Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,739 members, 7,965,774 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 08:53 PM

Help How Do I Backup Mysql Database With This Code - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help How Do I Backup Mysql Database With This Code (1125 Views)

Backing Up Your Remote Mysql Database With Mysqldumper / What Does Mysql Database Means? / How To Upload Mysql Database To Server (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help How Do I Backup Mysql Database With This Code by talk2hb1(m): 8:42am On Jun 13, 2011
Help Nlander's I just developed an intranet application for a client with PHP and using MYSQL as the backend  database.
My problem is Backing it up automatically, I tried using this Script but

$username = "my_username";  //database username
$password = "password"; //database password
$hostname = "localhost"; //database host localhost
$database = "clients_database"; //my database name

$username =escapeshellcmd($username);//esscaping for shell command
$password =escapeshellcmd($password);
$hostname =escapeshellcmd($hostname);
$database =escapeshellcmd($database);
$backupFile= dir(_FILE_).$database.'.sql'; //name of the backup file
$command = "mysqldump --user=$username --password=$password --host=$hostname $database > $backupFile"; //backingup command
system($command, $result);  //running the command

Every time I run the code the result file is always empty even there is data in the database
Help Guys what is wrong with my code?
Re: Help How Do I Backup Mysql Database With This Code by talk2hb1(m): 2:45pm On Jun 13, 2011
Guys wainting for your reply
Re: Help How Do I Backup Mysql Database With This Code by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jun 13, 2011
All those codes that are working with shell command tend to misbehave on windows sometimes, i think they were meant to work properly for linux.
I once had that kinda problem before. Well, i once did something like that - but the script was lost due to carelessness - after searching the web
endlessly, i could not find a satisfactory one, i made it for an intranet application too.
You may consider using an msdos batch file to backup the database file directly. . .
Re: Help How Do I Backup Mysql Database With This Code by talk2hb1(m): 1:17am On Jun 15, 2011
Thanks Big Boss, I never tought of that. Gracias
Re: Help How Do I Backup Mysql Database With This Code by talk2hb1(m): 1:18am On Jun 15, 2011
Thanks Big Boss, I never tought of that. I am going tu try that sharp sharp. Gracias
Re: Help How Do I Backup Mysql Database With This Code by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jun 15, 2011
You can take a look at this - http://www.phpclasses.org/package/4017-PHP-Backup-large-MySQL-databases-into-multiple-files.html

I am still checking my backups for that script i wrote earlier, if i can find it, i will post it here. Funny, i never got down to using it after
i finished creating it. But this phpclasses.org script seem familiar - i must have used it before

(1) (Reply)

Gtb Customers Beware Of This Phising Site / Скачай бесплатно софт / edit: Why Is My User Id Changed? A 24 Hours ultimatum To Revert It Back.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.