Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,863 members, 7,938,531 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 08:24 AM

Cnn, Bbc, Others Invite Young Nigerian After His Medical Illustration Went Viral - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Cnn, Bbc, Others Invite Young Nigerian After His Medical Illustration Went Viral (400 Views)

Nollywood Actor Kingsley Orji Cries Out Over Money Made For His Medical Trip . / Baba Suwe Meets With Minister Of Health Over His Medical Condition / Breaking News: Wyclef Jean Confirms He Is A Nigerian After Taken DNA Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cnn, Bbc, Others Invite Young Nigerian After His Medical Illustration Went Viral by NEUSICMEDIA: 9:04am On Dec 08, 2021
Chidiebere Ibe a young Nigerian who aspires to be a neurosurgeon recently got the online world talking after his medical illustration of a black fetus in a womb went viral on social media.

This particular medical illustration which has already gathered over 75,000 likes on Instagram is not just uncommon in the medical field but has also exposed the lopsided racial representation of black people in medical illustrations commonly found in textbooks. This feat has seen him receive a couple of invites from international media outlets including BBC, CNN, ABC, CBC and a host of others.

“I started medical illustrations to promote the use of Black skin illustrations in our medical textbooks to depict a typical African person. Textbooks are essentially invincible to medical training. They walk medical trainees through conditions they will encounter during their practice. Yet, most medical illustrations are on the Caucasian skin. This lack of diversity has important implications for medical trainees and their future patients because many conditions and signs look different based on the patient’s skin color and therefore the Black skin should be equally represented,” Ibe said on his GoFundMe page.

Mr Ibeh quests to promote medical diversity has seen him make other dark skin medical illustrations which can be found in his Instagram handle @ebereillustrate.

He recently got admitted into the university of Kyiv but will need your support to afford the tuition fees. You can donate via his GoFundMe page.

Source: https://neusicmedia.com/features/cnn-bbc-others-invite-young-nigerian-after-his-medical-illustration-went-viral/

Re: Cnn, Bbc, Others Invite Young Nigerian After His Medical Illustration Went Viral by Nobody: 9:09am On Dec 08, 2021
Nawa o
Re: Cnn, Bbc, Others Invite Young Nigerian After His Medical Illustration Went Viral by Ryda(m): 9:37am On Dec 08, 2021
angry
Re: Cnn, Bbc, Others Invite Young Nigerian After His Medical Illustration Went Viral by Oksman(m): 9:40am On Dec 08, 2021
Unique.
This would shake the foundation of western medical books and it's graphical illustrations. Nigerians are high flyers no doubt.
Keep it up youngman the sky is your limit.
Re: Cnn, Bbc, Others Invite Young Nigerian After His Medical Illustration Went Viral by obiekunie01: 9:46am On Dec 08, 2021
IGBO AMAKA!

with all the suppression and murder. We still move aheader!

IMAGINE WHAT WE WOULD AV ACHIEVED BY NOW IF ALL THE HOT HEAD GRADUANTS OF UNN FROM 1960 TO 1967 WHERE NOT TARGETED AND MURDER BY THE EVIL FORCES.
Re: Cnn, Bbc, Others Invite Young Nigerian After His Medical Illustration Went Viral by MadBrain(m): 9:51pm On Dec 09, 2021
Dude is going places now. ;o
When he started this dark skin medical illustration of a thing from my Facebook story, I was also on facebook catching cruise and procrastinating on how how I'll learn coding, up til now nothing to show for.
Data na my mate?cry
Lappy na my uncle? embarassed

If nobe opera mini free 50mb, who for see me here?

More winning Bro

(1) (Reply)

Hi / Man With The Wildest Mouth Pictures / Naira Marley In The Village

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.