Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,735 members, 7,979,475 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 09:39 AM

Come To Think Of It,is Nigeria And Nïger Not The Same? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Come To Think Of It,is Nigeria And Nïger Not The Same? (553 Views)

Buhari: It Is Wrong To Think National Assembly Members Are Overpaid / "This Is Nigeria": Femi Falana Blasts MURIC For Threatening To Sue Falz / Falz "This Is Nigeria": Muslim Against Terror Tackles MURIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Come To Think Of It,is Nigeria And Nïger Not The Same? by Naijayouth(m): 11:34am On Dec 01, 2021
I was reading an article and it just dawned on me that the name of our country, 'Nigeria' and the other country up north,Nïger are actually same words lipsrsealed

English=Nigeria
French=Nïger (pronounced neejair)

English=Nigerian
French=Nïgerien(pronounced neejairien)

The difference between Nigeria and her northern neighbour is French and English.
This is serious.
Re: Come To Think Of It,is Nigeria And Nïger Not The Same? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Dec 01, 2021
Hmmmm
Re: Come To Think Of It,is Nigeria And Nïger Not The Same? by aderemielijah(m): 12:44pm On Dec 01, 2021
Related but not same.

1 Like

Re: Come To Think Of It,is Nigeria And Nïger Not The Same? by Naijayouth(m): 2:59pm On Dec 01, 2021
aderemielijah:
Related but not same.
I don't think so.both the two are named after the river niger which means black.
Re: Come To Think Of It,is Nigeria And Nïger Not The Same? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Dec 01, 2021
We know our boundaries!!
Re: Come To Think Of It,is Nigeria And Nïger Not The Same? by peleson1: 4:47pm On Dec 01, 2021
Naijayouth:
I was reading an article and it just dawned on me that the name of our country, 'Nigeria' and the other country up north,Nïger are actually same words lipsrsealed

English=Nigeria
French=Nïger (pronounced neejair)

English=Nigerian
French=Nïgerien(pronounced neejairien)

The difference between Nigeria and her northern neighbour is French and English.
This is serious.
Northern Nigeria and Niger are same.....
Both in religion and tongue,tribe ,fashion and culture....
They marry as much as northern Nigeria but their population is sparse,you then wonder where the northern population come from...

Truth is that Nigeria is not up to 200m in population...
Re: Come To Think Of It,is Nigeria And Nïger Not The Same? by Naijayouth(m): 8:33pm On Dec 01, 2021
peleson1:

Northern Nigeria and Niger are same.....
Both in religion and tongue,tribe ,fashion and culture....

They marry as much as northern Nigeria but their population is sparse,you then wonder where the northern population come from...

Truth is that Nigeria is not up to 200m in population...
Hmmn !
Re: Come To Think Of It,is Nigeria And Nïger Not The Same? by tsdarkside(m): 11:28pm On Dec 01, 2021
can be....it doesnt matter....most of us were born into this situation....their is not much you can do about it....
Re: Come To Think Of It,is Nigeria And Nïger Not The Same? by Naijayouth(m): 3:04pm On Dec 31, 2021
F
Re: Come To Think Of It,is Nigeria And Nïger Not The Same? by cazchi: 5:03pm On Dec 31, 2021
Northern Zoo and Niger should be the same country... but nooooooo... Zoogerians can never see reason!!

(1) (Reply)

Reps Adopts Chidoka's Motion Seeking Removal Of All Checkpoints From Lagos, Abuj / Osinbajo Is My Favourite, He Keeps His Promises, Says Emir Of Daura / Security Council Expresses Concern Over Terrorists’ Ability To Fire Rockets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.