Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,989 members, 7,949,341 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 06:58 AM

Buhari Rejects Electoral Bill 2021, Cites Reasons, Asks NASS To Rework Draft - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Rejects Electoral Bill 2021, Cites Reasons, Asks NASS To Rework Draft (19810 Views)

Court Sacking: INEC Suspends Action On Umahi’s Defection, Cites Reasons / Buhari Rejects Ministerial Nominations From Imo, Ondo, Ogun / Buhari Rejects Electoral Bill Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Rejects Electoral Bill 2021, Cites Reasons, Asks NASS To Rework Draft by fergie001: 10:42am On Dec 09, 2021
Penguin2:

Aside the legal perspective, how about the fact that it will be chaos, expensive and non transparent?

It should never have been suggested in the first.
My head was almost removed here the day I brought up these challenges.
Re: Buhari Rejects Electoral Bill 2021, Cites Reasons, Asks NASS To Rework Draft by Soulsymbol99: 10:48am On Dec 09, 2021
But for him 2 Galavant around the world is cheap abi?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Rejects Electoral Bill 2021, Cites Reasons, Asks NASS To Rework Draft by garfield1: 10:55am On Dec 09, 2021
Fahdiga:
A well known coup plotter and an election rigger like Buhari will never support electoral reform

When will you stop talking carelessly? Howany coups did he participate in
Re: Buhari Rejects Electoral Bill 2021, Cites Reasons, Asks NASS To Rework Draft by aviara: 10:56am On Dec 09, 2021
Compulsory direct primaries for all political parties is not feasible. Its the handiwork of vested interest within APC. Tinubu think he can use Gbajabiamila and Ahmed Lawal to armtwist the process in his favour. The cabals are on his case every step of the way

1 Like

Re: Buhari Rejects Electoral Bill 2021, Cites Reasons, Asks NASS To Rework Draft by garfield1: 10:57am On Dec 09, 2021
fergie001:
I endorse the return of the bill to the National Assembly.

....insisting that parties’ supremacy and rights to opt for direct or indirect primaries must not be tampered with.

(This is where I have always based my arguments)

Bluntcrazeman, seunmsg

I reluctantly agree with you.after justice Sankey,who is next
Re: Buhari Rejects Electoral Bill 2021, Cites Reasons, Asks NASS To Rework Draft by openmine(m): 10:59am On Dec 09, 2021
Not surprised!
The president will keep delaying his assent to the bill until it gets close to another general election...Then he will say its too close to the election, then reject it again!
Obviously, some one else is in charge of the country not the president!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Rejects Electoral Bill 2021, Cites Reasons, Asks NASS To Rework Draft by Fahdiga(m): 11:00am On Dec 09, 2021
garfield1:

When will you stop talking carelessly? Howany coups did he participate in
How many times will someone kill before he could be tagged a murderer?
Re: Buhari Rejects Electoral Bill 2021, Cites Reasons, Asks NASS To Rework Draft by garfield1: 11:00am On Dec 09, 2021
openmine:
Not surprised!
The president will keep delaying his assent to the bill until it gets close to another general election...Then he will say its too close to the election, then reject it again!
Obviously, some one else is in charge of the country not the president!

Gbam
Re: Buhari Rejects Electoral Bill 2021, Cites Reasons, Asks NASS To Rework Draft by SimplePlan34: 11:00am On Dec 09, 2021
Tinubu there goes Ur direct primaries
Re: Buhari Rejects Electoral Bill 2021, Cites Reasons, Asks NASS To Rework Draft by PHIPEX(m): 11:00am On Dec 09, 2021
Whoever inserted that direct primary election stuff might cost us the entire amendment. It was unnecessary and highly controversial.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Rejects Electoral Bill 2021, Cites Reasons, Asks NASS To Rework Draft by garfield1: 11:01am On Dec 09, 2021
fergie001:

Barring those challenges,direct primaries is better.I think buhari might keep postponing assenting till its too late

1 Like

Re: Buhari Rejects Electoral Bill 2021, Cites Reasons, Asks NASS To Rework Draft by garfield1: 11:03am On Dec 09, 2021
Fahdiga:

Officially and technically,buhari never participated in any coup.there is no clear proof anywhere
Re: Buhari Rejects Electoral Bill 2021, Cites Reasons, Asks NASS To Rework Draft by mediainc: 11:09am On Dec 09, 2021
Democracy must trickle down, political parties are for the good of Nigeria and Nigerians, political parties should not be anti democratic in their internal politics, when it is democracy that brought political parties into being.

Mr President this is not good for our democracy, I respect some of your decisions, but this one, is not for the general good. We must not allow partisan politics rid us off the benefits of democracy.
Re: Buhari Rejects Electoral Bill 2021, Cites Reasons, Asks NASS To Rework Draft by Fahdiga(m): 11:09am On Dec 09, 2021
garfield1:

Officially and technically,buhari never participated in any coup.there is no clear proof anywhere
I bet it was Goodluck Jonathan that overthrew the democratically elected government of Shehu Shagari
Re: Buhari Rejects Electoral Bill 2021, Cites Reasons, Asks NASS To Rework Draft by Princeton92(m): 11:09am On Dec 09, 2021
Well played as the played it so
Re: Buhari Rejects Electoral Bill 2021, Cites Reasons, Asks NASS To Rework Draft by Keff40: 11:11am On Dec 09, 2021
Fake news
Re: Buhari Rejects Electoral Bill 2021, Cites Reasons, Asks NASS To Rework Draft by knowhowk: 11:14am On Dec 09, 2021
Fahdiga:
A well known coup plotter and an election rigger like Buhari will never support electoral reform
. embarassed
Re: Buhari Rejects Electoral Bill 2021, Cites Reasons, Asks NASS To Rework Draft by fergie001: 11:19am On Dec 09, 2021
garfield1:
Barring those challenges,direct primaries is better.I think buhari might keep postponing assenting till its too late
He has returned the bill most likely.....

These challenges form the main hreason for my disapproval, otherwise it is far better. He won't touch that bill, remove that item and he will look into it.
Re: Buhari Rejects Electoral Bill 2021, Cites Reasons, Asks NASS To Rework Draft by dapolaw(m): 11:20am On Dec 09, 2021
Una go always masturbate about Tinubu, even if you can not satisfy your woman... I know say na Tinubu cause am.

Penguin2:
I’m so happy!

Tinubu’s game plan to force Direct Primaries into our electoral act so that he can use Lagos Direct Primary template to win APC ticket has been rubbished.

Fools were tactically positioning the argument to seem as if they are fighting for the people... telling us how they want to take power out of the moneybags. Trashy talk!

The instances of Direct Primaries in Lagos and Anambra has demonstrated how stupid it can and how it is not insulated to manipulations of same moneybags.

So why waste more money, manpower and resources on something that has its own flaws too; if not more?

Direct Primaries will be chaotic, too expensive and parties have no adequate register to ensure transparency which makes the entire venture a stupid one.

I support Buhari on this one.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Rejects Electoral Bill 2021, Cites Reasons, Asks NASS To Rework Draft by fergie001: 11:25am On Dec 09, 2021
garfield1:
I reluctantly agree with you. After justice Sankey,who is next
Ali Abubakar Babande Gumel...
DoB: 05/04/1957
SoR: Jigawa
Bar Enrolment: July 1982
Appointed to the Appeal Court: 08/06/2006
Bar Enrolment: July 1982

One of the few Judges who came from the Federal High Court..
Appointed: 31/10/1991

(He can't be there because he will leave even before Dongban-Mensem finishes her tenure).

Outside Sankey, The only people with some chance after Dongban:
C N Uwa (Abia), Nwosu-Iheme (Imo), Orji-Abadua (Imo), Ikyegh (Benue), and Haruna Tsammani (Bauchi - the man handling the VAT issue at the Appeal Court).

Ejembi Eko....leaves the SC next year before Odili.....Joseph Ikyegh is first choice to replace him. (He is presently the PS at Lagos Appeal Court).

One or two of the bolded will be at the SC next year....God keeping us alive

1 Like

Re: Buhari Rejects Electoral Bill 2021, Cites Reasons, Asks NASS To Rework Draft by SirBunky85(m): 11:31am On Dec 09, 2021
MANDIPUTIN:
• Cites high cost of conducting direct primaries • Uzodimma kicks against infringement on parties’ rights

*Asks lawmakers to rework draft.
*Compulsory direct primaries infringement on parties rights -Uzodimma
*Middle belt forum, Arewa youths, TMG kick

Fake news

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/buhari-rejects-electoral-bill/

Re: Buhari Rejects Electoral Bill 2021, Cites Reasons, Asks NASS To Rework Draft by seunayantokun(m): 11:32am On Dec 09, 2021
Wike don talk am say he never fit to sign am... because he doesn't have true Nigerians' interest in his heart.
Re: Buhari Rejects Electoral Bill 2021, Cites Reasons, Asks NASS To Rework Draft by adioolayi(m): 11:32am On Dec 09, 2021
NASS should mobilise themselves, ensure they have 2/3rd in support of the Electoral Bill as it is and pass it without President's consent to become a law.

NASS should for once show that they are the lawmakers..not the executives

1 Like

Re: Buhari Rejects Electoral Bill 2021, Cites Reasons, Asks NASS To Rework Draft by sanpipita(m): 11:35am On Dec 09, 2021
PHIPEX:
Whoever inserted that direct primary election stuff might cost us the entire amendment. It was unnecessary and highly controversial.

This is why I'm so annoyed, Nigerian politicians will destroy anything good for their selfish aims, anyone insisting on direct primaries is a fraudster btw

1 Like

Re: Buhari Rejects Electoral Bill 2021, Cites Reasons, Asks NASS To Rework Draft by emonis88: 11:36am On Dec 09, 2021
He il reject it ,cus his stogies who do the thinking for him ve rejected the bill, cus it il not give them d opportunity to keep their jobs , if a younger more intelligent person comes to power.
Re: Buhari Rejects Electoral Bill 2021, Cites Reasons, Asks NASS To Rework Draft by Agbegbaorogboye: 11:41am On Dec 09, 2021
Fahdiga:
You actually answered a zombie question?
You try
Re: Buhari Rejects Electoral Bill 2021, Cites Reasons, Asks NASS To Rework Draft by Indispensable85(m): 11:42am On Dec 09, 2021
Why will the national assembly be attempting to usurp the powers of the parties to determine the mode of selection of their candidates? It's the inalienable right of the parties to determine any method suitable for them to elect their candidates.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Rejects Electoral Bill 2021, Cites Reasons, Asks NASS To Rework Draft by Penguin2: 11:42am On Dec 09, 2021
fergie001:

Some shallow brains get deceived by the false idea that it is “for the masses”.

But this is merely what the proponents of the rubbish provision is pushing forward trying to get the buy in of gullible people who might go into protests demanding the president signs it.

But I’m happy the people are not taking it.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Rejects Electoral Bill 2021, Cites Reasons, Asks NASS To Rework Draft by Agbegbaorogboye: 11:42am On Dec 09, 2021
garfield1:

Gbam
grin grin grin

What is dis I'm seeing
Re: Buhari Rejects Electoral Bill 2021, Cites Reasons, Asks NASS To Rework Draft by Penguin2: 11:43am On Dec 09, 2021
sanpipita:

This is why I'm so annoyed, Nigerian politicians will destroy anything good for their selfish aims, anyone insisting on direct primaries is a fraudster btw

Very big fraudster.
Re: Buhari Rejects Electoral Bill 2021, Cites Reasons, Asks NASS To Rework Draft by Nobody: 11:57am On Dec 09, 2021
Fahdiga:
I am very sure you didn't read and digest the article before posting this Rubbish comment cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Umahi: It Is A Shame That Igbo Leaders, Delegates Sold Our Votes / Pictures Of Government House Owerri & its Environs / APC, PDP Set To Clash Over Choice Of Fayose As NGF Deputy Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.