Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,997 members, 7,873,210 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 10:01 AM

My Dad Still Treats Me Like A Kid Despite My Age - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Dad Still Treats Me Like A Kid Despite My Age (23499 Views)

I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing / Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! / At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Dad Still Treats Me Like A Kid Despite My Age by ahnie: 4:01pm On Dec 13, 2021
folake4u:

This is an underrated comment. cheesy
If you know,you know.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Still Treats Me Like A Kid Despite My Age by folake4u(f): 4:03pm On Dec 13, 2021
ahnie:

If you know,you know.

cheesy

Re: My Dad Still Treats Me Like A Kid Despite My Age by Crenzywilliams(m): 5:10pm On Dec 13, 2021
LilMissFavvy:
Shut the fucckkk up and get lostt. Did I condemn the dad? I can remember when we were growing up as children, we used to have a savings box where he had some little monies, so I understand how he feels, that's why I said he should be patient.
Holdup, na me u wan learn how to curse?
Re: My Dad Still Treats Me Like A Kid Despite My Age by osaeti(f): 5:34pm On Dec 13, 2021
How do u expect somebody that lost probably the only love of his life at that age to behave. Now the only kid that the only love of his life gave to him how do expect him to treat the child.

If care is not taken dat university sef u will b going from his house, he loves u too much to see u b liked by other pple dats Wat is happening.
Re: My Dad Still Treats Me Like A Kid Despite My Age by Elmander1983(m): 5:59pm On Dec 13, 2021
U must learn ooo! He is only training you!
Calm down go finish school then, u go gain more grounds.
NnolimNzubechi:
Hello Nairalanders

My mom died when I was 3 years, and I was the only child she had before she died.

It's been just me and My Dad since then, My childhood was a lonely one. My Dad is 39 years while me am 19years, I will be 20 next year. My dad was young when my mom gave birth to me.

Now my problem is that, despite my age my dad still cages me, he doesn't give me freedom and he doesn't allow me to keep friends, any time he sees me talking with a male friend, he will tell me he doesn't want to see me with anybody, I can't be out side when time done pass 6pm oo or else Na wahala.

At 19 years I can't boast of 1k cos am always staying at his shop, and the thing is driving me crazy. As a man, checking my account balance and seeing (N0.00) dey make me sad, and I don't know how to tell him that I want to stop going to his shop and start a hustling for myself.

I just finished my secondary school and I thought he would give me some free hand but for where?? He gets more strict as time as goes on and its making me hate him. And my dad is a very hot tempered man, he nor dey understand at all at all. Am even tired of staying with him, I have been with him since 19 years, travel he nor dey gree make I travel.

My question is, will he ever stop being like this? I don't want any one to delay me in my life cos it seems it's what he is trying to do, i want to be wealthy at a young age. Being broke makes me feel less of a man.

Please mods move to fp,before I go run commot for house embarassed
Re: My Dad Still Treats Me Like A Kid Despite My Age by heyhey2016: 10:06pm On Dec 13, 2021
nonsense everything ia rushed in this useless country, is America wrong for this? look at America's age for entering the university?
okoroemeka:
your best form to declear independence is to get admission to a university,he can no longer monitor you and the obsession will pass away,but at 19 yrs going to 20yrs I think you are already going past your prime to study,my son that is 19 yrs is already in 2nd year in the university and there are times I don't even see him for months,try and get admission and get a degree,that is a big advantage,if you want to hustle freelance ,my brother I am an igboman and knows about money,making money is the hardest task that a man can think of and it is not as easy as what you watch in the movies.
please don't discourage the young lad

Re: My Dad Still Treats Me Like A Kid Despite My Age by Teleprompter(f): 10:28pm On Dec 14, 2021
Your father loves you and has been quite responsible keeping you safe.

At 19, you may feel like an adult but in Nigeria, the reality is that you are a child. Are there any plans for you to attend higher education or learn a different trade from your father's?

At 19, most people are still dependent on their parents and since you did not complain of deprivation of basic needs, you are not doing badly.

Let your focus be on improving yourself as a person. Your dad does not want you to go astray and at 19, you might easily do so.

R I.P. to your mom and know that one day, you would have so much freedom that you won't know what to do with it.
Re: My Dad Still Treats Me Like A Kid Despite My Age by sadafansari: 8:27pm On Dec 15, 2021
It's sad to know that. I can feel that pain and stress in your father's mind and at the same time, the problem it is making for you is equally comprehensible. I would suggest that you should talk properly to your father in this matter. He's not old and that is his utmost right to get married. Ask him politely if he consider getting married. This way can release the ties upon you. Subsequently, share share some parenting plan https://thedivorcesolutionist.com/how-your-parenting-plan-can-keep-you-in-embroiled-in-court-battles/ with him that will open his eyes regarding becoming responsible and confident in you.
Re: My Dad Still Treats Me Like A Kid Despite My Age by HoneyWholesaler: 12:03pm On Dec 16, 2021
For the least expensive wholesaler of original undiluted HONEY straight from the bee farm, check my signature
Re: My Dad Still Treats Me Like A Kid Despite My Age by alimat63(m): 11:53am On Mar 07, 2022
Don't run away. Be patient he will change with time. Work hard to gain admission so as to get freedom but don't abuse the freedom please. I think he wants to protect you but he is not applying wisdom. If you like to pray talk to God about it especially about his hot temper disposition.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

12 Ways On How To Relate With Your In-laws / Is It Wrong For Parents To Display Affection In Front Of Their Children? / Newly Married Woman Narrates How Husband Abuses Her Daily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.