Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,676 members, 7,918,152 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 12:30 AM

Cryptocurrency Miners Using Hacked Cloud Accounts, Google Warns - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Cryptocurrency Miners Using Hacked Cloud Accounts, Google Warns (19092 Views)

Soldiers Neutralise Bandits, Illegal Miners In North-West / How Chinese Miners Endangering FCT Residents Enjoy Police Protection - The Cable / Police Arrest Illegal Chinese Miners In Zamfara (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cryptocurrency Miners Using Hacked Cloud Accounts, Google Warns by thaoriginator: 2:16pm On Nov 30, 2021
KaluwisxPRO:

The process of generating power is called power generation, the process of giving birth to Bitcoin for example is called Mining. Mining power is generated from plugging together several computing machine, that Carrie’s out the mathematical process of confirming crypto transactions in other words, Bitcoin is generated through mining.

These machine power has advanced to the stage where it can be done wirelessly (cloud power) since google has a big storage capacity with their super computers, they have the largest mining power worldwide. should google get involved with crypto, it’s game over for those who are against crypto. Hackers know this, so they’re targeting people and companies using these google cloud services like it’s theirs to solve crypto transactions for the purpose of making profits.
abeg use pidgin
Re: Cryptocurrency Miners Using Hacked Cloud Accounts, Google Warns by Pimine: 2:17pm On Nov 30, 2021
TheWolfen:

If people are that dumb to give their google account login details to strangers then that is not hacking
Aswearugaaad

It's hacking. Social engineering is a form of hacking.

Actually humans are easier to hack than machines.

1 Like

Re: Cryptocurrency Miners Using Hacked Cloud Accounts, Google Warns by ityP(m): 2:27pm On Nov 30, 2021
Vicintonsh:
If it’s online, it’s vulnerable
you can’t be too careful online

Stay there na. People have become millionaires all thanks to crypto

1 Like

Re: Cryptocurrency Miners Using Hacked Cloud Accounts, Google Warns by Elnathan454(m): 2:28pm On Nov 30, 2021
All this happen because of nigerian economic recession....
Re: Cryptocurrency Miners Using Hacked Cloud Accounts, Google Warns by wisdom042(m): 2:31pm On Nov 30, 2021
Nothing wey dem no dey hack infact Nigeria dey learn work where dis guys dey
Re: Cryptocurrency Miners Using Hacked Cloud Accounts, Google Warns by Nobody: 2:31pm On Nov 30, 2021
khalids:

So basically in order to mine cryptocurrency (i.e solve some blockchain eq to gain tokens)...you need some good computer rig setup, this setup and mining cost time, money, and power (electricity)....

Google offers infrastructure as a service, where you can set up a server/computing rig on google cloud and run whatever kind of service you want for a fee...

So basically these hackers are hacking into this service(people who have cloud service accounts) and setting up mining rigs on google cloud for free....mining their cryptocurrency without paying (money and power cost)
Apt.. you a coiner? Airdrops
Re: Cryptocurrency Miners Using Hacked Cloud Accounts, Google Warns by ityP(m): 2:32pm On Nov 30, 2021
Enibanks:
it is well shaaaaa wahala for who no crypto..... i just noticed that that crypto started with CRY...pto so if anyone should cry i am not surprise at all

In this nonsense economy, na only non crypto guys dey cry
Re: Cryptocurrency Miners Using Hacked Cloud Accounts, Google Warns by Nobody: 2:32pm On Nov 30, 2021
Enibanks:
it is well shaaaaa wahala for who no crypto..... i just noticed that that crypto started with CRY...pto so if anyone should cry i am not surprise at all
lol.. really??
Re: Cryptocurrency Miners Using Hacked Cloud Accounts, Google Warns by ityP(m): 2:33pm On Nov 30, 2021
Tablechair:
lol.. really??

Free her
Re: Cryptocurrency Miners Using Hacked Cloud Accounts, Google Warns by ReadingPro9: 2:35pm On Nov 30, 2021
TheWolfen:

If people are that dumb to give their google account login details to strangers then that is not hacking

did u not see phishing? it was taken nt given
Re: Cryptocurrency Miners Using Hacked Cloud Accounts, Google Warns by sheanzy(m): 2:40pm On Nov 30, 2021
Enibanks:
I laugh

u don't want you are losing .. it's really a pity

u made me emotional with ur ignorance
Re: Cryptocurrency Miners Using Hacked Cloud Accounts, Google Warns by Vicintonsh(m): 3:05pm On Nov 30, 2021
ityP:

Stay there na. People have become millionaires all thanks to crypto

no doubt, I am a testifier.

I just pointed out the obvious. Security is just an illusion in the online world
Re: Cryptocurrency Miners Using Hacked Cloud Accounts, Google Warns by KaluwisxPRO: 3:07pm On Nov 30, 2021
thaoriginator:
abeg use pidgin

Lol. Those hackers dey use people combined computer power take dey solve Bitcoin transaction, all the profits from those transactions nai be their gain. And because google nai get the biggest computers you can think of, them get technology wey dem dey call cloud computing.

Meaning, any program wey you dey run for your normal computer, you fit do am from another computer wey no be your own, so far say you fit login to your google cloud account.

Na the loophole wey those hackers dey use take dey mine Bitcoin be that.

4 Likes

Re: Cryptocurrency Miners Using Hacked Cloud Accounts, Google Warns by ugodson(m): 3:21pm On Nov 30, 2021
ImoleNaija:
Death to all scammers undecided

God forbid!

If so,don't be harsh with words,that's all am saying. NO BODY HOLY PASS
Re: Cryptocurrency Miners Using Hacked Cloud Accounts, Google Warns by Masterito(m): 3:29pm On Nov 30, 2021
It is no news Russians and North Koreans are masters of ransomware scams.
REMMEI:
All I see is a conspiracy against the Russians... How do they even confirmed it's the Russian hackers.

US that owns goggle haven't adopted crypto currency fully.. Now they are trying to bring the market down by propagating these news about hacking and all.. By the time crypto dropped fully, they will then buy in bulk. Like owning larger BTC worth.

They just want to own everything.. They did the same to Blackberry, a Canadian owned company.

Damn them!

Re: Cryptocurrency Miners Using Hacked Cloud Accounts, Google Warns by gonkin(m): 3:42pm On Nov 30, 2021
ImoleNaija:
Death to all scammers undecided

God forbid!

Me sef wonder. No be everybody get mind to scam. Lack of legitimate income has messed up the nigerian brain.

1 Like

Re: Cryptocurrency Miners Using Hacked Cloud Accounts, Google Warns by Ppgg: 4:34pm On Nov 30, 2021
Really
Re: Cryptocurrency Miners Using Hacked Cloud Accounts, Google Warns by Ellixlimswag(m): 4:43pm On Nov 30, 2021
tamdun:
grin all na scam, go and do a legit business
Crypto can never be scam go and learn... you are missing out ... defi staking lending borrowing compounding and a lot more ....
Re: Cryptocurrency Miners Using Hacked Cloud Accounts, Google Warns by thaoriginator: 5:48pm On Nov 30, 2021
KaluwisxPRO:

Lol. Those hackers dey use people combined computer power take dey solve Bitcoin transaction, all the profits from those transactions nai be their gain. And because google nai get the biggest computers you can think of, them get technology wey dem dey call cloud computing.

Meaning, any program wey you dey run for your normal computer, you fit do am from another computer wey no be your own, so far say you fit login to your google cloud account.

nawao! Grammar still dey inside, but we go manage like this. Thank you for the time grin
Re: Cryptocurrency Miners Using Hacked Cloud Accounts, Google Warns by Nobody: 6:18pm On Nov 30, 2021
TheWolfen:

How do you think they got people’s personal emails to send them the message in the first place?
Re: Cryptocurrency Miners Using Hacked Cloud Accounts, Google Warns by atobtransfer: 8:39pm On Nov 30, 2021
I am a yang traveller who loves discovering and visiting new places! I have visited more than 50 destinations worldwide! I usually travel with a big group of people. For http://atobtransfer.com services we use atob transfer, one of the most reliable airport taxi I have ever used.

Re: Cryptocurrency Miners Using Hacked Cloud Accounts, Google Warns by Hotspotbro(m): 12:21am On Dec 01, 2021
There's Code for this that uses people's browsers to mine Monero
Re: Cryptocurrency Miners Using Hacked Cloud Accounts, Google Warns by philcz(m): 7:22am On Dec 01, 2021
KaluwisxPRO:

The process of generating power is called power generation, the process of giving birth to Bitcoin for example is called Mining. Mining power is generated from plugging together several computing machine, that Carrie’s out the mathematical process of confirming crypto transactions in other words, Bitcoin is generated through mining.

These machine power has advanced to the stage where it can be done wirelessly (cloud power) since google has a big storage capacity with their super computers, they have the largest mining power worldwide. should google get involved with crypto, it’s game over for those who are against crypto. Hackers know this, so they’re targeting people and companies using these google cloud services like it’s theirs to solve crypto transactions for the purpose of making profits.
Hackers are using compute engines for mining. I had a serious battle with a hacker over this.
Re: Cryptocurrency Miners Using Hacked Cloud Accounts, Google Warns by philcz(m): 7:24am On Dec 01, 2021
KaluwisxPRO:

Lol, really nice explanation.
Re: Cryptocurrency Miners Using Hacked Cloud Accounts, Google Warns by Jesusbonboy: 3:30pm On Dec 01, 2021
Fx12:
Invest in Gold or foreign Exchange(FOREX)... check my SIG for more info
Re: Cryptocurrency Miners Using Hacked Cloud Accounts, Google Warns by jameshacks: 2:09pm On Sep 08, 2023
At Phantomhacker.su, we are committed to providing our customers with the best possible service and helping them achieve their financial goals. Our Money Transfer Hacker service is designed to provide customers with quick and untraceable money transfers. We are a skilled Russian bank money hacking team, and our service is safe, reliable, and affordable. Contact us today to learn more about our offshore account offer and how we can help you achieve your financial goals.

VISIT OUR WEBSITE https://phantomhacker.su/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Two Nigerians Arrested With Cocaine In Pune, India / NDLEA Arraigns Basil Okafor, Brother For Possession Of 2.1kg Heroin / Fake Doctor Steals N290k From A Blind Patient's Account, Gets Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.