: 8:37pm On Nov 30, 2021
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy...Brain is far from you ..like the EARTH IS FAR FROM JUPITER. See your reasoning, no wonder you are saddled with useless leaders....Spits

generalwo:
.... U only ended up disgracing your ancestors.... Odeh..... U no dey support fraud but you no want make them arrest and jail criminals.... Ewu
Re: Ex-Convict, Oluwatobi Ajayi, Bags Fresh 28-Year Jail Term For Cyber Fraud by esnbrutality: 8:48pm On Nov 30, 2021
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy...TRY HARDER MUGUU...it cant stand....piss on your black forehead...smash it on the ground facing medina...i dont give 2 fvks....spits!!

ablejesus26:

Mechie onu iberibe.
Ya fugbuo gi ebe ahu onye oshi�
Odika ka onwu gburu nna gi choro I gbu gi�
Continue to thief
Very soon na petrol,tyre,and matches go end your matter
so your matter go become like father like son��
Bloody thief from futa-djalon wey dey bend down piss ��
Re: Ex-Convict, Oluwatobi Ajayi, Bags Fresh 28-Year Jail Term For Cyber Fraud by Poleski: 9:00pm On Nov 30, 2021
abbey621:

If you have a credible case with proper evidence against a politician then you can take him or her to court otherwise the law does not recognize sentiments. This case has proper evidence and the judge must sentence according to established guidelines abi you no see say na repeat offender?

As I stated earlier, 28 yrs., whether you agree or not, is too harsh even for a repeat offender. Nigerian judiciary jail poor people harshly, it's a fact!

Let me give you just few examples;

Lucky Igbenedion, was a former governor of Edo state and the first Nigerian ex-governor to be convicted of looting public funds. The EFCC charged him with 142 counts of corruption amounting to $24 million (£12m) using front companies. Lucky entered a plea bargain with the commission in 2008 and refunded a fraction of the amount he was said to have embezzled – and went home.

Late Diepreye Alamieyeseigha, was an ex-governor of Bayelsa state. He was sentenced to two years in jail in 2007 on charges of corruption and money laundering. He served just days of his sentence after spending nearly two years in detention awaiting trial. Alamieyeseigha was originally arrested in London in 2005, but he skipped bail and escaped back to Nigeria dressed as a woman. He was later impeached on the charges at home and authorities made efforts to seize much of his British property. He was reported to have died of cardiac arrest at the University of Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital on the 10th of October 2015.

James Ibori, was a former governor of Delta state. He was sentenced to thirteen years in jail by a London Judge for stealing government funds in Nigeria. Ibori was sentenced for stealing at least $250 million of public funds within the period he served as governor of Delta state after pleading guilty to pleaded guilty to ten counts of money laundering and conspiracy to defraud at Southwark Crown Court, London. Ibori was released from prison in December 2016 after a court order. He served only 4 years out of the 13 years he was sentenced to. He was never jailed in Nigeria, which was unfortunate.

James Bala Ngilari. He was a governor of northeastern Adamawa state for seven months until May 2015. He was convicted of awarding a contract for the procurement of 25 vehicles at a cost of 167 million Naira ($548,891) without following due process. Ngilari was found guilty of five of the 17 charges levelled against him in September 2016 by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and was sentenced to 5 years with no option in fine. His conviction was shortlived because was later acquitted and freed by the Court of Appeal.

Orji Uzor Kalu, served as Abia State governor from May 29, 1999, to May 29, 2007. Kalu was convicted by the Lagos Division of the Federal High Court on Thursday, 5th of December, 2019 and sentenced to 12 years in prison for N7.65 billion fraud, among other multiple sentences ranging from 3 years to 5 years on 27 counts.

However, the Supreme Court in May 2020 nullified Kalu’s conviction on the grounds that Mohammed Idris, the trial judge, did not have jurisdiction to hear the matter since he had been elevated to the Court of Appeal.
-----

You see the pattern?
Re: Ex-Convict, Oluwatobi Ajayi, Bags Fresh 28-Year Jail Term For Cyber Fraud by abbey621(m): 9:25pm On Nov 30, 2021
Poleski:

As I stated earlier, 28 yrs., whether you agree or not, is too harsh even for a repeat offender. Nigerian judiciary jail poor people harshly, it's a fact!

Let me give you just few examples;

Lucky Igbenedion, was a former governor of Edo state and the first Nigerian ex-governor to be convicted of looting public funds. The EFCC charged him with 142 counts of corruption amounting to $24 million (£12m) using front companies. Lucky entered a plea bargain with the commission in 2008 and refunded a fraction of the amount he was said to have embezzled – and went home.

Late Diepreye Alamieyeseigha, was an ex-governor of Bayelsa state. He was sentenced to two years in jail in 2007 on charges of corruption and money laundering. He served just days of his sentence after spending nearly two years in detention awaiting trial. Alamieyeseigha was originally arrested in London in 2005, but he skipped bail and escaped back to Nigeria dressed as a woman. He was later impeached on the charges at home and authorities made efforts to seize much of his British property. He was reported to have died of cardiac arrest at the University of Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital on the 10th of October 2015.

James Ibori, was a former governor of Delta state. He was sentenced to thirteen years in jail by a London Judge for stealing government funds in Nigeria. Ibori was sentenced for stealing at least $250 million of public funds within the period he served as governor of Delta state after pleading guilty to pleaded guilty to ten counts of money laundering and conspiracy to defraud at Southwark Crown Court, London. Ibori was released from prison in December 2016 after a court order. He served only 4 years out of the 13 years he was sentenced to. He was never jailed in Nigeria, which was unfortunate.

James Bala Ngilari. He was a governor of northeastern Adamawa state for seven months until May 2015. He was convicted of awarding a contract for the procurement of 25 vehicles at a cost of 167 million Naira ($548,891) without following due process. Ngilari was found guilty of five of the 17 charges levelled against him in September 2016 by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and was sentenced to 5 years with no option in fine. His conviction was shortlived because was later acquitted and freed by the Court of Appeal.

Orji Uzor Kalu, served as Abia State governor from May 29, 1999, to May 29, 2007. Kalu was convicted by the Lagos Division of the Federal High Court on Thursday, 5th of December, 2019 and sentenced to 12 years in prison for N7.65 billion fraud, among other multiple sentences ranging from 3 years to 5 years on 27 counts.

However, the Supreme Court in May 2020 nullified Kalu’s conviction on the grounds that Mohammed Idris, the trial judge, did not have jurisdiction to hear the matter since he had been elevated to the Court of Appeal.
-----

You see the pattern?

I'm going to do you a favor and give you a quick lesson about life! NOTHING IS FAIR! Forget Nigeria, even in the USA same judge can sentence two people who committed the same crime completely different depending on the lawyer and arguments in court. The koko here is this, was the sentence according to the sentencing guidelines? What was the minimum and maximum sentence allowed for such crime? Until you figure this out, your argument will just be based on sentiments.

Furthermore, you're comparing politicians stealing to that of a common citizen but ask yourself how many victims of these acts by politicians actually sue them in court? How exactly do you think justice works? You don't sue, you don't provide evidence yet expect politicians to magically be indicted in the court?

Finally, if we are to continue to use politicians as the standard for not seeking justice then we might as well not get outraged by anything, be it armed robbery, be it kidnapping or pedophilia. You are basically saying justice does not matter since the elites often evade it, I hate to think you would have the same mindset if it was your son, daughter, sister or another family member that got duped.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

We Won The Election And We Will Prove It — Peter Obi Reaffirms / Photo Speaks -how Do You Interprete This Pictures / Adeyinka Adebayo Is Dead (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.