Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,932 members, 7,935,955 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 07:45 PM

63.97 Million Telephone Lines Disconnected Amid SIM–NIN Linkage - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 63.97 Million Telephone Lines Disconnected Amid SIM–NIN Linkage (18812 Views)

SIM-NIN Linkage: NCC Gives Update On 11.2m Blocked Mobile Lines / SIM-NIN Linkage: NCC Rules Out Extension, Telcos Bar 12 Million Lines / NIN: NCC Denies Mass Disconnection Of Telephone Lines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 63.97 Million Telephone Lines Disconnected Amid SIM–NIN Linkage by Godada(m): 6:16am On Dec 13, 2021
Re: 63.97 Million Telephone Lines Disconnected Amid SIM–NIN Linkage by naijaking1: 6:17am On Dec 13, 2021
What do you expect from Pantami?
Re: 63.97 Million Telephone Lines Disconnected Amid SIM–NIN Linkage by hatchy(f): 6:21am On Dec 13, 2021
BOOZELEE:
One of buharis achievement

Buhari is a silent achiever
Taaah....

How does this translate to achievement. You guys reason thru your anus 24/7
Re: 63.97 Million Telephone Lines Disconnected Amid SIM–NIN Linkage by smallsmall: 6:21am On Dec 13, 2021
Traplord09:

The loss can't be just because of NIN registration only. What of those killed by bandits and terrorists? Dead men don't use phones

What of those who become impoverished by the economy and cannot afford to recharge their phones or buy replacement phones? Poor men will prioritize food over phones.

Not to mention that SIM Card that was free before, is now being sold by the telecoms Companies, as if we are back in 2002! angry angry angry
Buahri is always taking Nigeria back, since 1983.

Pantami and his terrorist Bandits now have our high level Personal details, to use as they like.
Imagine Zamfara and Kaduna shutting down Telecoms, yet the Terrorists continue to communicate and kill Nigerians but the Victims can call anybody for help!

Does that not make one wonder: On whose side is Buahri and his Pantami Minister? On the side of the terrorist or their Victims?
Re: 63.97 Million Telephone Lines Disconnected Amid SIM–NIN Linkage by Oyindamolah: 6:24am On Dec 13, 2021
better context

'Buy and sell a stock/coin in one minute: scalping

Buy and sell a stock/coin in one day: day trading

Buy and sell a stock/coin in one week: swing trading

Buy and sell a stock/coin in one month: trend trading

Buy and sell a stock/coin in one year:position trading

Buy & hold a stock/coin for years:investing'

There is a class for Newbies FREE
DM or mail me
Re: 63.97 Million Telephone Lines Disconnected Amid SIM–NIN Linkage by tobyemmanuel(m): 6:26am On Dec 13, 2021
Nbotee:

Even if a line is removed from a fone and thrown away, that line will still remain active. It takes months of Inactivity for a line to enter Grace period before it is finally deactivated. So selling off of their fones or even dying wont make their line inactive

You're still saying the same thing. Dead men can't use phones and their lines become inactive eventually.
Re: 63.97 Million Telephone Lines Disconnected Amid SIM–NIN Linkage by osazsky(m): 6:27am On Dec 13, 2021
Grace001:

Yes to trace the poor masses who obediently linked their sim to their NIN whenever they criticize this useless government

Not to trace the bandits, kidnappers and herdsmen. Because bandits/kidnappers use their victims phone to reach out to their family and negotiate on how to get ransom.

So how do they still trace suspect ? FG foolish government should tell that to their almajiris

it will do better good than harm if its used to track down internet fraudsters kudos to Buhari for this achievement.if they had done this on time the useless endsars protest that cost inocent citizens thier lives would have been averted
Re: 63.97 Million Telephone Lines Disconnected Amid SIM–NIN Linkage by smallsmall: 6:27am On Dec 13, 2021
CalabarPikin:
Okay

Meanwhile I'm using 4 active unlinked lines

I've been waiting for them to deactivate me ever since

They will deactivate your lines, if you dont link them, by January 2022.
But Nwoke living next door, has registered Social Media Platforms with all his un-linked SIM lines and says he is okay with using those, even if the SIMS were tossed.

LMHO grin grin

I support the NIN project but l dont support a Jihadist handling my personal data.
Re: 63.97 Million Telephone Lines Disconnected Amid SIM–NIN Linkage by lexy2014: 6:30am On Dec 13, 2021
[quote author=Traplord09 post=108445776][/quote]

if u disconnect 63million lines, how many lines come remain?
Re: 63.97 Million Telephone Lines Disconnected Amid SIM–NIN Linkage by CalabarPikin: 6:31am On Dec 13, 2021
smallsmall:

They will deactivate your lines, if you dont link them, by January 2022.

grin grin grin

Then I'll have to wait small again....wanted going for the registration cuz of immigration wahala
Re: 63.97 Million Telephone Lines Disconnected Amid SIM–NIN Linkage by BluntCrazeMan: 6:33am On Dec 13, 2021
Have they started disconnecting lines?
Re: 63.97 Million Telephone Lines Disconnected Amid SIM–NIN Linkage by smallsmall: 6:33am On Dec 13, 2021
osazsky:
it will do better good than harm if its used to track down internet fraudsters kudos to Buhari for this achievement.if they had done this on time the useless endsars protest that cost inocent citizens thier lives would have been averted

So, it is internet fraudsters that is making Police to shoot innocent Nigerians or extort them at the slightest opportunity?
I bet you were cocooned somewhere in your Village and dont know what the #EndSARS Protest was really all about.

Though, l support the NIN linkage to SIMS, but l can also tell you that it will and has not stopped any of the criminality that we were told it will stop.
Case in point is Zanfara and Kaduna Telecoms shutdown.
Interestingly, in Western Countries where they dont need to register and link their SIMS to their Social Security Numbers, they dont have the kind of Police Criminality and Bandits Terrorism that we have in Nigeria.
Re: 63.97 Million Telephone Lines Disconnected Amid SIM–NIN Linkage by smallsmall: 6:35am On Dec 13, 2021
CalabarPikin:

grin grin grin

Then I'll have to wait small again....wanted going for the registration cuz of immigration wahala

Just do it now, you can toss the line afterwards, if you really dont want to leave a Digital footprint with Govt Pantami-monium. grin
Re: 63.97 Million Telephone Lines Disconnected Amid SIM–NIN Linkage by Kingmena: 6:50am On Dec 13, 2021
This is a huge loss for the telecom industries.
Do you do business, I have a material that will help you restructure your business to function effectively without your supervision and maximize profit when you contact me for just a token
Re: 63.97 Million Telephone Lines Disconnected Amid SIM–NIN Linkage by Picker28: 6:54am On Dec 13, 2021
grin grin grin grin
How do u feel after saying this
Re: 63.97 Million Telephone Lines Disconnected Amid SIM–NIN Linkage by AsapTeddy(m): 6:55am On Dec 13, 2021
Sonyboom765:
This is what happens when lunatic are allowed to roam free on the pages of NL.

You are obviously the lunatic here. You really lack a deep sense of reasoning, otherwise, you would have agreed with the salient points he mentioned.

Mugu
Re: 63.97 Million Telephone Lines Disconnected Amid SIM–NIN Linkage by Gideonite2020(m): 6:57am On Dec 13, 2021
Really? So why still so many crimes like kidnaping and banditry all over the country. Why can't you track them if they are using registered and linked up lines.
Re: 63.97 Million Telephone Lines Disconnected Amid SIM–NIN Linkage by drololaaof: 7:00am On Dec 13, 2021
Traplord09:

[color=#006600]The loss can't be just because of NIN registration only. What of those killed by bandits and terrorists? Dead men don't use phones

What of those who become impoverished by the economy and cannot afford to recharge their phones or buy replacement phones? Poor men will prioritize food over phones.[/color
]
The difference is due to loss of promotion, the telecoms provider encourage procurement of new sim with incentives and at the expiration of the promo the sim card is discarded, buy another sim , thereby their registered sim increases,that is not possible again
Re: 63.97 Million Telephone Lines Disconnected Amid SIM–NIN Linkage by visijo(m): 7:04am On Dec 13, 2021
Issa lie, my sim is still working
Re: 63.97 Million Telephone Lines Disconnected Amid SIM–NIN Linkage by yahmohy27: 7:07am On Dec 13, 2021
Traplord0
:

The loss can't be just because of NIN registration only. What of those killed by bandits and terrorists? Dead men don't use phones

What of those who become impoverished by the economy and cannot afford to recharge their phones or buy replacement phones? Poor men will prioritize food over phones.
And those that have left the country for another
Re: 63.97 Million Telephone Lines Disconnected Amid SIM–NIN Linkage by ParkleElegant: 7:08am On Dec 13, 2021
Sonyboom765:

You are more of a Lunatic, cause he has a valid and solid point on ground... My Sim has not been linked to NIN and hasn't been disconnected yet...

Look at the person point of view before you open your mouth Hypocritically or like a mediocre

Thank you
Re: 63.97 Million Telephone Lines Disconnected Amid SIM–NIN Linkage by yahmohy27: 7:08am On Dec 13, 2021
Stemkay:
Stop deceiving us, this will only affect the innocent ones looking for their daily breads.

Do u mean they don't know these bandits? Someone has been going all about in d name of having peace talk with d so call bandits, how come he knows them?
When the evil man is in power the people suffer is what we are currently experiencing in this country.

Igbos always doubt or think wrongly
Re: 63.97 Million Telephone Lines Disconnected Amid SIM–NIN Linkage by mu2sa2: 7:15am On Dec 13, 2021
Traplord09:

Including those brutally killed by ipob, esn and other bloodthirsty criminals in SE.
Re: 63.97 Million Telephone Lines Disconnected Amid SIM–NIN Linkage by Nbotee(m): 7:16am On Dec 13, 2021
tobyemmanuel:

You're still saying the same thing. Dead men can't use phones and their lines become inactive eventually.

The drop in question happened over a 2 month period.
Re: 63.97 Million Telephone Lines Disconnected Amid SIM–NIN Linkage by Johel(m): 7:31am On Dec 13, 2021
[quote author=Traplord09 post=108445776][/quote]

Their loss
Re: 63.97 Million Telephone Lines Disconnected Amid SIM–NIN Linkage by Christy1759: 7:33am On Dec 13, 2021
If they block it I will save money ,good development
Re: 63.97 Million Telephone Lines Disconnected Amid SIM–NIN Linkage by TinubuGoQuench(f): 7:36am On Dec 13, 2021
Sonyboom765:

IF THEY BRING YOU AND THE PERSON YOU QUOTED FOR ME TO PICK THE LUNATIC, I KNOW WHO TO PICK AS THE LUNATIC AND IT WON'T BE THE PERSON YOU QUOTED. SO, WITH THIS, YOU DEFINITELY KNOW WHO THE REAL LUNATIC IS.

SHAMELESS CHEAP PAID AGENT
Re: 63.97 Million Telephone Lines Disconnected Amid SIM–NIN Linkage by victorazy(m): 7:48am On Dec 13, 2021
And who pays Telecom owners since you've blocked their customers while holding their taxes? grin tales!

1 Like

Re: 63.97 Million Telephone Lines Disconnected Amid SIM–NIN Linkage by ImoleNaija: 7:58am On Dec 13, 2021
The lines must be useless to the owners. The hot or useful ones are linked already.
Re: 63.97 Million Telephone Lines Disconnected Amid SIM–NIN Linkage by jaxxy(m): 8:09am On Dec 13, 2021
Stemkay:
Stop deceiving us, this will only affect the innocent ones looking for their daily breads.

Do u mean they don't know these bandits? Someone has been going all about in d name of having peace talk with d so call bandits, how come he knows them?
When the evil man is in power the people suffer is what we are currently experiencing in this country.

Having professionally guided peace talks with bandits and ipob is not wrong.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Formatting A SIM Card / Infinix Unveils The Zero 6 Flagship Device To Nigeria / Which 40k Android Phone Can I Buy In Ph

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.