Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,806 members, 7,872,677 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 07:35 PM

Itsekiri Leaders Disown Omatseye - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Itsekiri Leaders Disown Omatseye (3350 Views)

Who Owns Lagos? By Sam Omatseye / Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta / Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Itsekiri Leaders Disown Omatseye by EkoIle1: 3:40pm On Jun 13, 2011
birdman:

Did you just post that? I had to read that twice. Just because I chided Tinubu, who you obviously admire a lot is no reason to go into a meltdown with a nonsensical rant. I really couldn't make head or tail of your post - are you suggesting that the article should indeed have been published, because of what you perceive as HID selling out? I'm not an Awoite, as much as I admire him, but if anyone (Omatseye included) claims to have any respect for Awo, you know enough not to denigrate his wife while the man lies in his grave.

Question: would you have supported the article if it didnt have Tinubu's hand in it? Or are you just going along with the flow ie. anything Tinubu does must be right. Not only does Tinubu deserve censure, I 'm 100% sure he's going to get a good rebuke whenever ACN leaders convene again, in addition to the ones that must have reached him by now. Save the motorpack tout tactics for the PDP, not your own people.

Btw, I know what perdition is. Maybe its just me, but when you throw a dead statesman's wife under the bus publicly, you are begging for karma (not the good kind).
Had to respond to this specifically. Are you on crack? SMH

I'll answer your question as soon as you show us Tinubu's hand in the article and how it got there. The statesman died a long time ago and the wife and the rest of the Family lost all claims to that legacy the minute the sold it to the same people Awolowo fought till his death. The family threw Awolow under the bus, they trashed his legacy and what he stood for just to make some quick buck.

Again, you are busy running your mouth about disrespect, but I'll ask you again, what about the people they disrespect everyday with their newspaper on behalf of their evil PDP people? Are you too dum.b to analyze and accept that?

I still need you to answer my question. Are you on the side of the people or the side of evil and the people's enemies?

Anyways, I've attended to your regurgitated nonsense so you might want to read mine again,

I like andf appreciate the fact that you people reflect what you see in the mirror hence you being the not only the daft and clueless dum'b a/ss alive, but also the the weakest not-so-smart person and I'll explain to you why.

1. ACN and Tinubu did not start this fight, the Awolowo family and their Tribune newspaper cooked it up, they've been attacking the ACN and it's leaders for well over a year on a daily basis non stop. So, you really should have directed your little dum.b essay to the same clowns you are defending.

2. Obviously, all the silly crap you spewed at the ACN and it's leaders applies to the Awolow family and their paid attack dogs called writers a million times since they cooked up the fight and have been attacking other people relentlessly. They are more than uncouth, they are cheap sell outs using Awolow's image and legacy to make quick change @ the expense of the people of the SW, the same people Awolowo served till his death. They are nothing but lazy bums

3. Awolowo did not use his image, prestige and respect or and the trubune to attack and brutalize the people of the SW

4. Unlike the greedy and predatory Awolow family of today, Awolowo did not dine or break bread with the same evil people he fought till his death

5. Awolwo did not sell his ideals or betray his people like the sorry fools using his image and legacy to creat unnecessary animosity and destruction

6. Unlike the gread and predatory Awolow family of today, when Awolowo lost, he was a gentleman, he did not attack or use his newspaper to attack people, abuse people and call them names every day.

7. All your anti Tinubu and ACN crap is a sad reflection of your own stupidity, ignorance and lack of any form of political understanding and leadership. The people of the south west spoke already and with their votes, they gave their trust and affairs to Tinubu and the ACN to manage, the people of the SW voted against the clowns and pathetic evil people you are defending. The vlowns you are defending are rejected scumbags, our discarded rotten eggs.

Lastly and again, it's all about the people, Tinubu and the ACN did not sell out, they did not buy or force the people of the SW to select them as their leaders and going against Tinubu and the people of the SW is an afront and assoult on the people of the SW.

About your usual dum'b and mindless rumors and innuendos, that's for scum bags and market women like you to debate so I'll slide over that gutter and let you swin in it all by yourself.

The Nation writer in question is a brave man and I admire his bravery very much.

Now, see why you are the daftest clown around?
Re: Itsekiri Leaders Disown Omatseye by Eziachi: 4:38pm On Jun 13, 2011
birdman:

Are you one of those keyboard warriors living abroad somewhere? Yorubas do not follow their leaders into perdition. Even Awo had opposition whenever it was felt he was moving in the wrong direction. ACN supporter or not, the article was a dastardly act. Maybe you know ACN better than I do - but I'm betting Tinubu will get censured internally. I'm also betting the state governors will also distance themselves from this- this is a distraction they don't need. Denigrating those that came before you is a good way to lose the people's mandate.
Nigeria is a really funny country of follow-follow humans. Pease how many of you have actually read this socalled article that denegrade Saint Mrs Awo? Can you quote directly one or more than one line in the article that supports all these noise about Awo and his saintly faimly that is beyond critism even when I cannnot see one.

Politicians who cannot win on the political battle field against their fellow politician has seen a cheap shot and they have all jumped in like pack of wolves to attack and I bet not a single one of them has read the overblown socalled offensive article.

The only arguement I have heard is that Tinubu is guilty by association. That the writer by writing for a newspaper part owned by Tinubu, therefore Tinubu is responsible for whatever he wrote. So if that is the case, Mrs Awolowo herself, maybe is too old to read her own newspaper, that writes nothing but all sorts of anti Tinubu in their articles, editorial and headlines every single day.

If truely that Tinubu is responsible for an article written by someone else, goodluck to him for defending himself because if Mrs Awolowo and her family/Tribune cannot take the fire, they shouldn't be throwing fire just because their surname is Awolowo. Beyond their surname, what is their individual achievements in life?

But I had read the socalled article many times and still cannot find what the noise is all about.
Nigerian biggest problem is always their lip services and crocodile tears of crying more than the beareved.
Re: Itsekiri Leaders Disown Omatseye by Eziachi: 4:42pm On Jun 13, 2011
Pafuri:

Never knew that Omatseye was "owned" by Itsekiri "leaders". grin grin grin
My first thought grin grin grin grin grin grin
I bet if they will recognise the guy in the street, that is Nigerians for you.
Re: Itsekiri Leaders Disown Omatseye by Eziachi: 4:51pm On Jun 13, 2011
nolongtin:

Lia mohammed of d ACN is always quick to respond to attacks,but am sure they will not dis time around cus the know wen u attack AWO is the south west your a gonna.The yoruba leadership is not 4 sale,so tinubu while u play the politics, dont be deceived that your a mini- god.
Wrong!
Lai is a proffessional PR man.
He knew he doesn't need to respond Awo family as they are doing it for him them and their PDP friends are also doing the response too for Lai Mohammed.
This is the biggest problem of people that had a powerful surname behind them, made possible by someone else's sweat is that they tend to over estimate their importance and relevance in the scheme of things.
Re: Itsekiri Leaders Disown Omatseye by Eziachi: 5:01pm On Jun 13, 2011
Desola:

Eko Ile,

I agree with a good chunk of your arguments ie, the SW can/should groom greater leaders who would surpass the works of Awo and that Awo himself would have wished that we progress on his work. That we shouldn't bask only in past glory but strive to attain greater heights.

I wouldn't however agree with you that the SW voted for ACN to have TInubu at the helm of their affairs, rather they voted to see Fashola's good work replicated in their states too. Fashola was the winning formula for ACN and not Tinubu.

Yes, we applaud Tinubu's ingenuity when it comes to dealing with the stronghold of the center but we don't want him lauding it over us in the west. He is the Asiwaju of Lagos and not of the entire Yoruba people. He does not merit that accolade.
How much do you know of a Mr Fashola before Tinubu appointed him chief of staff/governoship candidates unopposed?

1 Like

Re: Itsekiri Leaders Disown Omatseye by fadhill: 5:07pm On Jun 13, 2011
I quickly reflected on what happened to SW in 2003-20011 whenever people called Tinubu a thug, thief and rouge. I come to the conclusion that all those that rants are the enemies of SW. Where were you people when PDP and Tribune its mouth piece ransacked SW with all its thunderbolt of political comments about Tinubu and ACN? Where is our hope at this moment? Who is the architect of this renew Hope? Awolowo is an individual, an icon whose footprint will be remember in annals of yoruba development and Nigeria as a whole. We need renew our hopes and live with the aspirations of 21st century, not under the shade of the family of an icon. Yoruba ronu, what would have been our hope at the moment if ACN had failled to live to expectations? Never should we ever believe that no single Yoruba will bring forth a legacy that will call that be-quited us by Awolowo into contest. Mr. Omatseye was right in his opinion or an observation of "Awo Family; Without A Awo", but he needs make flaccid his pen in future as it was made too sharp for the write-up. Awon agba lo wipe gbon un eebu ni fun agba (share mumble is language of disrespect to elders).
Re: Itsekiri Leaders Disown Omatseye by EkoIle1: 5:36pm On Jun 13, 2011
Eziachi:

How much do you know of a Mr Fashola before Tinubu appointed him chief of staff/governoship candidates unopposed?

It makes no difference and I'll tell you the reason why.

Of what use are your capabilities if you have no platform to display them on or the opportunity to show case them? Tinubu saw and provided that opportunity.

The fact remains that without Tinubu's wisdom and superb courage for saving Lagos, there wont be any Lagos of today under the PDP talk less Fashola or anything for Fashola to develop or improve on or derive any fame from as the best performing governor in Nigeria.

Tinubu's good sense and wisdom gave us Fashola, Tinubu made it easy for Fashola to succeed because of all the things he left for Fashola to build on for us to admire, the huge IGR people talk about that's enabling Fashola to succeed was put in place by Tinubu. Tinubu paved the way Fashola is working on, Tinubu is still taking bullets for Fashola and on behalf of the people of Lagos.

From Lagos to the rest of the SW, one man and his courage and fighting spirit is making things happen and the man's name is Bola Tinubu.
Re: Itsekiri Leaders Disown Omatseye by EkoIle1: 5:47pm On Jun 13, 2011
“Awolowo Dynasty” In Political Turmoil: As Awoists Battle Awoists–Reports

It is wrong for many commentators that have emerged as a result of Omatseye’s article to link the write up to Tinubu who may also have read the article after it was published.

He added, “Although Tinunbu owns ‘The Nation’, he is not part of the editorials and hardly knows how the editorial crew does their works. Certainly Tinubu cannot in any forum say what Omatseye has said of the Awolowo family and so for people like Aderounmu and indeed Compass newspaper to claim that Omatseye is working on Tinubu’s mind is totally wrong and unacceptable. Tinubu has never claimed and will never claim equality with Awolowo, Awolowo is revered. But Tinubu’s contribution to the liberation of the Yoruba race from the hands of people like Obasanjo who almost destroyed the race should be acknowledged.

“He may not have been perfect in the way goes about doing it but credit still goes to him for braving the odds while people like Babatope joined the evil forces to inflict deep wounds on the race he once vowed to die for. Those hurling bad comments on Tinubu are merely envious of his successes because no one expects he would go this far. I am not surprised the Compass newspaper has taken the issue far beyond how ‘Tribune’, the newspaper of those concerned, has taken it. Compass as a newspaper of Daniel, the runaway fugitive, is sinking and seriously needs sensational news item to climb. That exactly why the paper has been misreporting and twisting the write-up to malign the person of Tinubu because Tinubu caused the downfall of their benefactors”.

Another respected commentator on Nigerian politics, Kayode Oyende says Sam Oatseye spoke the truth about Awolowo’s family. He said:

“I have read the article by Omatseye and frankly speaking the article without the venom unleashed on the Yeye Oba of Ife, spoke the truth about the Awolowo ‘family’. By family I mean the political family Awolowo left behind who are people who shared his ideals. The reference to Tinubu betrayed the writer as one eager to please his master, confirming the adage that he who pays the piper dictates the tune”, he concluded.

http://www.republicreport.com/awolowos-dynasty-in-political-crisis-awoists-at-war-with-awoists-reports/

Re: Itsekiri Leaders Disown Omatseye by birdman(m): 4:13am On Jun 14, 2011
@Eko Ile, shine your eyes. The owner of a newspaper always has editorial control. Even CNN and Fox follow their owner's agendas. The owner may not know the editorial crew, but he definitely knows and picks the editorial board. And that board is there to censure articles the way the owner likes it,  just like Ted Turner, or or Murdoch. But you are smart, so I know between your last posting and now, you figured it out already.  wink

By the way, considering you just used Ekiti and slavery in the same sentence (spend less time on the internet and read more about your history), I consider your attempted insults a badge of honor, whatever honor means on an internet forum lol.
Re: Itsekiri Leaders Disown Omatseye by EkoIle1: 4:51am On Jun 14, 2011
birdman:

@Eko Ile, shine your eyes. The owner of a newspaper always has editorial control. Even CNN and Fox follow their owner's agendas. The owner may not know the editorial crew, but he definitely knows and picks the editorial board. And that board is there to censure articles the way the owner likes it,  just like Ted Turner, or or Murdoch. But you are smart, so I know between your last posting and now, you figured it out already.  wink

By the way, considering you just used Ekiti and slavery in the same sentence (spend less time on the internet and read more about your history), I consider your attempted insults a badge of honor, whatever honor means on an internet forum lol.

Now we know for a fact that HID as the chairman and head of the editorial board of the Tribune personally orchestrated the daily attacks and insults against the ACN,  it's leadership and the people of the SW?

Now we know she instigated and cooked up this fight and mischief since the Awolowo family and the Tribune have been attacking  other people on behalf of their PDP paymaster since right after June 12th.

Btw, yeah, the honors goes to Tinubu cos if not for him, Ekiti go still dey slave and suffer under the useless and incompetent PDP, be grateful my friend.
Re: Itsekiri Leaders Disown Omatseye by EkoIle1: 5:10am On Jun 14, 2011
The Glory Has Long Departed from The Nigerian Tribune, Says Lagos ACN

The Lagos State chapter of the Action Congress of Nigeria has described the Nigerian Tribune as a relic of everything that has gone seriously wrong with the legacy left behind by the late sage, Chief Obafemi Awolowo and said the paper, by its present loss of focus, is bringing shame to the revered name of the late sage.

The party said it is reacting to the flurry of tendentious and fictitious reporting the paper has indulged in in recent
times in a desperate effort to instigate crisis in Action Congress of Nigeria and urges the paper to live beyond its present pecuniary interests to appear in good lights to reactionary forces that now pick its wages.

In a release in Lagos, signed by the Lagos State Publicity Secretary of the ACN, Joe Igbokwe, the party said that it is unfortunate that The Tribune has thrown decorum and respect to the winds by the unending strings of fictitious stories and hatchet editorials it has been inventing lately to ingratiate itself to the PDP both at the federal and regional levels. It advises The Tribune to learn from past mistakes some papers who sacrificed principle on the altars of expediency committed and retrace its mercenary ways.

It is a known fact that The Tribune was founded by the late Chief Obafemi Awolowo on the ideals of progressivism and that while he was alive, the paper did its best to remain committed to these progressive ideals. It is unfortunate to know that since Chief Awolowo's death, a progressive degeneration has hit his legacies and the hallmark of that degeneration is the present putrid philosophy of the paper that fully promotes the dirty interests of buccaneers and irreverent as represented by the desperate politics of the PDP today. It is a great pity that The Tribune is today a propaganda organ for reactionary forces that worked against the interests and ideals of the founder. We know that The Tribune's present desperate disposition that has made it a wet rag for the PDP is founded on the knowledge that it does not make much from sales these days because of its retrogressive philosophy.

We are not surprised at the present position of The Tribune as it aligns with the pecuniary interests the paper has been promoting in recent times. We are not surprised that The Tribune is showing its anger at losing the clientele of the ousted PDP governors who stole their ways to power and who have cornered the paper as their mouthpiece against the people of the South West. We are not surprised that The Tribune is going out of its ways to cook false stories and fictions with the purpose of creating confusion in the ACN.
[b]
We want our teeming supporters to note that The Tribune's present dance of shame started during the June 12 debacle when the paper worked frenetically against the interests of progressive Nigerians who were demanding for the restoration of the mandate of Chief M.K.O Abiola. We want them to know that The Tribune has never departed from being the mouthpiece of the PDP in its twelve horrendous rape of Nigeria and for this yeoman's job, the paper has curried so much illicit patronage but has lost the moral right to pretend to represent the voices of Nigerians. We want Nigerians to see The Tribune as another cash-and-carry organ of the present misrule of the PDP and treat its tendentious stories as such.

We want to let the teeming supporters of the ACN to know that the stories The Tribune are dishing out about ACN presently are entirely false and do not reflect what is going on in our party and are merely regurgitated wishes of the PDP in its desperate wish to hold on to power by all means. We want Nigerians to know that The Tribune is one with the PDP in its effort to retains power for the purpose of robbing and dehumanizing Nigerians. We want to let Nigerians know that The Tribune at present is ruled by inordinate hunger for illicit patronage from the PDP both at the center and in the South West. We want to let South Westerners know that the glory has departed from The Tribune as it no longer cares about good name but what comes to it from the PDP font of illicit resources and for this, it is ready to do any dirty job. We want all to treat Tribune's recent hatchet jobs on the ACN as the desperate effort of a paper that is deficient in morality and principle to please its beneficiaries and we are sure these dirty jobs will fail, just as the PDP failed in twelve years to use power to better the lives of Nigerians.[/b]

Joe Igbokwe.

Publicity Secretary,

Lagos ACN.

http://www.elombah.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5131:the-glory-has-long-departed-from-the-nigerian-tribune-says-lagos-acn&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=67
Re: Itsekiri Leaders Disown Omatseye by Nobody: 8:21am On Jun 14, 2011
Yeah Awo means a great deal to the good for nothing itsekiris but by the time the present Olu dies, Awo's work will be dislodged and the itsekiri's put where they belong in the scheme of things. The next olu will be crowned olu of itsekiri and not olu of warri. He should go deep into the riverine area where is his ancestral throne. The land on which his palace is even built is rented land. At the right time, that palace will be taken over by a king who rules over that vicinity and the next olu coronated in the creeks grin
Re: Itsekiri Leaders Disown Omatseye by siokpe: 4:25pm On Jun 20, 2011
It is unfortunate that the boy called Omatseye can be used to insult his grand mother. This Awo must be respected by all Yoruba race. Awo spent his life building Education, infrastructure etc that give Yorubas an upper leverage. Most of Yorubas are what they are today including Omatseye and the peolpe that sent him to use his pen carelessly under the cover of stupid journalism. Awolowo made the Olu of Itsekiri to rule over the entire warri because of Yoruba connection. This is absurd, I expect the boy to wear sacloth and pour ashes on himself to atone for his sins. God Chose Awo for Yoruba and it is not heriditary hence his biological children be not have been incarnated. Those who are building political empires of wife, children and inlaws will soon discover that empires built on selfishness and greed not similar to Awo will fail. I am not of Yoruba Stuf, but know that Awo did more that SARDUANA in our defunct region who was busy looking and creating Emirates that he Lord over Northern minorities which we see the boomerang tearing the north into pieces or Zik who did not set a clear agenda for the East. I think Omatseye should not accept to be a messenger to be used to insult a grandma.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos Of President Goodluck Jonathan's 54th Birthday And Thanksgiving Service. / The Significance Of Late Dim Ojukwu; Ikemba, In The Political Evolution Of Nig / My Take On Buhari's Declaration - Cramjones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.