Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,133 members, 7,890,814 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 09:10 PM

Respect And The Igbo Spinster - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Respect And The Igbo Spinster (826 Views)

The Igbo And Culture Of Apprenticeship / Interesting Facts About The Igbo People / Common Beautiful Names From The Igbo Tribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Respect And The Igbo Spinster by prettyG: 9:49pm On Jun 11, 2011
Re: Respect And The Igbo Spinster by AndreUweh(m): 11:00pm On Jun 11, 2011
That is the norm in a traditional Igbo setting. However, a lot has gone on in this 21st century. The likes of Onyeka Onwenu are single women and still respected.
In the past, a womans status is qualified as Di bu Ugwu or mma--The prestige of the woman is her husband.
Now it is, Agwa nwanyi bu mma--Woman's attitude is her prestige.
In reality, every Igbo woman looks forward to the day her traditional wedding will take place.
Re: Respect And The Igbo Spinster by ifyalways(f): 11:43pm On Jun 11, 2011
Is the desire to get married limited to Igbo girls alone?
btw,it's 2011,I don't believe that getting married is the "greatest aspiration of EVERY" Igbo girl.

I co-sign Andrews post.

(1) (Reply)

Per Word Billing:igbo Kwenu!!! / Mtscheew: Is It A Part Of Being A Nigerian / What Do You Think About Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.