Stats: 3,173,867 members, 7,889,898 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 12:23 AM

How Do I Navigate This, Having Self Esteem Issues. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Navigate This, Having Self Esteem Issues. (552 Views)

5 Benefits Of Having Self-love / Steps In Raising Children With Healthy Self Esteem / Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion (2) (3) (4)

How Do I Navigate This, Having Self Esteem Issues. by xammax(m): 11:26am On Dec 07, 2021
How do I even start?

Ok, I don’t really know but I’m beginning to have esteem issues majorly because of my stature.

I’m 21 years old, 5’5-5’6 so not too tall. Fair in complexion, Intelligent and good looking grin

I always feel that people always look down on me like one small boy, because of my stature, I look younger than my age I think cry

I don’t even have beards, maybe that’s why. For example, today at the university I’m serving currently as a corps member, one of the staffs I was sent to, who I told I’m a corper was surprised and said I look young. She asked of my age and I told her and she just nodded.

Truly, I’m the youngest among all the corpers posted there at the university but I think my look made it worse and look like one small boy.

Prior to that, when I entered the gate of the university and wanted to sign the staffs form, one of the guard there just talked to me anyhow and said ‘what did I know I’m signing’, until I told him I’m a corper not a student before he changed his expression and allowed me.

I really feel bad you know, reason I avoid girls seriously (I’m an introvert too). Some look at you like you’re young to them and because girls my age are usually bigger in size. I’m doing well financially though at my age.

Even the students at the uni all look bigger than me.

The corper guys there at my lodge are all older than me and the shorter ones have beards.

I feel awkward to be honest, really tiring for me.
Sorry for the long epistle, need to pour my heart out embarassed
Re: How Do I Navigate This, Having Self Esteem Issues. by Aufbauh(m): 11:29am On Dec 07, 2021
Op, at 21 you're still young to be begrudging yourself of looking this young.

If you don't have hormonal deficiencies then,trust me you'll still look big with time.

Re: How Do I Navigate This, Having Self Esteem Issues. by SUPERPACK: 11:29am On Dec 07, 2021
Start wearing fake beards or tell your fellow corpers to donate some beard strands from their own.
Re: How Do I Navigate This, Having Self Esteem Issues. by xammax(m): 11:32am On Dec 07, 2021
Aufbauh:

If you don't have hormonal deficiencies then,trust me you'll still look big with time.

I don’t have any hormonal deficiencies. Maybe I just wished I was a little taller. It’s all good anyway, just wanted to put my heart out
Re: How Do I Navigate This, Having Self Esteem Issues. by xammax(m): 11:33am On Dec 07, 2021
SUPERPACK:
Start wearing fake beards or tell your fellow corpers to donate some beard strands from their own.

angry angry
Re: How Do I Navigate This, Having Self Esteem Issues. by Nobody: 11:59am On Dec 07, 2021
Hit the jimmying and change your circle of friends eat alot junky food and add wet you need it dress more mature not like a kid and watch how it goes undecided
Re: How Do I Navigate This, Having Self Esteem Issues. by Aufbauh(m): 12:08pm On Dec 07, 2021
xammax:

I don’t have any hormonal deficiencies. Maybe I just wished I was a little taller. It’s all good anyway, just wanted to put my heart out

If you don't have any hormonal deficiencies then you'll still grow in size at 21,not necessarily your height.

Meanwhile you can improve your self esteem in the mean time by wearing bogus but fitting dressing, improve on your oratory (speech), Be elegant & attractive in your outfit and have the understanding that you're not your own creator.
There are some things in our life that are beyond our control or rather an Act of God, so accept such with dignity and move on after all you have people who you're far better than them.
Re: How Do I Navigate This, Having Self Esteem Issues. by lajid: 1:16pm On Dec 07, 2021
Re: How Do I Navigate This, Having Self Esteem Issues. by lajid: 1:17pm On Dec 07, 2021
Re: How Do I Navigate This, Having Self Esteem Issues. by Truvelisback(m): 1:31pm On Dec 07, 2021
Aufbauh:

No mind am. Him wan mature over night.
Re: How Do I Navigate This, Having Self Esteem Issues. by Richy4(m): 5:51pm On Dec 07, 2021
U said that you are smart.. Good looking...Try and inject your self with double doses of confidence... When you are confident with what u were doing, u will command respect.. it doesn't matter if u were a midget or not...

I bet you are of the same height or taller than El Rufai or Adams Oshiomhole..This two should be what u look up to if u needed assurance and confidence in dealing with your day today activities..

U don't need facial hairs to be in control.. I wish it's something one could dash someone, I would have given you mine for free and even paid for u to take it if it were possible... grin

Re: How Do I Navigate This, Having Self Esteem Issues. by xammax(m): 7:38pm On Dec 07, 2021
Re: How Do I Navigate This, Having Self Esteem Issues. by zed7: 9:44am On Dec 08, 2021
Truth be told, a lot of 21 year old in Nigeria still look like kids. That you have graduated doesn't necessarily mean you should now be respected. Most 21 year olds are still students and people treat them as such.

That being said, stature should not determine your confidence. People will always judge others by looks but what will give you respect will be your aura and how you carry yourself. Always show confidence when dealing with people. That's the way to successfully gain respect as a small stature individual.
Re: How Do I Navigate This, Having Self Esteem Issues. by Uyi168: 10:44am On Dec 08, 2021
at 21,you can't possibly look younger than your age..

Na small boy you be.
Re: How Do I Navigate This, Having Self Esteem Issues. by Nobody: 3:20pm On Dec 08, 2021
You are still quite young. Abi u wan dey look way older than ur age? Just continue on the path of self improvement. Trust me having a good self esteem comes from the inside. You can reduce your chattering around, listen more talk less. When you are walking on the street or anywhere at all, raise your head and walk majestically like u own the world.

You should hit the gym. Very important.
Re: How Do I Navigate This, Having Self Esteem Issues. by emmanuelbrown26: 4:38pm On Dec 08, 2021
xammax:

U must be from the West or akwa ibom
Re: How Do I Navigate This, Having Self Esteem Issues. by Newborn27(f): 5:46pm On Dec 08, 2021
Your self -confidence matters most.....you at what you present yourself to be before people.

You're are doing great at 21.....the sky is your starting point bro

Please Advice How To Be More Confrontational / Giveaway Printer: G2411 Canon Printer 40k / Valentine’s Day Special Offer. Don’t Miss Our 30% Off On All Our Services