Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,814 members, 7,872,719 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:39 PM

My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist (34773 Views)

8-year Old Fearlessly Preaches The Gospel On The Streets Of London (video) / Media Ignore Dad's Losing Battle Over 7yr Old's Transition Despite Public Outcry / "My 2-Year-Old Son Killed This Black Snake" - Mum Says, Thanks God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by ratiken(m): 7:10pm On Dec 13, 2021
Tetehjewels:

Just use the word CONFUSION and I will understand

And it quits being confusion once it aligns with your definition of Christian God despite all the ambiguities that trails your explanation of him.

You people should stop limiting the supreme Being . He is beyond your definition of God..... He is way more than that

5 Likes

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by ikennamadu1(m): 7:11pm On Dec 13, 2021
OP .. please if they believe God does not exist .. and nature is everything.. please ask them .. if they believe in nature and it's existence.. why are they experiencing natural disasters... Like earthquake volcano eruption.. why are people dieing as a result of this disasters.. why is nature not saving dem from this disasters since they believe in nature... Nature should save them from this things listed above ...

2 Likes

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Nine2ten: 7:11pm On Dec 13, 2021
I usually keep my thoughts to myself
I don't consider myself an atheist.
But a quick question here

Which God will you recommend to an atheist that decides to believe in the existence of God?
Is it JESUS, ALLAH, OGUN etc

6 Likes

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Nobody: 7:13pm On Dec 13, 2021
ratiken:

And it quits being confusion once it aligns with your definition of Christian God despite all the ambiguities that trails your explanation of him.

You people should stop limiting the supreme Being . He is beyond your definition of God..... He is way more than that

No it doesn't quit being confusion for me but for them. You cannot keep putting yourself under labels and sub definitions like you are just a fleshly statistic and nothing more.

Their problem not mine
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Jbleenk: 7:14pm On Dec 13, 2021
Tetehjewels:

Not interested. We have seen a family where father and mother are doctors and they have 6 kids and 4 of those kids chose medicine while the other two chose something entirely unrelated to medicine so your argument is void

These thingS have no basis for comparison. How can you juxtapose professions with religion?

You are taken to church or mosque as the case may be all your life, indoctrinating an uncritical religious system in you where what u think does not matter, you are comparing that with a schooling system where you have a certain degree of allowance to choose you profession.

No basis for comparing. When I get home I will eleborate on this religion and paste here I will only hope u read it objectively. Let me get home. Nigerians need some schooling on this

6 Likes

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by brainhgeek(m): 7:14pm On Dec 13, 2021
Tetehjewels:
My Son is super smart and at 8 has already been given double promotion twice in school. The 1st one he got was in the 2nd term of that year and he was only able to join the new class in their 3rd term yet he still came first and the school thought it necessary to move him again. So he is now in a class with kids 3yrs older than he is and already besting them too.

We are a very God loving family and even though I have never sat my son down to talk to him about God, I do ensure he goes to Church with me and joins me in my daily morning devotions. I do notice that he has an extremely inquisitive mind and would rather watch educational channels on DStv than cartoons especially since they stopped showing his best cartoon "Goku"

So we have this neighbour who is from Greece. His 7 yr old son and my son can be considered best of friends and they visit each other at will. So on this day he came to visit and while they were hanging out I suddenly heard them arguing from his room. Normally their arguments would be over a video game or something else but this one was interesting. They were arguing about God!

I stood by the door and listened. Apparently that day revealed to me that my neighbour is an atheist but I never knew and he has been indoctrinating his 7yr old son along those lines because I clearly heard the boy say to my Son, "God does not exist, he is just a story"

So here is the convo

Him: God is not real, He does not exist, He is just a story

My Son: Ethan what did you say?

Him: God is not real, He is just like Santa who also isn't real

My Son: How do you know he isn't real?

Him: Well my dad said he isn't real because he just isn't. Have you seen him?

My Son: So your dad says God isn't real because he hasn't seen him? So something isn't real because you can't see it? But what about feeling Him?

Him: Feelings are not something we can um um fully determine because they can be misleading

My Son: How can you say Feelings are misleading, you are my friend right? (He goes yeah?) So how are you sure you are my friend if your feelings can be misleading. Can you say your feelings misled you into being my friend?

Him: No that's not what I was trying to say

My Son cuts him off with a sharp tone: So if your feelings did not mislead you into being my friend how then do feelings mislead you?

Him: Have you felt God before?

My Son: No but I do know that I think about him a lot

Him: umm umm but How would you possibly be thinking about something that does not exist

My Son: Exactly Ethan!

At this point I step into the room and cheerfully say Okay guys playtime is over (because I needed to stop the argument and get my Son to study by asking his friend to go home)

However his final comment "Exactly Ethan" resonated with me and made me think that comment was actually directed at Ethan's dad and not Ethan because apparently he had been talking about the non existence of God to his Son A LOT!

So how do you constantly talk or think about Something or Someone that doesn't exist?

That son of yours, wake every morning and bless him. Generals are not easy to birth these days.
May God grant you the wisdom to lead him and grant the boy also the boldness and right words to use when talking to atheists.

1 Like

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by waploger(m): 7:16pm On Dec 13, 2021
Couldn't help myself..... but is the Devil real?
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by peacettw: 7:16pm On Dec 13, 2021
BlueAngel444:
Lol, so some people here dey vex say person either dey imagine say him get genius piking or him dey hype him pikin.

ROFL, make una go born ur own hype.

Another one said, he is brainwashing his own child. Na wa, so to teach ur own pikin now na brainwashing grin

This is quite funny grin
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by michoim(m): 7:16pm On Dec 13, 2021
I advise you not to allow your son to be too intimate with the atheist but walk circumspectedly...
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Nobody: 7:17pm On Dec 13, 2021
Now that is limiting.
Scientists set these methods of knowing.
As they are ways of 'proving' scientifically.

Now let me tell you something, God is beyond that scope but there are things within that scope that points to him.

Even to a person who doesn't believe in science, there are things that would point to God within his understanding of things.

Those are the footprints God has left for man.
Permit me to show you an historical record of thousands of years of how things came into being by an intelligent being.
Psalm 90:2 ESV
Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever you had formed the earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God.

Job 12:7
“But ask the animals, and they will teach you,
or the birds in the sky, and they will tell you;
8 or speak to the earth, and it will teach you,
or let the fish in the sea inform you.
9 Which of all these does not know
that the hand of the Lord has done this?
10 In his hand is the life of every creature
and the breath of all mankind.
11 Does not the ear test words
as the tongue tastes food?
12 Is not wisdom found among the aged?
Does not long life bring understanding?

13 “To God belong wisdom and power;
counsel and understanding are his.
LordReed:

Because that is how we know things that exist. Everything that we know for certain exists follows these rules.

2 Likes

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Nobody: 7:17pm On Dec 13, 2021
brainhgeek:

That son of yours, wake every morning and bless him. Generals are not easy to birth these days.
May God grant you the wisdom to lead him and grant the boy also the boldness and right words to use when talking to atheists.

Amen brother

1 Like

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by BlueAngel444: 7:18pm On Dec 13, 2021
SimplePlan34:

Fantastic it means he is partial. How do u explain a person born handicapped. Born in war regions yea u would say grace but grace is not merited so there is no performance requirement. If no performance requirement what should the disfavoured ones do if u are ready to reason deeply I am game. But u would need to step out of Ur circle.
lol bro calm down, I would not say what you claim or assume I would say.

And also, lmao, God said He would be merciful unto whosoever He chooses to be merciful to.
If you say that's partial, ooo, oo, if you say He is unfair or fair, the question is are we better.. As to judge Him? cheesy

And who says God has no requirements for those he favors... Or wait.. Is it our stand up pulpit speakers grin
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by peacettw: 7:21pm On Dec 13, 2021
Tetehjewels:

Just use the word CONFUSION and I will understand

Good one. grin
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Ever8090: 7:22pm On Dec 13, 2021
johnydon22:

In what planet did your son win the argument? First, your son tried to establish feeling as a basis for God's existence, committing the first blunder of mistaking emotions to somehow infer objective existence of an entity.

Then even though your son tried to establish feelings as a basis for the existence of God, he also agreed he never felt God but rather thinks about God a lot, how on earth is thinking about something a pointer that it exists in reality?

Thinking only alludes to conceptual existence not actual.

Example: Dragons does not exist because we think about them a lot, Captain America do not exist because we think of him a lot, the avengers do not exist because they awake intense emotions (feelings) in us whenever we read about their fictitious heroic deeds in comics or movies.

Conceptually, these fictitious ideas exist, in reality, they do not.

Your son strawmaned the other kids argument, based his on a faulty premise and just talked over the other kid.

There is absolutely nothing smart about your fictitious son, bring out your arguments proudly instead of trying to heap them on an eight year old that exists only in your imaginations.
if you an atheist, I would like to engage you briefly,.
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Dranoid: 7:24pm On Dec 13, 2021
Tetehjewels:

Well my Dad was a smoker and a social drinker but I have never smoked or drank in my life.

My wife was born into a family where her mom was a fish monger while her Dad was a news man but she grew up becoming a Banker.

Does this nullify your argument? smiley
your dad probably never forced cigarettes on you as a child, plus your wife's parents had different jobs hence its not something that heavily influences choice of career plus, at the time when one chooses a career you have attained a certain level of maturity that a child in Sunday school (or the Muslim equivalent) does not have. You can agree that your perceptions of the world is learnt? Yeah? And also its the same reason racism is taught (though I feel some people have more innate tendencies towards it)

3 Likes

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by ReacherSaidNoth: 7:24pm On Dec 13, 2021
Takeproft:
You should be ashamed of yourself for indoctrinating your son and turning around to accuse another of indoctrinating their son
The fvcking irony grin

4 Likes

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Nobody: 7:25pm On Dec 13, 2021
Good.
The Biblical answer is that nobody created God. He is by nature the eternal God. He was not created at all. He always was, is, and always will be. He did not work Himself up into a position to be God neither did He inherit the position from His parents, for He had no parents-no mother, no father. He has no beginning and will have no end. The fact that God is eternal is stressed in the Bible.
He is un caused.
https://www.blueletterbible.org/faq/don_stewart/don_stewart_289.cfm
Dranoid:
since you are saying that all these events and things must have a creator, I think the answer to your question is the same answer to who created God (I'm assuming God is the creator you speak of)
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by slyfox35(m): 7:25pm On Dec 13, 2021
Tetehjewels:

Had my kid read through your comment twice and he looked at me with a smile after reading it the second time and asked me to really explain to him what an atheist is (what is an atheist) those were his words after I had told him an atheist typed that. So had to take a few minutes to explain the who and what of atheism.

He paused and then said "okay".

He now asked a question connected to your comment about feelings. He actually asked me the question but I will direct it to you instead.

He said,"Um Daddy when grandma left us did you feel sad?"

I said we all felt sad you know this.

He said did Uncle Dennis know Grandma before she left us? I said no he didn't (because Dennis is a new friend I just made from his PTA meeting for the new class and my grandma died 2yrs ago so he never knew me or her then.

He said if Uncle Dennis is told now that we all felt sad when grandma left us would he be upset at us?

I said I don't think so

He now said "why would someone get upset and argue my own feelings with me which I feel toward someone or something that makes me happy even if that person or thing does not exist?" He paused then continued

"I mean is it actually the non existence of that which makes me happy they are unhappy with or arguing about or they are arguing over my own feelings which are mine to have?"

"If I am happy over the thoughts about Grandma why should this be of any concern to anyone since to them they never met or knew or experienced Grandma right?"

Now it was my turn to smile. This kid has a way with his thoughts and words and the way he pauses, looks down and talks as if he is reading it from somewhere it was written on the floor baffles me.

So that's his Question to you. He asks questions a lot so expect more of that if you reply this..afterall he is just 8 smiley
Oga..u just dey lie,no 8 year old son,go dey decieve yourself

3 Likes

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by marylandcakes: 7:26pm On Dec 13, 2021
The greatest injustice done to Africans is brainwashing and enslavement by way of religion.

7 Likes

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by BlueAngel444: 7:26pm On Dec 13, 2021
LordReed:

Note that you are the one bringing up evolution and Big bang not me.

Yes, I think all things arise from physical processes that are the result of the 4 fundamental forces of the universe interacting with energy to produce very effects. No I don't believe an intelligence is behind it because these interactions can be seen functioning without the presence of any mind. These processes are built on or preceeded by other processes going back till where our capabilities to investigate are exhausted. If you posit there is a mind you need to answer how you know this mind exists and how others can know it.
ROFL

E get reason why for bible e talk say, na fool dey say God no dey.

If anyone believes that instead of accepting that it requires intelligence for creation, and therefore there is a supreme intelligence and it rules. Which is evident in our present day that intelligence rules the world. But instead believes like every brute fool that mindless actions are both cause and precedent.

How profoundedly foolish, to have a mind and still believe that creation is possible without.

It's soo stupid, it's like saying a baby can survive without intelligence or a matured mind
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by SimplePlan34: 7:26pm On Dec 13, 2021
BlueAngel444:
lol bro calm down, I would not say what you claim or assume I would say.

And also, lmao, God said He would be merciful unto whosoever He chooses to be merciful to.
If you say that's partial, ooo, oo, if you say He is unfair or fair, the question is are we better.. As to judge Him? cheesy

And who says God has no requirements for those he favors... Or wait.. Is it our stand up pulpit speakers grin

But it's in d Bible about grace no merit for having it. If he says he would be merciful and not be merciful without a requirement then we are left in the dark.

2 Likes

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by ford101: 7:27pm On Dec 13, 2021
Tetehjewels:
My Son is super smart and at 8 has already been given double promotion twice in school. The 1st one he got was in the 2nd term of that year and he was only able to join the new class in their 3rd term yet he still came first and the school thought it necessary to move him again. So he is now in a class with kids 3yrs older than he is and already besting them too.

We are a very God loving family and even though I have never sat my son down to talk to him about God, I do ensure he goes to Church with me and joins me in my daily morning devotions. I do notice that he has an extremely inquisitive mind and would rather watch educational channels on DStv than cartoons especially since they stopped showing his best cartoon "Goku"

So we have this neighbour who is from Greece. His 7 yr old son and my son can be considered best of friends and they visit each other at will. So on this day he came to visit and while they were hanging out I suddenly heard them arguing from his room. Normally their arguments would be over a video game or something else but this one was interesting. They were arguing about God!

I stood by the door and listened. Apparently that day revealed to me that my neighbour is an atheist but I never knew and he has been indoctrinating his 7yr old son along those lines because I clearly heard the boy say to my Son, "God does not exist, he is just a story"

So here is the convo

Him: God is not real, He does not exist, He is just a story

My Son: Ethan what did you say?

Him: God is not real, He is just like Santa who also isn't real

My Son: How do you know he isn't real?

Him: Well my dad said he isn't real because he just isn't. Have you seen him?

My Son: So your dad says God isn't real because he hasn't seen him? So something isn't real because you can't see it? But what about feeling Him?

Him: Feelings are not something we can um um fully determine because they can be misleading

My Son: How can you say Feelings are misleading, you are my friend right? (He goes yeah?) So how are you sure you are my friend if your feelings can be misleading. Can you say your feelings misled you into being my friend?

Him: No that's not what I was trying to say

My Son cuts him off with a sharp tone: So if your feelings did not mislead you into being my friend how then do feelings mislead you?

Him: Have you felt God before?

My Son: No but I do know that I think about him a lot

Him: umm umm but How would you possibly be thinking about something that does not exist

My Son: Exactly Ethan!

At this point I step into the room and cheerfully say Okay guys playtime is over (because I needed to stop the argument and get my Son to study by asking his friend to go home)

However his final comment "Exactly Ethan" resonated with me and made me think that comment was actually directed at Ethan's dad and not Ethan because apparently he had been talking about the non existence of God to his Son A LOT!

So how do you constantly talk or think about Something or Someone that doesn't exist?
with all wat you wrote,your son is a fool.

4 Likes

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Blakjewelry(m): 7:27pm On Dec 13, 2021
Tetehjewels:

Ahh a connoisseur of classical music smiley

Great question. In this regard a lot of people tend to erroneously try to set up very lofty measures to test out the existence of God and they keep failing at this because as much as God is Omniscient He is also very personal and relatable even to the lowest of levels.

Thus the easiest way to prove His existence is via personalized ways which is why conversions are always via PERSONAL convictions and experiences.

James 4: 10 "Humble YOURSELF before God and He will exalt you".... (I could say he would exalt you to the point of experiencing Him for yourself).

How well do you know your god, not just few edit you read as the bible. How grounded are you in ancient Jewish religion because that is the source of your god

4 Likes

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Nobody: 7:28pm On Dec 13, 2021
The possibility that you didn't understand the bible after reading certain portions of it.
And didn't care to seek an explanation.

That a loving father casts people into hell to burn forever.
Sapiosexuality:
A possibility in what exactly?
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by BlueAngel444: 7:29pm On Dec 13, 2021
SimplePlan34:

But it's in d Bible about grace no merit for having it. If he says he would be merciful and not be merciful without a requirement then we are left in the dark.
Oya show us where it is, since you say it is na

And for ur other words, bro, I said favor. You are typing mercy. Okay o, shebi the requirements for mercy is that you ask God to forgive you, or that blood was shed for forgiveness. Isn't that a common knowledge you should have at least heard or read of.
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Ever8090: 7:30pm On Dec 13, 2021
Bluezy13:

You committed a fallacy of hasty generalization and also have wrong notion about atheism.
Atheism is not a movement. Atheism is a belief in unbelieve.
Atheism is diversified. It is erroneous to narrowly limit it to the state of being "against" God's existence.

You like pizza, I don't like pizza.
That doesn't mean I am "against" you eating pizza. Notwithstanding, I may also be against you eating pizza. So don't fallaciously generalize the impression that I am against you eating pizza.
Conclusively, atheism is of various categories.
atheism is trash, no matter how much effort you try to make it relevant it remains the most delusional feeling anyone can ever entertain even if, it is just for accedemic
reliance.
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Childofaking: 7:30pm On Dec 13, 2021
LordReed:

LMAO! Avengers don't exist yet 3 of the most successful movies on the planet are about them. Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter don't exist yet fans of either hold conventions and buy replicas of items from either franchise with almost religious gusto. The fact that we indulge in whatever fantasies we love doesn't give credence to their reality. Sure the 7yr old has been gleaning stuff off from his father and doesn't have the reflective capability of your 8 Yr old but that doesn't make your god real. Also your son might be right that not everything that real is seen but we talking of a living god not an unknown quantity. If a living god doesn't have evidence then there is no difference between your god and the Avengers.

Mr Man, who told you the living God does not have evidence. Those who have relationship with him meets with him, communicate with him interact with him on a daily basis. Those experiences are not on social media. You too can seek him and find him.

1 Like

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Oyiboman69: 7:30pm On Dec 13, 2021
OtemAtum:
Hmm. The BOOK OF UNIVERSAL HISTORY already predicted a time like this when at very tender age our kids will be arguing God-related matters. I'm happy seeing this already. The concepts of God which are available right now are the ones atheists and irreligious people see and antagonize. For instance, how will you say that God is Jehovah or Allah? Their personalities and frivolities are enough for a 5 year old kid of this generation to detect that they can't fit as God with their myopic explanation of creations, reality and the universe.

Maybe when the world finally comes to understand that THE TOTALITY OF EXISTENCE is God Almighty, then we might not be having atheists in the world again, since all atheists are aware that there is EXISTENCE and so there will be TOTALITY OF EXISTENCE(God Almighty). But for you to say that God Almighty is one of the gods in one religion or the other, then atheists will surely antagonize you.

So I think the reason why atheists keep talking about that your god is because you keep telling them that he or she is their God.
who are you?
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by lexy2014: 7:30pm On Dec 13, 2021
Havertz10:
the observable universe is vast, we have understood it's workings, it's why we send robots to other planets, it's length and breadth isn't even quantifiable because at the end of the day, there is no up or down, that perspective only functions on earth, like minded people are striving to understand the universe, so we can conquer it and explore its galaxies but religious people are cowards holding back civilization

You religious people are plainly cowards, you all suspect that religion is a ruse because how else can you explain sin, if you truly believe that there is a god and he could return at any moment, you wouldn't be able to commit sin, talkless of taking that eternally deadly risk of commiting a sin and planning to beg for forgiveness in the future

Eternity is forever they say, why then are your prayer requests 99% of the time seeking earthly benefits, if I was a devout Christian, I would be looking forward to my death with glee but na una shout jesus pass anytime small accident happen, you believe that paradise awaits you but prefer to remain here suffering grin

Your pastors orchestrate emotional ponzi schemes, miracles and testimonies to keep you invested cheesy

They also encourage you to keep reading from the same book and cultivating cult like doctrines to keep the critical parts of your mind subdued, coronavirus has exposed how stupid and malleable these pastors have made people, thankfully insults and rejections of religious opinions are on the rise and hopefully one day christianity and Islam will decline into the same level of recognition as babalawo and juju

The whole thing is comical but i understand how you feel that's why I called it cowardice because what's the alternative? There is nothing cheesy everything has to mean something, you have to mean something in the grand scheme of things, we are supposed to be special, that's why we are self aware, there has to be someone out there, a big man

you have to wake up because there is no man, we are alone, at atomic level, you and the earth are relatives, and it's not hard to understand these things, subjects like particle physics are exciting, they break down the foundational blocks of the universe down to comprehensible bits, Higgs boson alone is fascinating, there is quantum mechanics, the depth of intellectual knowledge available today is astonishing, anybody still deluded by religion is a burden on the furtherance of human advancement

When I first shunned christianity, my uncle told me about pascal's wager

He said, what if there is actually a god, isn't it better to just worship him on earth in case, christianity is not hard, you can sin and beg, god will forgive

I told him that god is a fool for creating such a pointless system of retribution, even if, of which I know that there isn't an afterlife, why would I want to spend eternity worshiping some low self esteem, egomaniac that created people to worship himself, was he lacking love? Is he lonely? why does an almighty need adoration? most christian songs are pathetic cheesy the eternal, absolute, submissiveness that you people declare cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesycheesy I give myself away cheesy cheesy conscious slavery simply because you are promised goodies here and beyond if you bow down grin the alternative is hell fire cheesy burning people alive repeatedly because they refused to obey and worship you cheesy cheesy he also gives you freewill after impeding first it with knowledge of both scenarios cheesy cheesy and guilting you with the supposed ceremonial death of his beloved son cheesy which is also him cheesy

If god is real, he is an obsessive, narcissistic psychopath

it's not enough that he is unimaginably manipulative, he also allows billions to die unnecessarily in a poorly designed universe, see his best work, humans, for ordinary food to go from meat in your mouth to become atp that your cells use, the amount of work required to accomplish that process is barbaric cheesy it's this need for plenty biological machinery that overworks our cells and leds to it's eventual demise, very poor optimization

Ordinary car engine with thousands of moving parts has a limit of 200k miles

Talkless of humans with trillions of biological operations in our body

there is no big man, we are alone bro better wake up and structure your life to contribute to the advancement of equitable benefits to human life and well being, all these things you are enjoying today, na people think am, do the maths to create them, you religious people have swallow, imaginary depths because the foundation of your understanding of reality is flawed

At atomic level, everything is the same

Our inherent flaws are similar to the ones in the universe, we are all one and the same, you are a temporal congregation of atomic particles bounded by forces of the universe, self aware of it's own existence and its surrounding

Entropy is the real mvp here not your man made god. humans are biologically flawed, the universe is aggregately flawed, complex congregations of atomic machines that have formed in the grand scheme of things randomly, it's very clear that there wasn't any intelligent mind behind anything

U haven't answered the question:

If u can fathom d universe, can u tell me how wide it is and what is its entire make up?

1 Like

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by XXXXTENTACION: 7:31pm On Dec 13, 2021
Tetehjewels:

smiley He is smarter than that. He is MY SON so I know
If your son is smart he will grow up and realise that religion is a scam... A loving God who orders the genocide of a whole tribe to tell you what religion is just an opium for the poor masses... embarassed

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Nobody: 7:33pm On Dec 13, 2021
At the first bolded, wrong.
The proof of both are evident.

At the second bolded, don't generalise on the "ruling class" as some of the ruling class believe in a God and some do not.

It's always a cliché to say such things but that doesn't make them true.
Marx was wrong.

Farki:

This logic isn't consistent.

We can demonstrate the existence of a magnetic field, but we can't demonstrate the existence of God.

Why?

Because most likely these stories where people would "speak" to him and gain miraculous powers never happened.

They tell us to follow and arbitrary set of rules which mainly benefit the ruling class and tell us we will only see God when we die.
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Nobody: 7:33pm On Dec 13, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:
If your son is smart he will grow up and realise that religion is a scam... A loving God who orders the genocide of a whole tribe to tell you what religion is just an opium for the poor masses... embarassed

Yet he knows HIS father loves him and so did his father's father and so on until we understand why we actually have the urge to love put in us and the "source" of this urge.

He is in safe hands. Thanks for your concern

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

Samuel Uche: Pastor Fatoyinbo And Busola Dakolo Rape Allegation, Foolish / Eid-el-kabir: Church Distributes Food, Cash To Muslims In Kaduna State (photo) / Native Doctor Claims A Family Member Is Responsible For Death Of 6 Kids In Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.