Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,146 members, 7,880,598 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 10:01 PM

Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? (12497 Views)

Why Nigerian spinsters should be finacially independent. / The New Way Bachelors Look For Wives In Warri! / Seven Sects Of Spinsters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by Blazay(m): 1:05am On Jun 14, 2011
Having attained such independent status, I can understand why most men would feel intimidated. Inferiority complex on the part of the men. . . who only feel established women are 'high-fliers'. I would not be loosing sleep on that account. She needs to concentrate on having her children. . .if she wants. No marriage necessary. A true companion as in a soul mate will be there down the road if it is meant to be.

I love her independence and would wish more women would be like her. kiss
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by Olaisrich(m): 1:22am On Jun 14, 2011
Having attained such independent status, I can understand why most men would feel intimidated. Inferiority complex on the part of the men. . . who only feel established women are 'high-fliers'. I would not be loosing sleep on that account. She needs to concentrate on having her children. . .if she wants. No marriage necessary. A true companion as in a soul mate will be there down the road if it is meant to be.

I love her independence and would with more women would be like her.

AGREED! but not @ the bolded,it may happen elsewhere but not in Nigeria's content,any Nigerian's
lady that tells you that only taking it as her own fate after many trials. Remember that we are being influenced by society and families here!
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by Blazay(m): 1:39am On Jun 14, 2011
Olaisrich:

AGREED! but not @ the bolded, it may happen elsewhere but not in Nigeria's content, any Nigerian's
lady that tells you that only taking it as her own fate after many trials.
Remember that we are being influenced by society and families here!

No sane woman in this day and age will put a man before her career and reproductive life. A man will always come. First things first. She has accomplished a lot without a man. . . .so why wait for a man concerning other things? undecided

I would do no such thing. . . in Nigeria or on the MOON! kiss
Any woman who chooses to do just that. . .as in wait for a 'Mr. Right' is a doggone fool. kiss
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by stunna2(m): 2:21am On Jun 14, 2011
OP your friend is just being scared of financially indenpendent women because he knows how scary they can be.I know this guy who depends on his woman for everything and this woman takes pleasure slapping him in public if he does something wrong and he also washes her pants and bra and cooks for her.Nigerian women can turn into monsters when they are the ones bringing the daily bread into the home

im from a different society and 1st thought i would not comment until i saw the above:
120k is not a lot of money but it appears to be in naija but her lifestyle still does not add up because its strange that a boss would dash her a car and so she should tell us how long she work there and what her educational background is to earn such a gift at such age,
men used to make lots of money and go find a younger woman of lesser status to marry because youth matters to us men more than a woman's worth in cash! But here in North America, women now make as much money or more than a lot of men and then set out at the age of 35 to look for men who still make more money than they do but there is a problem:
1) men who make lots of money at age 35 will wanna spend it on a much younger woman
2) these women r humans and want to control a man if she makes as much money or more than the man and the man who makes as much money as such a woman will say hell no! and finally,
3) these women now generally end up with jobless men because they can easily control or think they can control these men as successful men do not care about a woman's money and therefore will go for youth,

these r the reasons her and socalled successful women like her r having problems, us successful men do not want or care about ur money, we prefer youth and u will never hear us complain that a young beautiful wife who loves us has no money of her own - its not an issue, not enuff education- not an issue we will give her more; but for a woman, she was built differently but now wants to act like a man -get cash and try to buy a husband, so u will have to settle somehow for a man who did not make it or who is yet to make it,
there r 6billion people on earth so men r usually not intimidated by women instead they run when they think u r not sexy or they think u r somehow shady
my sister, if u r a young professional woman thinking after u have made all the money u will then find a husband ur age and who makes more money than u still, remember that such a man will want a much more younger and less successful version of u because its the way we r built to think n act, youth youth youth, a successful man will chose a younger lady over ur cash

nuff said
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by stunna2(m): 3:07am On Jun 14, 2011
AS A WOMAN, EVERY TIME U TRY TO TELL YOURSELF THAT THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MEN AND WOMEN, THAT WE R ALL THE SAME; ASK YOURSELF THE LAST TIME YOU HEAR A MAN COMPLAIN BITTERLY ABOUT NOT FINDING A SUCCESSFUL WOMAN TO MARRY AS WOMAN DO COMPLAIN INCESSANTLY ABOUT, !

men marry down as a rule but women marry up, so keep this in mind always when as a woman u program ur life to run like that of a man! many tears will be shared by u over such life, men and women are not the same, and oh, the american lady saying to have ur career, kids and then the man will come - its a lie! you think its hard to get a man as a single 30year old, come to american and see women with 3kids from 3baby daddy/s - not even a daily church visit will help u then!
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by birdman(m): 4:18am On Jun 14, 2011
Blazay:

I love her independence and would with more women would be like her. kiss

Mrs Blazay dey deceive yaself for there grin. No sane guy wants to hear some chick chirping about how she's a "strooong educated black woman" for the rest of his life. Na only you go school?
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by supereagle(m): 4:40am On Jun 14, 2011
May be she has a spiritual husband that is preventing her from suitors.
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by Blazay(m): 4:47am On Jun 14, 2011
birdman:

Mrs Blazay dey deceive yaself for there grin. No sane guy wants to hear some chick chirping about how she's a "strooong educated black woman" for the rest of his life. Na only you go school?

Na your level be dat o! Strong black women do not make noise. It shows. cool
Too bad not enough men to compensate.
For every 10 educated, strong black female, you have 20 uneducated black men sitting in jail or doing crime.

You want strong, black women to feel inadequate on this account?

Only a stoopid black woman would feel such wasted emotions on some ne'er do wells. Never baby, never. kiss
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by birdman(m): 5:04am On Jun 14, 2011
Blazay:

For every 10 educated, strong black female, you have 20 uneducated black men sitting in jail or doing crime.

Only a stoopid black woman would feel such wasted emotions on some ne'er do wells. Never baby, never. kiss

Why compare yourself with the "black man in jail". What has he done to you tongue. How about you compare yourself with other educated men/women of any color. you. Abi fear dey catch you?

Pls dont shoot the messenger.
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by Nobody: 6:09am On Jun 14, 2011
Why do black people looove to talk about themselves?
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by nogames: 6:34am On Jun 14, 2011
well, can you give me her email or phone no? i will tell her what to do with few days she will meet her husband. rosealex1980@yahoo.com
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by RIGASA: 6:42am On Jun 14, 2011
I live in Abuja and something is happening. The scenario OP posted is rampant here to epidemic proportions. Worsening the environment is extremely high divorce rate mostly caused by rivalry, distrust and envy between the spouses. The men envy the women more here because it is easier for a pretty, intelligent, confident and ambitious woman to move up the corporate ladder or to succeed in her business. Men easily abandon relationships and marriages because cheap alternatives abound here. So let’s take a step back and look outside the box.
This trend suggests something, at that is…… there is a disconnect between the sexes because of changes in SES (socio-economic status) of women in Nigeria and Africa. Our Traditional matchmaking models are breaking down and cannot sustain today’s relationships
But the Good news is that there are also very good men available who are a little older divorced, widowed or still not married. These men are looking for a slightly more mature professional woman as a life partner But most of these educated/successful available men are also too busy and will never meet professional women at any forum. So you keep bumping into unserious people and funseekers
So to reconnect the disconnect. We need a proffessional dating service that can screen out jokers, kids and fraudsters to provide this much needed matchmaking. Family friends, clubs and weddings won’t cut it; this change I am talking about is like a hurricane and needs the power of IT to put the pieces back together
The service/site must strongly appreciate our local conditions and challenges not the the stuff out there now. Most of the dating services/sites are not designed for and cannot help our local situation.
So over to you NL programmers, there’s a hidden business opportunity here
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by ijcu(m): 6:52am On Jun 14, 2011
give her my number, i'm a dr , single and seriously searching 08120309998
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by chidyke77(m): 6:54am On Jun 14, 2011
These women might look attractive to you because of their status bt such women normally ends up marrying a pauper. I cn noticed she's in d south east and igbo men doesn't play wt respect frm their wife thats why many of them would prefer to settle down wt a younger women that would b submissive to them and wld prefer to be d breadwinner of d family instead of her.
So,i dnt see the possibility of her getting d man of her choice here rather she wld b more attractive to gold diggers. The best advice for her is that she shuld change her lifestyle and be humble and also be living a simple life if she really wnts to get the man of her dream.
Her age is ok for me in marriage bt i cn neva marry such a woman because she wl never believe u married her for love bt for her status and they cn hide their true color at the very earlier stage and then show u d stuf they are made of wen the kids start coming and by that stage they wld be ready for anytin even a divorce threatening wl nt scare them anymore.
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by Nekai(f): 7:27am On Jun 14, 2011
This woman is acting desperate because she assumes most men will be intimidated by her success. She probably overcompensates for this by being an opinion-less pushover in her dating relationships. Therefore she comes across as insincere and less confident (a sure turnoff), and she attracts men who are just like herself; insecure.

She needs to value herself as a woman and an individual, and stop dating losers. Otherwise she will find herself tied to one of these insecure men and jumping through hoops for the rest of her life to prove she is still a 'submissive' woman.
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by upendo98(f): 7:45am On Jun 14, 2011
@olaisrich

Educate me! coz [/b]I cnt believe wht you said.  shocked shocked
Its a modern world we agree and therefore not '[b]everything from our culture is applicable
'!!! If we pick up everything some will destroy our dreams of progressing! Pick what adds value and leave the rest in the village.eg you cant go to office in say Abuja wearing sisal and beads coz it's preserving culture!!
Some beliefs are completely out of touch with the reallity now.They only worked in the 'previous generation coz the environment and community allowed.
Now when you tell me that its 'culturaly correct for a woman to live in her parents house till shes ready to marry and you try to fit that into this modern world, then I think we r not being realistic.
People leave their homes to go study.others cz  they got a good job,decide to live on their own.
Now are you telling me that a good man perceives a woman living on her own and taking care of her bills wrongly?
Then I and many other women are doomed!! What is wrong with me paying rent,buying food for myself yet am not yet married??
I sweat so I can take care of my bills then you say a man will think I rely on men for my survival
What world are you in Olaisrich.Here where I am,every woman after landing a job wnts to move out and be responsible.I fully support that.
With your school of thought then you will make women rush to marry immediately they leave school.After all its the only way out of their parents house and trust me at one point in life we all want to get out.
On that note. it dont mean that I go brag!! I look for smbody ,my level so that we help each other out.Whats wrong with me buying food and him paying rent and viceversa? This ego can drive us nuts at times cz hey a man may lose his money bt if the woman is stable financialy then she can uphold him.
Thats the life nowdays. The community may not be there in the town to help you out. But your partner can.
Halooooooooo??
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by Nekai(f): 8:13am On Jun 14, 2011
@ upendo 98 ^ cool cool cool
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by donjazzie(m): 8:47am On Jun 14, 2011
Personally I think she's not too fine (as in ugly) and has a bad character
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by stankion(m): 9:11am On Jun 14, 2011
tell her to call me if she is interested, i have all d qualities she requires and her age is just right for me.Am dead serious, if she is ready give her my BB Pin:30DD63F4.
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by stankion(m): 9:13am On Jun 14, 2011
tell her to call me if she is interested, i have all d qualities she requires and her age is just right for me.Am dead serious, if she is ready give her my BB Pin:30DD63F4.
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by Nobody: 9:28am On Jun 14, 2011
Blazay:

Strong black women is a term mostly used by black american women and it means being loud and rude in public.A strong black woman in our african term is a woman who is always there for her husband and her kids and if u are the rude and arrongant type of lady u not a strong black woman but a clueless black woman.
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by trusted(m): 9:29am On Jun 14, 2011
PM Me.
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by Nobody: 9:32am On Jun 14, 2011
stankion:

Ol boy come see all these guys wey wan reap from were dey no sow.You think say if u siddon for her house dey do nothin other than to chop her money she go repect you?
Maybe u are ready to pay the price for eating her money ala washing her dirty undies for her, lol!
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by dustydee: 9:34am On Jun 14, 2011
Any man that is intimidated by a womans success is not man enough for that woman. I will advise her to be prayerful and humble and also show signs of submisiveness. No man will want to marry an arrogant lady.
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by otokx(m): 9:36am On Jun 14, 2011
Some things are not adding up; why is she staying by herself in a 3 bedroom apartment? It looks like there are many single eligible bachelors in nairaland so let her come and check em out.
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by HIROSHI: 9:39am On Jun 14, 2011
@ Poster, the person you are talking about is none other than yourself. Luckily, you have had access to counsels from all sides. Let God guide you to take the right ones.

For me, I will advise you to live your life comfortably but with humility of the mind. Like water finds its level naturally, you will find your man with time.

Every woman - however wowo she may be - has a man suitable for her, yourself inclusive. So, enjoy what little things you term as "riches" and do so with humility.
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by stankion(m): 9:49am On Jun 14, 2011
send her no and pics to stankion@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by victor2exl(m): 10:08am On Jun 14, 2011
Here is my email:victor2exl@yahoo.co.uk, does your friend have a Face Book account i want see her pics, and get to talk or chat with her, Beauty is not on the looks but in the heart of the woman in question,
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by solomto(f): 10:13am On Jun 14, 2011
HIROSHI:

@ Poster, the person you are talking about is none other than yourself. Luckily, you have had access to counsels from all sides. Let God guide you to take the right ones.

For me, I will advise you to live your life comfortably but with humility of the mind. Like water finds its level naturally, you will find your man with time.

Every woman - however wowo she may be - has a man suitable for her, yourself inclusive. So, enjoy what little things you term as "riches" and do so with humility.
I would hv presented it as mine if i were the one and be answering some of d questions putting across to d poster.
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by otokx(m): 10:27am On Jun 14, 2011
@solomto

as you can see, some bachelors here do not avoid financially comfortable spinsters; hopefully its not a case of sugar daddy generated and supported.
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by AkanA1(m): 10:54am On Jun 14, 2011
The Law of Attraction states that like attracts like. Thats y a farmer from a village living in a rich neighbourhood will stil end up attracting a like [mayb market woman or female farmer]. Likewise, a Senator's son is likely 2 get attracted 2 a Legislator's daughter. My point exactly is that she is attracting her kind or shud I say what she thinks about most often. If she constantly thinks of guys running away because of her money [which 2 me is no money at all, i got friends much younger earning 200k/month and above and I feel not intimidated] then that will continue 2 b her lot. Also she has the believe that because she is working in a Bank in Onitsha that its only Traders that r available. That she got wrong also. There r corporate/career men and women everywhere no matter how big or small the town is. After all, how did she herself get there. 2 cut the long story short, the kind of guy she wants is readily available, she needs 2 change her mindset and belief system and also get the Financially Comfortable thing off her mind. She needs 2 feel comfortable with herself and know that she needs not some1 else 2 feel complete. No human being male or female wants 2 b with some1 who feels insecure, inadequate, incomplete, etc,
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by unongu(m): 11:11am On Jun 14, 2011
A salary of 120,000 p/m is no big deal for guys to be afraid of, especially guys who are bachelors & on a monthly pay that is trice what she is collecting, plus, there are marketers who are doing exceedingly well within her vicinity. She shld watch her style of approaching relationship and the way she communicates with suitors, Maybe there is something she is not doing right. She shld also pray frequently. I wish her luck.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

When Last Did You Have Sex (pic's). / She Is Pregnant, How Often Should We Have Sex / Lady's Butt Implants Bursts After Intense Sex Romp With Boyfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.