Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,157 members, 7,907,142 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 02:21 AM

Oracle DBA Corner - Computers (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Oracle DBA Corner (52950 Views)

Newbies Corner / Windows 8 Is Around The Corner / The Best Laptop Engineers Around The Corner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oracle DBA Corner by Pallytu(m): 7:05am On Apr 07, 2010
@A-40, thnks so mch 4 findng time 2 attnd 2 my post.Actualy,i prefer Database Admin. Pls can u send ur # 2 my inbox (odeyemitope@gmail.com)? Rily nid to discus futher on dis. I wait ur rply.
@azum, thnks alot
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by dominique(f): 6:43pm On Apr 07, 2010
@A-40
yeah i backed up the database, but haven't done any incremental backups yet. i've created image copies and also cloned the database. all these have made the computer so slow it's kinda getting unbearable.
what's wrong with NIIT and Aptech?

guys, pls i need OCP 11g dumps (1zo-053). i'll be writing my OCA in a couple of days and i want to start preparing for OCP once i'm done.
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by A40(m): 12:06am On Apr 08, 2010
@Pallytu
Its nuffin bruv you are more than welcome. I'd inbox ma digits

@Dominique
Great! You are a pretty fast learner. By the way Oracle can kill ya system if you don't have enough swap memory & RAM. From time to time you may have to delete obsolete backups or edit your retention policy cos they pile up real fast especially if you have ARCHIVELOG enabled, also you would do well to create a separate oracle user on your system and perhaps do your oracle work there

NIIT & APTECH start to misbehave as soon as your cheddarz land in their pockets! NIIT especially

Hmm as for OCP dumps they are slightly harder to get especially recent ones. What training center do you use? You can get help if you stylishly ask but i'd try and holla few peeps or hunt online
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by dominique(f): 8:41am On Apr 08, 2010
@A-40
i had to delete the database i cloned and the extra backup copies i created and i decided to put it back on archivelog mode. the performance has improved slightly
i'm studying at Aptech, Maryland center (i think they're alright). my faculty that usually sell the dumps said he doesn't have them and i don't i can read all those voluminous books.

@pallytu
i can only tell you about Aptech. tuition is N160,000 and you can pay it in 3 installments. you get trained for Linux fundamentals, SQl, oracle admin1 and admin 2 (OCA and OCP). each course comes with it's own instructional materials. the teacher is ok, practicals are ok, you're free to practice for as long as you want after classes. you can find time to drop by other study centers and try and compare which on suits you the most.

i'll be writing OCA exams tomorrow. . .wish me luck smiley
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by azum: 8:52am On Apr 08, 2010
@A-40,
Np giving you the documents. The issue is the logistics of getting it to you.
Anyway, let's see. Was in Nigeria in March and may come in June. If i do then i can burn these on dvds and bring for you.
Another option will be if you have one of these accounts online at any storage site. Let me know and i can upload these for you to download.
k?
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by afroxyz: 10:22am On Apr 09, 2010
plz could anyone help me with dumps for sql , oca and ocp exams. i would be writing my sql exams next month. so i want to read up. thanks
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by dominique(f): 3:54pm On Apr 09, 2010
pls how do include my oca in my cv?
guys i really,really need the 11g ocp dumps. . .pls help a sister in need cry
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by jimblaze(m): 5:38pm On Apr 09, 2010
@dominique-well u can include it under professional cerifications- oracle cerified associate
and i would advise you to properly read and practice oracle instead of relying on dumps,so that you can defend your certifications
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by dominique(f): 9:03pm On Apr 09, 2010
thanks jimblaze.
i'm reading it and trying to grasp whatever i can from the practicals. but passing the exams without the dumps is no easy thing. i relied on both books and dumps for the exam i wrote today and i got 8% less than the perfect score. i intend to do the same for my OCP.
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by dominique(f): 10:49pm On Apr 12, 2010
@A-40
the OCA was fantastic smiley, scored 8% shy of the perfect score (still kicking maself over a question i should have scored)
i'm still at Aptech, i'm almost done with OCP tho. i don't know any one by that name but i can find out. is he a staff or student?
no one seems to have the dumps, even the person that sold me the first two says he has been searching for he OCP for almost a year now. is it really that bad?
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by A40(m): 5:56pm On Apr 13, 2010
@Dominique
Lol don't beat yourself up jare,your score was excellent. OCP is somewhat shorter than OCA so i ain't suprised you are almost done. My friend is a student he is running one of their University Affiliates program i heard APTECH have connects with some UK schools

OCP dumps are very hard to find my sista! Even the indian fella i met told me he has just 10g but could get 11g soon but i dunno

A. If the dumps are genuine
B. How soon you want to write it
C. Whether he would keep his end of the bargain

Have you searched for stuff online?
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by dominique(f): 6:06pm On Apr 13, 2010
yeah they're affiliated to uni of Plymouth (at least that's what they said)
i also have an Indian pal who is 10g ocp certified. he has told me that he'll help me find the dumps but he has not mentioned anything about charging me for them (yet). i'll be done with my OCP lectures in a couple of weeks and i want to write the exams soon after that. hope i can get employment where i can apply my OCA though. any referrals from you guys?
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by A40(m): 2:52pm On Apr 14, 2010
@Dominique
Oh i thought it was Bolton. It does seem like indian fellas are good at getting these dumps since he's your friend maybe he could get it for you F.O.C hopefully there would be no strings attached. Are you done with school and have you served cos it would be easier for you to get work! You should be wary of banks sha cos a cute chica like you would likely end up in marketing. I am in the same boat as you though i am yet to serve i'd be doing that in June or thereabouts but the best i got after my training was as support staff with an Outsourcing coy at Adeniyi Jones my uncle hooked me up and we did stuff with Intercont'l but when bank wahala started they had trouble paying up on time and everyone had to find their square root. Azum and Le Moor are guys here that could help but they are not based in Naij maybe you should hola at Jimblaze
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by azum: 7:33pm On Apr 16, 2010
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by dominique(f): 6:20pm On Apr 19, 2010
thanks for the link Azum, pls keep us posted incase you find other openings.
@A-40
i can look out for the dude and holla at him for you.
i'll be rounding up this week and with no dumps in sight., i can't write OCP exam cry
wh haven't you served? did you just graduate?i'm done with service since last year. i decided to try out oracle to increase my options, neve thought i'd enjoy it so much. marketing job for me is a huge no no. . .turned down one recently and i have no regrets about that.
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by vivalavida(m): 3:21pm On Apr 20, 2010
new to this corner.hp to meet wonderful guyz lyk jimblaze n d rest of u.
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by jimblaze(m): 5:15pm On Apr 20, 2010
welcome
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by A40(m): 12:02am On Apr 21, 2010
@Dominique
Feel free to do so whenever you get the chance. For the dumps the indian guy is yet to respond at the mo so it depends on how much of a hurry you are in though i think you can pass OCP without dumps but you may need to work double and get a little lower than you wish! You do need to lookout for sample questions and read up most of the subject matter which would mostly be RMAN,NLS,Block checking & handling block corruption with utilities like DBVERIFY,ANALYZE e.t.c,Incomplete Recovery,Flashing back the DB,ASM,Recovering from user failure etcetera.

I finished Nov. and all but my yeye dept specialize in dashing awoof semesters rather than processing results on time so instead of March i have to roast till June to compulsorily waste 1 year of ma life lol. I've been on Oracle since 07 but really took it serious in 08 and last year
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by vivalavida(m): 9:25am On Apr 21, 2010
plz guyz i'm preparn for ma sql examz.can sm1 plz hlp me out in this deferable constraint stuff? I wuld appreciate.
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by vivalavida(m): 9:28am On Apr 21, 2010
i need hlp.wat is deferable constraints?
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by azum: 9:34am On Apr 21, 2010
vivalavida:

i need hlp.wat is deferable constraints?

Constraints that are deferred. Thats the simple way to explain it. Basically most constraints are executed when data is being populated in a table. In certain situations however because of certain expectations one can stop certain constraints from being executed. Note, these constraints still exist on the columns in that table, however, they are in a deferred state. Just look at it from the point of view of when you defer something.
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by vivalavida(m): 10:38am On Apr 21, 2010
@azum,for example the not null constraint is meant to mk sure no null value is present in a column.if this constraint is deferd n say u are addn stuffs lyk emp_id in2 a table n u miss addn one of id of an employee,wat will happn wen u run the query? will an error be generatd?
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by azum: 11:33am On Apr 21, 2010
@vivalavida

To explain it here is an example from oracle Support:

PURPOSE
This example shows the use of Deferred Constraints.

When a constraint is deferred, the database will check that the constraint is
satisfied only at commit time. This is useful in the case where an update to
a foreign key will violate the constraint. This will allow you to change the
foreign key and then cascade the changes to the parent table before committing
the change.

The following example can be run from SQL*Plus:

------------------------------Begin Script--------------------------------------
DROP TABLE EMP;
DROP TABLE DEPT;

CREATE TABLE DEPT (
DEPTNO NUMBER(2) NOT NULL,
DNAME CHAR(14),
LOC CHAR(13),
CONSTRAINT DEPT_PRIMARY_KEY PRIMARY KEY (DEPTNO));

INSERT INTO DEPT VALUES (10,'ACCOUNTING','NEW YORK');
INSERT INTO DEPT VALUES (20,'RESEARCH','DALLAS');
INSERT INTO DEPT VALUES (30,'SALES','CHICAGO');
INSERT INTO DEPT VALUES (40,'OPERATIONS','BOSTON');

CREATE TABLE EMP (
EMPNO NUMBER(4) NOT NULL,
ENAME CHAR(10),
JOB CHAR(9),
MGR NUMBER(4) CONSTRAINT EMP_SELF_KEY REFERENCES EMP (EMPNO),
HIREDATE DATE,
SAL NUMBER(7,2),
COMM NUMBER(7,2),
CONSTRAINT EMP_FOREIGN_KEY FOREIGN KEY (DEPTNO)
REFERENCES DEPT (DEPTNO) INITIALLY DEFERRED,
CONSTRAINT EMP_PRIMARY_KEY PRIMARY KEY (EMPNO));

INSERT INTO EMP VALUES (7839,'KING','PRESIDENT',NULL,'17-NOV-81',5000,NULL,10);
INSERT INTO EMP VALUES (7698,'BLAKE','MANAGER',7839,'1-MAY-81',2850,NULL,30);
INSERT INTO EMP VALUES (7782,'CLARK','MANAGER',7839,'9-JUN-81',2450,NULL,10);
INSERT INTO EMP VALUES (7566,'JONES','MANAGER',7839,'2-APR-81',2975,NULL,20);
INSERT INTO EMP VALUES (7654,'MARTIN','SALESMAN',7698,'28-SEP-81',1250,1400,30);
INSERT INTO EMP VALUES (7499,'ALLEN','SALESMAN',7698,'20-FEB-81',1600,300,30);
INSERT INTO EMP VALUES (7844,'TURNER','SALESMAN',7698,'8-SEP-81',1500,0,30);
INSERT INTO EMP VALUES (7900,'JAMES','CLERK',7698,'3-DEC-81',950,NULL,30);
INSERT INTO EMP VALUES (7521,'WARD','SALESMAN',7698,'22-FEB-81',1250,500,30);
INSERT INTO EMP VALUES (7902,'FORD','ANALYST',7566,'3-DEC-81',3000,NULL,20);
INSERT INTO EMP VALUES (7369,'SMITH','CLERK',7902,'17-DEC-80',800,NULL,20);
INSERT INTO EMP VALUES (7788,'SCOTT','ANALYST',7566,'09-DEC-82',3000,NULL,20);
INSERT INTO EMP VALUES (7876,'ADAMS','CLERK',7788,'12-JAN-83',1100,NULL,20);
INSERT INTO EMP VALUES (7934,'MILLER','CLERK',7782,'23-JAN-82',1300,NULL,10);
commit;
---------------------------------End Script-------------------------------------

Without the deferred constraint, the following will happen when you delete
"deptno number 20" from the table "dept":

SQL> delete dept where deptno=20;

1 row deleted.

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-02091: transaction rolled back
ORA-02292: integrity constraint (SCOTT.EMP_FOREIGN_KEY) violated
- child record found

At this point the statement is rolled back and "dept number 20" is undeleted.

When using the deferred constraint, deleting this row will not generate an
error until a "commit" is performed. For example:

1 row deleted.

SQL> commit;
commit
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-02091: transaction rolled back
- child record found

This will then give you a chance to delete the "child" rows before issuing the
"commit" command. For example:

1 row deleted.

SQL> delete emp where deptno=20;

5 rows deleted.

SQL> commit;

Commit complete.

Another situation where the deferred constraint checking feature could be useful
is if you want to change the primary key value in the parent table i.e., "DEPT".

SQL> update dept set deptno=25 where deptno=20;

1 row updated.

SQL> update emp set deptno=25 where deptno=20;

5 rows updated.

SQL> commit;

Commit complete.

A constraint can also be created "INITIALLY IMMEDIATE DEFERRABLE". This means
that the constraint will be checked at "initially" instead of at "commit" time,
unless you manually set the constraint to "deferred". For example:

------------------------------Begin Script--------------------------------------
DROP TABLE EMP;
DROP TABLE DEPT;

CREATE TABLE DEPT (
DNAME CHAR(14),
LOC CHAR(13),
CONSTRAINT DEPT_PRIMARY_KEY PRIMARY KEY (DEPTNO));

INSERT INTO DEPT VALUES (10,'ACCOUNTING','NEW YORK');
INSERT INTO DEPT VALUES (20,'RESEARCH','DALLAS');
INSERT INTO DEPT VALUES (30,'SALES','CHICAGO');
INSERT INTO DEPT VALUES (40,'OPERATIONS','BOSTON');

CREATE TABLE EMP (
EMPNO NUMBER(4) NOT NULL,
ENAME CHAR(10),
JOB CHAR(9),
MGR NUMBER(4) CONSTRAINT EMP_SELF_KEY REFERENCES EMP (EMPNO),
HIREDATE DATE,
SAL NUMBER(7,2),
COMM NUMBER(7,2),
CONSTRAINT EMP_FOREIGN_KEY FOREIGN KEY (DEPTNO)
REFERENCES DEPT (DEPTNO) INITIALLY IMMEDIATE DEFERRABLE,
CONSTRAINT EMP_PRIMARY_KEY PRIMARY KEY (EMPNO));

INSERT INTO EMP VALUES (7839,'KING','PRESIDENT',NULL,'17-NOV-81',5000,NULL,10);
INSERT INTO EMP VALUES (7698,'BLAKE','MANAGER',7839,'1-MAY-81',2850,NULL,30);
INSERT INTO EMP VALUES (7782,'CLARK','MANAGER',7839,'9-JUN-81',2450,NULL,10);
INSERT INTO EMP VALUES (7566,'JONES','MANAGER',7839,'2-APR-81',2975,NULL,20);
INSERT INTO EMP VALUES (7654,'MARTIN','SALESMAN',7698,'28-SEP-81',1250,1400,30);
INSERT INTO EMP VALUES (7499,'ALLEN','SALESMAN',7698,'20-FEB-81',1600,300,30);
INSERT INTO EMP VALUES (7844,'TURNER','SALESMAN',7698,'8-SEP-81',1500,0,30);
INSERT INTO EMP VALUES (7900,'JAMES','CLERK',7698,'3-DEC-81',950,NULL,30);
INSERT INTO EMP VALUES (7521,'WARD','SALESMAN',7698,'22-FEB-81',1250,500,30);
INSERT INTO EMP VALUES (7902,'FORD','ANALYST',7566,'3-DEC-81',3000,NULL,20);
INSERT INTO EMP VALUES (7369,'SMITH','CLERK',7902,'17-DEC-80',800,NULL,20);
INSERT INTO EMP VALUES (7788,'SCOTT','ANALYST',7566,'09-DEC-82',3000,NULL,20);
INSERT INTO EMP VALUES (7876,'ADAMS','CLERK',7788,'12-JAN-83',1100,NULL,20);
INSERT INTO EMP VALUES (7934,'MILLER','CLERK',7782,'23-JAN-82',1300,NULL,10);
commit;
---------------------------------End Script-------------------------------------

delete dept where deptno=20
ERROR at line 1:
- child record found

SQL> set constraint emp_foreign_key deferred;

Constraint set.

1 row deleted.

There are new columns in the "user_constraints/dba_constraints/all_constraints"
views that will give you information on whether the constraint is deferrable.
For example:

SQL> select constraint_name,deferrable,deferred from user_constraints
where constraint_name like 'EMP%';

CONSTRAINT_NAME DEFERRABLE DEFERRED
------------------------------ -------------- ---------
EMP_PRIMARY_KEY NOT DEFERRABLE IMMEDIATE
EMP_SELF_KEY NOT DEFERRABLE IMMEDIATE
EMP_FOREIGN_KEY DEFERRABLE DEFERRED

Search Words:
=============

ORA-2091 ORA-2292
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by jimblaze(m): 5:18pm On Apr 21, 2010
By default Oracle checks whether the data conforms to the constraint when the statement is executed.Oracle allows you to change this behavior if the constraint is created using the DEFERRABLE clause (NOT DEFERRABLE is the default).It specifies that the transaction can set the constraint-checking behavior.
INITIALLY IMMEDIATE specifies that the constraint should be checked for the conformance at the end of each SQL statement (this is the default) . INITIALLY DEFERRED specifies that the constraint should be checked for conformance at the end of the transaction.
The DEFERRABLE status of a constraint can not be changed using the ALTER TABLE MODIFY CONSTRAINT; you must drop and recreate the constraint . You can change the INITIALLY {DEFERRED | IMMEDIATE} clause using the ALTER TABLE.
If the constraint is DEFERRABLE, you can set the behavior by using the SET CONSTRAINTS command or by using the ALTER SESSION SET CONSTRAINT command. You can enable or disable deferred constraint checking by listing all the constraints or by specifying the ALL keyword. The SET CONSTRAINT command is used to set the constraint checking behavior of the current transaction, and the ALTER SESSION command is used to set the constraint checking behavior of the current session.
As an example, lets create a primary key constraint on the CUSTOMER table and a foreign key constraint on the ORDERS table as DEFERRABLE. Although the constraints are created as DEFERRABLE,they are not deferred because of the INITIALLY IMMEDIATE cla clause.
ALTER TABLE customer ADD CONSTRAINT pk_cust_id
PRIMARY KEY (cust_id) DEFERRABLE
INITIALLY IMMEDIATE;

ALTER TABLE orders ADD CONSTRAINT fk_cust_id
FOREIGN KEY (cust_id)
REFERENCES customer (cust_id)
ON DELETE CASCADE DEFERRABLE;
If you try to add a row to the ORDERS table with a CUST_ID value that is not available in the CUSTOMER table, Oracle returns an error immediately, even though you plan to add the CUSTOMER row soon. Since the constraints are verified for the conformance as each SQL statement is executed, you must insert the row in the CUSTOMER table first and then add it to the ORDERS table. Since the constraints are defined as DEFERRABLE, you can change this behavior by using this command:
SET CONSTRAINTS ALL DEFERRED;
Now you can insert rows to these tables in any order. Oracle checks the constraint conformance only at commit time
If you want deferred constraint checking as the default, create or modify the constraint by using INITIALLY DEFERRED, as in this example:
ALTER TABLE customer MODIFY CONSTRAINT pk_cust_id
INNITIALLY DEFERRED

Taken from page 327-328 of the book “OCA Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Associate STUDY GUIDE by Biju Thomas
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by Seun(m): 8:53pm On Apr 21, 2010
Posts unlocked. Sorry about the mixup!
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by dominique(f): 12:58am On Apr 22, 2010
pls guys can you tell me how the real application clusters (RAC) work?
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by vivalavida(m): 10:58am On Apr 22, 2010
tanx guyz.
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by A40(m): 4:24pm On Apr 22, 2010
@Dominique
Flashback a few pages you would see Azum explaining stuff to me and you would also see links on RAC material
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by dominique(f): 9:46pm On Apr 23, 2010
@A-40
thanks i've seen it (pg 15). it's a bit technical for a starter like me but i'll try and get around it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

11 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook In 2014 / 15 Keyboard Shortcuts Every Computer Geek Should Know / How To Know If Your Laptop Is Refurbish

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.