Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,402 members, 7,881,467 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:27 PM

Fact-Check: Court Did Not Declare Marriages Conducted At Ikoyi Registry Illegal - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Fact-Check: Court Did Not Declare Marriages Conducted At Ikoyi Registry Illegal (13489 Views)

FG Debunks Reports That Marriages Conducted At Ikoyi Registry Are False / All Marriages Conducted at Ikoyi Registry Are Illegal - High Court / Court Did Not Order Closure Of Ikoyi Registry, Federal Govt Tells Lagos Govt. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fact-Check: Court Did Not Declare Marriages Conducted At Ikoyi Registry Illegal by hotwax: 5:51am On Dec 16, 2021
post=108539513:
Again, Rumors are spread by fools and accepted by idiots.

It was authentic, but not well interpreted
Re: Fact-Check: Court Did Not Declare Marriages Conducted At Ikoyi Registry Illegal by meetme01: 5:56am On Dec 16, 2021
Lots you guys just read the headline

[/b]The judge said that any marriage registry established by the interior ministry outside the former Federal Capital Territory of Lagos and present Capital Territory of Abuja is a “voyage in futility.”

He, therefore, granted orders of perpetual injunction restraining the interior ministry and its agents “from further contracting, celebrating, and registering marriages under the Marriage Act within the plaintiffs’ local government areas, except marriages conducted in the registries in Ikoyi and Abuja[b]

1 Like

Re: Fact-Check: Court Did Not Declare Marriages Conducted At Ikoyi Registry Illegal by HRMK: 6:15am On Dec 16, 2021
na be say dose newsmen nor sabi grama or why dem dey write rubbish?i wonder!
Re: Fact-Check: Court Did Not Declare Marriages Conducted At Ikoyi Registry Illegal by Peacecoy19: 6:28am On Dec 16, 2021
vedaxcool:
Until fake news is dealth with , this sort of manipulations will continue ceaselessly.
What worries me is that the judgement is clear but the newspapers went to town completely opposite story.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fact-Check: Court Did Not Declare Marriages Conducted At Ikoyi Registry Illegal by Ghostmode2two(m): 6:33am On Dec 16, 2021
I wonder why the federal ministry of interior through the federal government would take over the conduct of marriages and issuance of marriage certificate This responsibility is the rthqt of the various local government right from time This country sha things are done the order way round. Marriage rites and marriage certificate issuance MUST be l ft for the local government as they are the grassroot government closer to the people
Re: Fact-Check: Court Did Not Declare Marriages Conducted At Ikoyi Registry Illegal by Princeton92(m): 6:43am On Dec 16, 2021
Nigerian laws always confused to and fro they go shocked shocked
Re: Fact-Check: Court Did Not Declare Marriages Conducted At Ikoyi Registry Illegal by descartes400: 6:44am On Dec 16, 2021
holorunwah:
My own opinion is this the court would order that both the local court and federal court marriage should stand as one there is no reason why a country should be divided into two all because of what.
God bless ninja God bless me

Your opinion is contrary to the provisions of the constitution on the matter.

God does not bless ninjas tongue

1 Like

Re: Fact-Check: Court Did Not Declare Marriages Conducted At Ikoyi Registry Illegal by StreetFight: 7:12am On Dec 16, 2021
justdogitto:
A house that is divided against itself can't stand...

Though I have noticed marriage conducted at ikoyi registry tend to last more than those performed at other places...

Even Visas are easily given to couples who had their registration at Ikoyi...

Did your parents marry at Ikoyi Registry?

Mind you, Tonto Decay married his 45 seconds Yahoo boy called Churchill at Ikoyi Registry.
Re: Fact-Check: Court Did Not Declare Marriages Conducted At Ikoyi Registry Illegal by lagosrd: 7:14am On Dec 16, 2021
Rubbish fact check. If you like keep the lues your identities and your lies will be brought to the fore front one day that you aided and supported lies that got many killed by helping to publicly deny the many unwarranted deaths in our country today.
Re: Fact-Check: Court Did Not Declare Marriages Conducted At Ikoyi Registry Illegal by vedaxcool(m): 7:15am On Dec 16, 2021
Peacecoy19:
What worries me is that the judgement is clear but the newspapers went to town completely opposite story.

They are doing it deliberately. They have an agenda and are using lies and misinformation to push that agenda.

2 Likes

Re: Fact-Check: Court Did Not Declare Marriages Conducted At Ikoyi Registry Illegal by OneCorner: 7:17am On Dec 16, 2021
Bloggers are doing more harm to this country than good
Re: Fact-Check: Court Did Not Declare Marriages Conducted At Ikoyi Registry Illegal by eluquenson(m): 7:19am On Dec 16, 2021
Confused Govt
Re: Fact-Check: Court Did Not Declare Marriages Conducted At Ikoyi Registry Illegal by Nobody: 7:34am On Dec 16, 2021
MaestroID:
When Traditional and white wedding still dy na to run am like that?

Abeg make person lecture me on the real reason for Court Marriages??
To make it more legal and recognized by the government
Re: Fact-Check: Court Did Not Declare Marriages Conducted At Ikoyi Registry Illegal by boladale123: 7:34am On Dec 16, 2021
Now aunty Kemi will be saying that she be certified investigative journalist!
See how she dey dance over the matter.
Re: Fact-Check: Court Did Not Declare Marriages Conducted At Ikoyi Registry Illegal by descarado: 7:37am On Dec 16, 2021
Don't have to read this to know that it's impossible to declare null and void all marriages conducted by the registry. It doesn't even make sense. Very inhumane and despicable thing to say.
And to think that very wicked elements were gloating here over the ruling was more wicked.
Nigerians are just wicked. As long as you don't benefit from something, it can burn to ashes.
Th same way people gloat over senseless killings happening around the country. As long as its not thir people, let the killing continue. They even post pictures of some. Pathetic
Re: Fact-Check: Court Did Not Declare Marriages Conducted At Ikoyi Registry Illegal by eebraa(m): 8:05am On Dec 16, 2021
They cash out in that Ikoyi Registry sha. Now we can go to any Local Government Registry and do our thing.
Re: Fact-Check: Court Did Not Declare Marriages Conducted At Ikoyi Registry Illegal by justdogitto: 10:06am On Dec 16, 2021
StreetFight:

Did your parents marry at Ikoyi Registry?

Mind you, Tonto Decay married his 45 seconds Yahoo boy called Churchill at Ikoyi Registry.

I'm being sarcastic sir !
Re: Fact-Check: Court Did Not Declare Marriages Conducted At Ikoyi Registry Illegal by Coted: 1:05pm On Dec 16, 2021
I don't even know which one to believe again

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need Baby Girls' Names / Parents With Young Children And Phones / How's Your Relationship With Your Siblings? Toxic Or Healthy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.