Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,587 members, 7,882,000 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 01:25 PM

Can You Be That Kinda Man? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Be That Kinda Man? (898 Views)

The Kinda Shape Most Guys Love To See,feel,handle(pic) / How To Be The Kinda Man Any Woman Will Always Love Having Sex With / Photo: The Kinda Man Ladies Want... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Be That Kinda Man? by izeek(m): 10:44am On Jun 12, 2011
If a situationa rises where a married couple has to determine who's careers sits on the burner while the other progresses, and after looking @ all angles you find that your wife stands a better opportunity @ having a more successful career than you would, will you give up yours and support her?

Forget that aspects of pride eventually creeping in or she maybe cheating on you or looking down @ you, cos she aint the type and you know her well enough.
My question is, can you be that man?
The one that would support his wife, stand by her, advice her and give up his dreams to help her achieve hers?

Please i ask for matured answers here, ladies with such experiences are welcomed to comment.
Re: Can You Be That Kinda Man? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jun 12, 2011
if both are career orientated individuals then such dilemma should be discussed WAY before marriage AND not get married if each feel that they need to have it all.
Re: Can You Be That Kinda Man? by upendo98(f): 4:14pm On Jun 12, 2011
@ izeek.
thank you for this,your post is a close realtive to the one I posted about 'sacrifice'.You may even read the replies and I tell you its very complex cz evry answer is justified. I stil dont have the answer myself.
Re: Can You Be That Kinda Man? by izeek(m): 6:26pm On Jun 12, 2011
@mrbrownjay,
point is when two career minded people get married one person always has to put his/hers on a slow.
Yes you could say they both shouldnt get married if they both realise this before marriage, what if in a case where they are already married and have to now take this decision in the light of events unfolding @ that time? I hope u get me.

@upendo 98,
there are strong and salient points that justify, and swing in both favours, but my concern is if the guy is true to himself, and sees that his wife stands a better shot @ a blossoming carrer than he does, will he be willing to do it?
Re: Can You Be That Kinda Man? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jun 12, 2011
^^i understand you, then they have to sit down and look at every details and, most importantly, what is best for THEM, THEIR CHILDREN, FAMILY etc and "hopefully" both coming to an understanding.
there is NO automatic solution in this scenario.
Re: Can You Be That Kinda Man? by MMM2(m): 7:52pm On Jun 12, 2011
still single
Re: Can You Be That Kinda Man? by 1one: 10:57pm On Jun 12, 2011
@Poster
As much as I pride myself in the fact that I top the class in subjects of being understanding,considerate,sensitive,caring(I could go on and on).There are still some classes I don't attend, I'm a man and there are some things that no matter how hard I try to deny or sweep away,those things form  thick layers of the masculine essense.
My masculine essense.

One of such things is Ego,It would be killing for me to mask the pangs of my ego when I see my wife suiting up for work,pressing against my chin giving me the  "later honey" kiss Nooooooooooo!

So,forgive me for being traditional but the Man is the HEAD of the Home,anything that negates this concept even in the most remote way should be given the broomed.

So in a simple way,to answer your question.I would never backseat my career/profession to jet my wife's own.SIMPLE!
Re: Can You Be That Kinda Man? by iice(f): 2:43am On Jun 13, 2011
It's easier to make a decision if you know the person you're married to and know yourself.
Re: Can You Be That Kinda Man? by Nekai(f): 2:45am On Jun 13, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

they have to sit down and look at every details and, most importantly, what is best for THEM, THEIR CHILDREN, FAMILY etc and "hopefully" both coming to an understanding.
there is NO automatic solution in this scenario.

True, true.
Re: Can You Be That Kinda Man? by Mynd44: 3:00am On Jun 13, 2011
Apparently none of you has heard about MONKEY DEY WORK BABOON DEY CHOP.
Re: Can You Be That Kinda Man? by izeek(m): 12:11pm On Jun 13, 2011
@all,
u seem to be getting some things wrong here, that she has a blossoming carrer dont mean you dont have a career at all.

far from it, am trying to say her career is given utmost priority over yours.

@iice, been a while, how far?
Re: Can You Be That Kinda Man? by iice(f): 1:18pm On Jun 13, 2011
I dey ooo. Hope family dey well wink
Re: Can You Be That Kinda Man? by snthesis(m): 1:49pm On Jun 13, 2011
it depends on the individuals involved- for me definitely NO!!! i enjoy d action too much grin grin
Re: Can You Be That Kinda Man? by Blazay(m): 12:24am On Jun 14, 2011
I am neither married to a "Deji of Akure" nor a "Chijioke Wigwe". . . there is the absolute power of independence on both sides of the matrimonial fence. No one can hinder anyone's progress as long as tne decisions do not affect the overall integrity of the union. Thank God for life outside Nigeria and Africa.

Amen! kiss

(1) (Reply)

Cheating Has Only Two Causes / Deleted...... / Never Let This Stuff Consume You!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.