Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,880 members, 7,889,930 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 03:16 AM

love-vendor My Blog - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / love-vendor My Blog (280 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

love-vendor My Blog by rishabh121: 12:38pm On Nov 30, 2021
Unless you enjoy being dissed by a bunch of cheerleaders, you may want to consider the usability and design of your blog. I’m no graphic designer (despite my small stint as a digital design major in my college days), but I do know how to spell ugly when I see one. Here are a couple of great blogs I follow, and the design takeaways from both.

Twooting.com (Podcast Blog)

If you’re looking for a podcast that is entertaining and resourceful, these are your guys. While I am a huge fan of their podcast, I need to pop pain medicine before visiting their website. Twooting.com has a lot of rich information, but you need five pairs of eyes to find and read through all their topics.

Pros – Utilize Best Takeaways

Branding – To achieve audience reach, you must develop a brand that is catchy and relevant to the topic of your blog.
Color Scheme – Keep it simple. Using too many colors will distract your readers and make your overall design very messy.

Resources – Make sure to highlight the important resources your blog has to offer, and embed the rest. Readers who are very interested will eventually find the less important resources as they dig into your site, and it will be like finding icing on the cake.
Cons – Learn From Others

Organization – Categorization is key. If you have great resources to offer but scattered on your site, your readers won’t be able to find them. They won’t stick around to figure out your maze.

Tabs – Utilize tabs (web pages) to organize the content on your site. I love that Twooting.com offers a calendar and list of podcast episodes, but they are located on a very crowded home page.

Simplicity – Don’t let John Maeda down (author of The Laws of Simplicity). Put yourself in the readers’ shoes and think about the easiness of your site usability. I personally like having one navigational column to make the content easy on the eye.

Also Visit: [url]brand-makers.org[/url]

Adam Metz (Social Media Blog)

It is rare for me to classify anyone as a social media expert, because the industry is too new to understand all there is to know. However, Adam would be my one exception. The MetzMash blog not only discusses new trends, but introduces new ways of thinking about and measuring social media.

Pros – Utilize Best Takeaways

Simplicity – Honestly, I can’t put more emphasis on the important of simplicity. You can be creative and keep things simple, just like Adam’s website.

Links – Having links to other blog content, such as past articles, can help your readers navigate more easily and increase your site traffic. You can place them at the bottom of blog posts or in the navigational column.
Cons – Learn From Others

Blog Real Estate – Don’t be afraid of being plain. Personally, having a little white space won’t kill your site. If anything, it will allow your readers to scan your site more easily.

Image Size – I like how MetzMash utilized one picture of Adam, and how each page reveals a different expression. It would have been nice for the image to be 75% of what the current size is now. This would allow more space for content and less space for tiny facial features (not that they are bad).

Also Read: [url]brand-makers.org[/url]

(1) (Reply)

The Cry Of Sylvester And The Reality Of Life. / Similarities Between Nigeria And South Africa *shocking* / Iti Ibom Cultural Practice In Oguta, See What Women Do Before Burial (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.