Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,044 members, 7,949,549 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 01:00 PM

In The 80s, The Price Of This Car Was Less Than ₦4000 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / In The 80s, The Price Of This Car Was Less Than ₦4000 (2195 Views)

Bouncer Laments After His Car Was Disfigured By Boys He Bounced In Edo (Video) / Which Car Was Your First Car? / Help!! This Car Was Stolen In Onitsha This Morning (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In The 80s, The Price Of This Car Was Less Than ₦4000 by dubaino(m): 8:32am On Dec 04, 2021
In the early 80s, the price of this was less than ₦4000

Those of you in your 40s now

Why was your dad unable to buy this tortoise car?

Him no get money na

Same reason you can't afford ₦2m Toyota car now

Which will become like this Tortoise car in cost value in 40yrs time

Point is

There was no "when Nigeria was good"

No time was life better

In fact, life was more difficult, years back

What makes a time or season better for you, among other factors, is the opportunity you identified, maximized and sustained or divested.
Copied

2 Likes

Re: In The 80s, The Price Of This Car Was Less Than ₦4000 by Tobichuks08: 8:35am On Dec 04, 2021
dubaino:

Him no get money na

Point is

No time was life better

What makes a time or season better for you, among other factors, is the opportunity you identified, maximized and sustained or divested.
Copied
in the 80's
4000 naira is like 5 million now considering the inflation rate.
Your right Nigeria has never been better but there were more opportunities in the 80's for the educated ones than now..
But I guess only the rich could attend this schools

5 Likes

Re: In The 80s, The Price Of This Car Was Less Than ₦4000 by heniford2: 8:46am On Dec 04, 2021
Speechless life is so bleeped up undecided
Re: In The 80s, The Price Of This Car Was Less Than ₦4000 by Deborah98(f): 8:56am On Dec 04, 2021
There was no time life was better in Nigeria but it was fairer then. My uncle bought it for his wife I can remember. @Op oil dey your head,life in Nigeria is just by God's grace.
Re: In The 80s, The Price Of This Car Was Less Than ₦4000 by lordm(m): 11:56am On Dec 04, 2021
And you think they the same salaries then and now?

1 Like

Re: In The 80s, The Price Of This Car Was Less Than ₦4000 by Snitch24(m): 12:10pm On Dec 04, 2021
4000naira then should be about 2.5million today
Re: In The 80s, The Price Of This Car Was Less Than ₦4000 by Peppermintflav: 5:02pm On Dec 04, 2021
Who said life wasn't better then? Then generators were for villages where there was no electricity. But now if you don't have like 2 or 3 in the city you never start. I remember then.. Nepa would announce power outage for days on the radio b4 they switch off power, just to carry out repairs.
As a civil servant then you could feed a family of 8 pay their school fees, pay house rent, medicals etc, all on salary and still save some to buy land and build house, But you and I know that your salary now for the month will finish on transport and feeding b4 the next pay check, not to talk about house rent and other bills.
People were honest then,
Life wasn't this hard then.

6 Likes

Re: In The 80s, The Price Of This Car Was Less Than ₦4000 by Timagex(m): 5:33pm On Dec 04, 2021
Omooo
Re: In The 80s, The Price Of This Car Was Less Than ₦4000 by sultaan(m): 4:46am On Dec 05, 2021
For those who didn't know we had Kingsway, Leventis, satis,fan milk. TCTC had buses and trains running in Ibadan. UI zoo was fun.

We are mere shadow of ourselves.

FYI my father bought Volvo from Leventis

Do you know we had Oluwalogbon motors

1 Like

Re: In The 80s, The Price Of This Car Was Less Than ₦4000 by EgunMogaji2: 4:59am On Dec 05, 2021
Nigeria was much better in the 80’s than now. In Oke Ado, Ibadan we had pipe borne water. No okadas, taxis were mostly brand new, not shyte cut up Korope and Micra.

In Ibadan where I grew up we had Kingsway with 5 floors of shopping, 2 huge Leventis stores, 1 UTC. For movies we had Queens, Scala, Odeon, and one more.

The only thing good about todays Nigeria is telecom. Before I left Nigeria at 20 years old I’ve had 3 powerbikes and 2 used cars.

5 Likes

Re: In The 80s, The Price Of This Car Was Less Than ₦4000 by sultaan(m): 5:19am On Dec 05, 2021
EgunMogaji2:
Nigeria was much better in the 80’s than now. In Oke Ado, Ibadan we had pipe borne water. No okadas, taxis were mostly brand new, not shyte cut up Korope and Micra.

In Ibadan where I grew up we had Kingsway with 5 floors of shopping, 2 huge Leventis stores, 1 UTC. For movies we had Queens, Scala, Odeon, and one more.

The only thing good about todays Nigeria is telecom. Before I left Nigeria at 20 years old I’ve had 3 powerbikes and 2 used cars.

Movie theater with Ooni's statue in front.
When was the last time anyone had to pay their water bill.

How many was at EXPOYO 85. Watch polo played anywhere
Re: In The 80s, The Price Of This Car Was Less Than ₦4000 by Heroicvic(m): 7:47am On Dec 05, 2021
This same has been causing arguments in my neighborhood and I always stand my ground whenever anyone comes to tell me irrelevances
How in the world would you say life then was better?
If you're given opportunity to go back to olden days, would you accept it?
Folks let's not deceive ourselves life now is great and the future will be better
.Crypto is one of the best thing that has ever happened to humanity
.Technology is advancing every minute
.Health section are not left behind

Now back to the original discussion @op put up, do you have the slightest idea of how many under 20 youths drives this ₦2m Toyota car you made mention?
you said life was easy then but how many tortoise Volkswagen were on the road then?
Billionaire today will turn trillionaire tomorrow..
Phones, cars, houses, many good things will advance as time comes

Youth are hitting it better now (not mentioning fraud tho) but you choose life in the 80s?

Common this is to show that you're still living in your past
Think ahead and see the the glory beyond

IF AFTER ALL THESE EPISTLES YOU'RE NOT CONVINCED, THEN PLEASE GO BACK TO THE OLDEN DAYS YOU MENTIONED AND LET'S BREATHE PLEASE

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: In The 80s, The Price Of This Car Was Less Than ₦4000 by juniorstar(m): 8:19am On Dec 05, 2021
dubaino:

Him no get money na

Point is

No time was life better

Copied
Lol..there was actually a time Nigeria was better..then things were based on merit..you work hard you get paid, you studied hard you graduate and a job is waiting for you..cheap loans were available..not these 50percent per annum type of loans these days designed to make one poor..in the US I learnt of Zero interest loan for the first time last year..how cool is that..great for business..dont know if it has existed before..my pops had this then a 504 and 505 Peugeot.
Re: In The 80s, The Price Of This Car Was Less Than ₦4000 by Heroicvic(m): 9:15am On Dec 05, 2021
The only reason why life was better then was because you are not part of today
How will you keep shouting salary back then when we all know no salary earner can ever become a billionaire now and after

Please think business and invest in crypto and real estate so that you can be prepared for tomorrow and you'll not be shouting Buhari regime was better if another president emerge

My two cent for everyone

1 Like

Re: In The 80s, The Price Of This Car Was Less Than ₦4000 by sultaan(m): 9:45pm On Dec 05, 2021
Heroicvic:
How will you keep shouting salary back then when we all know no salary earner can ever become a billionaire now and after

Please think business and invest in crypto and real estate so that you can be prepared for tomorrow and you'll not be shouting Buhari regime was better if another president emerge

My two cent for everyone

How many Nigerian manufacturers are around now?
What happened to UAC, Cadbury and all the textile companies of the 80's.

You are here trying to sell crypo made in your area, or develop your family land into real estate to sell.

You kids of the 90's born into sufferings will never be able to imagine what Nigeria was like.

1 Like

Re: In The 80s, The Price Of This Car Was Less Than ₦4000 by Dozieson(m): 7:47am On Dec 06, 2021
Heroicvic:

My two cent for everyone

How many people are making it in crypto?

Alot of people have lost money on crypto.

To make it in crypto, you need massive funding which an average Nigerian cannot afford
Re: In The 80s, The Price Of This Car Was Less Than ₦4000 by Heroicvic(m): 6:07pm On Dec 06, 2021
I won't fail to reply this quote intelligently and add information that can help even though you sound so stupid

You're quoting companies that went bankrupt which is normal and it happens around the globe but fail to mention those that soared higher and excelled

We children born in suffering in the 90's as you stated are doing better now
What now happens to you 70yrs old man grin

You need to be informed sir, you don't have to have millions before you make it
You can start from the scratch and scale up and be mindful of puna coz you seem like someone who has an separate apartment in brothels

WHAT DID YOU DO WHEN THE GREATEST TRANSFORMATION OF WEALTH IN HISTORY HAPPENED (Your grandchildren will ask you this bet me)
Re: In The 80s, The Price Of This Car Was Less Than ₦4000 by Heroicvic(m): 6:14pm On Dec 06, 2021
I just added an information that may be of help not for you only but for everyone
Did I told you to reach me via my signature? NO
Did I send my contacts or email? NO

Let's respect ourselves and be guided please

If you sense a trap or scam in my words please just ignore afterall I'm not the one suffering grin
Re: In The 80s, The Price Of This Car Was Less Than ₦4000 by Dozieson(m): 6:34pm On Dec 06, 2021
Heroicvic:
I won't fail to reply this quote intelligently and add information that can help even though you sound so stupid

You're quoting companies that went bankrupt which is normal and it happens around the globe but fail to mention those that soared higher and excelled

We children born in suffering in the 90's as you stated are doing better now
What now happens to you 70yrs old man grin

You need to be informed sir, you don't have to have millions before you make it
You can start from the scratch and scale up and be mindful of puna coz you seem like someone who has an separate apartment in brothels

WHAT DID YOU DO WHEN THE GREATEST TRANSFORMATION OF WEALTH IN HISTORY HAPPENED (Your grandchildren will ask you this bet me)

You are a big time criminal. From your write up, it obvious you are a scammer. Crypto guru's don't talk foolishly. Children of the 90's doing better I have bookmark your name on this forum
Re: In The 80s, The Price Of This Car Was Less Than ₦4000 by Heroicvic(m): 6:50pm On Dec 06, 2021
You're pained grin grin grin
Crypto gurus don't talk foolishly? You mean I should answer to every insult threw at me? grin

I don't have time for losers since you don't want to get the sermon and moreover when did I mention that I'm a Crypto guru?

Enjoy your miserable life grin
Re: In The 80s, The Price Of This Car Was Less Than ₦4000 by Dozieson(m): 6:54pm On Dec 06, 2021
Heroicvic:
You're pained grin grin grin
Crypto gurus don't talk foolishly? You mean I should answer to every insult threw at me? grin

I don't have time for losers since you don't want to get the sermon and moreover when did I mention that I'm a Crypto guru?

Enjoy your miserable life grin

Can you engage me on crypto?
I will school you?
How much have you made on the coinmarket?
Let us talk crypto
Re: In The 80s, The Price Of This Car Was Less Than ₦4000 by Heroicvic(m): 7:39pm On Dec 06, 2021
I said I don't have time for losers
Go and school your parents
Re: In The 80s, The Price Of This Car Was Less Than ₦4000 by Dozieson(m): 7:42pm On Dec 06, 2021
Heroicvic:
I said I don't have time for losers
Go and school your parents

You are so dumb! You are now involving parents? That's how to know a child who lacks proper parenting and home training. If you don't respect your parents, don't show it to the public. You shouted crypto and you cannot even engage me on it? Tueehhhhhh!
Re: In The 80s, The Price Of This Car Was Less Than ₦4000 by Nobody: 8:07pm On Dec 10, 2021
Peppermintflav:
Who said life wasn't better then? Then generators were for villages where there was no electricity. But now if you don't have like 2 or 3 in the city you never start. I remember then.. Nepa would announce power outage for days on the radio b4 they switch off power, just to carry out repairs.
As a civil servant then you could feed a family of 8 pay their school fees, pay house rent, medicals etc, all on salary and still save some to buy land and build house, But you and I know that your salary now for the month will finish on transport and feeding b4 the next pay check, not to talk about house rent and other bills.
People were honest then,
Life wasn't this hard then.

Re: In The 80s, The Price Of This Car Was Less Than ₦4000 by Nobody: 8:09pm On Dec 10, 2021
Heroicvic:
This same has been causing arguments in my neighborhood and I always stand my ground whenever anyone comes to tell me irrelevances
How in the world would you say life then was better?
If you're given opportunity to go back to olden days, would you accept it?
Folks let's not deceive ourselves life now is great and the future will be better
.Crypto is one of the best thing that has ever happened to humanity
.Technology is advancing every minute
.Health section are not left behind

Now back to the original discussion @op put up, do you have the slightest idea of how many under 20 youths drives this ₦2m Toyota car you made mention?
you said life was easy then but how many tortoise Volkswagen were on the road then?
Billionaire today will turn trillionaire tomorrow..
Phones, cars, houses, many good things will advance as time comes

Youth are hitting it better now (not mentioning fraud tho) but you choose life in the 80s?

Common this is to show that you're still living in your past
Think ahead and see the the glory beyond

IF AFTER ALL THESE EPISTLES YOU'RE NOT CONVINCED, THEN PLEASE GO BACK TO THE OLDEN DAYS YOU MENTIONED AND LET'S BREATHE PLEASE

Na small boy dey worry you!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My Toyota Corolla Jerks On Motion / Please Recommend A Car For My Friend / Relationship Between RPM And Fuel Consumption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.