Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,107 members, 7,887,218 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 01:47 AM

Aba Residents Lament As They Wade Through Flood At Nwigwe Junction (Pix, Video) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aba Residents Lament As They Wade Through Flood At Nwigwe Junction (Pix, Video) (23269 Views)

Lagos State Emergency Flood Abatement Gang Clears Flood At Iyana Oworo (pics) / What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents / How Aba Residents Hailed President Buhari When He Visited (photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aba Residents Lament As They Wade Through Flood At Nwigwe Junction (Pix, Video) by Nobody: 9:53pm On Dec 06, 2021
Such a disgrace
Re: Aba Residents Lament As They Wade Through Flood At Nwigwe Junction (Pix, Video) by Abagworo(m): 10:03pm On Dec 06, 2021
Iamgrey5:

@ emboldened

Ibadan is three times as developed as Aba and it's not even questionable.

Nigga please!

I have lived in Aba more than a year before, please tell me about a secluded place in Aba..

Or a very good road in Aba of with working street light and street sign..

Or a 4km road in Aba with covered drainage system..

Development is not only road but housing pattern matters most. Aba people cry out about government failures but Ibadan is less covered in the negative even though same bad roads and dirty environment is also a big challenge in the Ibadan which is much bigger in landmass than Aba. Aba also has GRAs and beautiful areas less in focus like this one on the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWX-cruI6fU

Re: Aba Residents Lament As They Wade Through Flood At Nwigwe Junction (Pix, Video) by Iamgrey5(m): 10:18pm On Dec 06, 2021
Abagworo:

Development is not only road but housing pattern matters most. Aba people cry out about government failures but Ibadan is less covered in the negative even though same bad roads and dirty environment is also a big challenge in the Ibadan which is much bigger in landmass than Aba. Aba also has GRAs and beautiful areas less in focus like this one on the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWX-cruI6fU
showing me a doctored video?

I have been to Aba nigga

Aba has no flyover, not a single stretch of 3km that is decent, not a single mall, not a single recreation center, not a single skyscraper, no medical facility capable of adequate care.

The only thing Aba has going for it are Smes

I am ready to trash out my point if you are game.

I swear to God, Ordinary Ikolaba GRA in Ibadan is more than any Gra in Aba.

Not to mention, Iyaganku GRA, Areodrome GRA, Jericho, Oluyole esate/Elebu corner, Olubadan GRA, Ologuneru/Eleyele corner etc.

Only the strech of RingRoad MKO Abiola way with solar powered street light is better than any road in Aba and it's not even the best road in Ibadan..

UCH medical facilities and Adeoyo medical facilities top anything you have In Aba.

Nepa building and Lister building of 10 floors is taller than any building in Aba not to talk of Femi Johnson glass house and cocoa house.

Need I go on.

1 Like

Re: Aba Residents Lament As They Wade Through Flood At Nwigwe Junction (Pix, Video) by BabaIbo: 10:32pm On Dec 06, 2021
Iamgrey5:
@ emboldened

If iwo road is the best of ibadan you have seen then you haven't even seen the ibadan at all.

Iwo road

English dey worry you o.

My emphasis here is on the road which is due to the fact that it was recently renovated, some part are still being worked on, not on the structures, nor landscape OR whatever. Even if that's the case, Ibadan is still a dilapidated old area.

If you don't agree, mention another area with a better road or an area you can walk 500 to 1km with seeing a pothole on/in it.

If you don't get it, then forget it.
Re: Aba Residents Lament As They Wade Through Flood At Nwigwe Junction (Pix, Video) by TotoGame(m): 10:46pm On Dec 06, 2021
Iamgrey5:
Ibadan the poverty capital of Nigeria generates the third highest vat in Nigeria and is the home of the biggest research institution in tropical Africa. cheesy

Not bad for a poor town.

U're right....ibadan generates the third highest VAT from human skulls

You guys should be ashamed of yourselves...... forget tribalism and ethnic bigotry ....ibadan is an eye sore
Re: Aba Residents Lament As They Wade Through Flood At Nwigwe Junction (Pix, Video) by TotoGame(m): 10:53pm On Dec 06, 2021
chrisvic007:

In spite of your drug induced comment, history and current reality show that your grand patents could not feed themselves until the moved to the south west.

We know your type. Instead of calling out your thieving governors, you would rather find a way of messing up with your benefactors in the south west.

A time would come when you'd see the other side of the Yorubas. Your cups atr gradually getting filled.

"I will see the other side of the yorubas" hahahahaha!!!! Naah! You must be kidding mehn!! Cus yorubas have no modafucking sides

"Even when sleeping and waken by a drum of war beaten by yoruba people....I will kindly go back to sleep"

IBB 1992
Re: Aba Residents Lament As They Wade Through Flood At Nwigwe Junction (Pix, Video) by Iamgrey5(m): 11:03pm On Dec 06, 2021
TotoGame:

U're right....ibadan generates the third highest VAT from human skulls

You guys should be ashamed of yourselves...... forget tribalism and ethnic bigotry ....ibadan is an eye sore

@ emboldened
I bet you don't know that 70% of the detergents used in Nigeria is manufactured in ibadan

I guess you don't know that 50% of the pastry you consume even in igboland is manufactured in Ibadan by Yale/Sumal and Ok foods

I beg you don't know the cigarettes smoked in almost every part of Nigeria is manufactured by british/American tobacco in Ibadan

I bet you don't that nearly 50% of the flour mills in Nigeria is located in Ibadan.

Google is your friend bro

2 Likes

Re: Aba Residents Lament As They Wade Through Flood At Nwigwe Junction (Pix, Video) by Iamgrey5(m): 11:08pm On Dec 06, 2021
BabaIbo:

English dey worry you o.

My emphasis here is on the road which is due to the fact that it was recently renovated, some part are still being worked on, not on the structures, nor landscape OR whatever. Even if that's the case, Ibadan is still a dilapidated old area.

If you don't agree, mention another area with a better road or an area you can walk 500 to 1km with seeing a pothole on/in it.

If you don't get it, then forget it.

You really are lost tbh

Fucking Iworoad?

One of the roughest places in Ibadan grin

MKO Abiola (Ring road) road is longer than iwo road it even has solar powered street light.ahd it's 6 lane

Not to many dual carriage roads in ibadan city center with street lights that works

Not to mention the Dugbe/Mokola road that terminates at the Mokola flyover

I swear to God, you don't want to go down route with me, I know your Southeast too well to be deceived.

2 Likes

Re: Aba Residents Lament As They Wade Through Flood At Nwigwe Junction (Pix, Video) by Abagworo(m): 11:16pm On Dec 06, 2021
Iamgrey5:
showing me a doctored video?

I have been to Aba nigga

Aba has no flyover, not a single stretch of 3km that is decent, not a single mall, not a single recreation center, not a single skyscraper, no medical facility capable of adequate care.

The only thing Aba has going for it are Smes

I am ready to trash out my point if you are game.

I swear to God, Ordinary Ikolaba GRA in Ibadan is more than any Gra in Aba.

Not to mention, Iyaganku GRA, Areodrome GRA, Jericho, Oluyole esate/Elebu corner, Olubadan GRA, Ologuneru/Eleyele corner etc.

Only the strech of RingRoad MKO Abiola way with solar powered street light is better than any road in Aba and it's not even the best road in Ibadan..

UCH medical facilities and Adeoyo medical facilities top anything you have In Aba.

Nepa building and Lister building of 10 floors is taller than any building in Aba not to talk of Femi Johnson glass house and cocoa house.

Need I go on.

You have definitely not been near Aba I guess. There are at least 20,000 of 4 to 7 storey buildings in the city not isolated Cocoa house or Femi Johnson house. You cannot call that drone video doctored because you don't know the place and it's GRA for that matter. Nobody can claim to have been to a city without being to at least the old GRA. Do you know Obikabia in Obingwa? This shot below is of Umule a town in Osisioma LGA and as you can see 90% or more of the buildings are highrises and the shortest buildings are 4 floors.

Re: Aba Residents Lament As They Wade Through Flood At Nwigwe Junction (Pix, Video) by Iamgrey5(m): 11:30pm On Dec 06, 2021
Abagworo:

You have definitely not been near Aba I guess. There are at least 20,000 of 4 to 7 storey buildings in the city not isolated Cocoa house or Femi Johnson house. You cannot call that drone video doctored because you don't know the place and it's GRA for that matter. Nobody can claim to have been to a city without being to at least the old GRA. Do you know Obikabia in Obingwa? This shot below is of Umule a town in Osisioma LGA and as you can see 90% or more of the buildings are highrises and the shortest buildings are 4 floors.
Lol

I lived at Umojima Ogbu near Mcc road Osisioma Ngwa Aba for my service year. cheesy

I went everywhere in Aba from Ariria to Aba Poly road to Upor hill.

You think I am a novice cheesy

In Dugbe ibadan alone where Cocoa house and Femi Johnson is located, there's nothing less than 10 building above 10 story building apart from those two. Aba has nothing above your usual unplanned 4 to 5 story building.

Even the Three to four story building are poorly planned like a low budget housing unit to maximize the use of land.

Those house hardly have any parking space or adequate water supply. They are basically campsite for people to live.

More importantly, the surrounding of those house are filled with filthy muddy waters especially during raining season because of the lack of any reasonable drainage system in Aba. cheesy

The roads in Aba are eyesore, there's next to nothing about waste management. Don't even get me started on the table mountain in Osisioma junction. Choi cheesy

I go disgrace your Aba now with ease cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Aba Residents Lament As They Wade Through Flood At Nwigwe Junction (Pix, Video) by BabaIbo: 11:38pm On Dec 06, 2021
Iamgrey5:

You really are lost tbh

Fucking Iworoad?

One of the roughest places in Ibadan grin

MKO Abiola (Ring road) road is longer than iwo road it even has solar powered street light.ahd it's 6 lane

Not to many dual carriage roads in ibadan city center with street lights that works

Not to mention the Dugbe/Mokola road that terminates at the Mokola flyover

I swear to God, you don't want to go down route with me, I know your Southeast too well to be deceived.

You're deluded, that place you mentioned with 6 lanes has numerous potholes less than 500 meter to the ring road.

Mum* so there are no solar powered street light in South east? cheesy grin

Dual carriage roads keel you there, is it the one that most of the other lanes are closed for usage by motorists due to unending renovation(construction)?

Again, most if not all of the flyovers in Ibadan are ancient ones and not modern.

Mokola bridge grin cheesy
That one wey dem don almost turn the down side to market square?

Getat with your usual mouth making, people wey get better bridges no dey talk, e come be this old brown roof republican dey make mouth.
Re: Aba Residents Lament As They Wade Through Flood At Nwigwe Junction (Pix, Video) by Abagworo(m): 11:43pm On Dec 06, 2021
Iamgrey5:
Lol

I lived at Umojima Ogbu near Mcc road Osisioma Ngwa Aba for my service year. cheesy

In Dugbe ibadan alone where Cocoa house and Femi Johnson is located, there's nothing less than 10 building above 10 story building apart from those two. Aba has nothing above your usual unplanned 4 to 5 story building.

Even the Three to four story building are poorly planned like a low budget housing unit to maximize the use of land.

Those house hardly have any parking space or adequate water supply. They are basically campsite for people to live.

More importantly, the surrounding of those house are filled with filthy muddy waters especially during raining season because of the lack of any reasonable drainage system in Aba. cheesy

The roads in Aba are eyesore, there's next to nothing about waste management. Don't even get me started on the table mountain in Osisioma junction. Choi cheesy

This is Ibadan oh. No too make mouth abobby we sabi everywhere like palm of our hands. Both Ibadan and Aba have same challenge of garbage, flood and bad roads but Aba has much better houses than Ibadan. There are only 10 highrises around 200 meter radius in the entire Ibadan but more than 20,000 4 to 7 floor buildings in Aba scattered across vast areas yet you are capping. This is old Aba township Ndiegoro where the Enyimba Stadium is located. It was full of colonial houses of bungalows and just a storey buildings but has been rapidly demolished and replaced with thousands of 4 to 7 floors as well. You cannot claim a place stuck in the past as better than a place evolving albeit more by the people than government.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN4Lt4pM8GA

Re: Aba Residents Lament As They Wade Through Flood At Nwigwe Junction (Pix, Video) by Igboid: 1:48am On Dec 07, 2021
Abagworo:

This is Ibadan oh. No too make mouth abobby we sabi everywhere like palm of our hands. Both Ibadan and Aba have same challenge of garbage, flood and bad roads but Aba has much better houses than Ibadan. There are only 10 highrises around 200 meter radius in the entire Ibadan but more than 20,000 4 to 7 floor buildings in Aba scattered across vast areas yet you are capping. This is old Aba township Ndiegoro where the Enyimba Stadium is located. It was full of colonial houses of bungalows and just a storey buildings but has been rapidly demolished and replaced with thousands of 4 to 7 floors as well. You cannot claim a place stuck in the past as better than a place evolving albeit more by the people than government.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN4Lt4pM8GA

Imagine the flood in Ibadan, but they love suffering and smiling to appear suffersticated, so they don't come on social media to lambast their failed leaders.
And because in Igboland we have no respect for bad Leaders, we don't hide bad roads , floods and all, we bash bad leaders and display their failure in governance for the world to see, for this reason, those whose States are even worst than those in SE or whose leaders are doing worst, get the feeling that they are better off than Ndiigbo.
Re: Aba Residents Lament As They Wade Through Flood At Nwigwe Junction (Pix, Video) by chrisvic007: 8:22am On Dec 07, 2021
TotoGame:

"I will see the other side of the yorubas" hahahahaha!!!! Naah! You must be kidding mehn!! Cus yorubas have no modafucking sides

"Even when sleeping and waken by a drum of war beaten by yoruba people....I will kindly go back to sleep"

IBB 1992

There you go again. You are from a stock of pathological liars that would repeat a particular lie so many times that reasonable persons tend to believe the lies.

IBB did not make that statement. He couldn't have made the statement because it was the Yorubas that removed him from power. Yes, we removed IBB from power. Ask your Reverend Fathers because your parents would still tell you lies.

It was the fear of Yorubas that forced the Hausa/Fulani to concede power to the south west in 1999. Ask your pastors, they'll tell you the truth. The south west would still get power in 2023.

The Igbo could not get any compensation whatsoever despite the killing of up to three million of you between 1967 and 1970 when your leader escaped to ivory coast, dressed like a prostitute. If I'm wrong, you are free to tell the world how you have been compensated.

Someone told me that each surviving adult was given forty Naira to feed after the war but I think that was not compensation but a sign that your were subjugated.

Back to the present, to show what the powers that be feel about you, nothing is being done to stop your people from killing your people in the Afghaneastern. This is deliberate, it is called self destruction. Do you go think it would have been allowed in the south west? Think this out and respond.

So, Mister, always state facts and not mere conjectures, outright lies or fiction.

1 Like

Re: Aba Residents Lament As They Wade Through Flood At Nwigwe Junction (Pix, Video) by Newton85: 8:31am On Dec 07, 2021
TotoGame:
Abia no matter how bad it is...is still better than most yoruba states ... ibadan village alone has the highest concentration of poor people on earth

Forget lagos ... that one na over hyped piece of shit
Yet your greatest intellectuals like Achebe, Chimamanda Adichie's father, Amadi Ikwechegh, Christopher Okigbo, Chukwuemeka Ike, Eddie Mbadiwe, Elechi Amadi, Emeka Anyaoku, Adiele Afigbo etc, were all educated at this "village" called Ibadan, lol. Yoruba meth people are so shameless and delusional.

1 Like

Re: Aba Residents Lament As They Wade Through Flood At Nwigwe Junction (Pix, Video) by Jerry299: 8:45am On Dec 07, 2021
TotoGame:
Abia no matter how bad it is...is still better than most yoruba states ... ibadan village alone has the highest concentration of poor people on earth

Forget lagos ... that one na over hyped piece of shit

I don't want to talk about what you wrote but the last paragraph is the REAL TRUTH
Re: Aba Residents Lament As They Wade Through Flood At Nwigwe Junction (Pix, Video) by Alabicarolina: 9:04am On Dec 07, 2021
A WORD FROM KATE VICTORY'S MOM

PLS PARENTS OR PARENTS TO BE DON'T SKIP THIS PRAYERS FOR MY SON PLS YOUR PRAYERS IS WHAT WE NEED BECAUSE IT WILL GO A LONG WAY IN SAVING MY SONS LIFE.
I am writing this in tears, and i request only 1 second of your precious time to pray for my son ( Alabi Victory ) and also help him financially please.
Victory my son is a 7 year old baby and he has congestive heart failure, it started when he was 2-4 months he had fever and shortened of breathe, he can't breathe and if he wants to breathe is always very fast as if he is going to give up.
Victory has been on drop and oxygen for the past 2 months now, it has not been easy buying oxygen because he can't breathe without the help of oxygen and the doctor said a corrective heart surgery have to be done and it will cost #950,000 and before God and man my husband and i doesn't have such money to pay for the surgery. He is always on oxygen for now because that is the only option left and we have been in the hospital for 2 months now.
Please help my son the cost of oxygen in this hospital is #6,000 even if it is a 24 hours you can help pls do because my son is at the point of death without oxygen. We have spent all we have even to eat is problem.
If God touches your heart and you want to help my son either through prayers or financially please donate anything to my bank account below and God almighty will reward you mightily. Amen

Account name: Alabi Kate
Account no: 1493007806.
Bank name: Access bank.
Re: Aba Residents Lament As They Wade Through Flood At Nwigwe Junction (Pix, Video) by OVB123: 11:55am On Dec 07, 2021
Mikkeal:

Your complex about the Yoruba is something else these lands you talk about being inferior your people cannot do without ,abia where I served is still the same now ,cursed with bad roads ,bad government and smelly streets look okeshuku Lagos is America to your folks
Don't mind that guy... Easthen region is the worst region in southern region. mtcheeeew!

1 Like

Re: Aba Residents Lament As They Wade Through Flood At Nwigwe Junction (Pix, Video) by Bigcowhorn: 11:27pm On Dec 07, 2021
IjebuWarrior:

Better than Lagos, yet, >80% of Igbos don run commot dem jungle come Lagos for survival. grin

And una wey get Lagos dey beg them for bus stop and building sites
Isn't that funny?
Re: Aba Residents Lament As They Wade Through Flood At Nwigwe Junction (Pix, Video) by History555: 12:15am On Dec 08, 2021
Iamgrey5:
Lol

U are just making noise. Show us photos to prove that. Otherwise its usual chest beating. At least aba has photos, drone shots on youtube. If ibadan is so developed show us photos and drone shots not telling us stories
Re: Aba Residents Lament As They Wade Through Flood At Nwigwe Junction (Pix, Video) by History555: 12:22am On Dec 08, 2021
Yorubas and pretending

Re: Aba Residents Lament As They Wade Through Flood At Nwigwe Junction (Pix, Video) by History555: 12:24am On Dec 08, 2021
Hafonja land....... land of milk and honry

Re: Aba Residents Lament As They Wade Through Flood At Nwigwe Junction (Pix, Video) by History555: 12:26am On Dec 08, 2021
Afonja rere ooh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Police Disperse, Teargas Obi’s Supporters In Ebonyi (Photos, Video) / El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi / Chevening Scholarship Removes Diezani From Honours List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.