Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,275 members, 7,923,302 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 10:55 PM

You Are Mine. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Are Mine. (212 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Are Mine. by AbundantLife05: 7:33am On Dec 12, 2021
ABUNDANT LIFE VISION.
YOU ARE MINE. Rom 8:29-30
For God knew his people in advance, and he chose them to become like his Son, so that his Son would be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. And having chosen them, he called them to come to him. And having called them, he gave them right standing with himself. And having given them right standing, he gave them his glory. NLT.

Good morning friends. I welcome you to this morning teaching in the name of the Lord. I pray that we shall not lose our stand with him in Jesus name. We will look at the topic; “You are mine”. Friends, I want you to know that this saying is from God. God is the one speaking here. By speaking, he is addressing his children while claiming them. Before we get into the main issue at hand, let’s quickly talk about the controversy that surrounds our main scripture for today. This scripture seems to tell us that God chose us before the beginning of time and no matter what we do, those who will surrender to God will do so and others who have not been chosen will not because it has been written. Well, that may be true because God knows the end from the beginning. However, there is one aspect from Rom 8:30a I want us to understand; “And having chosen them, he called them to come to him.” NLT. Listen to me, God does not just choose, he calls. When we answer his call, he proceeds to having a relationship with us. We saw this in the life of Noah and Abraham. Heb 11:7-8; “It was by faith that Noah built a large boat to save his family from the flood. He obeyed God, who warned him about things that had never happened before. By his faith Noah condemned the rest of the world, and he received the righteousness that comes by faith. It was by faith that Abraham obeyed when God called him to leave home and go to another land that God would give him as his inheritance. He went without knowing where he was going.” NLT. God called these people and they answered the call. Thus, God gave them his righteousness.

Do you still think God is partial? He calls, he waits for you to answer, if you do, he gives you his righteousness. Rev 3:20; “Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends.” NLT. God will fellowship with the one who opens up to him, if he chooses, that is not a guarantee that you will answer his call. He does the calling, you are responsible for answering the call. When you do that, he rewards you with his righteousness. John 3:16; “For this is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.” NLT. Jesus died for all, not just for a special few.

The fact that God knows the end from the beginning does not stop him from giving everyone equal chance to come to him. Let me give you this example, when I was in secondary school, I was very very poor at Mathematics. My maths teacher was my private maths tutor, he would teach me over and over but I would end up getting 7/70 or 8/70 in the exam.
Most times, before exam, he knew based on the things he saw during our private sessions that I would fail but that would not stop him from setting exam questions or ask me not to seat for the paper. I hope you understand what I’m trying to say? God did not stop his child from dying for our sins because he knew some will not accept him, he went ahead because the benefit of salvation for those who will accept his son outweighs that of those who have chosen death.
On that note, here are the benefits of answering the call of God and being chosen.

1. Nothing can stand against them: Rom 8:31
What shall we say about such wonderful things as these? If God is for us, who can ever be against us?NLT.

Those who belong to God have a wonderful grace of having God on their side. Nothing can stop them. Sicknesses, diseases, the devil, Nothing can stand against them. Not even sin, 1Pet 1:2; “God the Father knew you and chose you long ago, and his Spirit has made you holy. As a result, you have obeyed him and have been cleansed by the blood of Jesus Christ.May God give you more and more grace and peace.” NLT.

2. He gives us everything: Rom 8: 32
Since he did not spare even his own Son but gave him up for us all, won’t he also give us everything else? NLT.

God gives everything good to his children. This starts from earth, he gives us everything good here and continues in heaven where will have eternal life. John 3:16.

3. There is no accusation against us that will stand: Rom 8:33
Who dares accuse us whom God has chosen for his own? No one—for God himself has given us right standing with himself. NLT.

There is no accusation from the accuser (devil) against us that will stand because we abide in him and he has chosen us as his own.

4. He loves us and gives us victory: Rom 8: 35-37
Can anything ever separate us from Christ’s love? Does it mean he no longer loves us if we have trouble or calamity, or are persecuted, or hungry, or destitute, or in danger, or threatened with death? (As the Scriptures say, “For your sake we are killed every day; we are being slaughtered like sheep.”) No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us. NLT.

No matter the level of persecution, trials and tribulations we face, God still loves us, his love for us is a constant thing that can never change and he will give us an overwhelming victory at the end. (Eternal life).

Therefore, if you are reading this and you have not answered God’s call, please do so by saying this prayer; Lord Jesus, thank you for paying the price for my salvation. I accept you as my Lord and saviour and I promise I will serve you forever. Amen. If you have said this prayer wholeheartedly, I congratulate you and welcome you to the family of God. Make sure you join a bible believing church as you start your journey in Christ. If you have questions and comments, contact Abundant Life Vision on the following platforms.
Twitter: @VisionAbundant
Instagram: visionabundantlife
NLT.
Email: visionabundantlife@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

The Two Realms Of Government / Last Day Vigil / Christmas Message From A Nairalander -kenneth Enyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.