Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,862 members, 7,945,756 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 05:30 AM

Can This Be True? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can This Be True? (335 Views)

Could This Pix Be True About The Current Situation In Nigeria? / Could It Be True That Kwankwaso Scammed Atiku? Photo / BREAKING News!-top Secret Reveled, Nigerians Are Asking Could This Be True? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can This Be True? by LifeOfTrigga(m): 9:31am On Dec 04, 2021
It’s a shame, not only nigeria is corrupt but whole of Africa!

Re: Can This Be True? by Bigredmachine: 9:32am On Dec 04, 2021
This is so true...
Re: Can This Be True? by Nobody: 10:34am On Dec 04, 2021
You my friend flying with me and all your kind are lazy,” he said. “When you rest your head on the pillow you don’t dream big. You and other so-called African intellectuals are damn lazy, each one of you. It is you, and not those poor starving people, who is the reason Africa is in such a deplorable state.”

“That’s not a nice thing to say,” I protested.

He was implacable. “Oh yes it is and I will say it again, you are lazy. Poor and uneducated Africans are the most hardworking people on earth. I saw them in the Lusaka markets and on the street selling merchandise. I saw them in villages toiling away. I saw women on Kafue Road crushing stones for sell and I wept. I said to myself where are the Zambian intellectuals? Are the Zambian engineers so imperceptive they cannot invent a simple stone crusher, or a simple water filter to purify well water for those poor villagers? Are you telling me that after thirty-seven years of independence your university school of engineering has not produced a scientist or an engineer who can make simple small machines for mass use? What is the school there for?”

I held my breath.

“Do you know where I found your intellectuals? They were in bars quaffing. They were at the Lusaka Golf Club, Lusaka Central Club, Lusaka Playhouse, and Lusaka Flying Club. I saw with my own eyes a bunch of alcoholic graduates. Zambian intellectuals work from eight to five and spend the evening drinking. We don’t. We reserve the evening for brainstorming.”

He looked me in the eye.

“And you flying to Boston and all of you Zambians in the Diaspora are just as lazy and apathetic to your country. You don’t care about your country and yet your very own parents, brothers and sisters are in Mtendere, Chawama, and in villages, all of them living in squalor. Many have died or are dying of neglect by you. They are dying of AIDS because you cannot come up with your own cure. You are here calling yourselves graduates, researchers and scientists and are fast at articulating your credentials once asked—oh, I have a PhD in this and that—PhD my foot!”

I was deflated.

“Wake up you all!” he exclaimed, attracting the attention of nearby passengers. “You should be busy lifting ideas, formulae, recipes, and diagrams from American manufacturing factories and sending them to your own factories. All those research findings and dissertation papers you compile should be your country’s treasure. Why do you think the Asians are a force to reckon with? They stole our ideas and turned them into their own. Look at Japan, China, India, just look at them

SAUCE
Re: Can This Be True? by Danjikanbauchi: 11:57am On Dec 04, 2021
This almost brought tears to my eyes. Not just Zambia but Africa as a whole,
Re: Can This Be True? by 10kgod(m): 6:04pm On Dec 04, 2021
100%

(1) (Reply)

Hon. Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi And Self Hate / Buhari Resign, You’ve Run Out Of Ideas To Subdue Terrorists / 2023 ;power Should Go To South-east –arewa Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.