Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,087 members, 7,880,391 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:23 PM

Wizkid Wins 2 MOBO Awards, Breaks African Record. - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Wizkid Wins 2 MOBO Awards, Breaks African Record. (24956 Views)

Wizkid Wins First-Ever Grammy For ‘Brown Skin Girl’ / ‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record / Wizkid Wins MOBO Best International Act Awards, Beats Jay Z, Cardi B, Drake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wizkid Wins 2 MOBO Awards, Breaks African Record. by MufasaLion: 3:09pm On Dec 06, 2021
Vinnie2000:

I Suspect She is a Davido Fan!

They want to Hear 'I will buy Buggati for your Mama's or 'Your Waist go make me sing Blank Cheque' songs!.. cheesy cheesy
Our Naija Ladies Love Davido because of dis!

Wizkid Got no Time for such Trash again! He is Thinking of Bigger Things! smiley

Machala is like a time traveler. grin

He knows what people wanna listen to earlier than his colleagues.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Wins 2 MOBO Awards, Breaks African Record. by Commycool22: 3:10pm On Dec 06, 2021
see below
Re: Wizkid Wins 2 MOBO Awards, Breaks African Record. by Teripaul(m): 3:12pm On Dec 06, 2021
Dairys1234:

Disney owns dt song. It was a movie soundtrack with several musicians. It wasn't Beyonce's album, she only brought the artists together. I rmmber wizkid didn't even promote it. Then one day on Twitter when pple were questioning him during lockdown he jokingly said "Disney needs to give him millions of dollars". It was around the time he said Cuppy should send him dollars too cos he's bored. Disney owns dt music.

There were also over 8 African musicians on dt album. It was a level playing field for everyone featured, but we know which song blew pass. In fact I'm sure wizkid came up wt the direction on singing about a brown skin girl. He makes smart decisions like dt. And he won 2 songwriters award, along wt Beyonce and stJohn, for dt song.

burnaboy twice as fall won a grammy

if u want to talk abt award given, u make a point on a particular song that made him win grammy. . . Which wizkid song won a grammy? I didnt say the one he featured. . Stupid peoples
Re: Wizkid Wins 2 MOBO Awards, Breaks African Record. by MufasaLion: 3:12pm On Dec 06, 2021
Joshmuch:
These days, awards are given based on sentiments and perception. Same with Messi, same with Wizkid

Says a kid that has never won any awards in his life. Learn to win and not to condemn winners. This is not your Headies Award (Trash Award).

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Wins 2 MOBO Awards, Breaks African Record. by MufasaLion: 3:15pm On Dec 06, 2021
Teripaul:

if u want to talk abt award given, u make a point on a particular song that made him win grammy. . . Which wizkid song won a grammy? I didnt say the one he featured. . Stupid peoples

Shut up! It doesn't matter if he was featured. His contribution to the song was part of what made the song a success and the award to come through.

Don't let this your hatred crossover to 2022.

5 Likes

Re: Wizkid Wins 2 MOBO Awards, Breaks African Record. by MufasaLion: 3:15pm On Dec 06, 2021
KingAzari:
On top singing rubbish? Wizzy is overhyped.

Losers and excuse.

5 Likes

Re: Wizkid Wins 2 MOBO Awards, Breaks African Record. by yemmywesey(m): 3:17pm On Dec 06, 2021
Wizzy the real GOAT.

3 Likes

Re: Wizkid Wins 2 MOBO Awards, Breaks African Record. by MufasaLion: 3:17pm On Dec 06, 2021
Shetemi12:
Any time i remember Wizkid lived in surulere and made this far... I have higher hopes of becoming someone important in life

Bless up, man!
Re: Wizkid Wins 2 MOBO Awards, Breaks African Record. by MufasaLion: 3:20pm On Dec 06, 2021
Teripaul:
Pesin no go sing, them go carry award qive am. . See king promise, omah lay them. Na old papa them give award. . . Ojoro they dix MOBO Abi na ZOBO award. . Wizkid don fade. Make una qive upcomers and fresh people like rema, ayra, buju, fireboy, joeboy, cheque and co. . . Mtcheww. I hate stalement.

If we're to go apply your logic to many things in real life, the world would be in chaos.

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Wins 2 MOBO Awards, Breaks African Record. by MufasaLion: 3:21pm On Dec 06, 2021
IbadeHQ:

Na so....I love wizzy anyday any anytime but I just feel he belong to something very strong. My thought though!

Yes, he belongs to the caucus of the wise and smart people. Emulate that!

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Wins 2 MOBO Awards, Breaks African Record. by Dairys1234: 3:23pm On Dec 06, 2021
3gpvids:
Joeboy,Adekunle gold and Timaya for me did better this year
Those guys aren't international yet though. The thing with international awards is only those with solid international labels whose music is marketed across continents, are considered.

CKay and Rema/Ayra starr (Mavin artistes) have signed internationally. Adekunle Gold just signed an international deal a few months back. His numbers will start coming up soon like Rema. Tems just got signed to WizKids RCA. Mayorkun also just signed wt Sony music.

All the others like timaya, joeboy, Simi aren't signed so they cant even be considered. Funny thing is the reason wizkid signed his RCA deal after he left EME was because of the hate he was facing in the music industry cos the breakup was acrimonious. He didn't want haters to hold him down cos everyone was taking sides and then the davido beef also started. (Even samklef was asslicking bankyW against him but samklef has forgotten dt part).
He went intl, moved to America after his tour & did his 3rd album. Dt was the best decision of his life, cos if it was left to Nigerians, they would have thrown him out of the industry because of their faves. But he don pass them, dem no reach. He has achieved beyond their wildest dreams, wt grace & wtout complaints.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Wins 2 MOBO Awards, Breaks African Record. by Teripaul(m): 3:24pm On Dec 06, 2021
MufasaLion:

If we're to go apply your logic to many things in real life, the world would be in chaos.

who be diswan kwa?

Make i no threaten this one life before he catch tantrum. . .
Re: Wizkid Wins 2 MOBO Awards, Breaks African Record. by MufasaLion: 3:25pm On Dec 06, 2021
Teripaul:

who be diswan kwa?

Make i no threaten this one life before he catch tantrum. . .

Bring on your threat or zip up your filthy mouth!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wizkid Wins 2 MOBO Awards, Breaks African Record. by IbadeHQ: 3:27pm On Dec 06, 2021
MufasaLion:

Yes, he belongs to the caucus of the wise and smart people. Emulate that!

No be fight na....be calming down.
Re: Wizkid Wins 2 MOBO Awards, Breaks African Record. by MufasaLion: 3:27pm On Dec 06, 2021
Bvmsson:
The place that this guy belongs must be very powerful and potent..... You can't tell me that he is unassisted by spiritual forces..... I'll definitely not believe that...... By the way he is really doing well in the music industry..... Forever one of my favorite.....

Being highly successful in Africa is always associated with bullshit conspiracies. Think outside of the box!

4 Likes

Re: Wizkid Wins 2 MOBO Awards, Breaks African Record. by Teripaul(m): 3:28pm On Dec 06, 2021
MufasaLion:

Bring on your threat or zip up your filthy mouth!
Ok sir grin
Re: Wizkid Wins 2 MOBO Awards, Breaks African Record. by MufasaLion: 3:29pm On Dec 06, 2021
IbadeHQ:

No be fight na....be calming down.

Stop associating success to bullshit lies.

4 Likes

Re: Wizkid Wins 2 MOBO Awards, Breaks African Record. by Dairys1234: 3:30pm On Dec 06, 2021
Teripaul:

MIL has been nominated for a Grammy, just like Twice as tall was nominated.
If wizkid wins It U must forever hold Ur peace, cos he's even up against Angelique Kidjo (dt burna couldn't win against) and also up against the Kuti family. smiley

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Wins 2 MOBO Awards, Breaks African Record. by MufasaLion: 3:31pm On Dec 06, 2021
DSC7:
Wizkkid wey no sing pass OBO.....

Anyways congratulations to him....

It's not about who's got the most songs. Learn to appreciate quality and good music.

3 Likes

Re: Wizkid Wins 2 MOBO Awards, Breaks African Record. by Teripaul(m): 3:34pm On Dec 06, 2021
Dairys1234:

MIL has been nominated for a Grammy, just like Twice as tall was nominated.
If wizkid wins It U must forever hold Ur peace, cos he's even up against Angelique Kidjo (dt burna couldn't win against) and also up against the Kuti family. smiley

seems i got haterz frm different 'dimension' . grin In rema's voice grin
Re: Wizkid Wins 2 MOBO Awards, Breaks African Record. by MufasaLion: 3:37pm On Dec 06, 2021
Teripaul:

bros tbh, am nt hatin wizkid, buh that guy get pride too much, the way he snub alotta gees is overdue, see davido. See burna very friendly and they helps other musician, buh wizkid to help him fellow musician blow. Baba no go do am. . Na only hz fame and success he's afta. . . Caution ur papa Nla

Stop capping, bro. Wizkid is a reserved guy, not an extrovert. Who told you he doesn't help people? Seems you beg too much to always quick to label people as stingy. Must he do giveaway? Have you met any of his associates that told you he's stingy and doesn't help?

Do I need to start listing the niggas he's helped in the industry? Y'all just like someone that's too accessible. No, he's not ready to give you that. He's proud and we love him because we're proud too. tongue

5 Likes

Re: Wizkid Wins 2 MOBO Awards, Breaks African Record. by Teripaul(m): 3:44pm On Dec 06, 2021
MufasaLion:

Stop capping, bro. Wizkid is a reserved guy, not an extrovert. Who told you he doesn't help people? Seems you beg too much to always quick to label people as stingy. Must he do giveaway? Have you met any of his associates that told you he's stingy and doesn't help?

Do I need to start listing the niggas he's helped in the industry? Y'all just like someone that's too accessible. No, he's not ready to give you that. He's proud and we love him because we're proud too. tongue

Oga stop misquoting me upandan. . grin
Re: Wizkid Wins 2 MOBO Awards, Breaks African Record. by MufasaLion: 3:45pm On Dec 06, 2021
Teripaul:

Oga stop misquoting me upandan. . grin

You should stop saying what you don't know.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Wins 2 MOBO Awards, Breaks African Record. by Bvmsson(m): 3:46pm On Dec 06, 2021
MufasaLion:

Being highly successful in Africa is always associated with bullshit conspiracies. Think outside of the box!

It's not just in Africa dear... Oyibo people too... It's just that we blinded by science.
Re: Wizkid Wins 2 MOBO Awards, Breaks African Record. by Teripaul(m): 3:48pm On Dec 06, 2021
MufasaLion:

You should stop saying what you don't know.
Ok Sir grin. .
Re: Wizkid Wins 2 MOBO Awards, Breaks African Record. by MufasaLion: 3:51pm On Dec 06, 2021
Bvmsson:

It's not just in Africa dear... Oyibo people too... It's just that we blinded by science.

Dude, kill this your mentality. Elon Musk is part of the Illuminati since that's what y'all wanna hear. Now, you can go and rest.
Re: Wizkid Wins 2 MOBO Awards, Breaks African Record. by weljewel: 3:58pm On Dec 06, 2021
Praise God
Re: Wizkid Wins 2 MOBO Awards, Breaks African Record. by Bvmsson(m): 4:06pm On Dec 06, 2021
MufasaLion:

Dude, kill this your mentality. Elon Musk is part of the Illuminati since that's what y'all wanna hear. Now, you can go and rest.

Lol..... The spiritual rules the physical.....
I always try to balance things out
Re: Wizkid Wins 2 MOBO Awards, Breaks African Record. by MufasaLion: 4:07pm On Dec 06, 2021
Bvmsson:

Lol..... The spiritual rules the physical.....
I always try to balance things out

That mentality of yours is bad. Good day!
Re: Wizkid Wins 2 MOBO Awards, Breaks African Record. by Dozie32(m): 4:10pm On Dec 06, 2021
emmabest2000:

He is not that loaded as people thought

Oh really? But at all at all , nah him winch pass na. grin
Re: Wizkid Wins 2 MOBO Awards, Breaks African Record. by Dozie32(m): 4:11pm On Dec 06, 2021
Temmybaba08:

Go work hard for ur money too and be stingy nobody gonna hold u for bin stingy.

Am a big boy bro.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Wins 2 MOBO Awards, Breaks African Record. by Bvmsson(m): 4:11pm On Dec 06, 2021
MufasaLion:

That mentality of yours is bad. Good day!

Don't be judgemental child... Take it easy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

'King Of Love': A Review Of Kizz Daniel's Third Studio Album By Iamsynord / Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ / Kanye West Releases 'Jesus Is King' Album

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.