Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,399 members, 7,978,268 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 01:25 AM

The Pressure Of Fraud Amongst Youths. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Pressure Of Fraud Amongst Youths. (564 Views)

EFCC Hands Over Recovered N191, 000 To Victim Of Fraud In Enugu(photos) / Grand Jury Indicts Olalekan Ponle Of Fraud, Faces 20 Years in Prison / The Woman Who Is Accused Of Fraud At Union Bank In Abuja Is Also A Pastor(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Pressure Of Fraud Amongst Youths. by Blurpy: 11:25am On Dec 14, 2021
Back in the days I can remember, in my younger days, if it's heard that you're doing yahoo, it's a very big taboo. I remember it was called 419 then, nobody dares to come out openly and say he's a yahoo boy, not to talk of flaunting it as people do so now.
How things have so changed! The pressure is high, and the unemployment situation in the country isn't helping and the government is making things worse. Things like Banning of cryptocurrencies, Banning of Twitter, Further devaluation of the Naira, At a time I don't blame the large population of youths going into Fraud. If the country is good, people wouldn't think about it.
I traveled to South Africa earlier this year, I was surprised how their people lives, they are very satisfied and contented with what they have, money isn't worshipped as it is done here. I think that was how it was done in Nigeria before things got worse and the poverty rate increased, I could remember if a member of a family is making illegal wealth, the rest of the family would never take any gift from him and sideline him, but now, hahaha, everybody would like to be his friend to get money from him.
I studied a medical course and yahoo is trending amongst the students, even the graduated ones are into it fully, then I wonder were the country is heading to.
The pressure to use iPhone, buy trending clothes, visit places and chop life is real and causing youths into depression.
A young guy of 22 is also pressurised whether he will make it. Chai, this country tire me .
I just want to travel abroad where academic and career progression is recognised and rewarded.
A successful yahoo boy has a promising future than a First class graduate in Nigeria.
Re: The Pressure Of Fraud Amongst Youths. by Babaken(m): 11:42am On Dec 14, 2021
The last paragraph caught my attention
Re: The Pressure Of Fraud Amongst Youths. by ashewoboy(m): 11:57am On Dec 14, 2021
we are in a society where we worship money.

Money speaking, bull she, keep quiet.

that was why nice sang a song glorifying fraud.

saying "kinshatilowo" meaning, he just wants to have money irrespective of the kind of deals he is engaged in.

na wa.
Re: The Pressure Of Fraud Amongst Youths. by ecomalchemist(m): 6:35am On Dec 15, 2021
Your outro really hit home as that's the current situation presently in Nigeria.

If you ain't getting money, you don't have a say .
Re: The Pressure Of Fraud Amongst Youths. by Blurpy: 10:57am On Dec 15, 2021
It's appalling. No value system at all.
ecomalchemist:
Your outro really hit home as that's the current situation presently in Nigeria.

If you ain't getting money, you don't have a say .

(1) (Reply)

Crystal Meth: A Dagger Drawn At The Heart Of The Economy Of Estern Nigeria / Kidnappers On Rampage In Kaduna Metropolis / Moment Portable Zazuu Zeh Try To Beat And Burst His Manager Head As He Stole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.