Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,318 members, 7,916,944 topics. Date: Saturday, 10 August 2024 at 02:27 PM

Help! Landlords Are Worried To Rent Out Their Properties To Me As A Freelancer. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Help! Landlords Are Worried To Rent Out Their Properties To Me As A Freelancer. (426 Views)

Some Things Some Landlords Do In Nigeria / Different Types Of Nigerian Landlords (meme Collection) / Fashola Tells Landlords To Collect Rents In Arrears (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Landlords Are Worried To Rent Out Their Properties To Me As A Freelancer. by aylive02(m): 10:46am On Dec 16, 2021
This has been the second year of seeking a 2-bedroom apartment in Kwara state and axis. Most of these landlords and caretakers find it difficult to believe that I am not a Yahoo boy. They keep lamenting I have no physical office and I just can't sit at home while others are off to work. I have tried to explain to them how I earn through content writing but they do not seem to understand. Once they hear "work from home and a laptop" they deny me vacancy, even the caretakers that seem to be in vogue a little.
I once paid for a 2bed apartment around March and I was refunded after a few weeks that I don't have a job. My problem now is; is freelancing a problem? How do I convince these myopic people I am not into fraud? I even go to the extent of showing them my transactions and statements. Yet, it falls on the same deaf ears. Please help me with your suggestions.
Re: Help! Landlords Are Worried To Rent Out Their Properties To Me As A Freelancer. by slimjohn2k5: 11:01am On Dec 16, 2021
Just call out a dummy company name for them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! Landlords Are Worried To Rent Out Their Properties To Me As A Freelancer. by Hashabiah: 11:24am On Dec 16, 2021
I understand how you feel because I was in the same position sometime ago . What I'll suggest you do is continue looking for accommodations elsewhere until you find someone who's more reasonable

2 Likes

Re: Help! Landlords Are Worried To Rent Out Their Properties To Me As A Freelancer. by aylive02(m): 11:38am On Dec 16, 2021
slimjohn2k5:
Just call out a dummy company name for them.

thanks. What they do not want is to stay indoor in the name of writing
Re: Help! Landlords Are Worried To Rent Out Their Properties To Me As A Freelancer. by aylive02(m): 11:39am On Dec 16, 2021
Hashabiah:
I understand how you feel because I was in the same position sometime ago . What I'll suggest you do is continue looking for accommodations elsewhere until you find someone who's more reasonable
thanks.
Re: Help! Landlords Are Worried To Rent Out Their Properties To Me As A Freelancer. by pocohantas(f): 7:50am On May 07, 2023
Have you found a house now?
How did you go about it @aylive02?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Female Roommate Or Flatmate In Lekki / Lexus Es 350 2010 / ₦90M: 4 Bedroom Detached Duplex For Sale At Ikota (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.