Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,390 members, 7,978,245 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 11:38 PM

Why Do Nigerians Like Taking every rubbish That Is Being Thrown At Them? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Do Nigerians Like Taking every rubbish That Is Being Thrown At Them? (562 Views)

Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) / Do Nigerians Still Eat Balance Diet In This Buhari's Govt? / Why Do Nigerians Call Moi Moi & Akara As Beans Cake, But Call Pizza As Pizza? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerians Like Taking every rubbish That Is Being Thrown At Them? by DamnnNiggarr: 2:23pm On Dec 11, 2021
Why do Nigerians like taking every rubbish that is being thrown at them?

Nigeria has become a very bad country, that after budgeting ₦3000 for a particular good and travelled a very long distance to purchase them, only to be told by the marketing personnel, with a resounding voice that "Oga, your morni na ₦3500" and it seems like this has become a norm in the Nigerian business space and also appears as if no one cares. And most times, I keep wondering, what if that is the person's only last cash? how would he manage to go back to his destination? can't begin to imagine the physical and psychological embarrassment the person might go through as a result of the changes.
You'll budget a certain amount for a particular commodity only to receive the greatest shock of your life when you'll be informed about the new price as I'm writing now based on experience.

Just this afternoon, I rushed down to Ochanja market Onitsha to purchase 5 crates of egg, which I use in preparing my indomie, because I can't eat indomie without preparing it with egg, and other sauce, which was initially sold between ₦850—₦1100 per crate, depending on the sizes of the eggs, and was told by the marketer that the price of each crate now goes for ₦1900, your wouldn't imagine how dumbfounded I was because the 5 crates normally last up to 3 months so I wouldn't know the rate of increase in the price of each crate.

However, people were rushing to purchase the eggs as if tomorrow no dey, and I keep asking myself, does it mean that Nigerians love suffering and smiling, why can't we Nigerians stage a peaceful protest against this notorious increase in prices of commodities in the market or can't we practice CROSS DEMAND? cross demand refers to switching to another particular product when the producer of the regular product starts to form jagaban, eg switching to Ovaltine when the producers of Milo start to feel like they're the jagabans. Must we eat egg or that product that it's price keeps increasing in the market? Las las, I didn't buy the egg, I'll device a substitute for eggs by tomorrow.
who should we blame; the government or the producers? I used egg as my point of reference not because that it's the only commodity in the market with a notorious increase in price but because I experienced it today and as a point of reference to other commodities in the market with outrageous increase in price.

Why do Nigerians like taking every rubbish that is being thrown at them by the product manufacturers both foreign and indigenous manufacturers??

lalasticlala Mynd44 Seun tjskii MissyB3

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Like Taking every rubbish That Is Being Thrown At Them? by DamnnNiggarr: 5:11pm On Dec 11, 2021
lalasticlala, it's so heart breaking that what you bought ₦350 today will be sold to you ₦500 tomorrow.
It's high time Nigerians started speaking up against this evil.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Like Taking every rubbish That Is Being Thrown At Them? by whatalife: 8:54pm On Dec 13, 2021
When I started reading and I saw the price you stated, had to pause and go and check the date the thread was created, Immediately I knew it has been a while you bought egg last. My brother It’s been #1900 to #2000 per crate for more than 2 weeks now here in Lokoja.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Like Taking every rubbish That Is Being Thrown At Them? by DamnnNiggarr: 7:08pm On Dec 14, 2021
whatalife:
When I started reading and I saw the price you stated, had to pause and go and check the date the thread was created, Immediately I knew it has been a while you bought egg last. My brother It’s been #1900 to #2000 per crate for more than 2 weeks now here in Lokoja.
it's so heartbreaking that we Nigerians will be living the suffering-and-smiling kind of life. We accept anything that is being thrown at us.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Like Taking every rubbish That Is Being Thrown At Them? by Solanaa: 7:20pm On Dec 14, 2021
I love your mentality, I kept on asking my self why is no one complaining?

Gas i used to buy 350 is now 750
Garri (This one pain me ddiiiieee) i used to buy 300 is now 1400
Egg i used to buy 3 for 100naira is now 1 for 70naira.

Does Nigerians like Suffering? are we going to continue to endure like this? for how long?

The smarts one have all left us and ran away to foreign lands, we're here suffering. I'm just sick and tired of it all.

Sometimes i wish i was never born especially in a black man's nature because i strongly believe it is cursed.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Like Taking every rubbish That Is Being Thrown At Them? by DamnnNiggarr: 5:23am On Dec 15, 2021
Solanaa:
I love your mentality, I kept on asking my self why is no one complaining?

Gas i used to buy 350 is now 750
Garri (This one pain me ddiiiieee) i used to buy 300 is now 1400
Egg i used to buy 3 for 100naira is now 1 for 70naira.

Does Nigerians like Suffering? are we going to continue to endure like this? for how long?

The smarts one have all left us and ran away to foreign lands, we're here suffering. I'm just sick and tired of it all.

Sometimes i wish i was never born especially in a black man's nature because i strongly believe it is cursed.
chai, it's so so heart breaking,
lalasticlala lala, for how long are we going to endure in Nigeria, with the hope that it's going to be better someday, but instead of things getting better, it keeps worsening day by day
Re: Why Do Nigerians Like Taking every rubbish That Is Being Thrown At Them? by MsFaith: 4:05pm On Dec 15, 2021
That’s why people are processing visas here and there to leave the country. Please do, if you can too
Re: Why Do Nigerians Like Taking every rubbish That Is Being Thrown At Them? by Corroro: 5:38pm On Dec 15, 2021
e get as everything just be now o, things hard

(1) (Reply)

Thermogenic Metabolism [Burn Fat As You Eat] / Whats This Fruit Called? / The Fruits I Got For 11k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.