Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,756 members, 7,965,850 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 11:09 PM

Sanwo-Olu Directs Full Excision On Untitled Land In Lagos To Curb Land Grabbing - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu Directs Full Excision On Untitled Land In Lagos To Curb Land Grabbing (10174 Views)

Sanwo-olu Directs Full Excision On Untitled Land In Lagos To Curb Land Grabbing / Sanwo-olu Directs Full Excision On Untitled Land In Lagos To Curb Land Grabbing / Sanwo-Olu Directs Level 12 Civil Servants, Others To Resume (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-Olu Directs Full Excision On Untitled Land In Lagos To Curb Land Grabbing by INTEGRITYA1(m): 6:40am On Dec 08, 2021
Good
Re: Sanwo-Olu Directs Full Excision On Untitled Land In Lagos To Curb Land Grabbing by INTEGRITYA1(m): 6:56am On Dec 08, 2021
Mko123:
Pls how can I get myself into real estate in Lagos?
I need a mentor cos I can sight the future sitting down there

Hit me up on: +234-70-11333155.

Check my post on here to verify if I'm an Estate Consultant.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Directs Full Excision On Untitled Land In Lagos To Curb Land Grabbing by AmazingELixir: 6:59am On Dec 08, 2021
grin

Is it not thesame Okada and keke marwa that were banned from Lagos roads that are still all over the place...Lagos state matter and enforcement sef.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Directs Full Excision On Untitled Land In Lagos To Curb Land Grabbing by faithfull18(f): 7:02am On Dec 08, 2021
Not bad. There are always ideas but putting them to work is where the work is.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Directs Full Excision On Untitled Land In Lagos To Curb Land Grabbing by IamRegal: 8:21am On Dec 08, 2021
Mko123:
Pls how can I get myself into real estate in Lagos?
I need a mentor cos I can sight the future sitting down there
What aspect of real estate are you looking at, becoming a realtor or becoming a property owner and investor.
I sell real estate across Lagos. I can give you few tips based on your area of interest.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Directs Full Excision On Untitled Land In Lagos To Curb Land Grabbing by IamRegal: 8:26am On Dec 08, 2021
This will help most estates in Ibeju Lekki that have been battling with excision for years now.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Directs Full Excision On Untitled Land In Lagos To Curb Land Grabbing by TollaniINC(f): 10:06am On Dec 08, 2021
Badgers14:
It is not by making laws here and there... are they willing to enforce these laws?

Send a whats app dm 080 640 78616
Re: Sanwo-Olu Directs Full Excision On Untitled Land In Lagos To Curb Land Grabbing by Alary: 11:41am On Dec 08, 2021
Joysticks:
Tinubu has grabbed more land than any thugs in Lagos.His current house in bourdillon belongs to the government.Some of the lands he built his businesses and houses belongs to the government and poor lagosians that he forcefully seized using his political godfatherism.Tinubu doesn't pay land use charges on those properties.Ask the former MD of alpha-beta.

He will be arrested !Are you happy now . So back to the topic ,That's a good development by Lagos state government, they should make the issuance of C of O easier. God bless Sanwo Olu
God bless Lagos state
God bless Nigeria
Re: Sanwo-Olu Directs Full Excision On Untitled Land In Lagos To Curb Land Grabbing by ActuaRise696969: 12:21pm On Dec 08, 2021
smallsmall:

You are wrong Sir!
The bolded is not true at all.

Even when they pay monthly, according to the Tenancy Law of Lagos State, you will still need to give them one Months Notice, to quit, on default of payment,
And after that, if the tenant refuse to submit your keys, you still need to serve another ONE WEEK Notice of 'Owners intention to recover Property'.
And if after that they still refuse to Submit your keys, you swill still need to file a Suit to recover your Property with the Courts and this may take Weeks!
Even after that, you still need to pay your Lawyer to serve the tenant and he may be dodging you!
Even after that, you might still need to apply to the Court, to serve the tenant by substituted means, that may take weeks to get such Court Approval.
Even at that, dont forget that the Court registrars will demand for Bribe, to offer you the necessary forms to file otherwise they would pretend they dont know what you are talking about, when you ask for Form 3C! grin
Even after that, the Court still needs to fix a date for hearing, that may take weeks, depending on the schedule of the Court (except Govt creates a Special Rent tribunal to dispatch Rent cases within Two Weeks, as done in other Countries).

What l am saying is that, this is a very bad move by the Govt.
For those who pay annually, some of them still default in payment, despite having a whole year to prepare for such payments.
Now, imagine if you have to go to such tenant every month, to ask for Payment!
Imagine, if the tenant is even a "self employed" or trader, whose Cash-Flow is very unpredictable?

It will be another Gulf War, between Landlord and Tenant, on a Monthly basis.

Sanwo Olu himself does not rent out his House on Monthly basis and neither does the State Govt rent out their Houses on Monthly basis, they sell them to people because they know the kind of headache that is involved in trying to make Nigerians pay for their Rent,

This sort pf populist Policy will make life harder for tenants, as House Owners will just insist on long Term Leases, for their Property, which is allowed by the tenancy Law of Lagos State and does not involve all the nonsense being proposed.

1 month eviction was for the one year rent by the extant laws

But this is good news to landlords. Cos rent price will go up. And I do not have to rent out duplex to one tenant. 5bdroom duplex for 5 tenants on a monthly while I control utilities and keep the rent high. Don't even come with furniture. By 25th day you get a memo to pay or won't access property on day 30.

Fully furnished and services apartments
Re: Sanwo-Olu Directs Full Excision On Untitled Land In Lagos To Curb Land Grabbing by smallsmall: 6:58pm On Dec 08, 2021
ActuaRise696969:

1 month eviction was for the one year rent by the extant laws

But this is good news to landlords. Cos rent price will go up. And I do not have to rent out duplex to one tenant. 5bdroom duplex for 5 tenants on a monthly while I control utilities and keep the rent high. Don't even come with furniture. By 25th day you get a memo to pay or won't access property on day 30.

Fully furnished and services apartments

You dont know what you are saying or maybe you are just trolling.

Read Up Section 13 of the Lagos State Tenancy Law.
One Year Rent (and boave) requires Six Months Notice and One Month Rent requires One Month Notice.

The Law also does not allow a Landlord to lockout a Tenant, by any means, except on a court Order.
if you do it as a landlord, you will be liable to 6Months in Jail.

The problem with Sanwo-Olu's One Month Payment Paln is how a Landlord will will deal with an obnoxious tenant who is adept at evading Rent payment because such trouble situation will have to be repeated every Month!

The alternative Solution is to make another Law which allows the Landlord to Lock out a Tenant, if Rent defaults by Five days, at most.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Directs Full Excision On Untitled Land In Lagos To Curb Land Grabbing by ActuaRise696969: 11:27pm On Dec 08, 2021
smallsmall:

You dont know what you are saying or maybe you are just trolling.

Read Up Section 13 of the Lagos State Tenancy Law.
One Year Rent (and boave) requires Six Months Notice and One Month Rent requires One Month Notice.

The Law also does not allow a Landlord to lockout a Tenant, by any means, except on a court Order.
if you do it as a landlord, you will be liable to 6Months in Jail.

The problem with Sanwo-Olu's One Month Payment Paln is how a Landlord will will deal with an obnoxious tenant who is adept at evading Rent payment because such trouble situation will have to be repeated every Month!

The alternative Solution is to make another Law which allows the Landlord to Lock out a Tenant, if Rent defaults by Five days, at most.

8 don't know why poor people are afraid. Always. I know I bought my houses from my sweat, tears and blood. And any tenant coming in must sign my contract for monthly rent othersier I go beat am with police and soldiers.

All I need is government to say one month rent is new norm and tenant go sign say if he can't renew rent monthly him to go pay daily or I go beat am or even kill M sef and nothing go happen.

You think I care about you people that want to live for free?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fashola. Must We Do Every Business?” Lagos Fire. / What Has Uduaghan Achieved In The Past 5 Years? / PT Candidate Olawepo-hashim Overtakes Buhari On Social Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.