Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,459 members, 7,926,322 topics. Date: Tuesday, 20 August 2024 at 01:22 PM

Roller Coaster And Milestones - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Roller Coaster And Milestones (149 Views)

The Roller-coaster Ride Of Life (3) / The Roller-coaster Ride Of Life (2) / The Roller-coaster Ride Of Life (1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Roller Coaster And Milestones by muffleitjuhi(f): 10:35am On Dec 09, 2021
Last Sunday, my online earnings were ~$95 between Clickbank, Adsense and earnings over at lulu.com. That was a direct result of some positive actions I had taken in regard to a couple of my sites and was my single best online day yet. (A majority of my income is offline still.) I’ve been a bit down over the last few months because I have had so little time due to my offline commitments to develop my online sites/etc. The last week or two though I’ve been able to start digging in a bit more and building out some sites that have been on the drawing board for quite a while. Today, I’ve seen another record online earning day at ~$109 between clickbank, another referral service and adsense. Unfortunately Adsense is registering it’s lowest day for me in a LONG time at around $5. (My first $100+ day in affiliate/advertising revenue!) So, I’ve had two days near $100 within a week and yet I’m still probably going to be down about it in the next couple days…
Also read-why am i not getting text notifications on my iphone

Why? Inconsistency. Sure, it’s a good couple days, but I’m extremely hard on myself and want to see that kind of earning on a more consistent basis. It’s okay to critique yourself and push for more, but don’t let it discourage you from taking POSITIVE ACTION. Everything that I have managed to get is the result of action on my sites. Even if tomorrow is a grand total of 53 cents I need to be reminding myself and keep pushing ahead with positive action.
In a lot of ways I feel like I’m just getting started. I think it’s been less than two years since I decided that I had studied things long enough and it was time to start implementing what I had learned about web sites, ranking, etc. I haven’t been able to devote full time to it due to my offline work, but I’m still chipping away at it and the earnings are still improving. On the weak earnings days it can be hard to remember how good things look on the high earning days, but I’m trying to remind myself to keep looking to those things that are working and scale them up/duplicate the formula/etc. On the weak earning days it’s easy to feel like “none of this is working, I’m wasting my time…” Make a note of the good days though and use them to lift your spirits, strengthen your resolve and give you fuel to get through the bad days!
Update —
As for bad days, the day following my ~$95 day, one of my older sites went from a couple hundred page views a day down to about 30-40 pageviews. I pulled up the page to see if it was down or just ridiculously slow loading…. no. It’s there. I checked backlinks to see if that one huge site that used to link to us had taken down my links….. no….. checked the search results – they seemed about the same, maybe a few positions lower in some of them, but it should be a big enough change to make that big a drop in traffic.
I resigned myself to the assumption that it was an across the board rankings drop that must have made a huge difference in traffic and sulked about it for a few days.
Last night in a check of my broken links (for another site) It claimed that a link to that site was dead. I checked – 404…. permalinks on wordpress were not working. (.htaccess file had disappeared and I have no clue why….) Ah…. I checked this morning and it’s already had more visitors than it did all of yesterday, so it’s looking like it may be back on track. So, the moral of the story? Checking to see if your main page is up isn’t enough….. In some ways though it may be a sign that I just have too many sites. I’m glad to see though that it wasn’t a rankings slight of some sort.
RIght now I have 10 sites that I’m developing simultaneously. Yes 10!
Sometimes I think I border on insane.
What’s even more insane is most of these sites will have around a hundred pages each with a good amount of content and resource links.
They are in the niche that has proven itself to be my most profitable and consistent. (Which is why I’m doing them to begin with.)
So, how am I doing it? The first part of the site was easy – wordpress and template out pages with a bulk page creator plugin. I knew the titles of the pages, but adding them one at a time was too tedious. On some pages I also knew what the content was going to be (or at least what part of the content was going to be.) I templated that part too and used a script to build out the initial pages. Now though, I’m into the hard slog portion of the building and am having to add the custom content for each page. One at a time. That’ s really the only way (other than outsourcing.) The key is to be persistent and get in one a day, two a day and just keep at it. If I get five pages in during one day, great – only around 20 days and I’ll have that site finished and be on to the next one.
Making money online isn’t quick and easy – it beats digging ditches, but don’t let anyone tell you that it doesn’t take any effort – if they do – they’re likely selling a “quick and easy toolkit” and are making a bundle themselves….
Keep reading-iphone not getting text notifications

(1) (Reply)

$100 Million Boeing Business Jet - Royal Jet / Bussiness / If You Planing To Relocate To �� Or Visit Watch All My Videos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.