Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,144 members, 7,977,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 03:50 AM

#DowenCollege: Bad Parenting Vs Bad School Training. Which Is To Blame? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / #DowenCollege: Bad Parenting Vs Bad School Training. Which Is To Blame? (18729 Views)

BAD PARENTING: Mother Twerks Live In Front Of Her Baby (VIDEO) / Good or bad parenting: Young Boy Steals Meat And Blames Devil For It / Is My Mom To Blame For The Irresponsibility Of A 26 Year Old lady? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #DowenCollege: Bad Parenting Vs Bad School Training. Which Is To Blame? by ThatFairGuy: 5:31pm On Dec 05, 2021
No, I STRONGLY DISAGREE.

I can tell you that no matter how, a well trained kid can never be influence by badly trained ones. This is my personal experience
donbachi:
I will give it to peer pressure.yes!

A good kid from a good home,with good parenting,in a good school.can meet bad eggs.that can lure them into some shiits.in the name of friendship.

2 Likes

Re: #DowenCollege: Bad Parenting Vs Bad School Training. Which Is To Blame? by fkj950ax(m): 5:49pm On Dec 05, 2021
ModelLook:

small secondary school kids of ages 11 to 16 shouldn't know anything that has to do with CULTISM at that age.

That the school is meant to train the students well and eradicate anything unlawfull in it. After all, the parents are paying huge sums of money for that.

To you, who is to blame in this case. Is it Bad Parenting or Bad School Training

What are your thoughts?

My thoughts.
At what age then should they learn about cultists?

The school is not to train, but to educate your child. Paying huge sums of money to train and educate your child shows the child lacks parental responsibility.
Re: #DowenCollege: Bad Parenting Vs Bad School Training. Which Is To Blame? by Testimony1988(m): 5:58pm On Dec 05, 2021
The first place where a child is being taught the difference between good and bad is the home, so the parents are to to blamed and not the school, but the school has its own part to play to continue instilling discipline in the students.
Re: #DowenCollege: Bad Parenting Vs Bad School Training. Which Is To Blame? by Shaddymie(f): 8:15pm On Dec 05, 2021
Majority of the rich kids are spoilt brat, the rich hardly scold their children let alone beat them, right from day one. You need to see how they talk down on their teachers for scolding not beating, the parent owns the bulk of the blame.
Hathor5:

How do we know their parents didn't discipline, correct or even beat them?

1 Like

Re: #DowenCollege: Bad Parenting Vs Bad School Training. Which Is To Blame? by Mrviktor(m): 8:44pm On Dec 05, 2021
Spherical77:
What are you saying biko? Kids of 2000s are today's parents wink

You funny no be small angry

Spherical77:
What are you saying biko? Kids of 2000s are today's parents wink

You funny no be small angry

The year 2000 was 20 years ago in case u have forgotten

A 20 year old boy in 2000 is now 40 years.
19 years is now 38.
18 year old is now 37
10 year old is now 30 years.
Re: #DowenCollege: Bad Parenting Vs Bad School Training. Which Is To Blame? by silibaba: 5:35am On Dec 06, 2021
ModelLook:
Looking at this Dowen College Saga.

How these evil young secondary school boys run a CULT group in the school and killed an innocent JSS1 boy.

How the parents quickly hide them from persecution.

How the school are covering the story up and hiding the identity of the boys and parents.

I am beginning to wonder, who is to blame for this whole situation.

Is it THE PARENTS OR THE SCHOOL?

Some people say Bad Parenting is the genesis of it all because if the parents are training their children well, small secondary school kids of ages 11 to 16 shouldn't know anything that has to do with CULTISM at that age.

Some say Bad School training is the genesis. That the school is meant to train the students well and eradicate anything unlawfull in it. After all, the parents are paying huge sums of money for that.

Some say none are to blame?

After all, Train up a Child in the way he should go.

To you, who is to blame in this case. Is it Bad Parenting or Bad School Training

What are your thoughts?

For me, parent should be hold responsible.

Most parent will see their children going the wrong way, but they will look away.
Re: #DowenCollege: Bad Parenting Vs Bad School Training. Which Is To Blame? by Oryen: 7:25am On Dec 06, 2021
A news that touch de hrt.
Question is who to blame for me ooo I believe this bad boys starting asking the boy to join them is not in one day it will take time before dey will come to conclusions to kill de boy since he refused. Now all de treat to him did he reported to school authority or his parents if he did and no action is taken therefore I will blame them but if he didn't is so bad of him
Re: #DowenCollege: Bad Parenting Vs Bad School Training. Which Is To Blame? by PROPHETmichael: 7:42am On Dec 06, 2021
Considering the fact that it's a boarding school, it's more of bad school training because those boys spent more time at school than with their parents.

After paying such amount to get your child train, the school let them down.
Re: #DowenCollege: Bad Parenting Vs Bad School Training. Which Is To Blame? by Nikapetrelli(f): 8:04am On Dec 06, 2021
sisisioge:

Exactly some parents can’t even correct their children and if someone else does it becomes an issue,which people no leave the children for their parents to do as the wish.The child keeps on growing badly behaved,you see a situation i child will slap the parents or the child will refuse to greet an elderly person after the parents asks them to greet yet the will bluntly refuse and the parents will laugh it.
The this language also leave him/her is a child that goes the child keeps growing everyday
My sister, I couldn't help crying.....it is so sad. Do you know that some parents are wary of correcting their erring kids in this same Nigeria? As in they dont want to get in that situation where they put their feet down and get the kids corrected because they dont want to seem to hash on their lovely kids. No one is saying you bring back those abusive beatings we took from our parents but hey....the good old rod will always discourage bad behaviour. See now....see our society, see the leaders we are breeding for tomorrow. Children are supposed to be sweet and innocent fa....people are now raising cold blooded killers! May God help us.
Re: #DowenCollege: Bad Parenting Vs Bad School Training. Which Is To Blame? by Nikapetrelli(f): 8:05am On Dec 06, 2021
silibaba:

For me, parent should be hold responsible.

Most parent will see their children going the wrong way, but they will look away.
Next thing you will hear it’s still a small child they don’t know anything
Re: #DowenCollege: Bad Parenting Vs Bad School Training. Which Is To Blame? by Acidosis(m): 8:14am On Dec 06, 2021
In a boarding setting, the school takes 80% of the blame. In a day school, the parents take 95%.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

/ Why Would A Man Stay In A Marriage If He Doesn't Love His Wife Anymore? / **ee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.