Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,162 members, 7,887,385 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:01 AM

Successful: Biomass Waste To Alcohol - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Successful: Biomass Waste To Alcohol (112 Views)

Lagos Schools Where Alcohol, Gambling Thrive In Broad Daylight / Debate : Is Educating Female Child A Waste Of Resources? / Biomass: A Promising Renewable Energy Source In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Successful: Biomass Waste To Alcohol by Oduok(m): 8:25am On Dec 01, 2021
Alcohol has many applications in the industry – as fuel, in producing diethyl ether, for sterilization etc.

Two major methods of producing alcohol are hydrolysis of ethene and fermentation of glucose. Glucose is an expensive feedstock hence other carbohydrates are used.

The good news is we can now produce alcohol from biomass wastes such as sugarcane bagasse and sawdust.

In a research that I provided Technical Assistance at my Center, we were able to breakdown the lignin that hindered access to cellulose in these wastes, did chemical hydrolysis and then fermented the reducing sugar to alcohol.

Physico-chemical analysis as well as GC-MS/FTIR result confirmed the claim.

At Odfid Technical Center we conduct trial experiments at our lab, develop research proposal before a study is advanced to specialized laboratories for analysis, then we analyze results using Excel and MATLAB.

Ongoing environmental researches we are assisting include converting biomass waste to biogas and biopolymer, development of adsorbent, design of batch reactor, combustor, and adsorber.

“Odfid … Ensuring competence.” 07037263653

(1) (Reply)

Fully Funded Amsterdam Scholarship For Foreign Students 2022 / Federal Polytechnic Offa Academic Calendar For 1st Semester 2021 / Avail 51% Discount On Do My Assignment In Australia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.