Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,660 members, 7,979,247 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 02:37 AM

Be Settled As A Couple Before Giving Birth - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Be Settled As A Couple Before Giving Birth (390 Views)

Should A Man Consult His Wife Before Giving Money To His Own Mother? / Man Helps His Brother In Giving Birth To 3 Kids With His Wife, While He's Away / My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Be Settled As A Couple Before Giving Birth by cooooooks(m): 3:28am On Dec 04, 2021
There is pressure on Nigerian youth, at home and abroad, to produce offspring virtually immediately after the wedding.

I think this approach is unnecessary and dangerous, especially for women.

This expected pressure seems to be baked into marriage calculations by both the finance provider and providee. People wait to be "buoyant enough" before marriage because they expect to cater for their spouse and imminent children.

There are benefits to marriage beyond giving birth. I fear that many lose these potential benefits either by marrying late, marrying someone who they are actually compatible with, or bringing kids they cannot cater for at the time, into the world.

https://imgur.com/fENwEr3

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Be Settled As A Couple Before Giving Birth by Loreettaa: 12:34pm On Dec 04, 2021
If them like, make them no hear.
"Children are a blessing from God"
How come rich people, on the average have fewer children than poor people? Abi, who no like blessing from God?

1 Like

Re: Be Settled As A Couple Before Giving Birth by Mariangeles(f): 1:02pm On Dec 04, 2021
The truth is, most people these days marry because of pregnancy (the "responsible" ones that is), otherwise, they don't see the need to marry when they have sex anyways.
Pregnancy is the new engagement ring. smiley

(1) (Reply)

Man Drags His Mum To Court Over His Late Father's Property / Today Is My Birthday.. Pls Wish Me Well / Accommodation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.