Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,953 members, 7,927,857 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 12:13 AM

I Will Teach Your Kids How To Code For Free - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Will Teach Your Kids How To Code For Free (512 Views)

Who Will Teach Me Programming / Corridorspreeuniversity: Learn To Code For Free / Teach Yourself To Code (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Will Teach Your Kids How To Code For Free by epistlegcfr: 8:14am On Dec 02, 2021
Hello,

Over the years, I have seen how under-represented the black community generally have been when it comes to anything tech in the western world. So far so good, I have worked in about 5 Fortune 500 companies and I have always been the only black/Nigerian software engineer on my team.

I thought deeply of a way to start changing that narrative by starting a catch them young bootcamp aimed at playfully introducing coding to young bright Nigerians for free over series of zoom classes. I see this as my way of giving back and growing budding talented young programmers out from Nigeria.

For your kids to participate :

1. Your child must be between 8-13 years old with interest in coding and computers.
2. Your child must have access to a computer and good internet connectivity as these classes will be hands on.
3. Your child must be available for an hour class every Saturday until the bootcamp is over.
4. You must ensure that all assignments are completed.
5. You must have access to zoom or Teams.

If you are interested and for more enquires , send me a dm here or on instagram @temmyos . Please tell your family, friends, niece, nephew and cousins.

Thanks,

Sincerely,

Temi
Re: I Will Teach Your Kids How To Code For Free by LikeAking: 9:19am On Dec 02, 2021
epistlegcfr:
Hello,

Over the years, I have seen how under-represented the black community generally have been when it comes to anything tech in the western world. So far so good, I have worked in about 5 Fortune 500 companies and I have always been the only black/Nigerian software engineer on my team.

I thought deeply of a way to start changing that narrative by starting a catch them young bootcamp aimed at playfully introducing coding to young bright Nigerians for free over series of zoom classes. I see this as my way of giving back and growing budding talented young programmers out from Nigeria.

1. Your child must be between 8-13 years old with interest in coding and computers.
2. Your child must have access to a computer and good internet connectivity as these classes will be hands on.
3. Your child must be available for an hour class every Saturday until the bootcamp is over.

If you are interested and for more enquires , send me a dm here or on instagram @temmyos . Please tell your family, friends, niece, nephew and cousins.

Thanks,

Sincerely,

Temi

Story!.

You have all this exp and have never bothered to help any up comming programer on NL.

Go rest!
Re: I Will Teach Your Kids How To Code For Free by oj3k(m): 3:13pm On Dec 12, 2021
epistlegcfr:
Hello,

Thanks,

Sincerely,

Temi

I'm really interested in this.
Is there anyway I could volunteer, I'm a Ruby on Rails developer

(1) (Reply)

Advise Please. Frontend And Backend, Which Is Better? / React Tutorials Project Based For Beginners / Devs, How True Is This Funny Comment I Heard About CSS And React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.