Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,995 members, 7,931,426 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 04:17 AM

I'm Not Too Old To Play For Eagles –aiyegbeni - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I'm Not Too Old To Play For Eagles –aiyegbeni (535 Views)

Find Out A Madrid Star Who Wants To Play For Nigeria / Yakubu Aiyegbeni With His Wife & Daughters (Holiday Pictures) / NFF Thanks T.B Joshua For Eagles Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I'm Not Too Old To Play For Eagles –aiyegbeni by omamokta: 10:59am On Jun 13, 2011
Super Eagles striker, Yakubu Aiyegbeni has declared his intention to play for the country once again. Yak whose performance at the 2010 World Cup held in South Africa had infuriated Nigerians opined that since he still plays good football for his club in Europe, he was capable and fit for the Eagles team.

In a chat with the NationSport, Aiyegbeni asked: "Do you think I am old or what? If I can still play football for my club in Europe, I think I deserve to play in the national team," he said.

Reacting to the jeers from the crowd on Saturday at the Teslim Balogun Stadium while he played in the Kanu Testimonial match, Aiyegbeni said: "It is almost a year now, since, I faced the Nigerian fans.

Anyway it feels nice, I am enjoying my moment here which is great. Why would I feel intimidated, in Europe we get things like this, especially among the away teams, sometimes the fans like you and sometimes

they don't, it is normal"

In the same vein Aiyegbeni has expressed joy at playing ion the testimonial match: "I feel good, Kanu is one of the top Nigerian players, we respect him, and he gives the young ones experience, he gave the

younger ones exposure, made them believe in themselves, he has done a lot for this country and the world of young ones so for me to be here it feels good."

Meanwhile, Yakubu could be caught in a tug of war between West Ham and Leicester City, but insists he will be coming back to Everton first

However, Everton want more additional terms added to the transfer deal before allowing the switch, and this morning West Ham have said they want to take Yak to Upton Park.

“I still have a subsisting contract with Everton, I have to go back,” said Yakubu.
http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/football-golf-boxing/9151-i%26%23039%3Bm-not-too-old-to-play-for-eagles-–aiyegbeni.html
Re: I'm Not Too Old To Play For Eagles –aiyegbeni by omamokta: 11:06am On Jun 13, 2011
Aiyegbeni should know that his days in the super eagles is over. We need younger blood not old cargoes like him. I thought he should have been talking of his own testimonial match.
Re: I'm Not Too Old To Play For Eagles –aiyegbeni by Syenite(m): 12:37pm On Jun 15, 2011
Who is not too old? He should look at the present Super Eagles apart from Yobo anybody be his mate there. You won come begin follow small-small boys drag jersey.

He's trying to see whether Nigerians can give him another chance so he can organise testimonial match for himself. No problem, on your testimonial match day Nigerian fans will descend on him and he'll explain to each of us y he brought our Green and white flag to a disrepute. Ole oshi alakori.

(1) (Reply)

Falcons Were Not Disgraced –adejube,wants Team Retained For Next Year’s Olympics / Aluko To Juve? / E Be Like Say Osaze And Yakubu Might Be The Ideal Strikers For Naija!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.