Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,202 members, 7,974,050 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 02:37 PM

Augustine Eguavoen's Profile & Career - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Augustine Eguavoen's Profile & Career (21394 Views)

NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles / Augustine Eguavoen Did A Fine Job As Super Eagles Coach (Unpopular Opinion) / Twitter Verifies Augustine Eguavoen's Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Augustine Eguavoen's Profile & Career by Roon9(m): 7:53am On Dec 13, 2021
Nawa
Re: Augustine Eguavoen's Profile & Career by lexy2014: 7:54am On Dec 13, 2021
athaboi:
Abeg he should shift with his profile...hope they have plans of appointing a quality substantive head coach because I don't know what Eguavon did during his time as head coach that will warrant his return

I share your sentiments. Salisu is still chief coach.

1 Like

Re: Augustine Eguavoen's Profile & Career by Ekpekus(m): 7:54am On Dec 13, 2021
Segzy19:
Amuneke would have been better....
Exactly...
When was the last time Eguaveon handled a competitive team? His track record is there for all to see...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Augustine Eguavoen's Profile & Career by Ikea81: 7:54am On Dec 13, 2021
Unstable career. Na so so resign, resign after few months of an appointment and woeful performanaces.

2 Likes

Re: Augustine Eguavoen's Profile & Career by wabbyland(m): 7:55am On Dec 13, 2021
'Resigned' just full him profile

1 Like

Re: Augustine Eguavoen's Profile & Career by SmartPolician: 7:55am On Dec 13, 2021
Segzy19:
Amuneke would have been better....

I would have preferred Sampson Siasia

1 Like

Re: Augustine Eguavoen's Profile & Career by youngest85(m): 7:57am On Dec 13, 2021
What about 2003 under 17, 2006 afcon?
Re: Augustine Eguavoen's Profile & Career by WHITELIGHTER: 8:00am On Dec 13, 2021
Reverse as always…. From bad to worst

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Augustine Eguavoen's Profile & Career by Nobody: 8:00am On Dec 13, 2021
I prefer oliseh...that man won't allow nff interfere with his selections.....I won't forget wat he did for foturn sittard.....na correct coach e be

1 Like

Re: Augustine Eguavoen's Profile & Career by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:00am On Dec 13, 2021
Some of the Super eagles players he coached did not like him.
Re: Augustine Eguavoen's Profile & Career by AmazingELixir: 8:00am On Dec 13, 2021
grin

So many resignations in his coaching career...the man seem colossal failure oo

1 Like

Re: Augustine Eguavoen's Profile & Career by Investorozay: 8:03am On Dec 13, 2021
Jibabs2:
Chai.... Resign everywhere

Profile no pure at all

1 Like

Re: Augustine Eguavoen's Profile & Career by Kingmena: 8:06am On Dec 13, 2021
I just hope he will deliver, not just profile.
Do you do business, I have a material that will help you restructure your business to function effectively without your supervision and maximize profit when you contact me for just a token
Re: Augustine Eguavoen's Profile & Career by Jibabs2(m): 8:07am On Dec 13, 2021
Investorozay:

Profile no pure at all
Aswear

1 Like

Re: Augustine Eguavoen's Profile & Career by corbanstevee: 8:08am On Dec 13, 2021
This profile is somehow dissatisfying for me he spent maximum one year with any club side he coached or “caretakered”.

Football enthusiast, please, is this a sound resume for the Nigerian football side or it’s his honor to bow out whenever his team loses and is this the best practice
Re: Augustine Eguavoen's Profile & Career by williams77(m): 8:08am On Dec 13, 2021
We should not forget how NFF ended his last stint with the Eagles, he was without a fixed salary, being owed severally, being forced to pick some players against his wish and sacked unjustly, any local coach that stands his ground against the NFF on a platform of integrity and respect would always have problem with the NFF, ask Samson Siasia and other ex-coaches of the Eagles without forgetting how they treated late Stephen Keshi.
Re: Augustine Eguavoen's Profile & Career by hope4nigeria(m): 8:11am On Dec 13, 2021
olusledge:
From Fry pan to fire.
imagine someone who never have any successful outing

1 Like

Re: Augustine Eguavoen's Profile & Career by Acekoncepts27(m): 8:12am On Dec 13, 2021
I still remember this man,,,,he has been on this position for several times
Re: Augustine Eguavoen's Profile & Career by SamuelLoch: 8:13am On Dec 13, 2021
olusledge:
From Fry pan to fire.

Honestly, based on his profile, he hasn't achieved much.
He has only worked with several teams, but he is always resigning why?
He doesn't meet the clubs demands.

Sounds like frying pan to fire, truly

2 Likes

Re: Augustine Eguavoen's Profile & Career by SamuelLoch: 8:15am On Dec 13, 2021
corbanstevee:
This profile is somehow dissatisfying for me he spent maximum one year with any club side he coached or “caretakered”.

Football enthusiast, please, is this a sound resume for the Nigerian football side or it’s his honor to bow out whenever his team loses and is this the best practice

This profile would dissatisfy Nigerians.
Seems he has the self-respect to leave the club before he makes his streak even worse.

1 Like

Re: Augustine Eguavoen's Profile & Career by phemmie06(m): 8:15am On Dec 13, 2021
But they kicked against the news few days ago
Re: Augustine Eguavoen's Profile & Career by iLoveYouToo(m): 8:15am On Dec 13, 2021
crisubanijunior:
WHAT A PROFILE: smh

During his varied career Eguavoen began his career with ACB Lagos in his native Nigeria, some impressive performances gained him a move to Gent in 1986. He went on to play for K.V. Kortrijk, CD Ourense, Sacramento Scorpions, Torpedo Moscow and finished his career in Malta with Sliema Wanderers.

Sliema Wanderers:

Eguavoen began his coaching career in Malta with Sliema Wanderers, he was given the job for the 2000–01 season, and guided the club to a second-place finish.

Eguavoen was appointed the caretaker coach of the Nigeria national team in June 2005 with his coaching staff including Samson Siasia, Daniel Amokachi and Ike Shorunmu.

Black Leopards:

Eguavoen then moved to South Africa, to take over Premier Soccer League side Black Leopards in March 2008.

Enyimba International:

In the 2008–09 season, Eguavoen was head coach at Enyimba International in Aba, however he left soon after, leading them to a 3rd-place finish in league and winning the Federation Cup.

His Return to Nigeria

In June 2010, the Nigeria Football Federation asked Eguavoen to replace Swedish Lars Lagerbäck until he decide his future plans. He was brought in as caretaker manager but said that he has no intention of submitting an application to take the role on a permanent basis. Eguavoen was also appointed as the head coach of the Nigeria national under-23 football team in August 2010. He expected his team would have a qualification for the 2012 London Olympic Games, but they were knocked out in the group stage. On 5 December 2011, he resigned from his job following the failure to secure the Olympics ticket.

On 27 October 2012, he was named manager of Sharks F.C. to allow John Obuh to concentrate on the Nigeria Under-20 team. He resigned however after seven games when the team started at the bottom of the table. He signed in April 2013 to coach Nigeria National League side COD United. In November 2013 he was hired by the Edo State government to coach Bendel Insurance with the intent of getting them back to the Premier League.He resigned in July 2014 to take over Gombe United F.C. In April 2017, he joined Sunshine Stars F.C.[4] but was let go in June after a home loss to league leaders Plateau United

Don’t fret bro, this appointment is the necessary 3 STEPS BACKWARDS we always take in Nigeria after a giant step forward. Things need to be kept stagnant by the powers that be. SMH

1 Like

Re: Augustine Eguavoen's Profile & Career by Hezmatosky: 8:15am On Dec 13, 2021
Reshuffling no go kill us for this country kiss
Re: Augustine Eguavoen's Profile & Career by KosiGee(m): 8:16am On Dec 13, 2021
hisexcellency34:
We don't need any useless foreign coach again. Eguavoen understand Eagles very well

Which Eguavoen understands the Eagles well??

Did you read the story or made any attempt to go through Eguavoen’s cv??
The least person to manage the Super Eagles is this man.
His career is full of resignation and under performances. If he was a politician, he will be synonymous with abandoned projects.

He under performed at Malta with Sliema Wanderers, he was at Enyimba, South Africa….all same story…failure

He was at Bendel Insurance. He has managed the Eagles, he was coach of the under23 that failed to get to London Olympics.

How did he get this job?? Eguavoen failed to lift any team when there was much support and less pressure, how would he lift an Eagle that needs more than motivation to perform.

Eguavoen is not a good manager and he is no crisis manager.

I forgot that he was the one who nearly helped Nigeria to overcome italy in 1994 when his encounter with Gianfranco Zola got Zola sent off but he Eguavoen calamitously bundled and wrestled Antonio Benarrivo down resulting in the penalty kick by Roberto Baggio which ended Nigeria’s campaign in the US 94. Eguavoen has failed to develop and I don’t think he should manage the Super Eagles at this time.

1 Like

Re: Augustine Eguavoen's Profile & Career by ShoeShineGuy: 8:19am On Dec 13, 2021
grin The thing just tire me o I swear!
When there are better tested, more technical and result-oriented coaches who have done so well with some African countries.

The corrupt cabal at NFF are just simply setting up Austin Eguavoen!

olusledge:
From Fry pan to fire.

1 Like

Re: Augustine Eguavoen's Profile & Career by beejay85: 8:21am On Dec 13, 2021
onlyonechid84:
HIS CAREER:

During his varied career Eguavoen began his career with ACB Lagos in his native Nigeria, some impressive performances gained him a move to Gent in 1986. He went on to play for K.V. Kortrijk, CD Ourense, Sacramento Scorpions, Torpedo Moscow and finished his career in Malta with Sliema Wanderers.

Sliema Wanderers:

Eguavoen began his coaching career in Malta with Sliema Wanderers, he was given the job for the 2000–01 season, and guided the club to a second-place finish.

Eguavoen was appointed the caretaker coach of the Nigeria national team in June 2005 with his coaching staff including Samson Siasia, Daniel Amokachi and Ike Shorunmu.

Black Leopards:

Eguavoen then moved to South Africa, to take over Premier Soccer League side Black Leopards in March 2008.

Enyimba International:

In the 2008–09 season, Eguavoen was head coach at Enyimba International in Aba, however he left soon after, leading them to a 3rd-place finish in league and winning the Federation Cup.

His Return to Nigeria

In June 2010, the Nigeria Football Federation asked Eguavoen to replace Swedish Lars Lagerbäck until he decide his future plans. He was brought in as caretaker manager but said that he has no intention of submitting an application to take the role on a permanent basis. Eguavoen was also appointed as the head coach of the Nigeria national under-23 football team in August 2010. He expected his team would have a qualification for the 2012 London Olympic Games, but they were knocked out in the group stage. On 5 December 2011, he resigned from his job following the failure to secure the Olympics ticket.

On 27 October 2012, he was named manager of Sharks F.C. to allow John Obuh to concentrate on the Nigeria Under-20 team. He resigned however after seven games when the team started at the bottom of the table. He signed in April 2013 to coach Nigeria National League side COD United. In November 2013 he was hired by the Edo State government to coach Bendel Insurance with the intent of getting them back to the Premier League.He resigned in July 2014 to take over Gombe United F.C. In April 2017, he joined Sunshine Stars F.C.[4] but was let go in June after a home loss to league leaders Plateau United

This man doesn't inspire confidence at all.. his facial expressions during matches invoke fear in the spectators even while winning.... grin
I wish him all the best
Re: Augustine Eguavoen's Profile & Career by FKMagazine(m): 8:23am On Dec 13, 2021
On another news
Re: Augustine Eguavoen's Profile & Career by FKMagazine(m): 8:23am On Dec 13, 2021
In another news
Re: Augustine Eguavoen's Profile & Career by hikiki(m): 8:33am On Dec 13, 2021
Another clueless coach...This one worst pass Rohr....Auto reverse NFF

1 Like

Re: Augustine Eguavoen's Profile & Career by NTUNWA(m): 8:38am On Dec 13, 2021
This man of all Coaches. Hope he is not the one to take us o AFCON.
Re: Augustine Eguavoen's Profile & Career by psalmistkakah(m): 8:40am On Dec 13, 2021
profile not imoressive.... No international recognition.. Hope he do well...
Re: Augustine Eguavoen's Profile & Career by Marcobos12: 8:45am On Dec 13, 2021
Failure is smelling everywhere. From below average coach to amateur coach. Why bringing a failure to replace Rohr. These are the things that will happen under Engoavor:
1. Super eagles will struggle all through the group stages.
2. If by chance they qualify, they will be humiliated out of the tournament.
3. They won't go beyond round 16.
4. I and so many football fans will suspend watching super eagle matches until NFF hire what we can call a coach even if it means bringing back rohr.
These are the facts I knew about Engoavor:
1. Under him as eaglet coach, Nigeria failed to make it from the group stages in one under 17 FIFA world cup despite the chances of three teams qualifying out of four in a group. In fact, he had only 3 points from a possible 9 points.

2. Under him Ghana disgraced Nigeria in a friendly match played in London by 4 goals to nil and that was the match that led to his sacked.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tunde Onakoya And Deborah Quickpen Chess Match Holds On June 11, 2024 / Philippe Troussier: "I Will Beat Nigeria In Uyo, I Know Their Weaknesses" / Flying Eagles Are The Winners Of The African Youth Championship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.