Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,306 members, 7,947,464 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 08:25 PM

My Participations: Buhari Leads The "Who Is Who" To Bisi Akande's book launch - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Participations: Buhari Leads The "Who Is Who" To Bisi Akande's book launch (14042 Views)

Bisi Akande’s My Participations: Harmful Or Good For Tinubu’s Presidential Bid? / Bode George To Bisi Akande: Withdraw Your Book, Apologise To Yoruba Elders / Buhari Leads In Kaduna After 11 Local Governments’ Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Participations: Buhari Leads The "Who Is Who" To Bisi Akande's book launch by fergie001: 2:34pm On Dec 09, 2021
Eminent Nigerians thronged the public presentation of the autobiography of former Interim Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Chief Bisi Akande in Lagos on Thursday.

The autobiography is titled: “My Participations.”

The event was held at the Eko Hotel and Suites, Victoria Island, Lagos, Southwest Nigeria.

At the event were President Muhammadu Buhari, Senate President, Dr. Ahmad Lawan; National leader of APC, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu; APC Caretaker Committee Chairman, Mai Mala Buni; Governor Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti State and Governor Atiku Bagudu of Kebbi State.

Also present were Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu of Lagos; Governor Adegboyega Oyetola of Osun State; former Ogun State, Governor, Ibikunle Amosun and former Deputy Governor of Lagos State, Olufemi Pedro.

There were also Senator Opeyemi Bamidele, Senator Olamilekan Adeola, Senator Ganiu Solomon, Minister of Science, Technology and Innovations, Dr. Ogbonnaya Onu; Ooni of Ife, Enitan Ogunwusi and Oba Rilwan Akiolu of Lagos.

Others are Senator Tokunbo Abiru, Senator Musiliu Obanikoro, Speaker of the Lagos State House of Assembly, Mudashiru Obasa; former Speaker, Adeyemi Ikuforiji; Minister of Sports, Sunday Dare; Former Minister of Works, Adeseye Ogunlewe; former Lagos Commissioner, Wale Edu, amongst others.

SOURCE

8 Likes

Re: My Participations: Buhari Leads The "Who Is Who" To Bisi Akande's book launch by bolaayenimo: 2:35pm On Dec 09, 2021
Did he promise to handover in 2023 to Asewaju at the event?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Participations: Buhari Leads The "Who Is Who" To Bisi Akande's book launch by Fasindo: 2:35pm On Dec 09, 2021
shocked

Buhari in a book launch?

If the book is not about how to borrow loan, forget it Buhari ain't interested.

16 Likes

Re: My Participations: Buhari Leads The "Who Is Who" To Bisi Akande's book launch by Leverage2021: 2:36pm On Dec 09, 2021
This buhari sef can kill you while eating grin grin

How do you sit with a man you just took party structure away from through his proxy governor in kano

some people just be figure head leaders of apc on paper grin

2 Likes

Re: My Participations: Buhari Leads The "Who Is Who" To Bisi Akande's book launch by Nobody: 2:37pm On Dec 09, 2021
bolaayenimo:
Yes he did

1 Like

Re: My Participations: Buhari Leads The "Who Is Who" To Bisi Akande's book launch by fergie001: 2:37pm On Dec 09, 2021
When Bola Tinubu was introduced at the book launch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0TNjakDRG8

5 Likes

Re: My Participations: Buhari Leads The "Who Is Who" To Bisi Akande's book launch by longetivity(m): 2:41pm On Dec 09, 2021
Bisi Akande is a great Man

11 Likes

Re: My Participations: Buhari Leads The "Who Is Who" To Bisi Akande's book launch by fergie001: 2:44pm On Dec 09, 2021
Pix (L-R)

Senator Adelere Adeyemi Oriolowo (Osun West - APC)
Senator Ajibola Basiru (Senate Spokesperson, Osun Central-APC)
Former Osun State Gov & Interim APC National Chair, Bisi Akande
Former Lagos Gov, Bola Tinubu
Osun State Gov, Adegboyega Oyetola

Senate President, Ahmad Lawan arriving Lagos this morning, alongside, Senators Abiru, Olamilekan, APC National Caretaker Chairman, Mai Mala Buni & others

1 Like

Re: My Participations: Buhari Leads The "Who Is Who" To Bisi Akande's book launch by Asgard73: 3:00pm On Dec 09, 2021
Buhari and his musketeers.. Baguda Buni Bardua ..

.. Tinubu is playing catch up.. thank God he didn’t run like the last time.

So after all this ... Hausa Fulani go still play this Yoruba people.

Tinubu go beg today eh.. he go knee for Baguda .. no be stories .

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Participations: Buhari Leads The "Who Is Who" To Bisi Akande's book launch by Maxymilliano(m): 3:03pm On Dec 09, 2021
embarassed

3 Likes

Re: My Participations: Buhari Leads The "Who Is Who" To Bisi Akande's book launch by Asgard73: 3:04pm On Dec 09, 2021
Ever wonder why Tinubu and all Yoruba leaders always lunch attack on Buni led committee..

Same people that are Buhari most trusted politicians..
.... the. Why is yoruba and dia politicians making all this noise on Buni... knowing Buhari is the head and tail of Buni? grin

North playing politics of love embarassed.. masters and slave ...

Nigeria politics is best in Africa

4 Likes

Re: My Participations: Buhari Leads The "Who Is Who" To Bisi Akande's book launch by Ttalk: 3:05pm On Dec 09, 2021
Asgard73:

Your blodas are in UpperIweka practising kneeling styles, even Princeof Lagos has abandoned his online ranting and focus on kneeling and begging strategy and you are here disturbing yourself, what a shame

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Participations: Buhari Leads The "Who Is Who" To Bisi Akande's book launch by blamingthedevil: 3:06pm On Dec 09, 2021
[s]
Asgard73:
Ever wonder why Tinubu and all Yoruba leaders always lunch attack on Buni led committee..

Same people that are Buhari most trusted politicians..
.... the. Why is yoruba and dia politicians making all this noise on Buni... knowing Buhari is the head and tail of Buni? grin

North playing politics of love embarassed.. masters and slave ...

Nigeria politics is best in Africa
[/s]

What is your own, are you not a PDP tax collection's agent

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Participations: Buhari Leads The "Who Is Who" To Bisi Akande's book launch by Asgard73: 3:07pm On Dec 09, 2021
Bisi Akande is a Yoruba man with class.. so different from other Yoruba politicians. .. and Yoruba people .
Re: My Participations: Buhari Leads The "Who Is Who" To Bisi Akande's book launch by Asgard73: 3:08pm On Dec 09, 2021
Ttalk:

Your blodas are in UpperIweka practising kneeling styles, even Princeof Lagos has abandoned his online ranting and focus on kneeling and begging strategy and you are here disturbing yourself, what a shame

Gibberish..
Re: My Participations: Buhari Leads The "Who Is Who" To Bisi Akande's book launch by Nobody: 3:09pm On Dec 09, 2021
Asgard73:
Bisi Akande is a Yoruba man with class.. so different from other Yoruba politicians. .. and Yoruba people .

I disagree because Oloriburuku ni gbogbo won. If they like, they can go and launch a digital Library at the Bermuda Triangle, Tinubu WILL NEVER BECOME PRESIDENT IN NIGERIA.

PART 2: A little about Chief Bisi Akande

After the 2003 elections, we had erroneously thought that Chief Akande was placed to provide leadership in Yorubaland at some point given his performance in office and ideological clarity with a tinge of intellectual underpinning. He authored a book on restructuring with an understanding of our issues. I drove to his home in Ibadan regularly  and we travelled abroad together on a few occasions to meetings with Yorubas in diaspora.

When we approached him to complain about the strangeness of Tinubu Leadership Academy to Yoruba values, he agreed to seek an appointment with him. He soon got the appointment and we agreed to meet in his house before proceeding to Bourdilon. We articulated all the issues and we moved.

On our delegation were Hon. Wale Oshun, Mr. Jimi Agbaje, Mr. Tola Mobolurin, Prince Oye Oyewumi, Mr. Demola Oyinlola, Mr. Adedeji Zacch among others. On getting to Tinubu, we met Professors Segun Gbadegesin and Ropo Sekoni with him. It became a chatting session as we sat down.

It was when Tinubu was planning the Ambode treatment for then Lagos Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola whom he railed and railed against. He said he was not going to allow him a second term as he blocked all the drainages he made for himself before leaving office with droplets now coming to him while Fashola’s own channels were flowing in torrents.

He added that he had now seen the thief who can steal better than THE thief. I cut in at that stage to remind him that he told me in 2006 when he was going to foist Fashola on the party that he managed all his assets while he was in exile without a penny missing and he replied, “I was just marketing him then”.

Prof. Sekoni pleaded with him to sheathe his sword and allow Fashola to run for a second term. He added that Tinubu should know that he is the elder in the dispute with the greatest responsibility to bring amicable resolution.

Tinubu looked at Prof. and said he reminded him of the case of a widow who lost her husband and people were coming to commiserate with her over the tragic loss.

The first group to come were elderly and that after all the commiseration they ended by asking the lady to try and eat something as starving herself would not raise her dead husband. They took their leave after sometime.

Then came her peers who also went through all the rituals of comfort. They prayed for the repose of the soul of her husband and ended on a note of plea that she should eat something in order not to injure her health.

Tinubu threw the audience into laughter when he ended the story by saying that the widow asked her peers:

What did you bring for me to eat when you were coming ? ”

After about two hours of chatting, I went to Chief Akande to remind him we had yet to get to what brought us to Tinubu and he asked me “What is that ?” I was shocked and he lost me forever that day.

I got up and announced to Tinubu that we had a reason for coming and reeled out our articulated points. Mr. Mobolurin adumbrated the points.

He cut in and flared up “I am not holding any meeting again. I cannot be spending my money for rebuilding Southwest and people will come here and insult me. All my mates have high rising buildings all over the place but this is the only house I have in Lagos because we are spending all the money for politics .”

We left Tinubu that day and it was clear that what we were trying to build had crashed. I also knew that the Tinubu machinery had triumphed and would be there for a while.

But I was also convinced it would not last forever as the foundation was not in sync with our ancient landmarks. ~ Yinka Odumakin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Participations: Buhari Leads The "Who Is Who" To Bisi Akande's book launch by englishmart(m): 3:09pm On Dec 09, 2021
If I were Buhari, I would write books, too. Even if I would need to hire the services of learned men, it won't matter. Just attach Mohammadu Buhari as Author.

But for the meantime, close that book for now, or get someone to read and interpret for you. Thanks, sir.

2 Likes

Re: My Participations: Buhari Leads The "Who Is Who" To Bisi Akande's book launch by Cholls(m): 3:10pm On Dec 09, 2021
My brothers and sisters what a gardering of honest thieves. We need a visionary leader next this Country.
Re: My Participations: Buhari Leads The "Who Is Who" To Bisi Akande's book launch by Ttalk: 3:11pm On Dec 09, 2021
Asgard73:

Tinubu is campaigning, he is reaching out and attending functions but what is your elders strategy to get 2023 presidency.

Kneeling and begging, if you doubt me ask Ezeife

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Participations: Buhari Leads The "Who Is Who" To Bisi Akande's book launch by Teewhy2: 3:11pm On Dec 09, 2021
They keep rotating power among themselves
Re: My Participations: Buhari Leads The "Who Is Who" To Bisi Akande's book launch by Asgard73: 3:11pm On Dec 09, 2021
Can assure everyone that if this a Tinubu gathering.. Buhari and all this non Yoruba governors will avoid it with muscle and blood..

Since 2019.. Buhari has cleverly avoided anything that involves Tinubu and gathering relating to Tinubu..

Tinubu today is at his political best.. as akande will be relegated by his press .. why yoruba press will do all to draw attention on him.
Re: My Participations: Buhari Leads The "Who Is Who" To Bisi Akande's book launch by ZendayaColeman(f): 3:12pm On Dec 09, 2021
Bunch of unproductive old thieves.

Dem sabi celebrate kleptos for this evil forest ehn.

2 Likes

Re: My Participations: Buhari Leads The "Who Is Who" To Bisi Akande's book launch by Asgard73: 3:13pm On Dec 09, 2021
Ttalk:

Tinubu is campaigning, he is reaching out and attending functions but what is your elders strategy to get 2023 presidency.

Kneeling and begging, if you doubt me ask Ezeife

K
Re: My Participations: Buhari Leads The "Who Is Who" To Bisi Akande's book launch by Quality20(m): 3:14pm On Dec 09, 2021
why didn't obj and atiku attend na
Re: My Participations: Buhari Leads The "Who Is Who" To Bisi Akande's book launch by aspabay(m): 3:14pm On Dec 09, 2021
bolaayenimo:

Nawa oo, Tinubu lives freely in your head. I doubt if you can do anything without mentioning his name

12 Likes

Re: My Participations: Buhari Leads The "Who Is Who" To Bisi Akande's book launch by contigiency(m): 3:16pm On Dec 09, 2021
I know that Dr Ogbonnaya Onu will be in the entourage, at times I wonder if that man loves book more than his wife.

2 Likes

Re: My Participations: Buhari Leads The "Who Is Who" To Bisi Akande's book launch by money121(m): 3:16pm On Dec 09, 2021
Ok
Re: My Participations: Buhari Leads The "Who Is Who" To Bisi Akande's book launch by Ttalk: 3:17pm On Dec 09, 2021
Asgard73:
Can assure everyone that if this a Tinubu gathering.. Buhari and all this non Yoruba governors will avoid it with muscle and blood..

Since 2019.. Buhari has cleverly avoided anything that involves Tinubu and gathering relating to Tinubu..

Tinubu today is at his political best.. as akande will be relegated by his press .. why yoruba press will do all to draw attention on him.

I heard Simon Ekpa has declared Monday in Alaigbo as Kneeling Practice Day, is that true Ascari?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Participations: Buhari Leads The "Who Is Who" To Bisi Akande's book launch by IbadeHQ: 3:19pm On Dec 09, 2021
Ttalk:

Don't mind those Ipob criminals.

7 Likes

Re: My Participations: Buhari Leads The "Who Is Who" To Bisi Akande's book launch by AUMAN: 3:19pm On Dec 09, 2021
This was the reason they caused heavy traffic in Lagos today.A book launch that Buhari cannot read a page unless guided by aides

1 Like

Re: My Participations: Buhari Leads The "Who Is Who" To Bisi Akande's book launch by Ademola47(m): 3:21pm On Dec 09, 2021
Ok

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari To Halt Importation Of Food Soon – Minister / See The Imo State Chief Who Have Ladies Exposing Their Breast Around Him (photos / FG Denies Secretly Sharing $4Billion Paris, London Club Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.