Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,130 members, 7,880,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 08:34 PM

Unhealthy Competition - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Unhealthy Competition (156 Views)

Vital Signs Of An Unhealthy Spirit. / 10 Indicators You Have An Unhealthy Sexual Soul Tie With Somebody! / Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Unhealthy Competition by SonofIssachar: 12:37am On Dec 01, 2021
I was jogging this morning and I noticed a person about 1/2 a kilometre ahead. I could tell he was running a little slower than me and I thought, good, I shall try to catch him.

I had about a kilometre before I needed to turn off. So I started running faster and faster. Every block, I was gaining on him just a little bit. After just a few minutes, I was only about 100 metres behind him, so I really picked up the pace and pushed myself. You would have thought I was running in the last leg of an Olympic competition. I was determined to catch him.

Finally, I did it! I caught and passed him. On the inside I felt so good. “I beat him”. Of course, he didn’t even know we were racing. After I passed him, I realised I had been so focused on competing against him that I had missed my turn. I had gone nearly six blocks past my turn and I had to turn and go back.

Isn’t that what happens in life when we focus on competing with co-workers, neighbours, friends, family, trying to outdo them or trying to prove that we are more successful or more important? We spend our time and energy running after them and we miss out on our own paths to our God-given destinies.

The problem with unhealthy competition is that it’s a never-ending cycle. There will always be somebody ahead of you, someone with a better job, nicer car, more money in the bank, more education, a prettier wife, a more handsome husband, better-behaved children, etc.

But realize that you can be the best that you can be, you are not competing with anyone. Some people are insecure because they pay too much attention to what others are, where others are going, wearing, and driving.

Take what God has given you, the height, the weight, and the personality. Dress well and wear it proudly, you’ll be blessed by it. Stay focused and live a healthy life. There is no competition in Destiny.

Run your own race this year and wish others well.

— Author Unknown

Meditation: Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it. – 1 Corinthians 9:24

You will succeed in Jesus Name!

Also read:
No Regrets
Gifts from Children
You Are Amazing! (And I Can Prove It)

(1) (Reply)

CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 1st December 2021 / God’s Secret Plan. / The 12 Days Of Christmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.