Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,390 members, 7,978,245 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 11:37 PM

Nigerian Hip Hop Rap Industry Needs A New Wave - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigerian Hip Hop Rap Industry Needs A New Wave (325 Views)

The Gay Hiphop Mafia Calling The Shots In The Rap Industry / Nigerian Hip Hop Singer Alimi Abiodun Electrocuted To Death While On Stage / Nigerian Adult Movie Industry Needs Young Actors And Actresses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Hip Hop Rap Industry Needs A New Wave by Nyllo(m): 7:07pm On Dec 11, 2021
I need a little piece of Advice please.

My name is Adam Abdulsalam AKA Nyllo and I'm an upcoming hip hop rap artist. I've been listening to hip hop rap of lil Wayne ever since I was 10 of age and it has changed my English accent of rapping. But people always press on me that why do I want to rap foreign in Nigeria, that it won't sell because people would think I'm trying hard to be like foreign rappers. And according to what my friends told me is that I sound like Desiigner mixed with juice WRLD because of the dark beat and my voice, plus my accent.

And I've tried singing to afro beat but it just don't get any better.

As for me, I'm trying to change the hip hop rap game in Nigeria. I want the world to recognise us when it comes to music. I want the world to know that Nigerians are good at hip hop too. I don't form my accent just because I'm trying to impress anyone, I only want my sound to be different from other rappers in Nigeria. The rap game in Nigeria is that of Yoruba street rap or that type of Eminem which I'm not a fan of, and it hurts to see our hip hop industry at a low level. I'm here to change that but as my fellow Nigerians thinks very different, How do I cope up? Would people listen to me? Please give me suggestions �
Re: Nigerian Hip Hop Rap Industry Needs A New Wave by Babaken(m): 7:11pm On Dec 11, 2021
Nyllo:
I need a little piece of Advice please.

My name is Adam Abdulsalam AKA Nyllo and I'm an upcoming hip hop rap artist. I've been listening to hip hop rap of lil Wayne ever since I was 10 of age and it has changed my English accent of rapping. But people always press on me that why do I want to rap foreign in Nigeria, that it won't sell because people would think I'm trying hard to be like foreign rappers. And according to what my friends told me is that I sound like Desiigner mixed with juice WRLD because of the dark beat and my voice, plus my accent.

And I've tried singing to afro beat but it just don't get any better.

As for me, I'm trying to change the hip hop rap game in Nigeria. I want the world to recognise us when it comes to music. I want the world to know that Nigerians are good at hip hop too. I don't form my accent just because I'm trying to impress anyone, I only want my sound to be different from other rappers in Nigeria. The rap game in Nigeria is that of Yoruba street rap or that type of Eminem which I'm not a fan of, and it hurts to see our hip hop industry at a low level. I'm here to change that but as my fellow Nigerians thinks very different, How do I cope up? Would people listen to me? Please give me suggestions �
forget the long talk upload one or two of your track let's listen and pass our own judgment.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Davido’s Father Bought Me My First Laptop Ever – Comedian Mr Macaroni / Bbnaija Cross Taunts Female Fans With Romantic Video With Mystery Lady / Shocking! Ngozi Have $£x With Her Father.(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.