Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,427 members, 7,881,568 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 12:05 AM

Ndiigbo, You Must Prepare For All Eventualities - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndiigbo, You Must Prepare For All Eventualities (883 Views)

Reno Omokri: Armed Forces Must Prepare For Election Violence From Obidients / Amaechi Presidential Dreams: Ndiigbo And Ikwerre Political Opportunism / Why Ohanaeze Ndiigbo Must Restructure Itself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ndiigbo, You Must Prepare For All Eventualities by horsepower102: 5:09pm On Dec 15, 2021
If you go by action and not by words, you will realize that those shouting one Nigeria to you do not even believe in Nigeria. Their tribe comes first no matter what even though they like to hide under one Nigeria when it favors them.

Only a fool will allow themselves to be caught unawares in a storm despite seeing the dark clouds.

It’s time to prioritize Alaigbo in all our decisions going forward.

Ndigbo you must sacrifice short term thinking for long term gains.

You cannot be more catholic than the pope.
You cannot be more Christian than Jesus Christ.
You cannot be more Muslim than prophet Muhammad.

If you get it, you get it. If you don’t then so be it.

Our tragic history in this contraption should have been a lesson to all of us but some still choose to live in fantasy.

May the wise understand and take necessary actions. A word is enough for the wise.

1 Like

Re: Ndiigbo, You Must Prepare For All Eventualities by AlexBells(m): 5:17pm On Dec 15, 2021
So what solution do you have, or you think two Nigeria is the answer, the fact is, always saying the same thing over and over can not make a difference, I like the part that you said let's be prepared for any eventuality but there is a baise in your case, so if you mean it the way you said it, it should be that we should be prepared for both United and divided Nigeria only then can we make real strategy, if you only want division, well let's understand the terms

2 Likes

Re: Ndiigbo, You Must Prepare For All Eventualities by Tranquillity360: 5:18pm On Dec 15, 2021
Igbo land first.

3 Likes

Re: Ndiigbo, You Must Prepare For All Eventualities by horsepower102: 5:32pm On Dec 15, 2021
AlexBells:
So what solution do you have, or you think two Nigeria is the answer, the fact is, always saying the same thing over and over can not make a difference, I like the part that you said let's be prepared for any eventuality but there is a baise in your case, so if you mean it the way you said it, it should be that we should be prepared for both United and divided Nigeria only then can we make real strategy, if you only want division, well let's understand the terms

Yes they should prepare for both scenarios. A united dysfunctional nigeria may look certain for most at this time but history tell me otherwise. No dysfunctional society ever lasts. Name any dysfunctional society from history that ended up not breaking up.

Nigeria may not break up tomorrow but with current trajectory, It will and this thread is to advise Ndiigbo to prepare for it and dont get caught up in the one Nigeria fantasy pushed by those milking the dysfunctional system.

5 Likes

Re: Ndiigbo, You Must Prepare For All Eventualities by AlexBells(m): 5:42pm On Dec 15, 2021
horsepower102:

Yes they should prepare for both scenarios. A united dysfunctional nigeria may look certain for most at this time but history tell me otherwise. No dysfunctional society ever lasts. Name any dysfunctional society from history that ended up not breaking up.

Nigeria may not break up tomorrow but with current trajectory, It will and this thread is to advise Ndiigbo to prepare for it and dont get caught up in the one Nigeria fantasy pushed by those milking the dysfunctional system.
Have you ever watched the history of any failed state? Who really told you that if Nigeria fails that, breakup would happen in the sense we think, the truth is, this country had gone through a civil war and there is an existential threat to some sectors of the country should division be eminent, last time I checked no side is aiming for peaceful resolution,

Personally while I advocate for a formidable Igboland that can survive as a standalone, I know also that the day Nigeria divides with chaos, the ruin would be so massive and devastating.

People shouting division had not looked at the reality, the Senate is not talking about the secession clause, the people who are arguing for division is not interested in politics, how do you hope for such division to actualize, if Nigeria becomes a failed state, don't even think that such means breakup becuase the same factor that made Nigeria fail would subjugate the majority.

We need constructive and pragmatic solutions first in AlaIgbo and then much later it can apply nationwide then should Nigeria regrettably divides then we can consolidate

1 Like

Re: Ndiigbo, You Must Prepare For All Eventualities by horsepower102: 6:30pm On Dec 15, 2021
AlexBells:

Have you ever watched the history of any failed state? Who really told you that if Nigeria fails that, breakup would happen in the sense we think, the truth is, this country had gone through a civil war and there is an existential threat to some sectors of the country should division be eminent, last time I checked no side is aiming for peaceful resolution,

Personally while I advocate for a formidable Igboland that can survive as a standalone, I know also that the day Nigeria divides with chaos, the ruin would be so massive and devastating.

People shouting division had not looked at the reality, the Senate is not talking about the secession clause, the people who are arguing for division is not interested in politics, how do you hope for such division to actualize, if Nigeria becomes a failed state, don't even think that such means breakup becuase the same factor that made Nigeria fail would subjugate the majority.

We need constructive and pragmatic solutions first in AlaIgbo and then much later it can apply nationwide then should Nigeria regrettably divides then we can consolidate

The dysfunction in nigeria is simply unsustainable. Greater, stronger and better organized civilizations have broken up and yet you think a dysfunctional Nigeria will last. Even china, Japan and korea which are one of the most homogenous nations in human history have broken up multiple times throughout their histories and yet for some reason a lot of people think that this lugardian artificial creation with multiple ethnicities, religions and divergent ways of life cannot disband.

Also fixing the problems of Alaigbo won't fix Nigeria as a country. In fact you can trace so many problems in Alaigbo to the very existence of Nigeria.

Once again, my interest is for Igbo people to prepare for all eventualities so that they are not caught unprepared.
Re: Ndiigbo, You Must Prepare For All Eventualities by AlexBells(m): 6:42pm On Dec 15, 2021
horsepower102:

The dysfunction in nigeria is simply unsustainable. Greater, stronger and better organized civilizations have broken up and yet you think a dysfunctional Nigeria will last. Even china, Japan and korea which are one of the most homogenous nations in human history have broken up multiple times throughout their histories and yet for some reason a lot of people think that this lugardian artificial creation with multiple ethnicities, religions and divergent ways of life cannot disband.

Also fixing the problems of Alaigbo won't fix Nigeria as a country. In fact you can trace so many problems in Alaigbo to the very existence of Nigeria.

Once again, my interest is for Igbo people to prepare for all eventualities so that they are not caught unprepared.

Like I said earlier, you can't prepare for all eventualities with a biased mind, just prepare for breakup if you really think it is as simple as being said, you can't even pretend to really wish to prepare for any eventuality, you had given loads of preference on the breakup and I say, bravo, go ahead and breakup.

You counted China and then I would say again, India too broke up, including USSR, but one real issue you secessionist have not addressed is the mode of breakup, USSR was not a failed state, India was not a failed state, China was not a failed state, if you want to pick inspiration, look at old Rome, that's a slight example of a failed state,

Those countries you mentioned were at least ready for considerate resolution, here it is different because we are talking about existential threats, the North is suffering desertification, insecurity and landlocked, do you think breakup would not bring serious humanitarian disasters, yes they don't care about anyone else, but if the division wont be peaceful, that is ine of the factors the world would consider before the sell weapons to secessionist well if it should be peaceful then there should be need for political solutions

1 Like

Re: Ndiigbo, You Must Prepare For All Eventualities by horsepower102: 7:03pm On Dec 15, 2021
AlexBells:

Like I said earlier, you can't prepare for all eventualities with a biased mind, just prepare for breakup if you really think it is as simple as being said, you can't even pretend to really wish to prepare for any eventuality, you had given loads of preference on the breakup and I say, bravo, go ahead and breakup.

You counted China and then I would say again, India too broke up, including USSR, but one real issue you secessionist have not addressed is the mode of breakup, USSR was not a failed state, India was not a failed state, China was not a failed state, if you want to pick inspiration, look at old Rome, that's a slight example of a failed state,

Those countries you mentioned were at least ready for considerate resolution, here it is different because we are talking about existential threats, the North is suffering desertification, insecurity and landlocked, do you think breakup would not bring serious humanitarian disasters, yes they don't care about anyone else, but if the division wont be peaceful, that is ine of the factors the world would consider before the sell weapons to secessionist well if it should be peaceful then there should be need for political solutions

You keep talking about the humanitarian consequences of a break up while you have never addressed the current humanitarian disaster happening now in Nigeria. I don't need to write a list of all the current humanitarian disasters going on now in Nigeria. You are intelligent enough to know them.

That said, the current trajectory of Nigeria will lead to its eventual break up. It doesn't matter whether you or I are in support or against the break up of Nigeria. This is the conclusion that I have come to and have decided to warn Ndiigbo to prepare for all eventualities.

If you think otherwise that Nigeria is on the right track and will never break up, then explain why you think so.
Re: Ndiigbo, You Must Prepare For All Eventualities by AlexBells(m): 7:14pm On Dec 15, 2021
horsepower102:

You keep talking about the humanitarian consequences of a break up while you have never addressed the current humanitarian disaster happening now in Nigeria. I don't need to write a list of all the current humanitarian disasters going on now in Nigeria. You are intelligent enough to know them.

That said, the current trajectory of Nigeria will lead to its eventual break up. It doesn't matter whether you or I are in support or against the break up of Nigeria. This is the conclusion that I have come to and have decided to warn Ndiigbo to prepare for all eventualities.

If you think otherwise that Nigeria is on the right track and will never break up, then explain why you think so.
Breakup is a solution not a problem, Nigeria is on the trajectory to becoming a failed state not becoming a broken up state, there is a very huge distinction between a failed state and a broken up state.

Look at what is happening in the North, people are being killed everywhere, does it look like a breakup or sign of a failed state, does the perpetrators of these inhumanity look like people that can run a constituency talk more of a local government, won't they sell their subject to slavery once they run out of resources, won't they subjugate the people,

We need solutions to these problems which breakup could be one of but breakup is actually a secondary solution and not the primary becuase if this country is hijacked we don't know what lies ahead.

This country could fail and not breakup and that's the worst becuase there would be serious issue, let me ask you, did you not grow up hearing breakup, I guess you are Igbo, I grew up in Igboland and I had seen Biafran flag mounted in electric poles and other places all of my life, but why has it not come?,

Failed state looks like, people would not be able to farm, there would be shortage of everything and criminals would be satisfied first before regular people (anarchy), many things would no longer work properly, crime, many things would fold up, Nigeria is becoming a failed state and you think it is dividing, lol,
Re: Ndiigbo, You Must Prepare For All Eventualities by horsepower102: 7:14pm On Dec 15, 2021
AlexBells:

This is part 2 of my response since you said I am biased.

Nigeria has economic instability
Nigeria has political instability
Nigeria has deep religious divide
Nigeria has deep cultural philosophical divide

This is to mention some of the major ones. Now tell me any country, society or civilization that had all these and lasted? The only way to keep Nigeria going is through the barrel of a gun. To me, that's not unity. That's more like a hostage situation and it is unsustainable. You need a good economy to sustain strong security and the coming decade is going to be tough for nigeria.
Re: Ndiigbo, You Must Prepare For All Eventualities by Nobody: 7:19pm On Dec 15, 2021
Parasites

1 Like

Re: Ndiigbo, You Must Prepare For All Eventualities by AlexBells(m): 7:20pm On Dec 15, 2021
horsepower102:

This is part 2 of my response since you said I am biased.

Nigeria has economic instability
Nigeria has political instability
Nigeria has deep religious divide
Nigeria has deep cultural philosophical divide

This is to mention some of the major ones. Now tell me any country, society or civilization that had all these and lasted? The only way to keep Nigeria going is through the barrel of a gun. To me, that's not unity. That's more like a hostage situation and it is unsustainable. You need a good economy to sustain strong security and the coming decade is going to be tough for nigeria.
You had listed the problems of Nigeria and you had not also look at some realities, the fact is that if Nigeria breaks up today at least 8 countries are coming out and I should let you know the world is not ready for additional 8 heads of states from Africa,

There would be no Biafra, there would be no Niger Delta Republic, there Would be No Arewa and maybe not even the Oduduwa as we know, there things would spell a time of unkown, what I'm saying is, whatever we want, let people get on discussing the modes, you can't just be agitating for Biafra when you know that there are some non interested Easterners, same is applicable to Arewa and Oduduwa, the fact is people are not ready to be sincere, people are not ready to talk and when you look at these things, there's eventually going to be friction, let each party discover themselves in Nigeria first,
Re: Ndiigbo, You Must Prepare For All Eventualities by Ogbuefi2020: 7:21pm On Dec 15, 2021
AlexBells:

Nigeria will self-destruct, even those shouting one Nigeria are preparing for this inevitable eventuality, we should not be caught unawares

1 Like

Re: Ndiigbo, You Must Prepare For All Eventualities by AlexBells(m): 7:24pm On Dec 15, 2021
Ogbuefi2020:

Nigeria will self-destruct, even those shouting one Nigeria are preparing for this inevitable eventuality, we should not be caught unawares
Thank you for this, please may you be able to describe what you mean by self destruct and possible implications because everything is going down, and self destruct does not readily imply breakup, self destruct is self destruct
Re: Ndiigbo, You Must Prepare For All Eventualities by horsepower102: 7:25pm On Dec 15, 2021
AlexBells:

Breakup is a solution not a problem, Nigeria is on the trajectory to becoming a failed state not becoming a broken up state, there is a very huge distinction between a failed state and a broken up state.

Look at what is happening in the North, people are being killed everywhere, does it look like a breakup or sign of a failed state, does the perpetrators of these inhumanity look like people that can run a constituency talk more of a local government, won't they sell their subject to slavery once they run out of resources, won't they subjugate the people,

We need solutions to these problems which breakup could be one of but breakup is actually a secondary solution and not the primary becuase if this country is hijacked we don't know what lies ahead.

This country could fail and not breakup and that's the worst becuase there would be serious issue, let me ask you, did you not grow up hearing breakup, I guess you are Igbo, I grew up in Igboland and I had seen Biafran flag mounted in electric poles and other places all of my life, but why has it not come?,

Failed state looks like, people would not be able to farm, there would be shortage of everything and criminals would be satisfied first before regular people (anarchy), many things would no longer work properly, crime, many things would fold up, Nigeria is becoming a failed state and you think it is dividing, lol,

My guy, Nigeria is already categorized as a failed state and failed states usually end up dividing. Since you agree that nigeria is becoming a failed state but still claim it wont divide then you must be playing ignorance.

If you put a frog in water and slowly boil it, the frog won't realize that it's dying until it's too late.
Re: Ndiigbo, You Must Prepare For All Eventualities by AlexBells(m): 7:31pm On Dec 15, 2021
horsepower102:

My guy, Nigeria is already categorized as a failed state and failed states usually end up dividing. Since you agree that nigeria is becoming a failed state but still claim it wont divide then you must be playing ignorance.

If you put a frog in water and slowly boil it, the frog won't realize that it's dying until it's too late.

I think you need to go and check out what a failed state means, if a state can actually divide, it is no longer a failed state, failed means nothing works, not even division, the next thing would be for Self destruct at which point the lucky shall survive, be careful what you wish for
Re: Ndiigbo, You Must Prepare For All Eventualities by horsepower102: 7:35pm On Dec 15, 2021
AlexBells:

You had listed the problems of Nigeria and you had not also look at some realities, the fact is that if Nigeria breaks up today at least 8 countries are coming out and I should let you know the world is not ready for additional 8 heads of states from Africa,

There would be no Biafra, there would be no Niger Delta Republic, there Would be No Arewa and maybe not even the Oduduwa as we know, there things would spell a time of unkown, what I'm saying is, whatever we want, let people get on discussing the modes, you can't just be agitating for Biafra when you know that there are some non interested Easterners, same is applicable to Arewa and Oduduwa, the fact is people are not ready to be sincere, people are not ready to talk and when you look at these things, there's eventually going to be friction, let each party discover themselves in Nigeria first,

I don't care for Biafra or niger delta or Arewa or whatever. I only care about Igbos. This is the main reason I opened this thread. Anyone who know me here knows that I don't agree with IPOB and their version of Biafra.

But besides that point, It doesn't matter how I feel about Nigeria or how you feel about Nigeria. What matters is that the current trajectory of Nigeria will lead to its eventual break up. It is simply unsustainable. That is why I am warning Igbos whom I deeply care about to prepare for it.
Re: Ndiigbo, You Must Prepare For All Eventualities by horsepower102: 7:40pm On Dec 15, 2021
AlexBells:

I think you need to go and check out what a failed state means, if a state can actually divide, it is no longer a failed state, failed means nothing works, not even division, the next thing would be for Self destruct at which point the lucky shall survive, be careful what you wish for

In the above statement, you said a failed state means nothing works, name an area or a sector that is working well in Nigeria today.
Re: Ndiigbo, You Must Prepare For All Eventualities by AlexBells(m): 7:43pm On Dec 15, 2021
horsepower102:

I don't care for Biafra or niger delta or Arewa or whatever. I only care about Igbos. This is the main reason I opened this thread. Anyone who know me here knows that I don't agree with IPOB and their version of Biafra.

But besides that point, It doesn't matter how I feel about Nigeria or how you feel about Nigeria. What matters is that the current trajectory of Nigeria will lead to its eventual break up. It is simply unsustainable. That is why I am warning Igbos whom I deeply care about to prepare for it.
Then the people you need are Igbos primarily and then others, when you came into this union of Nigeria, no one forced anyone, at least from the points of the regions, each of the three regions got independence independently, now have any of your mandated person (elected officials) appealed in the Senate, house of reps or have any state governors or state house of assembly moved any motion for any part of the country to break out,

Does it occur to you that when you elected your representatives that asking to leave the union is one of their duty, if then you feel that your leaders are imposed, how do you fix that, isn't that the first problem to fix, to get a credible electoral process, I'm a believer in AlaIgbo abd as matter of fact I pioneered a movement (Igbo province also the Confederate states of AlaIgbo) but the way things are going, if we don't retract our steps, Nigeria may rather fail than divide and don't make the mistakes of equating a failed state with division.
Re: Ndiigbo, You Must Prepare For All Eventualities by AlexBells(m): 7:45pm On Dec 15, 2021
horsepower102:

In the above statement, you said a failed state means nothing works, name an area or a sector that is working well in Nigeria today.
I'm not arguing that Nigeria is working, I'm arguing that we should get it to work first otherwise even division may not work, but life may become a hell and more people suffer
Re: Ndiigbo, You Must Prepare For All Eventualities by horsepower102: 8:03pm On Dec 15, 2021
AlexBells:

Then the people you need are Igbos primarily and then others, when you came into this union of Nigeria, no one forced anyone, at least from the points of the regions, each of the three regions got independence independently, now have any of your mandated person (elected officials) appealed in the Senate, house of reps or have any state governors or state house of assembly moved any motion for any part of the country to break out,

Does it occur to you that when you elected your representatives that asking to leave the union is one of their duty, if then you feel that your leaders are imposed, how do you fix that, isn't that the first problem to fix, to get a credible electoral process, I'm a believer in AlaIgbo abd as matter of fact I pioneered a movement (Igbo province also the Confederate states of AlaIgbo) but the way things are going, if we don't retract our steps, Nigeria may rather fail than divide and don't make the mistakes of equating a failed state with division.

Your history knowledge is distorted but i will not go into that because it would change this thread into something else.

Voting representatives is not a marker that people do not want to leave a country. There is a threat of war, violence and genocide hanging on the necks of Igbos. Don't forget that igbos were forced back into this union. If given a clear choice and opportunity, they would vote to leave and chart their own path because they strongly believe in themselves and their abilities to make it.

That said, whatever I say here are mere words. The events unfolding in Nigeria will lead us to the inevitable end. It doesn't matter how you feel about Nigeria.
Re: Ndiigbo, You Must Prepare For All Eventualities by horsepower102: 8:10pm On Dec 15, 2021
AlexBells:

I'm not arguing that Nigeria is working, I'm arguing that we should get it to work first otherwise even division may not work, but life may become a hell and more people suffer

My guy I feel a little bit sad for you because you are desperately hoping that Nigeria will someday work out. I used to be like that too.

If a house is built on a weak foundation, and the walls of the house starts cracking because of it, it doesn't matter how much you try to plaster that house, it will one day collapse on its own weight.
Re: Ndiigbo, You Must Prepare For All Eventualities by AlexBells(m): 8:12pm On Dec 15, 2021
horsepower102:

Your history knowledge is distorted but i will not go into that because it would change this thread into something else.

Voting representatives is not a marker that people do not want to leave a country. There is a threat of war, violence and genocide hanging on the necks of Igbos. Don't forget that igbos were forced back into this union. If given a clear choice and opportunity, they would vote to leave and chart their own path because they strongly believe in themselves and their abilities to make it.

That said, whatever I say here are mere words. The events unfolding in Nigeria will lead us to the inevitable end. It doesn't matter how you feel about Nigeria.
You are being overtly emotional, first the Igbos did not fight the first war becuase we wanted to leave Nigeria, you are also being economical with the truth, there was Massacre in 1945 of Igbos, that did not cause the war, in 1955 there was another massacre of southerners in the North, in 1966 there was a coup which resulted in a counter coup, in 1967 Gowon hijacked the government which promoted Ojukwu to declare Biafra after what had happened in the past months, now you see that the real reason of the war was because the government was hijacked and apparently there was no referendum before the war to ascertain if Easterners individually wanted to leave the union

Ojukwu was a Military governor based on military appointment and not an elected governor or any form elected representatives, there was still MI Opkara who should speak for the East as the premier, I don't really have to judge the declaration of Biafra given the events of the months earlier but just get it that Biafra declaration itself was illegal
Re: Ndiigbo, You Must Prepare For All Eventualities by AlexBells(m): 8:15pm On Dec 15, 2021
horsepower102:

My guy I feel a little bit sad for you because you are desperately hoping that Nigeria will someday work out. I used to be like that too.

If a house is built on a weak foundation, and the walls of the house starts cracking because of it, it doesn't matter how much you try to plaster that house, it will one day collapse on its own weight.
You don't have to feel sorry for me, feel sorry for yourself for really thinking you have solution to a problem you are yet to understand, wishes are not horses and even at that, how many more people would have to die, follow due process, you are not more armed today than Ojukwu was, you are not smarter nor better strategist than he was, you are not even better than his propaganda yet here we are, it does not matter how much energy you waste in doing things the wrong way, then the exact same way and expecting different result
Re: Ndiigbo, You Must Prepare For All Eventualities by horsepower102: 8:15pm On Dec 15, 2021
AlexBells:

You are being overtly emotional, first the Igbos did not fight the first war becuase we wanted to leave Nigeria, you are also being economical with the truth, there was Massacre in 1945 of Igbos, that did not cause the war, in 1955 there was another massacre of southerners in the North, in 1966 there was a coup which resulted in a counter coup, in 1967 Gowon hijacked the government which promoted Ojukwu to declare Biafra after what had happened in the past months, now you see that the real reason of the war was because the government was hijacked and apparently there was no referendum before the war to ascertain if Easterners individually wanted to leave the union

Ojukwu was a Military governor based on military appointment and not an elected governor or any form elected representatives, there was still MI Opkara who should speak for the East as the premier, I don't really have to judge the declaration of Biafra given the events of the months earlier but just get it that Biafra declaration itself was illegal

I will not go into the details of the civil war on this thread but if you open a new thread and invite me, I will join you to have a cordial rational discussion/debate.
Re: Ndiigbo, You Must Prepare For All Eventualities by AlexBells(m): 8:17pm On Dec 15, 2021
horsepower102:

I will not go into the details of the civil war on this thread but if you open a new thread and invite me, I will join you to have a cordial rational discussion/debate.
How can you open a readiness thread for any eventuality and then avoid the civil war that defined the Igbo nation, what then is the scope of your eventuality?
Re: Ndiigbo, You Must Prepare For All Eventualities by horsepower102: 8:29pm On Dec 15, 2021
AlexBells:

You don't have to feel sorry for me, feel sorry for yourself for really thinking you have solution to a problem you are yet to understand, wishes are not horses and even at that, how many more people would have to die, follow due process, you are not more armed today than Ojukwu was, you are not smarter nor better strategist than he was, you are not even better than his propaganda yet here we are, it does not matter how much energy you waste in doing things the wrong way, then the exact same way and expecting different result

Ok your one nigeria will last forever. Hope you are happy now since you enjoy living in fantasy.

The problem with people like you is that you willingly choose to ignore the reality of the situation in order to protect your fantasy. It's the "suffering and smiling syndrome".

Like I said earlier my opinion or your opinion won't change the unfolding events. The trajectory is already set.

The Nigerian situation is dire and will not get better for the foreseeable future and yet you want to talk about biafran war that happened over 50 years ago.
Re: Ndiigbo, You Must Prepare For All Eventualities by AlexBells(m): 8:33pm On Dec 15, 2021
horsepower102:

Ok your one nigeria will last forever. Hope you are happy now since you enjoy living in fantasy.

The problem with people like you is that you willingly choose to ignore the reality of the situation in order to protect your fantasy. It's the "suffering and smiling syndrome".

Like I said earlier my opinion or your opinion won't change the unfolding events. The trajectory is already set.

The Nigerian situation is dire and will not get better for the foreseeable future and yet you want to talk about biafran war that happened over 50 years ago.

I apparently don't care if Nigeria divides or stay united, I only yearn for solution which is the first instance before we can decide breakup, you can't breakup Nigeria single handedly and in that case we have to look into concerns of others and that would only come with Consideration and unity in equity
Re: Ndiigbo, You Must Prepare For All Eventualities by horsepower102: 8:48pm On Dec 15, 2021
AlexBells:

I apparently don't care if Nigeria divides or stay united, I only yearn for solution which is the first instance before we can decide breakup, you can't breakup Nigeria single handedly and in that case we have to look into concerns of others and that would only come with Consideration and unity in equity

In the early 20th century, the brits used to say that the sun never sets in the british empire. If you went to any brit at that time and told them that their empire will be gone in few decades, they will laugh at you. But little did they know that the event that will lead to the eventual collapse of their empire was already unfolding.

Hopefully you read this and see where I am coming from.

Now when It comes to the issue of "consideration and unity in equity" as you put it, this is something that you should be preaching to Northerners and not to an Igbo man like me.

Igbo culture at its core abhors injustice. "Egbe gbere; Ugo gbere"
Re: Ndiigbo, You Must Prepare For All Eventualities by AlexBells(m): 9:14pm On Dec 15, 2021
horsepower102:

In the early 20th century, the brits used to say that the sun never sets in the british empire. If you went to any brit at that time and told them that their empire will be gone in few decades, they will laugh at you. But little did they know that the event that will lead to the eventual collapse of their empire was already unfolding.

Hopefully you read this and see where I am coming from.

Now when It comes to the issue of "consideration and unity in equity" as you put it, this is something that you should be preaching to Northerners and not to an Igbo man like me.

Igbo culture at its core abhors injustice. "Egbe gbere; Ugo gbere"
I'm not preaching unity in equity as a model for Nigeria's continuing as a united nation I'm saying unity in division, since it does seem that division is the desire of majority, we must have to unite to divide that's what I mean, as for equity in a United Nigeria, I don't preach that because I know that we Igbos are a veto in Nigeria and arguably the most powerful tribe in Nigeria, justice is for the weak, I pray for strength instead, I shall never beg the North in a United Nigeria, I'm Igbo and I bow to no man, however when we wish to go our separate ways, we walk back the way we came together at least around 1960, like I said before, we got independence as Eastern Region not as Nigeria
Re: Ndiigbo, You Must Prepare For All Eventualities by jmoore(m): 10:13pm On Dec 15, 2021
Bla bla bla.
Your kids and grandkids will use naira.

'It’s time to prioritize Alaigbo in all our decisions going forward?' To do that is to participate actively in electing good governors in highland. Who is saying no election in igboland? Who is using sit-at-home to ground economic activities in Igboland?

(1) (Reply)

But What Would Actually Happen? / APC National Convention: Plot To Postpone March 26 Date Thickens / 2023: APC Moves To Adopt Indirect Primary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.