Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,093 members, 7,899,912 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 10:24 PM

Judge To Lawyer: You’re Not On Channels TV Don’t Stand Before Me & Talk Nonsense - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Judge To Lawyer: You’re Not On Channels TV Don’t Stand Before Me & Talk Nonsense (41398 Views)

You’re Not On Channels TV, Don’t Stand Before Me And Talk Nonsense – Aks Judge / You’re Not On Channels TV, Don’t Stand Before Me And Talk Nonsense – Aks Judge / "You Call Yourself A Benin Man, Yet You Stand Before Our Oba Wearing A Cap" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Judge To Lawyer: You’re Not On Channels TV Don’t Stand Before Me & Talk Nonsense by blowjohn(m): 2:24pm On Dec 03, 2021
thecommunist:
Typical of people in Nigeria, They always think they are superior and know it all.
as long as what he said is true, Madam, please shut up and comply with the provisions of the constitution!

So was what he said true?

U mean sentiments should overide rules?
Re: Judge To Lawyer: You’re Not On Channels TV Don’t Stand Before Me & Talk Nonsense by emae009(m): 2:25pm On Dec 03, 2021
seunmsg:

Just imagine the kind of useless judgement a state High court judge gave in favor of a PDP governor against a critic of his government. If Buhari or an APC governor had used the judiciary to obtain this kind of insane judgement against a critic, the entire social media would be on fire.

Just imagine what a tyrant like Udom Emmanuel would do to opposition and government critics if he’s given power at the federal level. I really pity those who were too young or have forgotten the kind of right abuses that PDP perpetrated in the 16 unproductive years they ruled Nigeria. I hope we don’t get to see such calamitous years ever again.

sentiment only works in the court of public opinion. In the law court, you need evidence and undeniable proof.
Re: Judge To Lawyer: You’re Not On Channels TV Don’t Stand Before Me & Talk Nonsense by freegaza(m): 2:25pm On Dec 03, 2021
I love this woman!!!
Re: Judge To Lawyer: You’re Not On Channels TV Don’t Stand Before Me & Talk Nonsense by flokii: 2:26pm On Dec 03, 2021
ActuaRise696969:

Abuse of office for telling a lawyer not to whip sentiments?

He is supposed to be begging for his plea to be accepted, instead of teaching a judge her job.

Okay.. let's assume the lawyer erred or something, I believe there are legal ways and languages to use in court to correct such mistakes without the judge sounding political or mean.
Just my own opinion tho.

2 Likes

Re: Judge To Lawyer: You’re Not On Channels TV Don’t Stand Before Me & Talk Nonsense by Elidrisy20: 2:27pm On Dec 03, 2021
Hope say him no be fake lawyer
Re: Judge To Lawyer: You’re Not On Channels TV Don’t Stand Before Me & Talk Nonsense by AfroKnight: 2:27pm On Dec 03, 2021
A biased judge on state government payroll trying to bully a lawyer in a case involving the same state government.

The lawyer already knows he will be frustrated in court.

When a judge starts to say you can t teach me my job or I’ve been a judge for 30 years, you know mago mago is about to enter the case.

3 Likes

Re: Judge To Lawyer: You’re Not On Channels TV Don’t Stand Before Me & Talk Nonsense by ginggerxy: 2:27pm On Dec 03, 2021
seunmsg:

Just imagine the kind of useless judgement a state High court judge gave in favor of a PDP governor against a critic of his government. If Buhari or an APC governor had used the judiciary to obtain this kind of insane judgement against a critic, the entire social media would be on fire.

Just imagine what a tyrant like Udom Emmanuel would do to opposition and government critics if he’s given power at the federal level. I really pity those who were too young or have forgotten the kind of right abuses that PDP perpetrated in the 16 unproductive years they ruled Nigeria. I hope we don’t get to see such calamitous years ever again.
for sure we've compared and contrasted between the 16 years of PDP and the 6 years of living in bondage under your witches coven called APC , and sane Nigerians have decided to choose life instead of death (which is the only thing APC is known for)

3 Likes

Re: Judge To Lawyer: You’re Not On Channels TV Don’t Stand Before Me & Talk Nonsense by Hillarie(m): 2:29pm On Dec 03, 2021
ominilongest:
mtcheeeew boring I better call saul

Saul Goodman (AKA Slipping Jimmy)

You Sabi better thing, boss!
Re: Judge To Lawyer: You’re Not On Channels TV Don’t Stand Before Me & Talk Nonsense by Way4orward: 2:29pm On Dec 03, 2021
What are you saying?

seunmsg:

1 Like

Re: Judge To Lawyer: You’re Not On Channels TV Don’t Stand Before Me & Talk Nonsense by Ikinternational: 2:30pm On Dec 03, 2021
seunmsg:

Guy you n sense are such enemies.

This is an obvious personality clash. Yet your argument is against a group. Because apc has no human rights violations abi? How many ex pdp members dey that apc ? Do they have a dna cleansing requirement for switching parties?

Any person that talks as if both parties are not rubbish is not a sane Nigerian. Simple as that!

4 Likes

Re: Judge To Lawyer: You’re Not On Channels TV Don’t Stand Before Me & Talk Nonsense by emae009(m): 2:33pm On Dec 03, 2021
flokii:

Okay.. let's assume the lawyer erred or something, I believe there are legal ways and languages to use in court to correct such mistakes without the judge sounding political or mean.
Just my own opinion tho.

What do you mean. It's her court as long as she is the judge. It's her right to say anything she wants and interpret judgment as she sees fit in line with the constitution and argument presented.
Re: Judge To Lawyer: You’re Not On Channels TV Don’t Stand Before Me & Talk Nonsense by slimghost(m): 2:33pm On Dec 03, 2021
The judge should excuse herself. She is already prejudiced

2 Likes

Re: Judge To Lawyer: You’re Not On Channels TV Don’t Stand Before Me & Talk Nonsense by ActuaRise696969: 2:34pm On Dec 03, 2021
flokii:

Just my own opinion tho.

She is Political of course. She is hired by the State to defend the administration.

That is what she is paid for, to protect the governing officers.

Her language is direct, the particular lawyer is a political and human right lawyer. And he is very good too, but this judgment is a punishment on the accused.

We all know he doesn't have 1.5b so those who use him to lambast the governor should loose some money.

It is called silencing zero evidence opposition. We need opposition but have evidence cos if people keep accusing without evidence it will derail the governing of state.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Judge To Lawyer: You’re Not On Channels TV Don’t Stand Before Me & Talk Nonsense by bergs2: 2:41pm On Dec 03, 2021
Instead of all these long story, you for just upload the video.
Or are you waiting to the white paper sanction?
Re: Judge To Lawyer: You’re Not On Channels TV Don’t Stand Before Me & Talk Nonsense by onunwa21(m): 2:51pm On Dec 03, 2021
seunmsg:

Yes ooo & I hope APC is doing very well
We remain with APC

1 Like

Re: Judge To Lawyer: You’re Not On Channels TV Don’t Stand Before Me & Talk Nonsense by Apst: 2:51pm On Dec 03, 2021
seunmsg:

How many protest did the PDP government clamp down for 16 years? In less than 6 years u shut down human rights to rally or protest and u talk of human rights. Anyone who goes against this government for the the past 2 years always run for their lives where is hyndeyin or what's his name again? So if u talk of human rights don't compare this government to previous ones only gunmi have the authority to spew trash any other person is tagged a terrorist or separatist and declared wanted if igboho had done or said half of what gunmi said he would have been long dead. To all of u who supports this government of blood and killings one way or the other ur punishments will be swifter than the winds

2 Likes

Re: Judge To Lawyer: You’re Not On Channels TV Don’t Stand Before Me & Talk Nonsense by Orangedreams: 3:00pm On Dec 03, 2021
You go fear fear now.

Abeg check my signature for your properties.
Re: Judge To Lawyer: You’re Not On Channels TV Don’t Stand Before Me & Talk Nonsense by ohosi4real(m): 3:14pm On Dec 03, 2021
Maxymilliano:
Lol. So it's on Channels and Akwa Ibom TV you can stand and say nonsense grin grin grin
She was referring it to Festus keyamo who say nonsense on endsar in channel tv.
Re: Judge To Lawyer: You’re Not On Channels TV Don’t Stand Before Me & Talk Nonsense by flexshop(m): 3:15pm On Dec 03, 2021
seunmsg:

With the type of crazy inflation this APC government is condoning, I prefer we either go back to pre-2015 or pre-colonization
Abi you don’t use the same markets we use?

1 Like

Re: Judge To Lawyer: You’re Not On Channels TV Don’t Stand Before Me & Talk Nonsense by ogundeleai(m): 3:19pm On Dec 03, 2021
Very good stand... Most of the Nigeria are just tv pundit...a good example is falana.
Hardly you see Akintola, on TV just to make themselves popular or bogus human rights crusader..
The absence of good lawyer is why Nigeria is finding it difficult to interpret sack lackluster super eagle technical adviser in other to send him parking...
Once they consistently appearing on seun okin program they tag them renown Nigeria legal luminary and not achievement in the court of law
Re: Judge To Lawyer: You’re Not On Channels TV Don’t Stand Before Me & Talk Nonsense by Lordedifice1: 3:23pm On Dec 03, 2021
Very rude
Sapien
Re: Judge To Lawyer: You’re Not On Channels TV Don’t Stand Before Me & Talk Nonsense by Odidigboigbo(m): 3:34pm On Dec 03, 2021
seunmsg:

Maybe Buhari, you and all his supporters would have been in jailed by now for their silly and baseless criticism against PDP government then. Maybe you have forgotten that PDP was first in power and was wrongfully criticised by APC and their supporters before APC got into power.

2 Likes

Re: Judge To Lawyer: You’re Not On Channels TV Don’t Stand Before Me & Talk Nonsense by stasius: 3:42pm On Dec 03, 2021
Madam don't mind him. angry grin grin

He thinks he is on nairaland

1 Like

Re: Judge To Lawyer: You’re Not On Channels TV Don’t Stand Before Me & Talk Nonsense by Treasure17(m): 3:43pm On Dec 03, 2021
Sammy07:

What do u mean?

So because a VC and some of this colleagues are professors means he shouldn't talk to Dem in that manner?

Or HOD to lecturer?
Still doesn't justify her utterances. Cause they are both on same pedestal in terms of qualifications gives her the leverage to talk that way? It's unacceptable by me. Maturity and professionalism should supersede any form of emotional outburst.

1 Like

Re: Judge To Lawyer: You’re Not On Channels TV Don’t Stand Before Me & Talk Nonsense by iFESTAC680(m): 3:48pm On Dec 03, 2021
You see ehnnn!!! I love that young man

But I have told him, Bobo, with the condition of Nigeria it's not all jobs you collect
Re: Judge To Lawyer: You’re Not On Channels TV Don’t Stand Before Me & Talk Nonsense by Munamu: 3:54pm On Dec 03, 2021
Maxymilliano:
‘You’re not on Channels TV, don’t stand before me and talk nonsense,’ judge lashes out at lawyer

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/498729-youre-not-on-channels-tv-dont-stand-before-me-and-talk-nonsense-judge-lashes-out-at-lawyer.html?fbclid=IwAR3vrS1saCwb3jjDpw10bciHVMp56T8434PWX2UvEN06xuSiEt8dguSGF6E

Obviously the judgement was given in default. The judgement can be set aside by the same court if reasonable reason is given for contempt of the court. in this case, the defence councel said he was not notified about the adjournment. thus the defendant has reason under section 36 of 1999 constitution. The preliminary objection of jurisdiction raised by the claimant is understandable, because a default judgment is also a binding judgement. But it can be set aside by the same court,or a superior court.
In this case, the claimant is insisting that a judgement has been passed, and only the appeal court can set it aside. The defendant is insisting that the court can still set aside its judgement, because its violate section 36 of 1999 constitution. In high court procedural rules, preliminary objections are taken first before others, and that is the position of the judge. "De minimis non curat lex" ,the law does not concern itself with trivalities. Don't quote if you are not a SAN pls.

1 Like

Re: Judge To Lawyer: You’re Not On Channels TV Don’t Stand Before Me & Talk Nonsense by Odidigboigbo(m): 3:58pm On Dec 03, 2021
peddy231:

I am telling you...Something that is an elementary principle of law that where there are two competing applications; one to bring life or resuscitate a matter and the other to destroy the matter, the application to bring life will be taken first. Me confuse for wetin Chief Judge dey talk oh.
Mr. Lawyer, which law school did you graduate from? Jurisdiction come first in any legal issue. Beside, even a layman knows that you have only 3 months (90 days) windows to appeal any judgement, after that it becomes binding on you. This was a judgement delivered almost a year ago.
Re: Judge To Lawyer: You’re Not On Channels TV Don’t Stand Before Me & Talk Nonsense by mediainc: 4:27pm On Dec 03, 2021
Someone have to be checking the checkers, check and balance across board is key...we all know the system runs by politics...well, that is why we have a supreme court.
Re: Judge To Lawyer: You’re Not On Channels TV Don’t Stand Before Me & Talk Nonsense by Moneyboyz: 4:53pm On Dec 03, 2021
Just like every agent, there is a commission to me made.
Dirty corrupt fat pig.
Re: Judge To Lawyer: You’re Not On Channels TV Don’t Stand Before Me & Talk Nonsense by Testimony1988(m): 5:02pm On Dec 03, 2021
The Judge should take things easy.
Re: Judge To Lawyer: You’re Not On Channels TV Don’t Stand Before Me & Talk Nonsense by AgricMaster: 5:05pm On Dec 03, 2021
autolearner:

lawyer dat talk like doctor na suuwegbeeee
according to fela
Re: Judge To Lawyer: You’re Not On Channels TV Don’t Stand Before Me & Talk Nonsense by zoomzoom(m): 5:07pm On Dec 03, 2021
[quote author=seunmsg post=108176004]

We are in HEAVEN with those who took over.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos :gov. Amaechi Again!!!! Wonders Shall Never Be In Short Supply / Atiku: This Is Real Gym With Certified Instructors (Throwback Photos) / Have You Seen This Mistake Aljazera Made About The Governor Of Akwa Ibom?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.